PDA

View Full Version : Congrats to sports fans in Cleveland

YardRat
06-20-2016, 04:29 AM
Your city's championship drought is over, enjoy the celebration.

Maybe at some point in the future the Bills (or Sabres) can do the same for Buffalo.

Ginger Vitis
06-20-2016, 05:08 AM
Lebrons block on Steph Curry in the final minutes should forever been known in Cleveland as "The Block" but once Lebron was giveb the Larry OBrien trophy he kept it the whole time.. Could he not have passed it around at some point on the podium or let Kyrie Irving hold it for a bit... Irving was every bit as great as LeBron was in Game 7

Historian
06-20-2016, 05:41 AM
Good for Cleveland.

IlluminatusUIUC
06-20-2016, 06:39 AM
It seems like teams that break out of these long title droughts recently have to do so in absurd fashion. The Red Sox had to come back from being down 3-0 to their hated rivals. Ohio State had to beat a Miami team that hadn't lost a game in two calendar years. Seattle had to shut down the greatest offense in NFL history. And now Cleveland comes back from a 3-1 series deficit and steals two road wins from the best regular season team in NBA history.

Crazy fact: The teams with the best regular season records in the NBA, NHL, NFL, and MLB all failed to win the title that year.

WagonCircler
06-20-2016, 06:43 AM
The Cubs will be the next team to break a long, long, long championship drought.

Then the Sabres (in 3 years).

The Bills' drought will continue forever. Doug Whaley guarantees that. And 10 years from now unhinged PC culture will see to it that the NFL is outlawed.

Mr. Miyagi
06-20-2016, 07:48 AM
I relate to Cleveland. Die hard blue collar fans in a city with years of jokes and humiliation from the other sports teams, fans, and media. Unlucky in not just one sport, but everything. Could never win the big game. It could only happen to Cleveland. Does any of this sound familiar?

Cannot be happier for the city of Cleveland. I hope one day the same will happen to Buffalo. The day that the Bills or the Sabres win the championship, I swear to God I'll be crying hard like a little girl.

Luisito23
06-20-2016, 08:36 AM
I could give a $*** about Cleveland.

DraftBoy
06-20-2016, 09:06 AM
That was a hell of a game last night and a fantastic way to cap off a great NBA season.

LeBron James showed everybody why he is King James.

Mr. Miyagi
06-20-2016, 10:44 AM
The guy plays hard and unselfishly. That block on Curry was incredible. He flew down the court while his teammates where barely jogging. He wanted that ring badly.

swiper
06-20-2016, 10:58 AM
So this is the Cleveland Cavaliers forum now?

kscdogbillsfan1221
06-20-2016, 11:38 AM
So this is the Cleveland Cavaliers forum now?

well since basketball and hockey are done, baseball doesn't matter yet and there's no training camp, there's pretty much nothing else to talk about at this point

swiper
06-20-2016, 11:49 AM
well since basketball and hockey are done, baseball doesn't matter yet and there's no training camp, there's pretty much nothing else to talk about at this point

I was waiting for a the mod who usually moves stuff to come along and move this to where it belongs. Oh wait. That mod is the original poster. Looks like a hypocrite to me.

feldspar
06-20-2016, 11:50 AM

We can talk about how much the Bills suck and how much we hate them...that never gets old.

Off with their heads!!!!!

Skooby
06-20-2016, 01:11 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxuHYVmWlmU

sudzy
06-20-2016, 01:20 PM
F you Art Modell

ckg927
06-20-2016, 01:23 PM
That was a hell of a game last night and a fantastic way to cap off a great NBA season.

As I noted on Twitter(and quoting Motorhead in the process): "Behold The King. The King of Kings."

YardRat
06-20-2016, 01:48 PM
I was waiting for a the mod who usually moves stuff to come along and move this to where it belongs. Oh wait. That mod is the original poster. Looks like a hypocrite to me.

I post in any thread that I do something to (merge, move, etc)...if you can find one that I've moved because it was in the wrong forum go ahead and point it out. Good luck with that.

That being said, I know it's iffy for starting it on the main board, but I tied it into the Bills quite nicely to make it appropriate, thank you very much.

feldspar
06-20-2016, 02:01 PM
I post in any thread that I do something to (merge, move, etc)...if you can find one that I've moved because it was in the wrong forum go ahead and point it out. Good luck with that.

That being said, I know it's iffy for starting it on the main board, but I tied it into the Bills quite nicely to make it appropriate, thank you very much.

You make a lot of sense, LardFat.

LardFat.

Prepare to be called that every time you wanna refer to me as feldspooge...

Brace yourself!

Mr. Miyagi
06-20-2016, 02:27 PM

It's not like there's anything else to talk about. We're all tired of the "the Bills will never win" and "Whaley should be fired" and "EJ sucks" threads.

YardRat
06-20-2016, 02:31 PM
You make a lot of sense, LardFat.

LardFat.

Prepare to be called that every time you wanna refer to me as feldspooge...

Brace yourself!

"The 'spooge has spoken..."

feldspar
06-20-2016, 02:36 PM
"The 'spooge has spoken..."

LardFat!

YardRat
06-20-2016, 02:39 PM
It might be time for me to kick it up another notch...

feldspar
06-20-2016, 02:42 PM
It might be time for me to kick it up another notch...

Maybe, but try not to hurt yourself in the process, old pal.

DetDannyWilliams
06-20-2016, 03:29 PM
also Indians are in first in Central 0.5 up on World Series Champs... still a lot more baseball to be played though, LET'S GO TRIBE!

Cleve
06-20-2016, 05:35 PM
Who would have thought that Cleveland would win a major league championship before either the Bills or the Sabres? The last Cleveland world title was the 48 Indians.

Mace
06-20-2016, 05:59 PM
I can only hope that when and if we ever gain a championship, it will be as remarkable and satisfying as Cleveland's.

Cavs were pummeled first two games, pounded the Warriors in game three, then lost what I thought would be a backbreaker in game four. Figured game three was just a last hurrah. Then on the elimination ropes, they win 3 straight, nearly willed to victory by James, so often sniped for being willing but unable to carry a team through the years.

I thought they were done, down 3-1, Cleveland was figuring they were done. Everyone just about figured they were done. But oh no no no. One win, another, and then the very best.

Congrats to Cleveland, has to be an awesome feeling with the way it happened.

Maybe some day.....

cookie G
06-20-2016, 07:49 PM

I gained a great deal respect for him in their 2014 series against the Spurs. There were many times where he looked like he was the only guy on the Heat trying.

"The Block" will go down as a Finals Classic, but equally as great was Kevin Love's D on Curry in the final minute.

He got stuck on the MVP during a switch...
you knew he was going to take the shot,
Curry did everything he could to get around him, or get a decent 3 point look.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/8FlgjWJfLjQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

It had the makings of something that can be shown annually.

DraftBoy
06-21-2016, 04:00 AM
I gained a great deal respect for him in their 2014 series against the Spurs. There were many times where he looked like he was the only guy on the Heat trying.

"The Block" will go down as a Finals Classic, but equally as great was Kevin Love's D on Curry in the final minute.

He got stuck on the MVP during a switch...
you knew he was going to take the shot,
Curry did everything he could to get around him, or get a decent 3 point look.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/8FlgjWJfLjQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

It had the makings of something that can be shown annually.
Love had a really good game defensively all night long, but that last series on Curry was the illustration of lock down.

The block will go down as an all-time classic highlight along with the Kyrie three pointer.

Joe Fo Sho
06-21-2016, 06:15 AM
Man, I was really hoping the Warriors would win so the kids in 3rd world countries all over the globe would think that LeBron had more championships than the Bills.

Victor7
06-21-2016, 11:04 AM
Lebrons block on Steph Curry in the final minutes should forever been known in Cleveland as "The Block" but once Lebron was giveb the Larry OBrien trophy he kept it the whole time.. Could he not have passed it around at some point on the podium or let Kyrie Irving hold it for a bit... Irving was every bit as great as LeBron was in Game 7

You mean the block on Iguodala.

He did have a nasty block of Curry earlier in the game in which they exchanged words after but the massive all time great play near the end was on Iggy.

Congrats to the Cavs. Well played. They poured their guts out to come back from the death. Kyrie was money on Sunday and Lebron as usual was all over the place and delivered with a triple double. The man is just out of this world good.

IlluminatusUIUC
06-22-2016, 01:19 PM
Who would have thought that Cleveland would win a major league championship before either the Bills or the Sabres? The last Cleveland world title was the 48 Indians.

It helps when one of the best athletes in American history is born in their backyard and makes it his personal mission to win them a title.