PDA

View Full Version : 5 positives of this Bills team

YardRat
06-17-2016, 04:58 AM
A nod to feldspooge for the thread premise.

Name 5 positive aspects about the 2016 Buffalo Bills...

Topas
06-17-2016, 07:30 AM
Bad enough to get Rex fired.
Sorry, I cannot think of more currently.
Ok. I try:
Tyrods eyes
Shaq's healthy other shoulder
Rob's Hair
The high draft pick in 2017

Ed
06-17-2016, 07:41 AM
1. Franchise QB
2. Winning season
3. First playoff appearance since 1999
4. AFC East champs
5. Superbowl!

TacklingDummy
06-17-2016, 07:54 AM
0-0
Not eliminated from the playoffs yet
I'm not dead yet, Super Bowl title in my lifetime still possible
Shady, Shaq, Watkins already in midseason form (injured)
Dareus: Due for a sack, been 200 days since his last one. Nice $100 Million Investment.

Historian
06-17-2016, 08:11 AM
1. The NFL has yet to close this site down.
2. My tickets are all paid for.
3. The doughnuts Lecter brings to tailgates.
4. The OJ thing is almost over.
5. Kim Pegula has a nice ass.

OpIv37
06-17-2016, 08:26 AM
I'm surprised no one mentioned the absolute best thing about this team: even without Mario, our collection of Williamseseses is #1 in the league.

justasportsfan
06-17-2016, 08:31 AM
Owner with deep pockets
Staying in Buffalo
Has talent in several areas.
0-0
2nd year under Roman.

Victor7
06-17-2016, 09:35 AM
0-0
Not eliminated from the playoffs yet
I'm not dead yet, Super Bowl title in my lifetime still possible
Shady, Shaq, Watkins already in midseason form (injured)
Dareus: Due for a sack, been 200 days since his last one. Nice $100 Million Investment.

Not so sure about that one. Even without Brady until proven otherwise we are already 0-2 as it is every year.

Generalissimus Gibby
06-17-2016, 09:39 AM
We had a good draft
Our QB situation appears to be stable, not perfect but stable
Our D can only be better than last year
We are still mathematically alive for the playoffs
Mrs. Pegula is HOT!

OpIv37
06-17-2016, 09:46 AM
Owner with deep pockets
Staying in Buffalo
Has talent in several areas.
0-0
2nd year under Roman.

I get really tired of this "2nd year" crap. Sure, players and units within the team can improve from one season to the next, but in the history of this website, it has never once been enough of an improvement to create wins. Yet, people keep saying it every single off-season. The only thing I can think of is that it's a way of mind-****ing oneself to believe that a unit that didn't add talent can magically be better.

Bill Cody
06-17-2016, 10:00 AM
Rex's wife has nice feet I'm told
We won the offseason
We might play NE without Brady
That cancer Mario is off the team
When we get Shaq back after he returns from the PUP this D has the potential to be nearly as good as before Rex got here

cookie G
06-17-2016, 10:07 AM
The thread needs more of a tone like the old Genny Light commercials.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/h5QmXWb848w" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Reasons to Love the Bills...or something

Scumbag College
06-17-2016, 12:03 PM
1. The other 31 teams are filled with filthy creeps.
2. Cool uniforms and helmets.
3. Pissing and moaning on BZ 12 months a year distracts me from work.
4. McLovin and Boobie are finally off the team.
5. The Jest are dying for Fitz to come back, or else Glass Joe is their starting QB. So it could be worse.

feldspar
06-17-2016, 12:21 PM
I get really tired of this "2nd year" crap. Sure, players and units within the team can improve from one season to the next, but in the history of this website, it has never once been enough of an improvement to create wins. Yet, people keep saying it every single off-season. The only thing I can think of is that it's a way of mind-****ing oneself to believe that a unit that didn't add talent can magically be better.

So this isn't off-topic anymore, is it, Bubba?

Maybe now you can be allowed to answer the question without the thread being derailed, you old conscientious son-of-gun.

Name five positives of this team. Could be anything at all. No need to be sarcastic or have footnotes...

I'll help you out with one to get started.

The run game. The run game is a positive thing, is it not? No need to say " that's not enough to get us over the hump" or anything of that nature. If the run game is good, then it's good. That's the idea we're shooting for, and that's all Jesus asks of you.

OpIv37
06-17-2016, 12:35 PM
So this isn't off-topic anymore, is it, Bubba?

Maybe now you can be allowed to answer the question without the thread being derailed, you old contentious son-of-gun.

Name five positives of this team. No need to be sarcastic or have footnotes...

I'll help you out with one to get started.

The run game. The run game is a positive thing, is it not? No need to say " that's not enough to get us over the hump" or anything of that nature. If the run game is good, then it's good. That's the idea we're shooting for, and that's all Jesus asks of you.
He commented on something he thought was a positive- I stated why I disagreed. So yeah, it's on topic.

I'm not going to go out of my way to look for positives just like I don't go out of my way to look for negatives. I simply comment on what's there. When the team is as bad as it is, there are going to be more negatives than positives and the negatives are what defines the team. Hence, that's what gets discussed. People like you can't seem to grasp this. Yeah, the negatives can be draining at times, but reality is what it is. Finding a few positives and discussing them doesn't change results on the field.

Yeah, we had a good running game last year. If our backs and OL's stay healthy, we will likely have a good running game this year. But if our passing game is just ok and our D is Swiss cheese again, then the running game won't matter. I was at the game last year in DC where we rushed for 200 yards against the Skins and still lost. If we ran for -4 yards, the results would have been the same. And it was hard to even enjoy it because we spotted them such a huge early lead that all the rushing did was whittle away an insurmountable lead.

feldspar
06-17-2016, 12:40 PM
He commented on something he thought was a positive- I stated why I disagreed. So yeah, it's on topic.

I'm not going to go out of my way to look for positives just like I don't go out of my way to look for negatives. I simply comment on what's there. When the team is as bad as it is, there are going to be more negatives than positives and the negatives are what defines the team. Hence, that's what gets discussed. People like you can't seem to grasp this. Yeah, the negatives can be draining at times, but reality is what it is. Finding a few positives and discussing them doesn't change results on the field.

Yeah, we had a good running game last year. If our backs and OL's stay healthy, we will likely have a good running game this year. But if our passing game is just ok and our D is Swiss cheese again, then the running game won't matter. I was at the game last year in DC where we rushed for 200 yards against the Skins and still lost. If we ran for -4 yards, the results would have been the same. And it was hard to even enjoy it because we spotted them such a huge early lead that all the rushing did was whittle away an insurmountable lead.

Cop out.

bleve
06-17-2016, 12:47 PM
Marquis Goodwin has a record for the long jump
We have a pretty good punter, and he’s from UC Davis
We don’t have to play Kansas City this year
Women and Children’s Hospital is the new sponsor
And…
We won the offseason

Arm of Harm
06-17-2016, 12:59 PM
Positives:

- The Bills' offensive coaching is much better under Greg Roman than it had been with Marrone
- The Bills' running game is head-and-shoulders better under this coaching staff than it had been under Marrone. The Bills' offensive coordinator is clearly convinced the Roman Empire had been built by running the ball.
- Sammy Watkins should be a good football player for many years to come.
- Cordy Glenn was Buddy Nix's best draft pick. And we just extended Glenn.
- Pegula isn't afraid to spend money, if by doing so he can make the team better.

jimmifli
06-17-2016, 01:24 PM
I think the best thing is that we just won the Stanley Cup.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ClCEa5AWAAARCRN.jpg

justasportsfan
06-17-2016, 02:03 PM
"Name 5 positive aspects about the 2016 Buffalo Bills" what else is there to say in comparison to 2015? The offense was a better unit that the D last year.

Would you rather I say," yippeee another new system to learn all over again. We should get better learning another new system"?

Oh, wait I remember you crying that we got rid of Pettine after just one year because we had to learn a new system.

Do you ever get tired of arguing and *****ing about yourself?

justasportsfan
06-17-2016, 02:11 PM

"Don't make this about me!!!!"

It is a positive when someone understands a system better in their 2nd year . Did I say it will guarantee more wins? NO! But if you can't grasp what it is 1st year vs 2nd year, you should really refund your college tuition.

OpIv37
06-17-2016, 02:31 PM
"Name 5 positive aspects about the 2016 Buffalo Bills" what else is there to say in comparison to 2015? The offense was a better unit that the D last year.

Would you rather I say," yippeee another new system to learn all over again. We should get better learning another new system"?

Oh, wait I remember you crying that we got rid of Pettine after just one year because we had to learn a new system.

Keeping a coordinator is better than losing one so I guess I can see how it counts as a positive. Still, I don't see it being enough of a positive to lead to more wins.

OpIv37
06-17-2016, 02:41 PM
"Don't make this about me!!!!"

It is a positive when someone understands a system better in their 2nd year . Did I say it will guarantee more wins? NO! But if you can't grasp what it is 1st year vs 2nd year, you should really refund your college tuition.

So, basically your positive is "at least that ****ty thing that happened to our D last year didn't happen to our O this year." Wow, aren't we lucky. Yeah 2nd year may be better than first year, but being better than last year and being good aren't necessarily the same thing. You yourself stopped short of saying it will lead to more wins.

Well, if it doesn't lead to more wins, who gives a ****?

Night Train
06-17-2016, 02:42 PM
1. We haven't lost any games in 2016
2. Taylor should be better
3. D added good players
4. Depth looks good at most positions
5. Message board rants about everything Bills don't mean anything to the team.

justasportsfan
06-17-2016, 03:24 PM
Keeping a coordinator is better than losing one so I guess I can see how it counts as a positive. Still, I don't see it being enough of a positive to lead to more wins.
I never claimed it would guarantee more wins. Continuity leads to better understanding compared to our D thats was confused last year under Rex.

justasportsfan
06-17-2016, 03:33 PM
So, basically your positive is "at least that ****ty thing that happened to our D last year didn't happen to our O this year." Wow, aren't we lucky. Yeah 2nd year may be better than first year, but being better than last year and being good aren't necessarily the same thing. You yourself stopped short of saying it will lead to more wins.

Well, if it doesn't lead to more wins, who gives a ****?

Believe it or not the facts are there. Our O got better than the year before and our D got worse with boths units having new coches and systems.

Who cares? The thread starter. I justvrelied to his thread. You obviyosly give a crap because youre "going out of your way" to reply I mean ***** about what I replied to and continuously " making this about me". :shakeno:

OpIv37
06-17-2016, 03:39 PM
Believe it or not the facts are there. Our O got better than the year before and our D got worse with boths units having new coches and systems.

Who cares? The thread starter. I justvrelied to his thread. You obviyosly give a crap because youre "going out of your way" to reply I mean ***** about what I replied to and continuously " making this about me". :shakeno:
This has nothing to do with me.

Our O got better last year because we added talent, namely Tyrod, Clay, McCoy, Karlos Williams and Incognito. Even Percy Harvin had a couple of good games. This year, we added no one to the O- just some depth.

justasportsfan
06-17-2016, 03:52 PM
This has nothing to do with me.

Our O got better last year because we added talent, namely Tyrod, Clay, McCoy, Karlos Williams and Incognito. Even Percy Harvin had a couple of good games. This year, we added no one to the O- just some depth.

Comon sense states continuity will help. Are you too "daft " to understand that?

OpIv37
06-17-2016, 05:13 PM
Comon sense states continuity will help. Are you too "daft " to understand that?

Just like it's helped soooooooo many times in the past.....

Mace
06-17-2016, 05:39 PM
-Tyrod Taylor shows some healthy promise. Please oh treacherous Fates promise he'll stay healthy.
-Greg Roman's running game work. I get the idea he's a stabilizing presence on the high end of the coaching staff as well.
-Left side of the offensive line, and they kept both of them !
-Personnel upgrade. I can't wait to see Ragland, Shaq when he's healed (I think he'll make people forget the injury down the road), Kolby Listenbee was an excellent catch, I like having Cardale patiently on the pines to see what happens with him, I'm warming up to Kevin Seymour. I'm seeing Adolphus differently after thinking about Night Train pointing out he's not a 2-gap NT, but brings a rushing element. I like the DB depth they brought in with Anderson & Blanton, Douzable, Worthy & Zach Brown were solid depth pickups to compete for roster spots, and Striker could well surprise people.
- Kim Pegula

I can even give 5 more.

- Colton Schmidt
- Rob Ryan. I know that sounds stupid because I don't even like him, but I think adding him here somehow gives Rex's defense the best shot at success it can have.
- Dezmin Lewis seems to be stepping up, and oh wouldn't a 6'4" receiving target be nice in the red zone ?
- FO work. This might seem stupid too, but they impressed me with how they made the most of a bad cap situation, and pulled in quite a few value vet-minimum guys to fill out the roster.
- The Buffalo Bills are safe and secure as the BUFFALO Bills in the hands of an owner who seems delighted to have them.

feldspar
06-19-2016, 12:12 PM

Why bother?

Opie is clearly incapable of saying anything positive or expressing optimism about any aspect of the team (however minute) that he calls himself a fan of, even when promoted to try. He fancies himself a logical Mr. Spock...all you get are empty robotic responses, 78,000 of them. I guess opinions going forward are illogical or something to him.

"The Bills are a bad organization." That's it.

I wonder why anybody would even spend so much time thinking about this team with that attitude. I mean, do those kind of people even plan to enjoy themselves during football season? I plan on having a good time and being entertained for the most part, personally. That's gotta be my #1 positive. If that weren't the case, I wouldn't bother to watch the games or follow the team probably. I can't understand why anyone ever would.

Novacane
06-19-2016, 01:13 PM
I'm not going to go out of my way to look for positives just like I don't go out of my way to look for negatives.

What a crock of ****.

Mouldsie
06-19-2016, 03:29 PM
1) Josh Rosen in 2017 is still a possibility.
2) Rex is reportedly on the hot seat.
3) Pegula learned/eventually gave GMTM full control over the Sabres roster.
4) Tyrod can be a nice bargaining chip before we start our next rebuild.
5) There is a small chance Russ Brandon will be so busy running the business of both teams that he eventually gets his nose out of football operations and dedicates more time to his family.

OpIv37
06-19-2016, 03:45 PM
Why bother?

Opie is clearly incapable of saying anything positive or expressing optimism about any aspect of the team (however minute) that he calls himself a fan of, even when promoted to try. He fancies himself a logical Mr. Spock...all you get are empty robotic responses, 78,000 of them. I guess opinions going forward are illogical or something to him.

"The Bills are a bad organization." That's it.

I wonder why anybody would even spend so much time thinking about this team with that attitude. I mean, do those kind of people even plan to enjoy themselves during football season? I plan on having a good time and being entertained for the most part, personally. That's gotta be my #1 positive. If that weren't the case, I wouldn't bother to watch the games or follow the team probably. I can't understand why anyone ever would.

I go into the football season intending to enjoy it. But hey, we don't always get what we want. Sometimes it rains on the picnic, sometimes your friend gets drunk and ruins what started as a fun night out, sometimes the movie or tv show you are watching sucks, sometimes (usually for us) your football team sucks. Just because something is supposed to be fun doesn't mean it will be. You can sift through the shot and try to find a few positives, but why? It doesn't change the outcome. At the end of the day, we lose more than we win and our guys are playing golf while the teams we hate the most are in the playoffs.

You sit there and complain about my posts, meanwhile all you do is follow me around this board crying that I ever say anything positive. You go to a message board for a team that hasn't made the playoffs in 16 seasons then get upset that people aren't more positive. Get ****ing real.

OpIv37
06-19-2016, 06:45 PM
Let's look at this from another perspective: Let's say the miracle of all miracles happens. The Bills sneak in as a Wild Card, beat the Patriots in NE during the playoffs, and go on to win the SB. It's the greatest Cinderella story in the Super Bowl era- maybe the greatest in major North American sports.

A couple of months after the big win, a poster comes on this board and starts a thread that says "5 negatives about this Bills team" and starts it with the following:

1. NE finished with a better record than us and we still haven't won the division since 1995
2. Tyrod played like a top 10 QB this year but he'll never be a top 5
3. We weren't the best rushing team in 2016 like we were in 2015
4. Jerry Hughes isn't getting as many sacks
5. Russ Brandon is still part of the team
Honorable Mention: we still have no cheerleaders

No one would take that person seriously. The thread would probably get moved to spam, and the poster would definitely get trashed (rightfully so).

But the team didn't win the Super Bowl last year and we're sitting here going "well we're good at RB and we have some consistency on offense for once and even though our owner doesn't seem to know what he's doing, he's like uber-rich and not a cheapskate like the last owner and Tyrod Taylor doesn't completely suck like every other QB we've had for the last 15 years..."

It's literally no different.

Skooby
06-19-2016, 06:47 PM
Let's look at this from another perspective: Let's say the miracle of all miracles happens. The Bills sneak in as a Wild Card, beat the Patriots in NE during the playoffs, and go on to win the SB. It's the greatest Cinderella story in the Super Bowl era- maybe the greatest in major North American sports.

A couple of months after the big win, a poster comes on this board and starts a thread that says "5 negatives about this Bills team" and starts it with the following:

1. NE finished with a better record than us and we still haven't won the division since 1995
2. Tyrod played like a top 10 QB this year but he'll never be a top 5
3. We weren't the best rushing team in 2016 like we were in 2015
4. Jerry Hughes isn't getting as many sacks
5. Russ Brandon is still part of the team
Honorable Mention: we still have no cheerleaders

No one would take that person seriously. The thread would probably get moved to spam, and the poster would definitely get trashed (rightfully so).

But the team didn't win the Super Bowl last year and we're sitting here going "well we're good at RB and we have some consistency on offense for once and even though our owner doesn't seem to know what he's doing, he's like uber-rich and not a cheapskate like the last owner and Tyrod Taylor doesn't completely suck like every other QB we've had for the last 15 years..."

It's literally no different.

You'd find a way to crap on the team even if they served you cheerios at the Bills' Disney championship celebration while eating alligator tail (had to add that in for dominance).

OpIv37
06-19-2016, 06:48 PM
You'd find a way to crap on the team even if they served you cheerios at the Bills' Disney championship celebration while eating alligator tail (had to add that in for dominance).

People say that, but this team hasn't been good in the history of this board, so really no one has any way of knowing.

Mace
06-19-2016, 07:14 PM
Well, it's just a thread for positives. There have to be some things you're happy about or you're just tormenting yourself. Sure, there's always something to be unhappy about, there were things I complained about with the 90's teams. If we had a Super Bowl champ I'd find something to complain about that I felt would make us better. But I mean once in a while you have to indulge yourself in whatever it is makes you happy about the team to give yourself something to hang onto and find joy in as they go, or again, you're just tormenting yourself with a passion that won't ever satisfy you.

A lot to be unhappy about over the years, even now. I'm onboard with that. But like there has to be some positive you find in them or you're just hoping for random chance to rescue it, and that's pretty depressing, even for an old punk rocker like yourself.

I figure there will be plenty of angst come September, best to save it for later and hope it doesn't come, and be happy about some stuff before it probably will.

mdcas22
06-19-2016, 08:00 PM
#1 nice jerseys

#2 nice helmets

#3 decent stadium

#4 great fans

#5 NFL ticket (direct tv)

OpIv37
06-19-2016, 09:00 PM
Cleveland got a championship before we did.

****ing CLEVELAND. And feldspar wants me to be positive. Wtf?

stuckincincy
06-19-2016, 09:55 PM

The pain, the pain... :sad:

justasportsfan
06-20-2016, 07:29 AM

Rochester won the NBA title in 1951 . True story.

:snicker:

feldspar
06-20-2016, 11:12 AM
And feldspar wants me to be positive.

That is incorrect.

I just wanted to see if you were capable of just saying something like you think a certain player is good, the Bills are good at something in particular, you have optimism that an unknown will become a positive, and any thing along those lines. Seems like you are, indeed, incapable of doing that without trashing the team in the same sentence.

This is amazing to me.

Don't feel singled or special, either. I have a certain rapport with lots of guys here. An exchange of ideas or opinions is what this forum is all about. And your opinions ARE all about you. It's OK to deviate a little from what you think the bottom line is, buddy boy. There ARE POSITIVE particulars, and unknowns that easily pan out. It's OK to point them out if that is the topic.

I'm not all that sure-fire positive myself. Perhaps I'm a little more hopeful than most on this board...I haven't ruled out the playoffs just yet.

trapezeus
06-20-2016, 12:34 PM
i'll try.
1. Seymour can be a diamond in rough if it really was an eye sight issue.
2. I think if we are injury free on the line, we have enough RB's to run a ground and pound game.
3. I hope that TT keeps progressing. he was good, but limited production. he has to stay healthy and he has to take a step forward.
4. if ragland can overcome his knocks on speed, he can qb the d which is desperately needed and a key to maybe turning the d around in a hurry without the need of better talent.
5. ed reed is intriguing. for a team lacking leaders, he is the quintessential guy to help

justasportsfan
06-20-2016, 12:37 PM
This is amazing to me.

Don't feel singled or special, either.

HA! Too late.

Skooby
06-20-2016, 01:50 PM
1.) I woke
2.) Got to stretch in bed
3.) Fell back asleep
4.) Woke up
5.) See step 3

OpIv37
06-20-2016, 04:56 PM
That is incorrect.

I just wanted to see if you were capable of just saying something like you think a certain player is good, the Bills are good at something in particular, you have optimism that an unknown will become a positive, and any thing along those lines. Seems like you are, indeed, incapable of doing that without trashing the team in the same sentence.

This is amazing to me.

Don't feel singled or special, either. I have a certain rapport with lots of guys here. An exchange of ideas or opinions is what this forum is all about. And your opinions ARE all about you. It's OK to deviate a little from what you think the bottom line is, buddy boy. There ARE POSITIVE particulars, and unknowns that easily pan out. It's OK to point them out if that is the topic.

I'm not all that sure-fire positive myself. Perhaps I'm a little more hopeful than most on this board...I haven't ruled out the playoffs just yet.

My comments ALWAYS start off about the team. People like you make it about me then try to turn around and blame me when the discussion becomes about my opinions.

As far as saying positive things, well, my opinion is that the team won't be very good for reasons I've already stated. If I went around pointing out positives while insisting that the team won't be very good, I'd come off as either hypocritical or just plain stupid.

Yeah, there will be some positives. There were positives in our worst seasons. But if they don't lead to wins- and I don't believe our positives will be enough to lead to wins- who cares? There's no partial credit in the standings.

trapezeus
06-21-2016, 07:15 AM
there are possible positives though op. you can put it out there as to what you potentially find intriguing. I agree rex and his regime are a tire fire. but knowing that, I think if Seymour, the ever persistent 7th round pick that we hope is a diamond in the rough, excels because of the eye surgery, he's a cheap replacement for Gilmore which opens money for TT if he plays well and provides a solid secondary. I think ed reed is an exciting pickup. part of me thinks if he was there last year, he would never have let them flounder and complain.

that being said, there are a ton of warts on this team. even positives like TT, we have to see if the sophomore slump comes into play. no buffalo season is complete without one person who was supposed to get better take unprecedented steps backward. I still think you have 1 or2 things that you are interested in seeing during the season

justasportsfan
06-21-2016, 07:37 AM
My comments ALWAYS start off about the team. People like you make it about me then try to turn around and blame me when the discussion becomes about my opinions.

You're full of crap OP. I posted what I thought was positive and you even acknowledged that to a certain degree it was a positive and then went on to make it about me and then cry that people make it about you.You're arguing with yourself again.

- and I don't believe our positives will be enough to lead to wins- who cares? .

Are you really this stupid? People that reply to this thread including you ,care. We all replied. Start your own thread and stop hijacking peoples threads with your whines.

OpIv37
06-21-2016, 09:00 AM
there are possible positives though op. you can put it out there as to what you potentially find intriguing. I agree rex and his regime are a tire fire. but knowing that, I think if Seymour, the ever persistent 7th round pick that we hope is a diamond in the rough, excels because of the eye surgery, he's a cheap replacement for Gilmore which opens money for TT if he plays well and provides a solid secondary. I think ed reed is an exciting pickup. part of me thinks if he was there last year, he would never have let them flounder and complain.

that being said, there are a ton of warts on this team. even positives like TT, we have to see if the sophomore slump comes into play. no buffalo season is complete without one person who was supposed to get better take unprecedented steps backward. I still think you have 1 or2 things that you are interested in seeing during the season

I don't necessarily think something needs to be viewed as a positive to be considered intriguing. Take Tyrod. He could:
1. Regress into a sophomore slump and take the team down with him
2. Play roughly the same while the team improves/rallies around him and we have some success
3. Play roughly the same while the team implodes around him and we end up the same as last year
4. Improve significantly and bring the team up with him.

2 of those possible outcomes are good, two are bad, but they'll all be interesting.

feldspar
06-21-2016, 09:36 AM

As far as saying positive things, well, my opinion is that the team won't be very good for reasons I've already stated. If I went around pointing out positives while insisting that the team won't be very good, I'd come off as either hypocritical or just plain stupid.

Yeah, there will be some positives. There were positives in our worst seasons. But if they don't lead to wins- and I don't believe our positives will be enough to lead to wins- who cares? There's no partial credit in the standings.

Yeah, yeah...blah, blah, blah.

The only the thing I blame you for is willfully refusing to stick to the topic AND ANSWER THE QUESTION POSED. In the other thread, I asked you to name 5 positive things about this team...anything...any aspect, person, or player, including optimism that unknowns could pan put. The question could not be any clearer. In that thread where this question was originally posed, you refused to answer it on the grounds that it was "off topic." We'll,it's no longer off topic in this thread. The topic is clear. Wins and losses are NOT the topic of this here thread...now all you are doing is actively dodging the topic of the thread.

Don't make me explain the topic to you again.

God forbid that somebody should ask another person for their opinion on a message board. What are you worried about? Your reputation? LOL. Stop that nonsense.

trapezeus
06-21-2016, 09:38 AM
I don't necessarily think something needs to be viewed as a positive to be considered intriguing. Take Tyrod. He could:
1. Regress into a sophomore slump and take the team down with him
2. Play roughly the same while the team improves/rallies around him and we have some success
3. Play roughly the same while the team implodes around him and we end up the same as last year
4. Improve significantly and bring the team up with him.

2 of those possible outcomes are good, two are bad, but they'll all be interesting.

your % odds for each category? just curious.

chernobylwraiths
06-21-2016, 10:02 AM
A nod to feldspooge for the thread premise.

Name 5 positive aspects about the 2016 Buffalo Bills...

not reading though whole thread

1. established starting QB for whole offseason
2. O-line comes back practically the same from last season's unit that lead league in rushing (even though misleading)
3. front office seems to want to keep their own talent
4. promising rookie class
5. no injuries in at least two weeks!!!

gebobs
06-21-2016, 11:06 AM
Five positives. Gonna have to dig deep.

1. No quarterback controversy even if that doesn't mean much.
2. OL cohesion...often this is more important than talent.
3. Shaq should be well rested by November.
4. Hoping Ragland will beast not bust.
5. Carpenter will be easily replaced by someone though probably not Morgan.

swiper
06-21-2016, 11:09 AM
1. No quarterback controversy even if that doesn't mean much.

Just takes one thing off the table for the masses to ***** about. That is until he gets hurt and everyone has to watch EJ Manuel running the offense.

Mace
06-21-2016, 05:37 PM
Ok, relax. I went through the thread to help OP out, and past his clenched teeth he painstakingly gave 5 positives.

- Best collection of Williamses, Williams', er Williamsii in the league (post 6)
- If backs and OL stay healthy we'll have a good running game (post 15)
- Keeping a coordinator is better than losing one (post 22)
- Teams improve after a year, 2nd may be better than 1st (posts 10 & 23)
- There will be some positives (post 47)

It was grueling, but we made it.

YardRat
06-21-2016, 05:47 PM
1. A clear starter at QB going into training camp that showed promise last season.
2. A second year of playing together for Glenn, Incognito, Wood and Miller.
3. An offensive coordinator better than Hackett.
4. A young roster full of 'potential'.
5. Some key players locked up contractually (Dareus, Hughes, Glenn)

Mace
06-21-2016, 05:50 PM
1. A clear starter at QB going into training camp that showed promise last season.

Was beginning to wonder when you were going to list yours, Lardie, er Yardie.

OpIv37
06-22-2016, 09:49 AM
1. Regress into a sophomore slump and take the team down with him 10%
2. Play roughly the same while the team improves/rallies around him and we have some success 15%
3. Play roughly the same while the team implodes around him and we end up the same as last year 60%
4. Improve significantly and bring the team up with him. 15%

your % odds for each category? just curious.
I just don't see the talent on D, and the team will lose their cool when they struggle, like last year. Also,maybe OL is screwed if we have even one injury.

Historian
06-23-2016, 07:23 AM
Now that I have Kim Pegula's ass out of the way, I'll do a real one:

1. Tyrod's scrambling ability.
2. Great run game.
3. O line consistency.
4. Good cover corners.
5. Kyle Williams has the heart of a lion.

Topas
06-27-2016, 03:26 AM

The Bills, where having a offfensive coordinator better than Hackett is actually worth mentioning ...

swiper
06-27-2016, 03:31 AM
Hackett was part of a Bills team that went 9-7. Roman has not done that, so how do you figure?

Topas
06-27-2016, 05:42 AM
Hackett was part of a Bills team that went 9-7. Roman has not done that, so how do you figure?

Yeah sure. And Brad Johnson is a better QB than Jim Kelly, because he has more Super Bowl wins. That really makes a lot of sense.
Romans O was top 10, Hacketts O was bottom 5 if I remember correctly.
But well, I guess I just fed the troll...

Mace
06-27-2016, 07:04 PM
Yeah sure. And Brad Johnson is a better QB than Jim Kelly, because he has more Super Bowl wins. That really makes a lot of sense.
Romans O was top 10, Hacketts O was bottom 5 if I remember correctly.
But well, I guess I just fed the troll...

Made me curious so I looked it up.
-2015 Bills : 1st rushing, 28th Passing, 12th in yards (not top 10)
-2014 Bills : 25th rushing, 18th passing, 18th in yards
-2013 Bills : 2nd rushing, 28th passing, 22nd in yards

Marrone/Hackett actually had the same ranked passing game in 2013 as 2015 (using Manuel, Lewis, Tuel), and were 1 off in rushing offense. The worst ranked team (2013) won the most games.

Not much to say about it. Marrone/Hackett were in over their head but seem to have had a better passing clue. Roman isn't over his head, but he knows running games. Lee/Lal bring little to the table in terms of passing game despite having a semi-steady low turnover QB.

We'll find out this year when teams stack the box and know what is coming, Taylor is intent on proving himself, and Roman/Lee/Lal have a year knowing what is coming.