PDA

View Full Version : Positive article on Taylor's eyes

Mace
06-15-2016, 06:26 PM
Via the use of helmet cams. Interesting tools.

How does he know? After practice, Taylor and Lee review video of what the secondary looked like from Taylor's perspective. Additionally, Taylor goes into a separate room wearing a pair of goggles that provide a 360-degree view, so he can see everything that was going on around him as well as in front of him.

http://bills.buffalonews.com/2016/06/15/bills-qb-coach-taylor-eyes-right-place-time/

feldspar
06-15-2016, 06:34 PM
Plus, his eyes are...well, they are beautiful...almost dreamy.

YardRat
06-15-2016, 06:45 PM
That's the tech they were talking about last off season, right?

Mace
06-15-2016, 07:09 PM
That's the tech they were talking about last off season, right?

Yes, never gave it much thought though until I saw it mentioned again. Has to be remarkable footage.

(he drops back, looks left, looks right, looks left again and fires a laser....play over....looks at a Lee talking to him, looks at the trees, up at the sky, back at the trees, back at Lee still talking to him, looks over at the parking lot, back at Lee, down at his feet, back at the parking lot.....)

WagonCircler
06-15-2016, 07:32 PM
I've been wondering when they'd finally get around to using this.

Mr. Miyagi
06-15-2016, 07:35 PM
As opposed to EJ Manuel's "slow eyes".

Mace
06-15-2016, 07:41 PM
I just wish I was sold on Wildcat Lee as a QB coach. Some teams are really going to make a great use of this, just not so sure we're one of them. Peyton Manning could probably make money going to practice with teams then sell his footage.

Maybe I'm wrong about Lee. Have a better feeling about Taylor learning from it than I do about Taylor staying healthy. Interesting tool.

YardRat
06-15-2016, 07:44 PM
I just wish I was sold on Wildcat Lee as a QB coach. Some teams are really going to make a great use of this, just not so sure we're one of them. Peyton Manning could probably make money going to practice with teams then sell his footage.

Maybe I'm wrong about Lee. Have a better feeling about Taylor learning from it than I do about Taylor staying healthy. Interesting tool.

The faulty assumption is that Lee himself knows what Taylor is supposed to be looking at and is qualified to accurately pass judgement on Taylor's performance.

Mace
06-15-2016, 07:53 PM
The faulty assumption is that Lee himself knows what Taylor is supposed to be looking at and is qualified to accurately pass judgement on Taylor's performance.

I know. I was just looking through Lee's list of pro QB's to confirm it. Declining Bledsoe in Dallas, earliest Romo, booted. In Miami, ending Pennington, young Henne, booted. 2012 Buffalo, Fitzpatrick, Jets Geno, and here again. None of those were good seasons for the QB's mentioned.

Didn't produce any good QB's out of college either.

Pinkerton Security
06-16-2016, 07:46 AM

Seriously, how long will it take before Peyton is a O-coordinator, QB coach or even head coach?

IlluminatusUIUC
06-16-2016, 09:49 AM
Seriously, how long will it take before Peyton is a O-coordinator, QB coach or even head coach?

He basically was an offensive coordinator for most of his career.

Albany,n.y.
06-16-2016, 10:13 AM

If his family wants him home & around then he probably will never go into coaching. If he's bored & they want him out of their hair, he could be coaching in 2017.

Ingtar33
06-17-2016, 02:58 PM

I could see him settling in at the college level. at that level you get to be god. NFL coaching is about being hired by your next ex-football team. you get hired to be fired in the NFL. But in college, if your even moderately successful in a big conference, you'll be there for life.

trapezeus
06-17-2016, 07:46 PM
Manning is a natural tv personality. He could really change the dynamic as a good color guy who is funny to boot

YardRat
06-18-2016, 04:44 AM
I can't see Manning going into coaching, it's too many hours and he certainly doesn't need the paycheck. A nice TV spot that keeps him home with the family for most of the week, and maybe a few gigs as a QB consultant here and there just to keep him 'in the game' a little bit if he really misses it, but that's about it.

tomz
06-18-2016, 06:39 AM
Yes, never gave it much thought though until I saw it mentioned again. Has to be remarkable footage.

(he drops back, looks left, looks right, looks left again and fires a laser....play over....looks at a Lee talking to him, looks at the trees, up at the sky, back at the trees, back at Lee still talking to him, looks over at the parking lot, back at Lee, down at his feet, back at the parking lot.....)

How long will it be before the Pats hack the system and tap into the video streams?

Mace
06-18-2016, 04:10 PM
How long will it be before the Pats hack the system and tap into the video streams?

Probably before it was even finished being implemented.

IlluminatusUIUC
06-22-2016, 01:20 PM
I can't see Manning going into coaching, it's too many hours and he certainly doesn't need the paycheck. A nice TV spot that keeps him home with the family for most of the week, and maybe a few gigs as a QB consultant here and there just to keep him 'in the game' a little bit if he really misses it, but that's about it.

If there's one thing you can say about Manning, it's that he doesn't shy away from long hours. I think he goes into coaching specify because he's so competitive.

Night Train
06-22-2016, 04:52 PM
He's steamy and mesmerizing.

http://g01.a.alicdn.com/kf/HTB1J1GcIXXXXXbPXpXXq6xXFXXXq/Nueva-Sexy-Eyes-cita-Wall-Art-Stickers-extraíble-sala-DIY-pegatinas-decoración-del-hogar-decoraciones-de.jpg

Mace
06-22-2016, 05:21 PM
Dunno. He reminds me of Don Cheadle's homicidal Rocket in the movie Colors. Could be a good thing.

http://www.imfdb.org/images/thumb/9/95/Vlcsnap-413695.jpg/601px-Vlcsnap-413695.jpg

Night Train
06-22-2016, 06:57 PM
Manuels' eyes

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/pictures/2012/8/30/1346348045256/Im-no-better-than-the-nex-011.jpg

gebobs
06-23-2016, 05:21 AM
Going gaga over Taylor's eyes is vaguely reminiscent of all the hoopla, especially around here, for Trent's "pocket presence".

mdcas22
06-26-2016, 09:29 AM
this camera thing is all bull, 1st off a camera attached to a helmet doe's not imitate a pair of eyes, your head might be aiming right but your eyes looking left, just another way to get people all hyped up over nothing, the only way TT is any better is after 2016 reg season games against real opponents not camera's on a helmet during work outs. which ever way you turn you head thats the way the camera will show, good QB's look one way while they're eyes look in another direction. thats called looking a defender off.

Mace
06-26-2016, 08:08 PM
this camera thing is all bull, 1st off a camera attached to a helmet doe's not imitate a pair of eyes, your head might be aiming right but your eyes looking left, just another way to get people all hyped up over nothing, the only way TT is any better is after 2016 reg season games against real opponents not camera's on a helmet during work outs. which ever way you turn you head thats the way the camera will show, good QB's look one way while they're eyes look in another direction. thats called looking a defender off.

Maybe it's wired right into their eyeballs with big needles, bet you never considered that, did you ?

Seriously, even if their eyes are looking another way, their eyes are limited as to how far they can be looking by their eyesockets and the helmet. I'm not sure what camera you're thinking of that can't capture the view unless they stopped making it in the 1950's. Taylor can't look farther to one side than his head and helmet can manage, though throwing that far in a direction without facing it would make him a most awesome QB indeedy.

mdcas22
06-28-2016, 06:17 PM
Maybe it's wired right into their eyeballs with big needles, bet you never considered that, did you ?

Seriously, even if their eyes are looking another way, their eyes are limited as to how far they can be looking by their eyesockets and the helmet. I'm not sure what camera you're thinking of that can't capture the view unless they stopped making it in the 1950's. Taylor can't look farther to one side than his head and helmet can manage, though throwing that far in a direction without facing it would make him a most awesome QB indeedy.

what I'm saying is if he is looking at the right side of the field yet his helmet might be straight so the camera view would be looking at the goal post, no way a coach can see through a camera as what real eyes will do unless they do inject them into the eye ball as you stated.

Joe Fo Sho
06-28-2016, 07:36 PM
what I'm saying is if he is looking at the right side of the field yet his helmet might be straight so the camera view would be looking at the goal post, no way a coach can see through a camera as what real eyes will do unless they do inject them into the eye ball as you stated.

It is possible that the coach actually understands how a camera works though, right?

Maybe the video shows the QB looking off the safety likes he's supposed to, or maybe it shows the QB going through his progressions like the specific play calls for. Maybe it shows him looking at the proper defensive alignment pre-snap. Maybe the camera will point out that when he scrambles, he's not keeping an eye out for open receivers and gives up on the play too soon. Maybe he's aggressively taking a peek at his urinal neighbor and Rex wants to point out the proper men's room etiquette.

Just seems like there's a lot more to it than knowing exactly where the QB's eyes are looking.

Mace
06-30-2016, 07:32 PM

That's sort of why they review the tape with Taylor though, so he can tell them what he was looking at with the film in front of him. He's kind of a part of the process with the coaches.