PDA

View Full Version : HOF Bruce Smith Dealing with Daily Pain and Memory Loss

DraftBoy
06-07-2016, 11:08 AM
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/bruce-smith-just-53-is-dealing-with-pain-on-a-daily-basis-and-memory-loss/

There are many tales of former football players -- especially those in the "old days" -- battling with physical and mental issues as they grow older.

Add another legendary name to the list of those suffering: Bruce Smith. The Hall of Fame defensive end who terrorized quarterbacks for more than a decade with the Bills, said at Jim Kelly's charity golf tournament he's dealing with pain on "a daily basis."

"There's not a day that goes by that I'm not in pain," Smith said, via Ty Dunne of the Buffalo News. "Multiple joints and things that I experience on a daily basis. It can be very frustrating sometimes and painful, but I'm very blessed."

Very sad.

sukie
06-07-2016, 11:54 AM
I suffer from memory loss at times and I have aches as well. I'm 52. I owe it all to being FIFTY TWO. Sure athletes will develop more pain. Expected. The memory loss could be something... it could also be nothing in some cases. Bruce has the correct attitude of "being blessed".

(note... the writer suffers from memory loss as well. Stating that Bruce had an immediate impact is wrong... Year one, he was a chubby big kid. Not until he became robocop esque in stature did he start to dominate. it was like someone hit the turbo button on him.

DraftBoy
06-07-2016, 12:01 PM
I suffer from memory loss at times and I have aches as well. I'm 52. I owe it all to being FIFTY TWO. Sure athletes will develop more pain. Expected. The memory loss could be something... it could also be nothing in some cases. Bruce has the correct attitude of "being blessed".

(note... the writer suffers from memory loss as well. Stating that Bruce had an immediate impact is wrong... Year one, he was a chubby big kid. Not until he became robocop esque in stature did he start to dominate. it was like someone hit the turbo button on him.

6.5 sacks as a rookie in a league where the focus was on running the ball was a hell of an accomplishment. He absolutely made an immediate impact, the writer didn't say he dominated.

sukie
06-07-2016, 12:06 PM
Ah but to go from starting 13 and playing in all 16 for 6.5 sacks is pretty good but not #1 overall impact... Year 2... BOOM 15... IMPACT

HHURRICANE
06-07-2016, 08:17 PM
I would say the memory loss is from all the booze he drinks.

stuckincincy
06-08-2016, 01:14 PM
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/bruce-smith-just-53-is-dealing-with-pain-on-a-daily-basis-and-memory-loss/

Very sad.

Yikes - 19 years' worth of pounding in the NFL trenches. I hope that in the future, things don't take a turn for the worse.