PDA

View Full Version : Buscaglia mentions Indy stadium model as one Bills could follow

Mace
06-12-2016, 05:14 PM
From 6/7, but I didn't see it mentioned. Shouldn't get anyones' panties in a bunch over negativity either.

Not only for the retractable roof and the movable window wall for more natural lighting in the stadium, (which would attract more venues outside of the 10 regular season home games per year), but for the relative cost and the overhaul of the city’s convention center.

http://www.wkbw.com/sports/bills/joe-b-new-stadium-model-the-bills-could-follow

The next question is a pretty standard one: How was it paid for?

According to a summary put together by Conventions Sports & Leisure (and posted by CBSMinnesota.com) (https://cbsminnesota.files.wordpress.com/2011/12/nfl-funding-summary-12-2-11.pdf), 86-percent of the $720 million cost was through public funding. That brought on an increase in Marion County hotel tax, county car rental tax, restaurant tax for both the county and six surrounding counties, county admissions tax, and sales of Colts license plates.

Doubt that would fly though.

coastal
06-12-2016, 07:00 PM
Fracking beautiful

OpIv37
06-12-2016, 07:06 PM
First, I take exception to this:

Shad Khan, owner of the Jacksonville Jaguars — a team that some will put in the same discussion as the Bills — was quite plain in his thoughts on the matter. “Just like anything else, to bring the fans, they need a different venue. And they will, I am sure, address it at the right time. You’ve got to have a competitive game-day experience.”

The owner of the JAGUARS is going to lecture us about filling stadiums? They blocked off like 20,000 seats and still had to sell their home games to London because they couldn't sell out.

Second, a few years back we went to Scotland and Ireland. When we were there, I saw a tie for the two most useless things in the world: a sun dial in Scotland and an outdoor clothes line in Ireland. A close second would be a retractable roof in Buffalo. We'll be lucky to get 2 games a year where it's open. Either suck it up and keep it open air or pussy out and put on a permanent roof.

SpikedLemonade
06-12-2016, 07:07 PM
The B.E.R.M is in full stride.

Some day, with luck, Buffalo will be a Cleveland, Detroit or Pittsburgh.

YardRat
06-12-2016, 07:17 PM
The multi-county thingie will never fly in WNY.

Mace
06-12-2016, 07:30 PM
First, I take exception to this:

The owner of the JAGUARS is going to lecture us about filling stadiums? They blocked off like 20,000 seats and still had to sell their home games to London because they couldn't sell out.

Second, a few years back we went to Scotland and Ireland. When we were there, I saw a tie for the two most useless things in the world: a sun dial in Scotland and an outdoor clothes line in Ireland. A close second would be a retractable roof in Buffalo. We'll be lucky to get 2 games a year where it's open. Either suck it up and keep it open air or pussy out and put on a permanent roof.

Well yeah, I took exception to Khan also, but it seems we're getting less and less winter here, later and later. Stadium itself though is pretty nice it seems, window walls are interesting. Not sure I'd want us to go dome, but I'd defer to the fans that go to games in the winter. Not too sure what we'd build walkways to, either, but I'm not too sure either if say, you built a stadium downtown it couldn't mesh with Harbor Center and surroundings.