• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mace
    Haha...yeah you think so ?
    • Mar 2013

Tyrod Taylor's stat splits, trouble ?

Didn't see it mentioned. A beefy read for fans who care and like numbers, from Rumblings.

The author expresses concern with Taylor on later downs. I think I'm more concerned with Taylor staying healthy and having the chance to keep developing on the field. I still saw him as a rookie vet, and by that standard he did pretty well. At this point I'm inclined to think his issue with slow reads and occasional indecision is developmental. Can't know until he puts in another year.

Good article though imho.
  • YardRat
    Well, lookie here...
    • Dec 2004

Re: Tyrod Taylor's stat splits, trouble ?

I don't think Taylor's stats are different enough from the top 30 in either category to support optimism or pessimism...he was an average QB that could run last season, we all know that. I agree this year's performance is going to tell us (or should) much more.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Mace
      • Mar 2013

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
      I don't think Taylor's stats are different enough from the top 30 in either category to support optimism or pessimism...he was an average QB that could run last season, we all know that. I agree this year's performance is going to tell us (or should) much more.
      Agree, Donald. I'm not thrown off by his 4 years in the league. He was essentially a rookie starter. He only has one real season of stats to date.

Comment

• mightysimi
        Buckle me in on the highway of sin
        • Mar 2010

At least the Bills are waiting to throw money at him to be sure.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
          Skoobasaurus-Rex
          • Oct 2011

Reality of the matter we don't know what we have but the stats & the end results haven't matched up. We made a 8-8 record or better for 2 years in a row for the first time since 1999-2000, that's something there.
          Last edited by Skooby; 05-29-2016, 07:11 PM.

Comment

• Turf
            • Jul 2002

Tyrod fails on obvious passing downs. He has incredible spirit and drive and carried this team to a sub par record. And for the record, Roman sucks. Tyrod needs to fix his 3-4 WR stats.
            Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
              Unreachable Douche
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mace View Post
              Didn't see it mentioned. A beefy read for fans who care and like numbers, from Rumblings.

The author expresses concern with Taylor on later downs. I think I'm more concerned with Taylor staying healthy and having the chance to keep developing on the field. I still saw him as a rookie vet, and by that standard he did pretty well. At this point I'm inclined to think his issue with slow reads and occasional indecision is developmental. Can't know until he puts in another year.

Good article though imho.
              Buffalo NY, where we consider 5th year Quarterbacks basically a rookie.
              Been doing it for Rob Johnson, JP Losman, and EJ Manuel.
              5th year is a new one, usually we only do it for their 2nd or 3rd year in the league.

Comment

• YardRat
                Well, lookie here...
                • Dec 2004

Originally posted by TacklingDummy View Post
                5th year is a new one, usually we only do it for their 2nd or 3rd year in the league.
                At least we didn't waste a first rounder on Taylor. I guess I look at it this way...we took a shot on a project sixth-round QB and it's time to see what he has...the only variation of the theme is we let another team develop him for four years.
                YardRat Wall of Fame
                #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• WagonCircler
                  Escaped Convict
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
                  At least we didn't waste a first rounder on Taylor. I guess I look at it this way...we took a shot on a project sixth-round QB and it's time to see what he has...the only variation of the theme is we let another team develop him for four years.
                  I agree with this, but the downside is that the pursuit of a franchise QB continues to have zero urgency in Whaley's bizarro-world.

A guy would bundles first round picks like they're rolled pennies too trade up for an injury prone Wide Receiver, but who apparently deems the QB position as insignificant, drafting only one QB since the horrendous EJ Manuel, that guy being a worthless project.

No serious effort has been made to address the position. The baseless arrogance is sickening.

Just keep kicking the can down the road.

Comment

• mdcas22
                    the mouth of the south
                    • Aug 2015

Taylor is what we seen in 2015, if you believe he is gonna act like a rookie and get better your wrong, he will learn but the fact is he still gonna be 6 ft tall, he still gonna have trouble throwing over the middle and he still gonna have trouble reading defense's quick enough. one things for sure that reading defenses comes from the class room not in reps so if he has trouble reading defense's in year 5 he always will have trouble. I think TT is a great quarterback on any team but not as your franchise guy, coming off the bench would be the thing for him to do but the media will drive him to thinking he is something he is not. Baltimore who has 2 rings too there credit wouldn't let a possible franchise QB go for nothing, if they thought he was that good they would have tried to trade him not let him go for nothing, my opinion.

Comment

• Mace
                      • Mar 2013

Originally posted by TacklingDummy View Post
                      Has nothing to do with Buffalo. These were the first 14 starts of his career, no matter how long he's been on rosters, fresh and new to starting regular season games and facing weekly action.

There's no way around it.

Comment

• Mace
                        • Mar 2013

Originally posted by mdcas22 View Post
                        one things for sure that reading defenses comes from the class room not in reps so if he has trouble reading defense's in year 5 he always will have trouble.
                        That doesn't make any sense to me at all and I disagree completely. Classroom theory never matches practical experience and game day defenses can be expected to be dynamic not static. Peyton manning improved continuously in reading defenses through his career until his arm gave out. Film helps, but nothing matches seeing it live.

Comment

• Mace
                          • Mar 2013

Originally posted by WagonCircler View Post
                          I agree with this, but the downside is that the pursuit of a franchise QB continues to have zero urgency in Whaley's bizarro-world.

A guy would bundles first round picks like they're rolled pennies too trade up for an injury prone Wide Receiver, but who apparently deems the QB position as insignificant, drafting only one QB since the horrendous EJ Manuel, that guy being a worthless project.

No serious effort has been made to address the position. The baseless arrogance is sickening.

Just keep kicking the can down the road.
                          Well, what franchise QB's since Manuel though ? To date there are 5 starters (Winston, Mariota, Bridgewater, Carr & Bortles), they're 44-73 with the only winning season being Bridgewater last year, out of the 46 qb's drafted besides Manuel from 2013 on.

I don't know if Taylor develops, but franchise QB's are just rare.

Comment

• Gilly
                            Go Sabres!!
                            • Sep 2012

Yea, yea, Bills should have traded to get a top tier QB...

Who should've they traded to get?

Man the whining here gets old..

“A calm and modest life brings more happiness than the pursuit of success combined with constant restlessness,"

Comment

• PromoTheRobot
                              • Sep 2003

TT was the best first year starting QB by far.
                              10 Commandments of the D
                              1. Never stop Rocking.
                              2. Legalize all drugs.
                              3. Quit your day job.
                              4. All Religion should be taxed.
                              5. Cut down on carbohydrates.
                              6. F**k her gently.
                              7. Never believe what people tell you after a show.
                              8. Always take a spoon full of Metamucil after a heavy day of eating.
                              9. Get at least 9 hours of sleep a day.
                              10. Eatin' ain't cheatin'.

Comment

Working...
                              X