PDA

View Full Version : Whaley/Rex

k-oneputt
05-17-2016, 01:29 PM
You would think these clowns being on a short leash would use their #1 pick on someone who can actually help them this season. I don't think 8-8 will cut it.

Albany,n.y.
05-17-2016, 03:44 PM
You would think these clowns being on a short leash would use their #1 pick on someone who can actually help them this season. I don't think 8-8 will cut it.
Why do you think Shaq is going to miss the whole season? He's not a QB who needs tons of reps before going into the lineup. Bennett went in immediately after we traded for him in 1987.

SpikedLemonade
05-17-2016, 03:49 PM

Whaley is on a short leash only because Rex will blame him for this upcoming 7-9 season and then get his own GM installed.

Rex is safe for 3 more years. He won't get fired until there is only one more year left on his 5 year deal.

Victor7
05-17-2016, 03:49 PM
Why do you think Shaq is going to miss the whole season? He's not a QB who needs tons of reps before going into the lineup. Bennett went in immediately after we traded for him in 1987.

You don't think him missing camp, preseason and probably a few games won't affect his play ???

Its a huge deal.

Mace
05-17-2016, 03:52 PM

Well, it's Ryan's complicated defense, and Lawson is no Bennett, and it's not the 1987 game. Not sure he'll miss the whole season though.

I do think they tried to use their pick on someone who could help them this season. Then he tried a swim move on a tackling dummy.

For this particular one I'd blame the medical staff more than anyone else.

Mace
05-17-2016, 03:54 PM
Whaley is on a short leash only because Rex will blame him for this upcoming 7-9 season and then get his own GM installed.

Rex is safe for 3 more years. He won't get fired until there is only one more year left on his 5 year deal.

I don't think Whaley is going anywhere though either. They'll keep him. I think they like him and some people think he's the shiznit.

swiper
05-17-2016, 03:58 PM

Except for there are clowns above them named Brandon and Pegula. The sooner you all realize the owner is not so hot, the better.

swiper
05-17-2016, 04:01 PM
Here's what all the clowns at OBD need to learn. STOP drafting fragile superstars from CLEMSON:

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/711718602379022337/vwIS3PJz_normal.jpgJason La Canfora
✔ ‎@JasonLaCanfora (https://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora)

Bills have had a tough time keeping Clemson 1st rnd picks CJ Spiller (past), Sammie Watkins (present) and Shaq Lawson (future) on the field

Can't wait for all the idiots to come here and call Bills fans "whiners" for the perpertual failures.

k-oneputt
05-17-2016, 04:42 PM
Spiller was a dumb luxury pick considering we already had Freddie and Marshawn.
Watkins is a big time talent who we may or may not have over paid for, but his injury issues are not something he brought with him from college. Bad luck imo on his injuries.
Shaq was/is obviously injured goods and shouldn't have been the 1st rd. pick based on that alone.

cookie G
05-17-2016, 04:48 PM

mmhmm..and it'll be 3 GM's in 8 years that he's burned through.

There's a reason he reports directly to Pegula and not Whaley.

2014 will be the season of "We were getting there".

coastal
05-18-2016, 05:16 AM
No one does the 3 year flush like the Buf...

oh screw it.

Historian
05-18-2016, 05:51 AM
I'm not in the "Fire Whaley" crowd yet, but clearly somebody has some explaining to do, and the Bills need to seriously evaluate their medical staff.

You know, this will be my 49th season as a Bills fan. My family has had season tickets on and off since the War Memorial Stadium days.

I've pretty much seen it all. I've seen good GMs and Coaches, and I've seen bad ones.

I have supported this organization through it all, with never a thought about the performance on the field.

One win seasons...draft busts...player strikes...free agent defections...you name it. (We actually attended the scab games)

Didn't matter. This is my hometown team.

The only thing I have ever asked for in return, is for them to be honest with me, and ironically that's the one thing they could never give me. (other than a SB win)

Just once I would like them to man-up admit they made a mistake.

Just once.

They're still defending the Maybin pick. They're still defending Perry Tuttle and Booker Moore, and letting Ahmad Rashad walk, all while marketing the team around events from 25 years ago.

Why?

These are supposed to be experts in their field. They are certainly paid like it. Yet year after year, they continue to screw up, get replaced by another set of screw ups, and the process repeats itself.

At one point, I honestly thought it was a Wilson thing, but he's gone and nothing has changed. It's business as usual at One Bills Drive.

Can someone explain that?

And while I'm on the subject of the medical staff....What the hell are they doing?

This team has had the injury bug since Dick Jauron was coach. Every year they are scrambling to fill positions of starters who are getting injured in November.

You can't win that way.

So what the hell is it? Diet? Conditioning? Astroturf?

Man, if somebody can explain THAT to me, I'd be really appreciative, because I just don't get it.

feldspar
05-18-2016, 06:42 AM
This team has had the injury bug since Dick Jauron was coach. Every year they are scrambling to fill positions of starters who are getting injured in November.

You can't win that way.

Man, if somebody can explain THAT to me, I'd be really appreciative, because I just don't get it.

To me, injuries started piling up more and more after the Bills got rid of Rusty Jones, who was the strength and conditioning coordinator for 20 years (1985 - 2004).

The same team that fired Bill Polian...

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-1/Former-Bills-coach-Rusty-Jones-receives-Lifetime-Achievement-award/5b49e914-69a9-4bf8-a839-22b18223d2ed

coastal
05-18-2016, 07:03 AM
I'm not in the "Fire Whaley" crowd yet, but clearly somebody has some explaining to do, and the Bills need to seriously evaluate their medical staff.

You know, this will be my 49th season as a Bills fan. My family has had season tickets on and off since the War Memorial Stadium days.

I've pretty much seen it all. I've seen good GMs and Coaches, and I've seen bad ones.

I have supported this organization through it all, with never a thought about the performance on the field.

One win seasons...draft busts...player strikes...free agent defections...you name it. (We actually attended the scab games)

Didn't matter. This is my hometown team.

The only thing I have ever asked for in return, is for them to be honest with me, and ironically that's the one thing they could never give me. (other than a SB win)

Just once I would like them to man-up admit they made a mistake.

Just once.

They're still defending the Maybin pick. They're still defending Perry Tuttle and Booker Moore, and letting Ahmad Rashad walk, all while marketing the team around events from 25 years ago.

Why?

These are supposed to be experts in their field. They are certainly paid like it. Yet year after year, they continue to screw up, get replaced by another set of screw ups, and the process repeats itself.

At one point, I honestly thought it was a Wilson thing, but he's gone and nothing has changed. It's business as usual at One Bills Drive.

Can someone explain that?

And while I'm on the subject of the medical staff....What the hell are they doing?

You can't win that way.

When Pegs took over, he had the perfect opportunity to flush this organization and rebuild it.

He chose the opposite strategy...

He promoted Russ Brandon and left the likes of Overdorf in place at the highest levels of the organization.

On the opposite end of the hierarchy... Buddy Nix is still employed by the Buffalo Bills.

The organization is a cesspool of nepotism. Ask anyone who works for the Pegulas... its a "how long can I hang onto this gravy train" proposition.

feldspar
05-18-2016, 07:10 AM
Buddy Nix is still employed by the Buffalo Bills.

No, he isn't.

coastal
05-18-2016, 07:27 AM
No, he isn't.
http://www.buffalobills.com/about-us/front-office.html

feldspar
05-18-2016, 07:40 AM
http://www.buffalobills.com/about-us/front-office.html

Well, there is this:

"Nix is no longer with the organization - he served as a Special Assistant in the front office for another year before retiring"

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/buffalo-bills-news/2016/2/11/10972740/buddy-nix-ej-manuel-ryan-fitzpatrick-2013-nfl-draft-plan

And this:

"It has been reported by numerous media outlets that Nix would not be returning as Special Assistant after the conclusion of the 2014 season."

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buddy_Nix

Maybe the Bills need to fire the guy that's in charge of updating their website too?

coastal
05-18-2016, 08:07 AM
Still doesn't change the point at all...

btw... 2 Brandon's in the executive suite?

kscdogbillsfan1221
05-18-2016, 09:00 AM
Still doesn't change the point at all...

somehow it's never Russ Brandons fault.

GreedoII
05-18-2016, 09:15 AM
Whaley is toast if they don't win 10 games

coastal
05-18-2016, 09:49 AM
somehow it's never Russ Brandons fault.
I'm sure OBD's EBITDA has been HUUUUUGE during his tenure.

OpIv37
05-18-2016, 10:01 AM

We were 8-8 last year. The D struggled. We lost Mario, Bradham and McKelvin- don't get me wrong, I get why they had to go, but we didn't replace them with anyone equal or better. Lawson was the only real talent we added to that struggling 8-8 D.

This team is going to dig themselves into an insurmountable hole before he gets back. Even if he can step right in and play well (which is unlikely for a rookie with no preseason and limited training due to the injury), it will be too little, too late.

Mace
05-18-2016, 03:37 PM
Lawson was the only real talent we added to that struggling 8-8 D.

You forgot Ragland. I'm not so sure about the trade/draft sequence, but no denying he's instantly the best real LB we have. I do believe he's a 3 down guy. I'm just not sure he's going to be enough at this point.

While I don't like the Adolphus pick, he does have plenty of talent if they can get him to consistently use it, though I'm still confused about his role and sure don't like Dareus in the middle.

Not real sure we lost much in Bradham or McKelvin.

Mace
05-18-2016, 04:03 PM

They cultivate a family atmosphere. They still don't know all the Williamses, er, Williamsii aren't related.

I just noticed they still have the late Ralph Wilson listed too. Well that has to make for some interesting meetings.

swiper
05-19-2016, 10:47 AM
To me, injuries started piling up more and more after the Bills got rid of Rusty Jones, who was the strength and conditioning coordinator for 20 years (1985 - 2004).

The same team that fired Bill Polian...

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-1/Former-Bills-coach-Rusty-Jones-receives-Lifetime-Achievement-award/5b49e914-69a9-4bf8-a839-22b18223d2ed

http://www.niagara-gazette.com/bills-hojnowski-ribbeck-keep-team-in-gear/article_47e8eff7-a56f-5261-acc1-bcf24d209bce.html (http://www.niagara-gazette.com/bills-hojnowski-ribbeck-keep-team-in-gear/article_47e8eff7-a56f-5261-acc1-bcf24d209bce.html)