PDA

View Full Version : The real talent/money question - Gilmore

ghz in pittsburgh
06-17-2016, 11:34 AM
http://bills.buffalonews.com/2016/06/17/vic-caruccis-gilmore-standoff-rexs-psychology-reeds-read/

So the Bills will go about just north of $12 Million and Gilmore is looking for $15 million.

Question is whether Gilmore is a true shutdown corner that worth the money like Revis was?

k-oneputt
06-17-2016, 11:53 AM
I like Gilmore alot as a player, but I don't think they are going to pay him.
Just my opinion and I hope I am wrong because I think him and Darby can be real good for a long time together.

ghz in pittsburgh
06-17-2016, 12:04 PM
Gilmore is a $12 million CB in this league right now. Can Darby be a $12 million CB in NFL in a couple of years? At this point, you have to say a good chance. And it is very difficult for any team to pay 2 $12 million CBs.

This might turn out to be Byrd and Williams situation all over again. The Bills can franchise Gilmore to get a total of two more years out of him. If Darby proves himself in those two years, they could very well give the money to the younger dude.

Maybe Gilmore is pouting now to either get the money or have the Bills promise not to franchise him 2017.

k-oneputt
06-17-2016, 12:05 PM
I think thats exactly were they are going with this contract situation.

feldspar
06-17-2016, 12:12 PM
Gilmore is a $12 million CB in this league right now. Can Darby be a $12 million CB in NFL in a couple of years? At this point, you have to say a good chance. And it is very difficult for any team to pay 2 $12 million CBs.

This might turn out to be Byrd and Williams situation all over again. The Bills can franchise Gilmore to get a total of two more years out of him. If Darby proves himself in those two years, they could very well give the money to the younger dude.

Maybe Gilmore is pouting now to either get the money or have the Bills promise not to franchise him 2017.

Darby is under contract until 2019.

ghz in pittsburgh
06-17-2016, 12:56 PM
Darby has the standard 4 year contract as a 2nd round pick. His contract runs out at the end of 2018 season.

feldspar
06-17-2016, 01:03 PM
Darby has the standard 4 year contract as a 2nd round pick. His contract runs out at the end of 2018 season.

Correct.

He's under contract until 2019, like I said.

We have three more years of him, and a lot will happen during that time. You can think about that if you are bored, I guess...