PDA

View Full Version : Buscaglia : 1st day of mini camp, 7 observations

Mace
06-14-2016, 07:28 PM
Good stuff about Tyrod though it's obviously early.

http://www.wkbw.com/sports/bills/joe-b-7-observations-from-day-1-of-2016-bills-minicamp

k-oneputt
06-14-2016, 08:01 PM
Good thing TT has that hoodie thing going, you never know when a cold front is coming in.

Whaley you had better get a backup qb in here who can somewhat play .

Mace
06-14-2016, 08:16 PM
Good thing TT has that hoodie thing going, you never know when a cold front is coming in.

Whaley you had better get a backup qb in here who can somewhat play .

Not sure where you got that from. Zipping the ball into tight windows, and working the middle of the field early in camp is a good thing. Some players dork off, he seems intent. Hoodies are just sweat clothes. You see a lot of players wearing them early, and it's not that hot here anyway, to sweat off offseason weight they feel they don't need.

Topas
06-15-2016, 02:33 AM
Darth Bellicheck wears a hoodie. So hoodie means winning ...

or the hoodie was an evil ploy by the Bills so that the media cannot see the name of Taylor and note down if he completed a ball or not.

And being the Bills, they forgot that one can identify Taylor also via his jersey number ... :D

swiper
06-15-2016, 04:44 AM
http://www.wgr550.com/Tuesday-minicamp-Lewis-Gillislee-impress-intensity/22777917

Dez Lewis continues to impress at wide receiver. With Sammy Watkins out, Lewis and Leonard Hankers both got most of the opportunities as the number-two and three WRs behind Robert Woods, and both had very productive days. It looks to me like they are emerging as the favorites for those spots headed into training camp. Greg Salas was the primary slot receiver and Kolby Listenbee also got a few looks with the first unit.

With McCoy and Williams out, Mike Gillislee saw plenty of action at tailback and showed the same discipline on the power sweep runs he did last year that led to multiple long touchdowns. He’s really the right fit for Greg Roman’s offense given his skill set.

ghz in pittsburgh
06-15-2016, 07:08 AM
Take this with a grain of salt BUT I would say the best positive news for the Bills since ... Edwards when SI or somebody reported no ball hit ground (or something like that).

Things will change and Edwards was, indeed, figured out by the league soon after that, which is why the Bills don't commit the gamble with Tyrod like they did with Fitz, yet. But at least they have some consistent competent play from the most important position in camps. And Yes, that's how low the bar is for the Bills in terms of Quarterbacks (Fitz was never a practice QB, just more cerebral and guts on game days).

ghz in pittsburgh
06-15-2016, 12:47 PM
More proof from TBN - http://bills.buffalonews.com/2016/06/15/bills-qb-coach-taylor-eyes-right-place-time/

Skooby
06-15-2016, 01:25 PM
I mentioned this before, TT is a pro-bowl QB and will get better (health willing). You watch what we do on offense this year, including rushing. The teams we play will not be able to stop us all the time, we will kill them short / medium / long. If we can get the D back in order, watch out league.

sudzy
06-15-2016, 02:37 PM
If Taylor gets hurt, the season is over. There has to be a better option as a backup QB.

Skooby
06-15-2016, 02:56 PM
If Taylor gets hurt, the season is over. There has to be a better option as a backup QB.

I agree 100% without even a shadow of a debate available that this correct, so you think the management / coaches / powers that be is going to leave this gaping hole open without filling it somehow ?? We have nothing, literally nothing behind TT. EJ is a total loser and Cardale could maybe run (just run) during a play. So who really thinks everyone there doesn't know this ??

Plan on having a Vet back-up sooner than later, goodbye EJ.

Mr. Cynical
06-17-2016, 07:03 PM
"Backup EJ Manuel continued to have problems hitting deep targets in stride, either overthrowing it by quite a bit, or under throwing it to the point where the receiver had to slow down — which then allowed the defensive back to get back into the play."

SMDH. If there were *any* doubts at all left about him, this just seals it. Seriously, get rid of him. Who cares about his guaranteed salary. He's *hurting* the team by being there, since we all know TT is going to go down at some point, and EJ simply sucks donkey nads. Honestly, there has to be a vet laying around. Somewhere. Anywhere.

trapezeus
06-17-2016, 07:47 PM
So we can't bring up any of the June negatives but can rely on the June glory?

Mace
06-17-2016, 07:53 PM
So we can't bring up any of the June negatives but can rely on the June glory?

By all means bring up anything. I think they damaged their coverage with the media policy because I feel like I'm reading way less about everything than I was last year, and I love reading about this stuff at this point in the year.

YardRat
06-18-2016, 04:41 AM
We need EJ on the roster to take advantage of his situational specialty when circumstances dictate. Best hard count on the team, IMO.

IlluminatusUIUC
06-18-2016, 08:55 AM
I'm intrigued by Dez Lewis' showing. For a deep ball offense and QB, having someone with height is definitely helpful. I hope he can improve at some contested catches.