PDA

View Full Version : Cardale has the "it" factor....

Mace
05-15-2016, 04:39 PM
Another interesting read if you're in a hopeful frame of mind and wanting to read football thoughts.

“Call me what you want, as long as you call me a winner”… Cardale Jones in response to a question by John Murphy about being labeled a “running quarterback” in his introductory interview on the John Murphy Show, WGR-550 May 3, 2016.

http://buffalofambase.org/2016/05/14/intangibles-easy-see-cardale-jones-factor/

It's still going to come down to whether or not he has the NFL pro QB factor, but I like the kid and have fun reading about him. He's got this, hm, unbroken enthusiasm to him that I find interesting. I hope he works out, not holding my breath, but if he does work out, could be a hella fun.

mdcas22
05-15-2016, 05:00 PM
Another interesting read if you're in a hopeful frame of mind and wanting to read football thoughts.

http://buffalofambase.org/2016/05/14/intangibles-easy-see-cardale-jones-factor/

It's still going to come down to whether or not he has the NFL pro QB factor, but I like the kid and have fun reading about him. He's got this, hm, unbroken enthusiasm to him that I find interesting. I hope he works out, not holding my breath, but if he does work out, could be a hella fun.

well 1st off he is a middle round pick so no pressure on him, 2nd the kid is 11-0 and partially responsible for the national title . 3rd being a running quarterback 1st makes him a lot like TT so maybe he shines in this system except he he a much bigger and stronger version. I no I wasn't too excited when they called his name but the more I think about it the better I like it. No matter the situation the Bills still have is who can they relie on when TT go's down with injury because its gonna happen, I still say all in on Kelly next year if he has as good a year this year as he did in 2015.

Homegrown
05-15-2016, 06:08 PM
Cardale has the "it" factor ....

DEJA POO: the feeling you've heard this crap before

Mace
05-15-2016, 06:19 PM
DEJA POO: the feeling you've heard this crap before

I was thinking Losman personally. Wyche said in the film room he made you want to get up, shove the tables aside and play some football right there. Remembered him jumping in to cleaning up neighborhoods and such.

But this kid should have some time behind Taylor and Manuel. Has a diff vibe to him. The diffs tween him and Manuel are interesting.

Does it mean we struck gold ? Nah. But I still like the kid and hope his QB'ing sharpens. If not, well, I still don't think anyone struck QB gold this draft anyway so I figure wasn't going to happen.

Scumbag College
05-15-2016, 06:32 PM
Drafting him with the last pick of the fourth round is barely a risk at all. Guys fizzle out or never see any significant playing time all the time at this point of the draft no matter what position they play.

To get a QB that's won a National Championship with the last pick of the fourth round with his athleticism, arm strength, and size is well worth the pick. Anyone that has a problem with this pick is just a Debbie Downer and should get a looser pair of granny panties.

YardRat
05-15-2016, 06:33 PM
He definitely has a good personality.

feldspar
05-15-2016, 06:33 PM
Maybe he should see a doctor and get rid of "it."

ICRockets
05-15-2016, 06:34 PM
I think it's interesting that Washington said he thinks Cardale will be a better pro QB than he was in Urban Meyer's system. He said that when Cardale has the freedom to go through his progressions and actually target the RIGHT receiver instead of needing to throw to the designated receiver all the time, his talent will shine.

So basically, where Tim Tebow's weaknesses were covered up by Meyer's offense, Cardale's strengths (at least according to a once-and-future teammate) were muffled the more he was coached to follow the system.

I suppose it could help explain why he seemingly regressed from one season to the next. In 2014, they sort of had to let Cardale be Cardale more than they did in 2015.

Skooby
05-15-2016, 07:23 PM
My friend had it and the penicillin cleared it up after a few weeks, I wish him the best.

swiper
05-16-2016, 02:50 AM
Cardale has the "it" factor....

"Officer do you know who I am?"

"I am Ko Simpson!"

Forward_Lateral
05-16-2016, 05:38 AM
If the Bills had a superbowl for every QB they've had that's had the "IT" factor, they'd have at least 10.

EDS
05-16-2016, 07:31 AM
I think I would prefer Mettenberger as a development QB since he is now available.

Joe Fo Sho
05-16-2016, 07:32 AM
I think I would prefer Mettenberger as a development QB since he is now available.

He's way to white to be a QB here.

CleveSteve
05-16-2016, 08:45 AM
Cardale is not a running quarterback. that's the reason he was swapped out for JT Barrett. He was not a good fit for Urban Meyer's offense and was recruited by the previous HC. Jones ran because that was the offense at Ohio State. The media is calling him a running quarterback because he is big and because he is black and because he trucked Landon Collins in the BCS playoff. But Cardale is a pocket passing QB that has exceptional ball placement. He still has a lot of work to do do be proficient under center, but as a shotgun passing QB he has fantastic potential.

EDS
05-16-2016, 09:13 AM
Cardale is not a running quarterback. that's the reason he was swapped out for JT Barrett. He was not a good fit for Urban Meyer's offense and was recruited by the previous HC. Jones ran because that was the offense at Ohio State. The media is calling him a running quarterback because he is big and because he is black and because he trucked Landon Collins in the BCS playoff. But Cardale is a pocket passing QB that has exceptional ball placement. He still has a lot of work to do do be proficient under center, but as a shotgun passing QB he has fantastic potential.

This is the first time I have seen the words "exceptional ball placement" used to describe Jones. To me, he is a prospect because of his size and arm strength but needs huge amount of work in terms of accuracy, reading a defense, situational awareness and learning an offense.

swiper
05-16-2016, 11:17 AM

I have heard from a very reliable source that at least Chris Palmer is very high on Mettenberger.

- - - Updated - - -

LOL. Then why was he benched?

Night Train
05-16-2016, 01:22 PM
Love his arm but he has the mobility of a statue. Very easy to sack.

Mr. Pink
05-16-2016, 01:26 PM
Too bad he doesn't have much of a QB factor.

Night Train
05-16-2016, 01:28 PM
I think it's interesting that Washington said he thinks Cardale will be a better pro QB than he was in Urban Meyer's system. He said that when Cardale has the freedom to go through his progressions and actually target the RIGHT receiver instead of needing to throw to the designated receiver all the time, his talent will shine.

So basically, where Tim Tebow's weaknesses were covered up by Meyer's offense, Cardale's strengths (at least according to a once-and-future teammate) were muffled the more he was coached to follow the system.

I suppose it could help explain why he seemingly regressed from one season to the next. In 2014, they sort of had to let Cardale be Cardale more than they did in 2015.

Jones was a Tressel recruit and only played due to injuries. He never would have been recruited by Meyer.

Miller and Barrett were Meyer type QB's who could run the option. Then Miller destroyed his shoulder and couldn't throw the ball anymore, which meant his only option was to switch to WR. Meyer tried to switch the O to Jones this fall but he lost his outstanding OC Herman to Houston, who went on to be the coach of the year last season. He didn't know what to do with him.

IlluminatusUIUC
05-16-2016, 04:18 PM

That's my hope too. Urban Meyer's college system works damn great for him, but he doesn't put out great pro QBs. The only one of his who's become even serviceable is Alex Smith, and that was after 6 years and having his career resurrected by... Greg Roman.

Victor7
05-16-2016, 05:02 PM
No he doesn't.

Mace
05-16-2016, 06:48 PM
http://8328-presscdn-0-65.pagely.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/cardale-jones7.jpg