X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • k-oneputt
    • Jun 2009

Whaley/Rex

You would think these clowns being on a short leash would use their #1 pick on someone who can actually help them this season. I don't think 8-8 will cut it.
  • Albany,n.y.
    • Jul 2002

Re: Whaley/Rex

Originally posted by k-oneputt View Post
    You would think these clowns being on a short leash would use their #1 pick on someone who can actually help them this season. I don't think 8-8 will cut it.
    Why do you think Shaq is going to miss the whole season? He's not a QB who needs tons of reps before going into the lineup. Bennett went in immediately after we traded for him in 1987.

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
      • Jun 2024

Whaley is on a short leash only because Rex will blame him for this upcoming 7-9 season and then get his own GM installed.

Rex is safe for 3 more years. He won't get fired until there is only one more year left on his 5 year deal.

Comment

• Victor7
        • Jul 2013

Originally posted by Albany,n.y. View Post
        Why do you think Shaq is going to miss the whole season? He's not a QB who needs tons of reps before going into the lineup. Bennett went in immediately after we traded for him in 1987.
        You don't think him missing camp, preseason and probably a few games won't affect his play ???

Its a huge deal.

Comment

• Mace
          Haha...yeah you think so ?
          • Mar 2013

Originally posted by Albany,n.y. View Post
          Well, it's Ryan's complicated defense, and Lawson is no Bennett, and it's not the 1987 game. Not sure he'll miss the whole season though.

I do think they tried to use their pick on someone who could help them this season. Then he tried a swim move on a tackling dummy.

For this particular one I'd blame the medical staff more than anyone else.

Comment

• Mace
            Haha...yeah you think so ?
            • Mar 2013

Originally posted by SpikedLemonade View Post
            Whaley is on a short leash only because Rex will blame him for this upcoming 7-9 season and then get his own GM installed.

Rex is safe for 3 more years. He won't get fired until there is only one more year left on his 5 year deal.
            I don't think Whaley is going anywhere though either. They'll keep him. I think they like him and some people think he's the shiznit.

Comment

• Swiper
              Legendary Zoner
              • Sep 2010

Except for there are clowns above them named Brandon and Pegula. The sooner you all realize the owner is not so hot, the better.

Comment

• Swiper
                Legendary Zoner
                • Sep 2010

Here's what all the clowns at OBD need to learn. STOP drafting fragile superstars from CLEMSON:

Jason La Canfora
                ‎@JasonLaCanfora

Bills have had a tough time keeping Clemson 1st rnd picks CJ Spiller (past), Sammie Watkins (present) and Shaq Lawson (future) on the field
                Can't wait for all the idiots to come here and call Bills fans "whiners" for the perpertual failures.

Comment

• k-oneputt
                  • Jun 2009

Spiller was a dumb luxury pick considering we already had Freddie and Marshawn.
                  Watkins is a big time talent who we may or may not have over paid for, but his injury issues are not something he brought with him from college. Bad luck imo on his injuries.
                  Shaq was/is obviously injured goods and shouldn't have been the 1st rd. pick based on that alone.

Comment

• cookie G
                    • Mar 2003

Originally posted by SpikedLemonade View Post

mmhmm..and it'll be 3 GM's in 8 years that he's burned through.

There's a reason he reports directly to Pegula and not Whaley.

2014 will be the season of "We were getting there".

Comment

• coastal
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Mar 2005

No one does the 3 year flush like the Buf...

oh screw it.

Comment

• Historian
                        2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                        • Dec 2002

I'm not in the "Fire Whaley" crowd yet, but clearly somebody has some explaining to do, and the Bills need to seriously evaluate their medical staff.

You know, this will be my 49th season as a Bills fan. My family has had season tickets on and off since the War Memorial Stadium days.

I've pretty much seen it all. I've seen good GMs and Coaches, and I've seen bad ones.

I have supported this organization through it all, with never a thought about the performance on the field.

One win seasons...draft busts...player strikes...free agent defections...you name it. (We actually attended the scab games)

Didn't matter. This is my hometown team.

The only thing I have ever asked for in return, is for them to be honest with me, and ironically that's the one thing they could never give me. (other than a SB win)

Just once I would like them to man-up admit they made a mistake.

Just once.

They're still defending the Maybin pick. They're still defending Perry Tuttle and Booker Moore, and letting Ahmad Rashad walk, all while marketing the team around events from 25 years ago.

Why?

These are supposed to be experts in their field. They are certainly paid like it. Yet year after year, they continue to screw up, get replaced by another set of screw ups, and the process repeats itself.

At one point, I honestly thought it was a Wilson thing, but he's gone and nothing has changed. It's business as usual at One Bills Drive.

Can someone explain that?

And while I'm on the subject of the medical staff....What the hell are they doing?

This team has had the injury bug since Dick Jauron was coach. Every year they are scrambling to fill positions of starters who are getting injured in November.

You can't win that way.

So what the hell is it? Diet? Conditioning? Astroturf?

Man, if somebody can explain THAT to me, I'd be really appreciative, because I just don't get it.

Comment

• feldspar
                          • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Historian View Post

This team has had the injury bug since Dick Jauron was coach. Every year they are scrambling to fill positions of starters who are getting injured in November.

You can't win that way.

Man, if somebody can explain THAT to me, I'd be really appreciative, because I just don't get it.
                          To me, injuries started piling up more and more after the Bills got rid of Rusty Jones, who was the strength and conditioning coordinator for 20 years (1985 - 2004).

The same team that fired Bill Polian...

Last edited by feldspar; 05-18-2016, 06:43 AM.

Comment

• coastal
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Historian View Post
                            I'm not in the "Fire Whaley" crowd yet, but clearly somebody has some explaining to do, and the Bills need to seriously evaluate their medical staff.

You know, this will be my 49th season as a Bills fan. My family has had season tickets on and off since the War Memorial Stadium days.

I've pretty much seen it all. I've seen good GMs and Coaches, and I've seen bad ones.

I have supported this organization through it all, with never a thought about the performance on the field.

One win seasons...draft busts...player strikes...free agent defections...you name it. (We actually attended the scab games)

Didn't matter. This is my hometown team.

The only thing I have ever asked for in return, is for them to be honest with me, and ironically that's the one thing they could never give me. (other than a SB win)

Just once I would like them to man-up admit they made a mistake.

Just once.

They're still defending the Maybin pick. They're still defending Perry Tuttle and Booker Moore, and letting Ahmad Rashad walk, all while marketing the team around events from 25 years ago.

Why?

These are supposed to be experts in their field. They are certainly paid like it. Yet year after year, they continue to screw up, get replaced by another set of screw ups, and the process repeats itself.

At one point, I honestly thought it was a Wilson thing, but he's gone and nothing has changed. It's business as usual at One Bills Drive.

Can someone explain that?

And while I'm on the subject of the medical staff....What the hell are they doing?

You can't win that way.

When Pegs took over, he had the perfect opportunity to flush this organization and rebuild it.

He chose the opposite strategy...

He promoted Russ Brandon and left the likes of Overdorf in place at the highest levels of the organization.

On the opposite end of the hierarchy... Buddy Nix is still employed by the Buffalo Bills.

The organization is a cesspool of nepotism. Ask anyone who works for the Pegulas... its a "how long can I hang onto this gravy train" proposition.

Comment

• feldspar
                              • Mar 2007

Originally posted by coastal View Post

Buddy Nix is still employed by the Buffalo Bills.

No, he isn't.

Comment

Working...
                              X