X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • swiper
    • Sep 2010

Ristolainen

Western New York’s number one source for daily sports talk and play-by-play as the flagship station of the Bills and Sabres. Stream, read and download WGR 550 AM from any device on Audacy

Yeah. I don't agree. He's no Lidstrom. And doesn't even look close to that. Near the end of last season I saw him get turned around and scored on in back-to-back games. Saw him run away from a shooter instead of dropping to block the shot more than once. Saw him out of position a bunch of times. He's tall, but not intimidating. There's plenty of room for improvement.
  • JATMtheJATM
    • Aug 2012

Re: Ristolainen

He struggled at points last year, which he admits. He's 21. He clearly is one of the best young defensemen In the league and needs improvement but man is he already good.

And nobody is another lidstrom. Not sure where that came from. But even I'm his prime, lidstrom made mistakes. The same ones all dmen make. So. Ok
    Last edited by JATMtheJATM; 06-02-2016, 11:46 AM.
    Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
      Zero for Zero!
      • Mar 2003

Nobody compared him to Lidstrom
      Originally posted by mysticsoto
      Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• JATMtheJATM
        • Aug 2012

Originally posted by Dr. Lecter View Post
        Nobody compared him to Lidstrom
        I'm puzzled too. Lidstrom was special. Risto is a number 1. Lidstrom isn't the bar for that
        Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

• Ingtar33
          Dances With Buffaloes
          • Sep 2002

this is billszone.

next season someone will be talking about Ristolainen because he's no phil housley or ray bourque. If you don't have a hall of famer the player is a waste of time and needs to go for draft picks. that's how we roll here.
          My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• casdhf
            • Jul 2002

He gave up goals in back to back games? Lets trade him!
            Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
            cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• coastal
              Legendary Zoner
              • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Swiper View Post
              http://www.wgr550.com/Sabres-Ristola...he-nu/22762974

Yeah. I don't agree. He's no Lidstrom. And doesn't even look close to that. Near the end of last season I saw him get turned around and scored on in back-to-back games. Saw him run away from a shooter instead of dropping to block the shot more than once. Saw him out of position a bunch of times. He's tall, but not intimidating. There's plenty of room for improvement.
              Dude.. I saw the same things u did.

there were flashes of what he can become... even a block of games.

but a season full of ha its weren't there... let alone taking it to another level altogether once they get themselves into the playoffs.

hes got a lot of growing to do.

Comment

• Swiper
                • Sep 2010

You people are lame. How can you forget how many times we heard the comparisons between Ristolainen and Lidtrom after he got drafted? THAT's where it came from. The fact is the article puts him in a place where he isn't yet in his development. If he's the #1 defender, then the Sabres still have problems.

Comment

• JATMtheJATM
                  • Aug 2012

You people are lame. How can you forget how many times we heard the comparisons between Ristolainen and Lidtrom after he got drafted? THAT's where it came from. The fact is the article puts him in a place where he isn't yet in his development. If he's the #1 defender, then the Sabres still have problems.
                  Of course the sabres still have problems. Their number 1 dman is a 21 year old still developing. That's not a slight on risto, but the team.

Never once have I heard risto compared to lidstrom
                  Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

• Swiper
                    • Sep 2010

LOL. Wake up and watch the draft coverage. They said it repeatedly. Then we read it in the papers. Then we heard the dopes here say it.

Comment

• Swiper
                      • Sep 2010

physical stature and ability to mentally control the game, proven by his TOI and lack of residency in the sin bin (a-la Niklas Lidstrom)

Very Nik Lidstrom-esqe in efficiency even though they play different styles

There are still so many comparisons between the two it's ridiculous that any real fan has "never heard" any. Lame fan. There all over. Just open your eyes. I'm here to tell you they're wrong. Lidstom was a much stronger player at 21 than Ristolainen. Hence the original post pointing out that the wgr fan boys are wrong.

Comment

• DetDannyWilliams
                        Nobody in Hawaii wears a tie.
                        • Feb 2013

Comment

• JATMtheJATM
                          • Aug 2012

http://pucksense.sportsblog.com/

There are still so many comparisons between the two it's ridiculous that any real fan has "never heard" any. Lame fan. There all over. Just open your eyes. I'm here to tell you they're wrong. Lidstom was a much stronger player at 21 than Ristolainen. Hence the original post pointing out that the wgr fan boys are wrong.
                          So, someone compares one thing to lidstrom (the fact they stay out of the box) and the means they are comparable through and through? No.

And yes, I've never heard the two compared. Settle down.

I'm also confused how lidstrom was better in the NHL at ristos age when lidstrom wasn't in the NHL at ristos age?
                          Last edited by JATMtheJATM; 06-02-2016, 05:59 PM.
                          Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

• trapezeus
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Oct 2004

if we missed Meyers at any point last season, then we can complain about risto. but he looked good as a young guy and he plays with intensity. he's always in the scrum, he has to grow, but is a great person to bet will continue to develop, knowing what we know now. but I realize the same crew of posters who never are satisfied and just like to pick apart post the most.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                              Skoobasaurus-Rex
                              • Oct 2011

He's young & this is hockey, not Basketball.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              😂
                              🥰
                              😘
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😞
                              😡
                              👍