PDA

View Full Version : Gilmore to skip ota's

Mace
05-23-2016, 03:54 PM
Didn't see it mentioned. I know it's only ota's, but it annoys me.

http://bills.buffalonews.com/2016/05/22/bills-cb-stephon-gilmore-wont-otas-monday-two-sides-work-deal/

swiper
05-23-2016, 03:58 PM
Doesn't bother me.

Mace
05-23-2016, 04:07 PM
Doesn't bother me.

Then I feel better about it.

feldspar
05-23-2016, 04:26 PM
Yeah well, he's playing for his next contract right now.

If not showing up to these voluntary things affects his play, it'll affect his pocketbook as well. I'm sure he's put some thought into this.

I'm not that worried, either. Dunno what extra he'd learn about covering a guy in OTAs. Maybe it's good to give the depth more reps, or opportunity in this scenario.

YardRat
05-23-2016, 05:51 PM
Yeah, I get the 'it's a business' and 'voluntary' angles, but it always irks me when players don't commit 100% to the team. It would bother me a little less if he even just showed up and didn't do anything physical because of an 'injury'.

ghz in pittsburgh
05-23-2016, 06:53 PM
I thought he had surgery

Mace
05-23-2016, 07:04 PM
Yeah, I get the 'it's a business' and 'voluntary' angles, but it always irks me when players don't commit 100% to the team. It would bother me a little less if he even just showed up and didn't do anything physical because of an 'injury'.

That's the thing. Since Byrd, I always wonder too if there's not already an injury. Almost seems to me it's in his better interest to prove he's healthy and ready to go, if selective about what he does. I also worry about conditioning injuries later. Oh he's working on his conditioning, he's doing his offseason routine like players always will.

Whaley already said they want to resign him. From what I read they're working on it, so like what ante is there to up ? The hardball act is cheesy and I'm still not so sure anyway he's earned the "special me" route since he's still under contract another year if he likes it or not.

Flipping it around, I'm not so sure if I was a fan of another team I'd be too terrified of Gilmore covering my favorite receiver.

I want them to resign him, I like Gilmore, but I think he's getting Byrd syndrome.

Mace
05-23-2016, 07:07 PM
I thought he had surgery

Torn labrum, yes. But that gets him a soft routine in ota's.

stuckincincy
05-23-2016, 08:39 PM
Torn labrum, yes. But that gets him a soft routine in ota's.

Softer routine? The only thing possibly softer than ota's is cashmere.

Mace
05-23-2016, 08:43 PM

Chamois.

stuckincincy
05-23-2016, 08:46 PM
Chamois.

Pussy Willows.

Mace
05-23-2016, 08:54 PM
Pussy Willows.

The gentle caress of a soft breeze in a field of dandelions.

stuckincincy
05-23-2016, 08:57 PM
The gentle caress of a soft breeze in a field of dandelions.

Unicorn farts.

Mace
05-23-2016, 09:00 PM
Unicorn farts.

We all know those are harsh.

stuckincincy
05-23-2016, 09:03 PM
We all know those are harsh.

I wouldn't know - I've never been to a Dem Nat'l convention.

Mace
05-23-2016, 09:13 PM
I wouldn't know - I've never been to a Dem Nat'l convention.

Can't hardly tell me you've never sniffed a horses ass though.

stuckincincy
05-23-2016, 09:25 PM
Can't hardly tell me you've never sniffed a horses ass though.

Noted (notorious) NF Mayor E. Dent Lackey???

Never met him, but I would have liked to - a character, to say the least. :kid:

http://iwitnessniagara.blogspot.com/2011/11/e-dent-lackey-city-of-niagara-falls.html

Victor7
05-24-2016, 08:46 AM

Marquis Goodwin

As for Gilmore missing OTA's its no big deal. He's negotiating a deal. Imagine him here and getting hurt int he middle of negotiations ???

Pinkerton Security
05-24-2016, 08:57 AM
I usually dont get too upset about these sort of things but with a defense which should have been a lot lot better last year, we need everyone in here and on board with the scheme. CB play is very important in Rex's system since they're isolated a lot - Gilmore could be learning from Ed Reed right now, instead hes worried about money. I get it and all, but we need our defense to be great

trapezeus
05-24-2016, 09:25 AM
it's not a big deal, but the fact whaley keeps talking that they are working on it seems like they aren't as close as the bills are spinning it. and that's all the message Gilmore needs to send without really hurting the team. if he's holding out during TC, then he's hurting the team to a degree.

OpIv37
05-24-2016, 10:54 AM
So we didn't anyone significant in FA, our best draft pick is going to miss significant time due to injury and starters aren't practicing.

How exactly are we supposed to improve, then?

don137
05-24-2016, 10:54 AM
Gilmore has been working out at my son's high school before school starts with a trainer along with Deangelo Williams. I spoke to someone that saw him and mentioned he looks in good. The next time I see him I will ask if he noticed him doing anything different favoring the one shoulder due to his shoulder surgery.

Joe Fo Sho
05-24-2016, 12:15 PM
So we didn't anyone significant in FA, our best draft pick is going to miss significant time due to injury and starters aren't practicing.

We get it, there's no hope.

cookie G
05-24-2016, 02:55 PM

through the new reporting policies.

Everyone is going to look freaking great!

Skooby
05-24-2016, 03:35 PM
Nothing to see here, move along...