PDA

View Full Version : Brady May Still Play the First 4 Games

ghz in pittsburgh
05-23-2016, 06:58 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000664303/article/tom-brady-files-petition-for-suspension-case-rehearing

Mace
05-23-2016, 07:10 PM
Won't really surprise me any.

YardRat
05-23-2016, 07:18 PM
**** Brady and everything New England.

Mace
05-23-2016, 07:23 PM
**** Brady and everything New England.

He tasks me. He tasks me and I shall have him! I'll chase him 'round the moons of Nibia and 'round the Antares Maelstrom and 'round perdition's flames before I give him up.

http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/d1/b3/77/d1b377c2e2e41cfe71caeb2128553e31.jpg

Ingtar33
05-23-2016, 07:24 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000664303/article/tom-brady-files-petition-for-suspension-case-rehearing

0.02% of those cases are heard. He might have a better chance to be struck by lightning playing golf in a thunderstorm.

Scumbag College
05-23-2016, 07:52 PM
He tasks me. He tasks me and I shall have him! I'll chase him 'round the moons of Nibia and 'round the Antares Maelstrom and 'round perdition's flames before I give him up.

http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/d1/b3/77/d1b377c2e2e41cfe71caeb2128553e31.jpg

One of the most hilarious pieces of overacting in the history of movies.

"From Hell's heart I stab at thee. For Hate's sake, I spit my last breath at thee," Khan to Kirk. And Scumbag College to Brady upon Brady announcing his retirement from the NFL and Tommy taking his new, post-NFL position as Grand Dragon of NAMBLA.

stuckincincy
05-23-2016, 07:55 PM
0.02% of those cases are heard. He might have a better chance to be struck by lightning playing golf in a thunderstorm.

I'm dumbfounded that the case was accepted by the Federal circuit court in the first place...better things to do, I daresay.

Mace
05-23-2016, 08:10 PM

"From Hell's heart I stab at thee. For Hate's sake, I spit my last breath at thee," Khan to Kirk. And Scumbag College to Brady upon Brady announcing his retirement from the NFL and Tommy taking his new, post-NFL position as Grand Dragon of NAMBLA.

You know, that movie honestly made me read the whole of Moby Dick finally and love it. Every time Ahab spoke, I heard him in Montalbans voice.

IlluminatusUIUC
05-23-2016, 08:10 PM
I'm dumbfounded that the case was accepted by the Federal circuit court in the first place...better things to do, I daresay.

His appeal to the 2nd Circuit was his right. However, a re-hearing en banc and SCOTUS review are both discretionary and the chance that they take it up is extremely low.

stuckincincy
05-23-2016, 08:22 PM
His appeal to the 2nd Circuit was his right. However, a re-hearing en banc and SCOTUS review are both discretionary and the chance that they take it up is extremely low.

Yes he can appeal - I question why they heard it in the first place. Then again, notoriety has benefits...Judge Judy hauls in $47M/yr and ain't that a nice gig? :balloons:

Scumbag College
05-23-2016, 08:29 PM
You know, that movie honestly made me read the whole of Moby Dick finally and love it. Every time Ahab spoke, I heard him in Montalbans voice.

I wish there was a spinoff movie of just Khan, but Khan's mundane life. Khan goes to the grocery store and they're out of his favorite cereal. "I curse thee!" Khan says to the kid stocking the shelf. Khan fills up his car at the gas station, "Ah yes, my old friend...Super Unleaded."

But to get back on topic, **** Brady and his ****ty face.

stuckincincy
05-23-2016, 08:34 PM

By Grabthars' Hammer you will be avenged!

Mace
05-23-2016, 08:38 PM
I wish there was a spinoff movie of just Khan, but Khan's mundane life. Khan goes to the grocery store and they're out of his favorite cereal. "I curse thee!" Khan says to the kid stocking the shelf. Khan fills up his car at the gas station, "Ah yes, my old friend...Super Unleaded."

But to get back on topic, **** Brady and his ****ty face.

https://thetrektrek.files.wordpress.com/2012/06/wokkhanshush.jpeg?w=640

Jesss.......Jesssssss !

Scumbag College
05-23-2016, 08:47 PM
By Grabthars' Hammer you will be avenged!

I nicknamed my junk Grabthars' Hammer.

stuckincincy
05-23-2016, 08:50 PM

Sigourney had more rack than I gave her credit for.

Scumbag College
05-23-2016, 08:52 PM
Sigourney had more rack than I gave her credit for.

That's the way a 55 year old broad should look.

stuckincincy
05-23-2016, 08:55 PM
Did you know that the original brassiere designers were bridge engineers?

Scumbag College
05-23-2016, 08:58 PM
At least the engineers diverted their attention and education from useless bridges to something useful.

Skooby
05-24-2016, 03:03 AM

Brady will ask for a stay immediately after getting turned down by the 2nd circuit court in the next few months. Anyone notice how his lawyers delayed their appeal filing until the end of the last possible day ?? They're hoping that the SCOTUS takes it's usual time to respond during the stay (freezes the case so Brady could play), which will be many months later & most likely into next year.

P.S. I had an Uncle Grabthar, he was a vegetarian.

Forward_Lateral
05-24-2016, 07:36 AM
As much as I hate the Pats and Brady, this whole thing is making Godell look like a complete buffoon. Please just make it go away. I don't even care about a suspension anymore. The fact that we are still talking about it almost 2 years later is ridiculous.

Joe Fo Sho
05-24-2016, 08:12 AM
As much as I hate the Pats and Brady, this whole thing is making Godell look like a complete buffoon. Please just make it go away. I don't even care about a suspension anymore. The fact that we are still talking about it almost 2 years later is ridiculous.

This has actually made me like Goodell more, and I really don't like the guy. Besides, Brady is the one who is extending deflategate this time.

Goodell would look like a pushover if he just gave up on this whole situation. Brady cheated, he deserves some sort of punishment. If nothing else, it will make the Patriots think twice before cheating for a 3rd time, or whatever number they're up to now.

Victor7
05-24-2016, 08:36 AM
This all would've been over had Brady just admitted to the whole thing in the 1st place and taken his man pills. I'm sure the league would've negotiated the suspension down to a game or 2 and none of this would be in the news now. But nooooooooo ***** Brady's ego wouldn't let him just admit it and he's now wasting NFLPA's money paying for his high profile "I'm guilty" lawyers. Not to mention making judges hear his bull**** when I'm sure there are far more pressing cases. No wonder he was voted one of the most hated players in recent history. POS

stuckincincy
05-24-2016, 09:27 PM
This all would've been over had Brady just admitted to the whole thing in the 1st place and taken his man pills. I'm sure the league would've negotiated the suspension down to a game or 2 and none of this would be in the news now. But nooooooooo ***** Brady's ego wouldn't let him just admit it and he's now wasting NFLPA's money paying for his high profile "I'm guilty" lawyers. Not to mention making judges hear his bull**** when I'm sure there are far more pressing cases. No wonder he was voted one of the most hated players in recent history. POS

Good post.

OpIv37
05-24-2016, 09:32 PM

Goodell has done many, many things that have made him look like a complete buffoon.

Generalissimus Gibby
05-25-2016, 01:55 AM

I still think Greg Peck when I think of Ahab, but yeah that film was essentially Moby Dick in Space.

sahlensguy
05-25-2016, 07:32 AM
There is Brad May and then there is Brady May, just sayin.

WagonCircler
05-25-2016, 03:23 PM
I read the thread title too fast and thought it very odd that Brad May would be making a comeback at his age.

DesertFox24
05-26-2016, 10:41 AM
Look until we kickoff against the Pats and Brady is not under center for the first all the way to the last snap of that game I will be convinced he plays. He has the money and the desire to fight this suspension.

trapezeus
05-27-2016, 06:08 AM
at this point its all a marketing gimmick. the pats record with the under talented positions over the years (inclusive of a 6th round brady) is enough to be a red flag that they aren't playing by the same rules. if the league wanted to stop this, they could just take the data and inform the pats that they are under formal investigation and the deflation of balls has given them enough concern that the entire operation is BS.

BertSquirtgum
05-28-2016, 02:10 PM
He's not getting out of it this time. 0% chance he plays in the first four games this year.

Luisito23
05-28-2016, 03:12 PM
He's not getting out of it this time. 0% chance he plays in the first four games this year.

***** ass better not play.

DynaPaul
06-01-2016, 01:08 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong but when this whole thing started didn't the Patriots say they were going to cooperate and accept any punishment the league deemed fit? What happened to that?

Joe Fo Sho
06-01-2016, 02:14 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong but when this whole thing started didn't the Patriots say they were going to cooperate and accept any punishment the league deemed fit? What happened to that?

The Patriots did say that, and that's what they did to an extent. They asked for there draft pick back, but they didn't take it to court or anything.

Tom Brady didn't say that, and he's the one fighting the decision. Well, him and the players union.

DetDannyWilliams
06-01-2016, 02:21 PM
Bisons announce 'Keep Brady Suspended' Night

The event will be held Saturday, June 11th for the team's doubleheader against the Charlotte Knights.
The Bisons are offering buy-one, get-one free tickets to anyone who brings a properly inflated football, which will then be donated to area youth football programs.
The team is also accepting donations of un-destroyed cell phones for the Cell Phones for Soldiers charity.
In addition, the Bisons are offering a 12.5% discount in the gift shop for anyone who brings a Tom Brady jersey or t-shirt too add to the postgame fireworks, and during the game the scoreboard will feature videos of some of sports "greatest cheaters."

http://www.wgrz.com/sports/baseball/bisons/bisons-announce-keep-brady-suspended-night/226407821

ghz in pittsburgh
06-02-2016, 04:56 AM
According to DeMaurice Smith, Tom Brady has a generous offer for the league and got turned down. http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/tom-brady-made-generous-offer-to-settle-deflategate-nfl-shot-him-down/.

Wonder how "generous" was Brady's offer?

IlluminatusUIUC
06-02-2016, 08:31 AM
According to DeMaurice Smith, Tom Brady has a generous offer for the league and got turned down. http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/tom-brady-made-generous-offer-to-settle-deflategate-nfl-shot-him-down/.

Wonder how "generous" was Brady's offer?

Yeah I don't get that either. The dealbreaker for both sides this whole time was whether or not Brady served games. Offering to settle on a fine wouldn't do it.