X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ghz in pittsburgh
    • Aug 2004

The real talent/money question - Gilmore

So the Bills will go about just north of $12 Million and Gilmore is looking for $15 million.

Question is whether Gilmore is a true shutdown corner that worth the money like Revis was?
  • k-oneputt
    • Jun 2009

Re: The real talent/money question - Gilmore

I like Gilmore alot as a player, but I don't think they are going to pay him.
    Just my opinion and I hope I am wrong because I think him and Darby can be real good for a long time together.

Comment

• ghz in pittsburgh
      • Aug 2004

Gilmore is a $12 million CB in this league right now. Can Darby be a $12 million CB in NFL in a couple of years? At this point, you have to say a good chance. And it is very difficult for any team to pay 2 $12 million CBs.

This might turn out to be Byrd and Williams situation all over again. The Bills can franchise Gilmore to get a total of two more years out of him. If Darby proves himself in those two years, they could very well give the money to the younger dude.

Maybe Gilmore is pouting now to either get the money or have the Bills promise not to franchise him 2017.

Comment

• k-oneputt
        • Jun 2009

I think thats exactly were they are going with this contract situation.

Comment

• feldspar
          • Mar 2007

Originally posted by ghz in pittsburgh View Post
          Gilmore is a $12 million CB in this league right now. Can Darby be a $12 million CB in NFL in a couple of years? At this point, you have to say a good chance. And it is very difficult for any team to pay 2 $12 million CBs.

This might turn out to be Byrd and Williams situation all over again. The Bills can franchise Gilmore to get a total of two more years out of him. If Darby proves himself in those two years, they could very well give the money to the younger dude.

Maybe Gilmore is pouting now to either get the money or have the Bills promise not to franchise him 2017.
          Darby is under contract until 2019.

Comment

• ghz in pittsburgh
            • Aug 2004

Darby has the standard 4 year contract as a 2nd round pick. His contract runs out at the end of 2018 season.

Comment

• feldspar
              • Mar 2007

Originally posted by ghz in pittsburgh View Post
              Darby has the standard 4 year contract as a 2nd round pick. His contract runs out at the end of 2018 season.
              Correct.

He's under contract until 2019, like I said.

We have three more years of him, and a lot will happen during that time. You can think about that if you are bored, I guess...
              Last edited by feldspar; 06-17-2016, 01:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X