PDA

View Full Version : Tyrod Taylor Has A $100 Million Incentive To Make The Bills Great Again

BillsImpossible
06-05-2016, 05:32 PM
Sorry, couldn't resist the pun.

It's going to be a swim or sink season for Tyrod Taylor, and perhaps the entire Bills coaching staff and Doug Whaley's head.

He faces being cut in 2017 vs. signing a contract that will make him tremendously famous and wealthy.

I sense a biased attitude toward Tyrod Taylor among Bills fans.

Why aren't fans more excited about him heading into the 2016 season?

For a quarterback in his first year in a new system under Roman after sitting on the bench for 4 years, Tyrod Taylor played better than most Bills fans ever expected to see.

Where'e the love?

Skepticism reigns supreme, understandably.

I went out on a limb last year and said Tyrod Taylor would be the Bills starting QB.

This year, I think he takes the Bills to the playoffs, gets injured, and Cardale Jones wins the Super Bowl.

Just kidding...

I think Taylor will take the Bills to the playoffs and earn a contract worth over $100 million.

Skooby
06-05-2016, 05:39 PM
I feel the same.

Thurmal
06-05-2016, 08:11 PM
He's serviceable; I'll give him that. But if we're down by more than like 8 points in the second half, consider it done-zo, cause that dude isn't mounting a comeback of any sort.

ICRockets
06-05-2016, 08:30 PM
He's serviceable; I'll give him that. But if we're down by more than like 8 points in the second half, consider it done-zo, cause that dude isn't mounting a comeback of any sort.

So you didn't watch last season at all. Got it.

YardRat
06-06-2016, 04:47 AM
Buffalo won one game last season in which they were down by 8 pts or more in the second half, against the Titans (down 10-0 halfway through the third, won 14-13).

Joe Fo Sho
06-06-2016, 05:51 AM
Buffalo won one game last season in which they were down by 8 pts or more in the second half, against the Titans (down 10-0 halfway through the third, won 14-13).

We also outscored NE 19-3 in the 4th quarter to lose by 8.

I'm not sure why someone would think that Tyrod can't score quickly. We put up 27 points in the first half against the Dolphins in the 1st matchup, 19 in the first half the 2nd matchup. After being tied with the Texans in the 4th quarter, we put up 9 unanswered points.

He's not Aaron Rodgers by any stretch, but he's not Kelly Holcomb either. It's the defense that I'm more worried about, especially with the tough schedule we have this year.

Skooby
06-06-2016, 07:28 AM

I'm not sure why someone would think that Tyrod can't score quickly. We put up 27 points in the first half against the Dolphins in the 1st matchup, 19 in the first half the 2nd matchup. After being tied with the Texans in the 4th quarter, we put up 9 unanswered points.

He's not Aaron Rodgers by any stretch, but he's not Kelly Holcomb either. It's the defense that I'm more worried about, especially with the tough schedule we have this year.

We also took our foot off the Dolphins' head, I was at that game and we could of simply crushed them at will. We dictated everything that game.

Joe Fo Sho
06-06-2016, 07:38 AM
We also took our foot off the Dolphins' head, I was at that game and we could of simply crushed them at will. We dictated everything that game.

We've been on a nice little run against the Dolphins and Jets lately.

I started making bets with a couple of Jets fans at work for the last 4 matchups, the Bills have won the last 5 games against the Jets so I've won every bet. It's nice that they can't talk smack to me even though the Bills have been so bad recently.

Skooby
06-06-2016, 07:49 AM
We've been on a nice little run against the Dolphins and Jets lately.

I started making bets with a couple of Jets fans at work for the last 4 matchups, the Bills have won the last 5 games against the Jets so I've won every bet. It's nice that they can't talk smack to me even though the Bills have been so bad recently.

Bingo, it's held me over nicely as well with other AFC homers.

BertSquirtgum
06-06-2016, 09:46 AM
Tyrod is the black JP Losman.

kscdogbillsfan1221
06-06-2016, 01:02 PM
Tyrod is the black JP Losman.

in some respects yes, but he is approximately 100 times more intelligent.

Skooby
06-06-2016, 01:18 PM
in some respects yes, but he is approximately 100 times more intelligent.

Maybe even more, LOL.

sukie
06-06-2016, 01:33 PM
Tyrod will be exactly what he is unless he grows a set and can regularly find the guy in the middle of the field.

YardRat
06-06-2016, 01:36 PM

So we were down by 24 after three, which essentially made the fourth garbage time. And we didn't win, which was part of the point I was addressing.

Again, the point I was addressing had nothing to do with first half points, it was relative to being down 8 in the second half. We won one game under those circumstances all season with Tyrod, against a team that by all rights should have been a 'gimme' for Buffalo.

I'm more worried about the defense also, but that doesn't change the fact that Taylor didn't add much to his resume last year re:come from behind victories.

Finally, if one wants to give Tyrod points for 'coming back' and still losing, a la the New England game, than that should play the same for EJ and Jacksonville, a game where the team came back and actually took the lead, late.

BillsImpossible
06-06-2016, 05:24 PM
Tyrod will be exactly what he is unless he grows a set and can regularly find the guy in the middle of the field.

At the end of last season, (last two games) Taylor was finding targets over the middle.

Not only did he play well, he showed signs of improvement throughout his "rookie" year after suffering some bumps in the road.

As the season went along, Tyrod Taylor got better, which is perhaps the biggest/most important thing people are overlooking.

He didn't make the same mistakes he made against New England in Week 2 (3 Ints) and finished the season strong with a 5-4 record coming off an injury.

http://www.nfl.com/player/tyrodtaylor/2495240/gamelogs

ublinkwescore
06-06-2016, 09:27 PM
If Rex didn't ruin our defense, our playoff drought would have been over... Rex is a moron, and was the wrong hire for this team. Should have been Hue Jackson. Period.