• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • swiper
    Legendary Zoner
    • Sep 2010

Rex Ryan: We won the offseason

Ryan said he’s been “blown away” by how much further along the team is after working together for the last couple of months and wishes that they could just fast forward right to training camp. The coach also awarded the team a mythical championship for their efforts.

“I can’t wait to get the season started,” Ryan said, via the Buffalo News. “I’m just telling you right now: forget the vacation. I wish it was shorter. And I mean it. I’m excited about this team. Obviously a lot of things have to happen and we’re a month or so away. I told our players today to ‘Win July.’ We’ve won the offseason. I would challenge any team. I think we’ve won the offseason. But we need to win July. That’s when everybody is by themselves, on their own but doing the things to be in great shape when we get to camp, let’s avoid those injuries we had last year. I think we’re committed as a group. That ‘All In’ mantra, I know it gets used a bunch but I feel it’s appropriate for our team.”
    You may want to hold onto your hats for this one because, believe it or not, Rex Ryan closed out the Bills' offseason program with some big words about where the team stands a few months before the start of the season.

Even the buffoon, aka Ralph Wilson, would not have saddled the team with such a buffoon. The Bills took a step backwards in ownership.
  • sudzy
    • Apr 2013

Re: Rex Ryan: We won the offseason

Hooray! We won the offseason. That's all that matters. Let's take the rest of the season off and focus on defending our title again next year.

Comment

• feldspar
      • Mar 2007

Who cares what anybody says?

This is neither positive nor negative IMO. I don't see it affecting anything. If it gets players fired up, so be it. If it puts another target on Ryan in the media, so what? That's nothing new. I just don't see how talk means anything either way. Whatever is going to happen will happen, regardless. Regardless of what is said by anybody.

Go change your wet diaper or whatever...it means nothing. Do you really think stuff like this means anything to anybody who is involved in the games that are played? The other team is always the enemy on game-day anyways...let anybody get angry. Won't matter or change outcomes.
      Last edited by feldspar; 06-16-2016, 04:48 PM.

Comment

• Swiper
        Legendary Zoner
        • Sep 2010

feldspar proves to be a rock again.

Comment

• feldspar
          • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Swiper View Post
          feldspar proves to be a rock again.
          How so?

Comment

• Night Train
            Retired - On Several Levels
            • Jul 2005

Our record during the off-season ? Still 0-0.

Until I see Fisher camp and pre-season play out, I don't care about the emotional roller coaster with every story until August.

Go Bills.
            Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Homegrown
              Havin' a ball ... rollin' to the bottom
              • Jul 2008

We're number 1 !!!

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                Unreachable Douche
                • Jul 2002

Anyone know where I can get the T Shirt and hat?

Can't believe we finally did it.

Comment

• OpIv37
                  Acid Douching Asswipe
                  • Sep 2002

Is this quote from a year ago?

We did basically nothing this off-season. Even our #1 draft pick isn't going to be ready when the season starts.
                  MiKiDo Facebook
                  MiKiDo Website

Comment

• YardRat
                    Well, lookie here...
                    • Dec 2004

So where can we hang the banner?

YardRat Wall of Fame
                    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Scumbag College
                      • Oct 2002

Rex's pressers are half Word Salads, half sales pitch for a 1997 Toyota Corolla.

At least he's somewhat entertaining during a boring time of year.
                      Remember Kevin Everett in your thoughts.

Vote Nader in 2008!

http://www.votenader.org/

Comment

• Mace
                        Haha...yeah you think so ?
                        • Mar 2013

Originally posted by Scumbag College View Post
                        Rex's pressers are half Word Salads, half sales pitch for a 1997 Toyota Corolla.

At least he's somewhat entertaining during a boring time of year.
                        It's just my opinion, but I wish he'd just shut up and say simple things like, "We're working hard with what we have, we believe we have what we need, and we think we're all going to have fun getting somewhere together this year."

Comment

• feldspar
                          • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Mace View Post
                          I wish he'd just shut up and say...
                          You just wish he'd shut up AND say something? Simultaneously?

The guy is just expressing enthusiasm for his team...that's all that is. Take the sound byte and do whatever you want with it, and it won't matter this way or the other. Just part of his nature and personality...not worth the venom projected upon it, certainly not by his own fan-base.

Watch the actual press conference, which is available on the Bills website. I watched it, and it didn't seem all that outrageous to me. Doesn't make any difference whether he said this or that. He's excited about the team, and that's a bad thing? Or is it just a bad thing that he expresses that excitement or enthusiasm? Maybe he forgot that the Bills are a bunch of losers?

Again, it means nothing either way IMO. What matters is results, and we'll see about that.
                          Last edited by feldspar; 06-16-2016, 07:20 PM.

Comment

• Mace
                            Haha...yeah you think so ?
                            • Mar 2013

Originally posted by feldspar View Post
                            You just wish he'd shut up AND say something? Simultaneously?
                            Yes. Sign language, signboards, handwritten text on big pieces of paper.

Didn't think of those when you were assaulting my sentence now did you Mr. Sentence-Assaulting guy ? I paid no attention to the rest of the post after you missed the implications of my intellectually nuanced, complex thought.

Comment

• feldspar
                              • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Mace View Post
                              Yes. Sign language, signboards, handwritten text on big pieces of paper.

Didn't think of those when you were assaulting my sentence now did you Mr. Sentence-Assaulting guy ? I paid no attention to the rest of the post after you missed the implications of my intellectually nuanced, complex thought.
                              Maybe the rest of your sentence (apart from that which I assaulted) was above my head, Mace...then again, maybe not. Didn't mean to assault your sentence...or, then again, maybe I did.

But it wouldn't bother me if Rex said that he was going to break into my house unannounced in order to sit on my lap for the evening. It would mean about as much as these other things that people enjoy working themselves into a frenzy about.

Let's see how many people that will assault MY sentences now. They are all probably lined up mentally to do that, but most can't think of something funny enough to reply...then again, probably not.
                              Last edited by feldspar; 06-16-2016, 07:44 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X