PDA

View Full Version : McCoy hobbled

Mace
06-08-2016, 06:22 PM
Didn't see anyone mention it, thought it was notable. Hamstring.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/205294/lesean-mccoy-sits-out-bills-ota-with-hamstring-tightness

I'll be amazed if he ever gains 1k rushing yards in a Bills uniform, whether anyone likes me saying it or not.

elltrain22
06-08-2016, 07:27 PM
TANK!!!!!!

stuckincincy
06-08-2016, 07:35 PM
:kid:

Jake
06-08-2016, 07:44 PM
I'm not surprised. We'll be lucky to get half a season out of him.

Scumbag College
06-08-2016, 08:00 PM
0-16 until 2022 here we come!

Turf
06-08-2016, 08:08 PM
Another dumb move by the FO. Extending a multimillion dollar contract to a running back on the back end of his career because he didn't want to come here. I wish Pegula would become an educated fan, or an astute owner because he's neither. Whaley and Brandon are imbeciles.
I seriously think we should all find another team. Endless stupidity.

TacklingDummy
06-08-2016, 08:14 PM
RB are a waste of money. Carlos Williams was more productive with little cost.
We have a RB and WR who isn't worth a **** and people wonder why we suck.

ParanoidAndroid
06-08-2016, 09:41 PM
Jonathan Williams will be our #1 before long.

Mouldsie
06-08-2016, 09:46 PM

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/205294/lesean-mccoy-sits-out-bills-ota-with-hamstring-tightness

I'll be amazed if he ever gains 1k rushing yards in a Bills uniform, whether anyone likes me saying it or not.

You sound like me about 15 months ago. In the Bills front office we trust. They're due!!

- - - Updated - - -

Another dumb move by the FO. Extending a multimillion dollar contract to a running back on the back end of his career because he didn't want to come here. I wish Pegula would become an educated fan, or an astute owner because he's neither. Whaley and Brandon are imbeciles.
I seriously think we should all find another team. Endless stupidity.
nailed it

HHURRICANE
06-08-2016, 10:21 PM
RB are a waste of money. Carlos Williams was more productive with little cost.
We have a RB and WR who isn't worth a **** and people wonder why we suck.

The same crappy GM drafted the RB you love.

Just saying.

TacklingDummy
06-09-2016, 07:04 AM
The same crappy GM drafted the RB you love.

Just saying.
Not sure what RB you are referring to.
I don't love any RB.
Draft a new one in the 4th round every year and use him.
RBs don't matter, QBs do.

trapezeus
06-09-2016, 08:10 AM
carlos Williams is on the team? I think its spelled Karlos.

it would be interesting to know how much cap room the bills get next year if they cut shady next year. I wouldn't count him out just as of yet, but its unlikely that he'll regain the form that made his name. I think the worst part of last year was watching gillislee have success simply by following the play. he hit the hole and picked up big yards. karlos did the same thing. if this year is more of the same and he has a lot of nagging injuries and doesn't stand out as an important part that teams plan for specifically when they play us, his value is minimal.

on the flip side, if he has a dominant year and puts his injuries and his shady doings behind him, he can really make TT a star.

Ingtar33
06-09-2016, 08:14 AM

yes, because vets don't have a million and one reasons and excuses to skip offseason workouts. Heck, I don't think Bruce Smith even went to training camp for half his career. If McCoy was a rookie I'd be worried. Lets not push the panic button till we get to the regular season.

IlluminatusUIUC
06-09-2016, 08:21 AM
I'm dead serious about this. I think a lot of this board needs to stop following the Bills for the summer and enjoy the sunshine. A guy misses a practice in June due to a tight hamstring and it turns into a *****fest about him, the GM, and the entire team.

OpIv37
06-09-2016, 09:45 AM
I'm dead serious about this. I think a lot of this board needs to stop following the Bills for the summer and enjoy the sunshine. A guy misses a practice in June due to a tight hamstring and it turns into a *****fest about him, the GM, and the entire team.
Is McCoy missing a practice in June a big deal? Probably not.

But him being here in the first place is. Don't get me wrong- I like him as a player. But RB's have short shelf lives and giving up assets and devoting cap space to one who likely only has a few years left just doesn't make sense in this league. And everyone seems to know it except our FO.

When the organization has been so poorly run for so long, it doesn't take much for the frustration to pour out.

Mace
06-09-2016, 09:45 AM

And I'm dead serious about this. There's a reason people need to jump into threads that annoy them, to classify them as a *****fest, and "helpfully" advise people to enjoy the sunshine. It's the same reason people have the other opinion.

I've been sun browned since early May and have as little issue spending time on what amuses me as you do in taking the precious time to do the same in criticizing it.

So I'd helpfully suggest you spare yourself the aggravation of threads that don't appeal to you, get out there and enjoy the sunshine, lil' buckaroo !

Mace
06-09-2016, 09:48 AM

But him being here in the first place is. Don't get me wrong- I like him as a player. But RB's have short shelf lives and giving up assets and devoting cap space to one who likely only has a few years left just doesn't make sense in this league. And everyone seems to know it except our FO.

When the organization has been so poorly run for so long, it doesn't take much for the frustration to pour out.

Considering he had hamstring issues last season, hamstrings can be chronic conditions, and he has a hamstring issue now, it's significant.

yes, because vets don't have a million and one reasons and excuses to skip offseason workouts. Heck, I don't think Bruce Smith even went to training camp for half his career. If McCoy was a rookie I'd be worried. Lets not push the panic button till we get to the regular season.

Then they can use a million and one other reasons to skip voluntary ota's, yes ?.....like...."I don't want to"......instead of tight hamstrings.

OpIv37
06-09-2016, 09:52 AM
McCoy is no Bruce Smith.

We need to stop comparing the off-season now with the off-seasons for those 90's teams. They didn't have the cap or free agency. They didn't have as many limitations on practices as the current CBA does. They had a stable coaching situation. None of these thing apply to the current team.

Skooby
06-09-2016, 09:58 AM
McCoy is no Bruce Smith.

We need to stop comparing the off-season now with the off-seasons for those 90's teams. They didn't have the cap or free agency. They didn't have as many limitations on practices as the current CBA does. They had a stable coaching situation. None of these thing apply to the current team.

Sans the coaching, it applies to all teams. Every team has these limitations and restrictions, so it's all in play.

OpIv37
06-09-2016, 10:16 AM
Sans the coaching, it applies to all teams. Every team has these limitations and restrictions, so it's all in play.

I never said it didn't. But he wasn't comparing our team to another current team. He was comparing our current team to the legendary 90's teams

Skooby
06-09-2016, 10:35 AM
I never said it didn't. But he wasn't comparing our team to another current team. He was comparing our current team to the legendary 90's teams

Your darkened view approach is understood but every team has the same rules, therefore it's neutral ground.

gebobs
06-09-2016, 10:40 AM
Heck, I don't think Bruce Smith even went to training camp for half his career.

Yeah, well he was Bruce Smith, one of the top players of all time at his position. Shady's not at that level.

Skooby
06-09-2016, 10:42 AM
Yeah, well he was Bruce Smith, one of the top players of all time at his position. Shady's not at that level.

Bruce got his diet in shape and quit cheetos to become a monster, maybe Shady can quit drinking or something to hit his stride.

gebobs
06-09-2016, 10:50 AM
Bruce got his diet in shape and quit cheetos to become a monster, maybe Shady can quit drinking or something to hit his stride.

To late in his career for that. Shady's still young but Philly an the piss out of him when they could. Not many guys can take that kind of work load.

swiper
06-09-2016, 11:04 AM
carlos Williams is on the team? I think its spelled Karlos.

I herd he anwsers to Carlos to.

Oops.

OpIv37
06-09-2016, 11:07 AM
Your darkened view approach is understood but every team has the same rules, therefore it's neutral ground.

First, I'm not sure why you're arguing with me. I agreed that it's neutral ground NOW. But it's still impossible to compare the current team's preseason to the 90's teams' preseasons.

Second, all teams have the same opportunities and limitations under the CBA. But it's only truly neutral if all teams and players take equal advantage of those opportunities. And we know that doesn't happen in practice.

Skooby
06-09-2016, 01:05 PM
And we know that doesn't happen in practice.

It depends on who's running the practice but under Rex, no it doesn't. Chip Kelly runs a mean practice.

IlluminatusUIUC
06-09-2016, 01:06 PM
And I'm dead serious about this. There's a reason people need to jump into threads that annoy them, to classify them as a *****fest, and "helpfully" advise people to enjoy the sunshine. It's the same reason people have the other opinion.

I've been sun browned since early May and have as little issue spending time on what amuses me as you do in taking the precious time to do the same in criticizing it.

So I'd helpfully suggest you spare yourself the aggravation of threads that don't appeal to you, get out there and enjoy the sunshine, lil' buckaroo !

I came into the thread to find out about McCoy's injury. Turns out it wasn't significant. It's just boring to read the same complaints hashed out in every thread. I was against the McCoy trade when it happened (check the archives if you wish) and I do not believe in bellcow halfbacks in general. But it also happened over a year ago, so hammering it into the ground every time he so much as misses a practice? Ugh.

OpIv37
06-09-2016, 02:29 PM
I came into the thread to find out about McCoy's injury. Turns out it wasn't significant. It's just boring to read the same complaints hashed out in every thread. I was against the McCoy trade when it happened (check the archives if you wish) and I do not believe in bellcow halfbacks in general. But it also happened over a year ago, so hammering it into the ground every time he so much as misses a practice? Ugh.

It should be hammered into the ground because the people who made the bad decision are still here and the team is still struggling because of their bad decisions. Actions have consequences and as long as the team is feeling the effects of those actions - positive or negative- it's still legitimate discussion for a message board devoted to the team.

Frenchman
06-09-2016, 02:43 PM
Well the 90's are in the past. As it is time to move onto the 2016 season.

DraftBoy
06-09-2016, 03:58 PM
It should be hammered into the ground because the people who made the bad decision are still here and the team is still struggling because of their bad decisions. Actions have
consequences and as long as the team is feeling the effects of those actions.

How has that theory worked out for you and your frustration level over the last decade or so?

swiper
06-09-2016, 04:25 PM
Miller had better learn how to run block like an NFL guard this year.

swiper
06-09-2016, 04:34 PM
And Whaley had better find something better than a cachectic Henderson to play RT. The Bills are in trouble there.

Mace
06-09-2016, 04:40 PM

It's a Bills forum. McCoy is a Bills RB. Had hamstring issues last year, sat out with one now, that's relevant. Caused a roster move (Boom Herron) for now. No one mentioned it, I did. Slow time of the offseason if you have Bills interests, I do.

Hammering it into the ground ? It just happened and was mentioned once, that doesn't even make sense. Ignore it ? Go ahead, doesn't mean it didn't happen does it ?

Posting something relevant to content is just that. Adding my opinion is my right. Giving yours in return is your right. That's all fine.

But if someone wants to complain about something within the context of the forum and "waste" their time, isn't it sillier to waste yours complaining about their complaints ?

McCoy was troubled by his hamstring. He was also last year. I'm wondering if he will this year too. It's that simple. People then gave opinions on the thread topic. There's nothing being hammered into the ground.

Goobylal
06-09-2016, 08:01 PM
McCoy hobbled? Oh no! And the season starts in 3 days!

Oh, wait a minute...

Mace
06-09-2016, 08:42 PM
McCoy hobbled? Oh no! And the season starts in 3 days!

Oh, wait a minute...

Bet me he struggles with his hamstrings again this year ? Oh no, wait a minute !

Ingtar33
06-09-2016, 11:20 PM

this happens on every team, and 9 times out of 10 its a pro bowler or respected vet who takes the spring off.

or would you prefer for mccoy to show up for these nonsensical workouts like he did last year, pull his hammy in the last preseason game and play hobbled all season. I'd rather he make up a cowpie reason for not being there while being 100% during the regular season. If we get to week 1 and McCoy is still hobbled then yes, go nuts. but right now, i'm not even gonna give it 2 seconds of thought.

trapezeus
06-10-2016, 06:56 AM
every year we get warning signs throughout the offseason that we aren't in the same position as other teams and we are told to dismiss them until its September. then the season starts and we fade away by week4 and are already on the ropes of not being a playoff team. and people wonder what happened.

now I agree the injury sounds minor and potentially just to be safe he stayed out. fine. but he was injured last year and if he really does have a tweaked hamstring now, this is the warning sign that he's on the decline from a full workload early in his career.

does that mean he won't have any electrifying runs? no.
does it mean that its hard to believe that he's going to have more 100+ games than not? probably.
does it mean that we should expect him to miss a few games? yep.
could it come at a time most teams rely on their best back to be there? Yep.

I am happy to be wrong, but the way this team has gotten the breaks over the years, we should be looking at things on how they happen 9 out of 10 times and expect that than saying there is a 10% chance its nothing lets go with that because we are due.

OpIv37
06-10-2016, 09:51 AM
this happens on every team, and 9 times out of 10 its a pro bowler or respected vet who takes the spring off.

or would you prefer for mccoy to show up for these nonsensical workouts like he did last year, pull his hammy in the last preseason game and play hobbled all season. I'd rather he make up a cowpie reason for not being there while being 100% during the regular season. If we get to week 1 and McCoy is still hobbled then yes, go nuts. but right now, i'm not even gonna give it 2 seconds of thought.

There is a fine line between working hard enough to know the system and be in game shape in Sept, and pushing yourself to the point of injury.

We don't add new talent, we make excuses for guys who don't practice, but somehow we are supposed to improve. Voodoo spells? Magic beans? Using the Force?

OpIv37
06-10-2016, 09:52 AM
How has that theory worked out for you and your frustration level over the last decade or so?

What theory? The frustration level is what it is- it's not going away until the team starts winning.

swiper
06-10-2016, 11:17 AM

LOL @ more complaining about complainers on a message board. It looks so asinine.

Goobylal
06-10-2016, 03:27 PM
Bet me he struggles with his hamstrings again this year ? Oh no, wait a minute !

Sorry but I wouldn't make a bet that any player won't struggle with hamstring issues. What about yardage performance?

Night Train
06-10-2016, 06:15 PM
It's the end of the world as we know it..., and I feel fine

Mace
06-10-2016, 07:05 PM
Sorry but I wouldn't make a bet that any player won't struggle with hamstring issues. What about yardage performance?

No sorry, I'm unhappy I said it because I couldn't be pleased over a player being injured anyway after thinking about it. I'm honestly not sure I want to see myself smug (if I'm right) about McCoy being unsuccessful either in terms of a bet, because I don't want him to be unsuccessful, just don't think he will be successful. Let me mull my ethics a short while.

Ingtar33
06-11-2016, 01:13 AM
There is a fine line between working hard enough to know the system and be in game shape in Sept, and pushing yourself to the point of injury.

We don't add new talent, we make excuses for guys who don't practice, but somehow we are supposed to improve. Voodoo spells? Magic beans? Using the Force?

I gave up on this season when i saw the schedule and our free agency activity.

We aren't making the playoffs (again)

YardRat
06-11-2016, 03:41 AM
Here's the thing...neither the team nor any individual player on it has earned the benefit of the doubt to 'take off' any minicamp or training camp. They haven't made the playoffs this century and there isn't an individual that carries the status or cred of a Bruce Smith, Jim Kelly, Thurman Thomas, Andre Reed or even Steve Tasker. If McCoy is truly 'hobbled', than yes, it should be a concern especially if it's a hamstring again. If he isn't, there are other ways to 'conserve' his participation in drills, etc, without throwing out a 'he's hobbled' rationalization.

Arm of Harm
06-11-2016, 08:24 PM
Here's the thing...neither the team nor any individual player on it has earned the benefit of the doubt to 'take off' any minicamp or training camp. They haven't made the playoffs this century and there isn't an individual that carries the status or cred of a Bruce Smith, Jim Kelly, Thurman Thomas, Andre Reed or even Steve Tasker. If McCoy is truly 'hobbled', than yes, it should be a concern especially if it's a hamstring again. If he isn't, there are other ways to 'conserve' his participation in drills, etc, without throwing out a 'he's hobbled' rationalization.

One of the highest-grossing films of 2016 is X-Men: Apocalypse. In that movie, the beautiful 20-year-old English actress Sophie Turner (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sophie_Turner_%28actress%29) played the role of Jean Grey.

Sophie Turner hadn't even been born the last time the Bills won a playoff game.

Goobylal
06-11-2016, 09:20 PM
No sorry, I'm unhappy I said it because I couldn't be pleased over a player being injured anyway after thinking about it. I'm honestly not sure I want to see myself smug (if I'm right) about McCoy being unsuccessful either in terms of a bet, because I don't want him to be unsuccessful, just don't think he will be successful. Let me mull my ethics a short while.

I see what you're saying. You think he'll be unsuccessful, but hope to heck he isn't. I can live with that.