PDA

View Full Version : I firmly believe Rex will be fired...

ublinkwescore
06-11-2016, 11:55 AM
Because he kept Dennis Thurman when he could have kept Schwartz or grabbed Mike Pettine back. Dennis Thurman is a moron.

Night Train
06-11-2016, 02:50 PM
Sunshine sucks.

YardRat
06-11-2016, 02:55 PM
Dennis Thurman is a moron.

Well, he has been getting trained by one of the best.

SpikedLemonade
06-11-2016, 04:24 PM
I hope so but I don't see it until the end of the 2018 season when he only has one year left on his contract.

Whaley is gone after this year.

Rex will throw Whaley under the bus after this year.

swiper
06-11-2016, 05:07 PM
We are officially in the dog & pony show years of the Buffalo Bills.

coastal
06-13-2016, 07:13 AM
We are officially in the dog & pony show years of the Buffalo Bills.
the creation is called Brandon's Bills.

justasportsfan
06-13-2016, 08:20 AM
He will have no excuses after he brought in his brother.

Skooby
06-13-2016, 08:39 AM
It's playoffs or toast.

Pinkerton Security
06-13-2016, 08:50 AM
He should have tried to bring back Pettine, but as much as Schwartz did a good job here, he doesnt run the same system as Rex so that wasnt an option.

trapezeus
06-13-2016, 09:13 AM
I think it should be his last year here if they don't win. but i'll also say this, if they fire him in the typical bills fashion and have the Brandon committee put the hiring together, nothing changes and it isn't worth firing him. if the bills and pegulas are serious about winning and can let Brandon go (not just moving him to a different part of pegula sports), I would be willing to support an 0-16 team with the belief of optimism than watching these perpetual 7-9 to 9-7 seasons.

Victor7
06-13-2016, 09:22 AM
Because he kept Dennis Thurman when he could have kept Schwartz or grabbed Mike Pettine back. Dennis Thurman is a moron.

If you really think Dennis Thurman is the one responsible for our defensive fiasco last year I don't know what to tell you. He's just the guy with the title but believe me this defense is all Rex.

I do agree he should've kept Schwartz though. But Rex letting him go it kinda backs up the point I made before. Rex wasn't going to step back and let JS run the D. That's what Rex does.

Mace
06-13-2016, 06:15 PM
if the bills and pegulas are serious about winning and can let Brandon go (not just moving him to a different part of pegula sports)

No way Brandon is going anywhere. Best anyone can hope for is that they'll disempower him in relation to the football side and empower a real football guy with team control. Don't have a good feeling about that, Brandon is a gladhanding oily schmoozer with a line of baloney from here to Timbuktu, who seems to have a solid enough marketing sense to keep himself from losing his desk any time soon.

I still think Whaley/Ryan get yet another year no matter what. If Ryan goes and the offense was ok, Roman probably gets the inside track and that's a crapshoot as HC, if they hire some football guy with Brandon's, ah, input to oversee, it's a crapshoot, if they fire Whaley and keep Ryan for some reason, the GM they choose with Brandon's, ah, input is a crapshoot, so I'm not really sure I see any of it going anywhere any time soon.

I've decided my best hope of ever experiencing a successful Bills team before my arteries clog, lungs give out from smoking, or the friendly muslim kids in my building slaughter me with scimtars, unfortunately rides upon Whaley/Ryan.

Historian
06-15-2016, 05:18 AM
No way Brandon is going anywhere. Best anyone can hope for is that they'll disembowel him

Fixed!

ghz in pittsburgh
06-15-2016, 07:15 AM
Jeez you guys seriously think Rex and Schwartz can co-exist?

On a side note, Rex's tenure with the Bills could very well be defined by that he got Tyrod Taylor to the Bills.

trapezeus
06-15-2016, 11:21 AM
tyrod not only needs to have a great year, but he needs a healthy year. I hope he can do it, because he is a likable player. but if he's just above average and we miss the playoffs, I don't see how you justify putting $20MM into him. other than to admit you haven't gotten any more back ups to take the reign and didn't finish low enough to get your pick. they may need to franchise him or pay him a lot upfront for 3 year deal so they can continue to find their long term qb in the draft.