Drew actually didn't have a great game...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lordofgun
    in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

Drew actually didn't have a great game...

Att - Cmp - Yd - TD - Int - Pct - Rate
    39 - 26 - 271 - 1 - 2 - 66.7 - 73.8

All I heard after the game on Sunday (talk shows, etc.) was how great Drew played. I didn't think he had a great game.

Aside from his completion percentage he didn'thave a great game last week. HE forced a lot of passes that he shouldn't have thrown, which resulted in 2 INTs. Those INTs could have been the diffference in the game.

Granted, he made up for those INTs with some nice drives - especially the last drive of regulation with that amazing TD pass on 4th down.

I expect Drew to have much better days, which could make this offense even scarier. It sure is better than what we had the past few years!

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

• shelby
    The Vanilla *****
    • Jul 2002

that block he threw was awesome!

Comment

• Sabre Ally
      • Jul 2002

I think the reason for all the talk about how great he played was because he sprinkled some totally awesome plays in between the INT's and other messups that showed how well he really CAN play......and after a 3-13 season, seeing the potential there has GOT to be exciting.

Comment

Originally posted by shelby
        that block he threw was awesome!

Originally posted by JJamezz

Comment

• shelby
          The Vanilla *****
          • Jul 2002

You have to love that.

Comment

• mybills
            81 st zoner
            • Jul 2002

You're right LOG, he wasn't "Great", he was ok, but not great!
            If only he could plow through someone like that to get it in the endzone if he had to! Not sure we'll ever see that, but I won't be picky about it either. As long as he improves in other areas that is!
            I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• Mr Bill
              Oh No!!!
              • Jul 2002

A game tying drive and a great block showed us how dedicated DB is to winning.

Drew has something to prove!

I used to be a big TV star,
              now I'm just a pile of clay.

Comment

• Bufftp
                Hi Dave!

Administrator Emeritus
                • Jul 2002

Stats wise no.
                But the effect of his leadership showed. Thats what made Jim Kelly such a great quaterback not just a good Passer. We have missed that for so long I think thats why people were so pumped by DB.
                Photobucket

In the end, there are only three liberal archetypes: The fools, the beneficiaries and the crooks.
                "If you build a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day, but if you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life"
                Optyimus Ignorus Realityious!

"Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, to assure the survival and the success of liberty.
                - John F. Kennedy, January 20, 1961

To live in the presence of great truths and eternal laws,
                to be led by permanent ideals -
                that is what keeps a man patient
                when the world ignores him,
                and calm and unspoiled when the world praises him. -- Honore De Balzac

Comment

• The_Philster
                  • Jul 2002

He may not have been great, but I, and many others, felt that just his presence made the team better than it's been since Kelly retired.
                  The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• 4thAndLong
                    I'm Really 4 and Short
                    • Sep 2002

Stats dont mean too much, Bledsoe's INTs were from lack of chemistry with Moulds, which they will get after awhile.

Him having a great game was all his clutch plays, 4th down and he scores a touchdown from like 26 yards away, to send it to OT, thats clutch.

Also, the confidence and leadership he brings to the team, you can just feel it. Something I haven't felt since Kelly left, everytime Bledsoe was on the field, I thought we had a great chance to score.

His presence on this team is definetely worth a top 5 pick, regardless how we do. Besides, if they get a top 5 pick, all the college players are greedy bastards, and will want more $$. (McKinnie)

That block showed exactly what we have, heart, a leader, and someone we can rely on, someone who loves the game. And He showed that, how many QBs in the league do that block? 1, Drew Bledsoe.

The confidence level of the team is through the roof with Drew here, even coming off an 3-13 season.

Comment

• lordofgun
                      in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
                      • Jul 2002

Every time we have the ball, I feel like we can go right down the field and score. It's incredibly nice to have that feeling again.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• Captain gameboy
                        • Jul 2002

I wouldn't rely too much on stats to grade his performance. The picks, especially one of them, were miscomms between he and receivers.
                        It was very obvious to me that Cottrell and Herm game planned to prevent Bledsoe from throwing deep outs or going to Jay R.. As the result, other routes opened up, and the running game had a much better chance of succeeding, and it did. Without him Henry probably ends up with 40 yds, we don't go three for three in the red zone, and the game is a boring, ugly thing like 2001. The guy has an effect beyond stats.
                        Last edited by Captain gameboy; 09-15-2002, 10:05 AM.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                          • Jul 2002

stat wise, nothing great. Compared to what we had the last few years............nuff said.
                          sacrifice1
                          https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Butch
                            • Jul 2002

Bledsoe gives everyone confidence. I can't remember a time where I just knew the Bills were going to drive down the field for the winning or go ahead score with Flutie or Johnson. Bledsoe didn't have a great game against the Jets, but it was a very good game.
                            It's nice to have a real quarterback again.

Comment

• casdhf
                              • Jul 2002

way to rain on the parade, loaf...er log
                              Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
                              cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

Working...
                              X