PDA

View Full Version : Fun 'n games with the Strength of Schedule

stuckincincy
06-04-2016, 07:21 PM
That NFL fans can be stats junkies is an understatement.

This chap - recognizing that the NFL is in its' floating-in-the-doldrums period, lashed the Strength of Schedule until it squealed. :whip:

Here are the fruits of his efforts. Bon apetit.

NFL strength of schedule: Breaking down home vs. road and more for all 32 teams.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-strength-of-schedule-breaking-down-home-vs-road-and-more-for-all-32-teams/

Scumbag College
06-04-2016, 07:55 PM
This article is further proof that the NFL hates the Bills and that the world is probably flat.

Skooby
06-04-2016, 08:03 PM
This article is further proof that the NFL hates the Bills and that the world is probably flat.

I live in SW FL, it's really flat and all the roads are North South / East West.

stuckincincy
06-04-2016, 08:58 PM
I live in SW FL, it's really flat and all the roads are North South / East West.

Isn't that dull?

sukie
06-04-2016, 09:16 PM
and as you drive "north" to Tampa... All roads lead to Arcadia . So it seems.

Mace
06-04-2016, 09:37 PM
and as you drive "north" to Tampa... All roads lead to Arcadia . So it seems.

Back when I was young and wild, I'd head out with the bike on a free weekend meaning to go anywhere to get there. For about 5 solid years, didn't matter if I went West, South, or East from Buffalo, meaning to keep going that way, I'd always end up in Brocton, NY. I'd stare at the limits of what I could see figuring I'd surely hit something solid if I threw a rock. I'd sigh when I saw the sign. There was some really good diner there though and I always felt fine about it after some of their coffee, a cheeseburger and french fries. Seemed like a fine little twilight zone area.

Couldn't get past my strength of schedule I guess. Figure they were winning seasons though I never made the Super Bowl. Probably made the playoffs a few times but never really knew it. Would be good to end up in Brocton again, looking back.

bleve
06-05-2016, 09:47 AM
Tied for 1st with the toughest schedule in games 1-4.

There'll be campaigns for Billboard donations before October.

Skooby
06-05-2016, 12:16 PM
Isn't that dull?

Very dull but predictable, like all the roads are easy to traverse without much dispute (Snow / Hail / Incredibly nasty winds). We will get some blinding rains here and there as well but if your pull over, they typically pass pretty quick.

Ingtar33
06-05-2016, 02:45 PM
I said when i saw the schedule last january we'd be LUCKY to get to 8-8 this year, and we could do a lot worse EVEN IF the team was objectively better then last seasons squad at every position.

This is going to be a brutal year.

gebobs
06-06-2016, 06:16 AM
Lousier teams are going to generally harder strengths of schedule sort of along the same lines as how you always find a lost item in the last place you look and how the slowest driver is the one in front of a long line. of traffic.

Joe Fo Sho
06-06-2016, 06:29 AM
It's fun getting to play New England twice a year. It's a guarantee that we play a 12+ win team at least twice every year, that never helps our strength of schedule.

This year we play 4 teams with 12 or more wins, and 2 teams with 10 wins. There's 6 games against teams that are significantly better than us. We're going to have to shock the world if we want to make the playoffs this year. If we can't beat these teams, we don't deserve to play in the post season.

gebobs
06-06-2016, 07:25 AM
This year we play 4 teams with 12 or more wins, and 2 teams with 10 wins.

The Bills have four games against 2015 10-6 teams: SEA, PIT, NYJ (2x). Then again, the Jets didn't impress me as a really tough 10-6 team seeing as two of their losses were to us. They an inexplicably good run toward the end of last year, but they were probably more of a 7-9 team when you think about it.

Joe Fo Sho
06-06-2016, 08:06 AM
The Bills have four games against 2015 10-6 teams: SEA, PIT, NYJ (2x). Then again, the Jets didn't impress me as a really tough 10-6 team seeing as two of their losses were to us. They an inexplicably good run toward the end of last year, but they were probably more of a 7-9 team when you think about it.

Oh yeah, I forgot about the Jets. I guess because we keep beating them that subconsciously I refused to list them as a team that's better than us.

The Jets had one of the easiest schedules in the league last year. They played the same teams as us, except we played Cincy and KC, where they got to play Cleveland and Oakland. I agree that they aren't as good as their record suggested, I think they'll fall off a bit this year, even if they sign Fitzy back. Their schedule is tougher than ours this year.