PDA

View Full Version : Magahee Holdout- What do ya think about it?

BillsNick
07-25-2003, 01:14 PM
I would like to know what my fellow diehards think about the Magahee situation. Oh and what about his agent, Bob Sugar.

Dozerdog
07-25-2003, 01:17 PM
I don't see it as an issue- he's in no shape to play.

Plus, I thought his agent was Drew Rosenhaus- - who's Bob Sugar?

BillsNick
07-25-2003, 01:22 PM
reference to slimey agent in Jerry Maguire- Bob Sugar

BillsNick
07-25-2003, 01:26 PM
I agree with you about it being a non-issue, but I personally think Kelsay said it best when he signed. "Getting into camp on time, that was one of my main goals,” he said. “ Showing everybody, my teammates and coaches, that I really want to be here.”

Aero II
07-25-2003, 01:32 PM
I just think that it is a difficult negotiation between TD and Rosenhaus. TD is known for sticking to his guns regarding what he thinks is fair, and DR is a snake in the grass, but wants to get as much as he can for his client. DR does get paid in relation to what his client earns.

I'm not worried one bit. TD knew what he was getting into.

Turf
07-25-2003, 02:10 PM
Hardly any first rounders are signed. I don't really see it as a holdout yet, especially considering he can't do much of anything anyways.

mypoorfriendme
07-25-2003, 02:36 PM
yeah, what kelsay said.....chemistry and learning the playbook are very important. i know hes not going to be playing, but to let everyone know he watns to be there even though he doesnt at all have to be there is very important

BillsNick
07-25-2003, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by mypoorfriendme
yeah, what kelsay said.....chemistry and learning the playbook are very important. i know hes not going to be playing, but to let everyone know he watns to be there even though he doesnt at all have to be there is very important :up:

Exactly- Get right in there and show that the TEAM matters to you, not just the c-notes. That's the type of players the Bills love, team players that actualy love the game of football. Willis seems to be like that somewhat, but I think his scumbag agent is the boss right now. TD won't take sh!^ from anyone though so it will be interesting.

TedMock
07-25-2003, 02:54 PM
It's not necessarily McGahee doing this as some already mentioned. DR is definitely going to get as much as he possibly can and TD know's that he has time...and plenty of it. Plus McGahee is doing exactly what he'd be doing anyway. I'm sure he has a playbook that he's studying from the mini-camp. Neither side seems irritated at all and I think a deal will get done that's fair for all sides. In one aspect we did pick him at 23 and should pay him that but on the other hand they owe us a favor for doing that. He'll get his money but there'll be clauses regarding playing. DR didn't "sell" TD at all. DR does his job well and if anything he "sold" future clients. I'd bet my life that DR and TD had discussions long before the draft. Both guys are savvy enough to pull this off and smell like roses.

BillsNick
07-25-2003, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by TedMock
It's not necessarily McGahee doing this as some already mentioned. DR is definitely going to get as much as he possibly can and TD know's that he has time...and plenty of it. Plus McGahee is doing exactly what he'd be doing anyway. I'm sure he has a playbook that he's studying from the mini-camp. Neither side seems irritated at all and I think a deal will get done that's fair for all sides. In one aspect we did pick him at 23 and should pay him that but on the other hand they owe us a favor for doing that. He'll get his money but there'll be clauses regarding playing. DR didn't "sell" TD at all. DR does his job well and if anything he "sold" future clients. I'd bet my life that DR and TD had discussions long before the draft. Both guys are savvy enough to pull this off and smell like roses.

I'm with you. I think that TD is holding all the cards though for now....