PDA

View Full Version : Sabres acquire rights to Vesey for 3rd Rounder in 2016

Pages : [1] 2

The Jokeman
06-20-2016, 02:12 PM
Sabres acquire the rights to Jimmy Vesey from Pedators
http://www.thescore.com/news/1046940
(via http://thesco.re/theScore_app )

Glad to add him and guess we did an honorable thing making a "trade".

WagonCircler
06-20-2016, 02:14 PM
Love it!!!

http://sabres.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=886551

JATMtheJATM
06-20-2016, 02:14 PM
Yessssss. Let's go,GMTM

don137
06-20-2016, 02:17 PM
Big question will be will he sign with Buffalo or test FA.

The Jokeman
06-20-2016, 02:25 PM

It's well documented that Vesey and Eichel are close. GMTM isn't the type that gamble a pick on him unless knows he can sign him.

WagonCircler
06-20-2016, 02:25 PM

With his friendship with Eichel and everything, the Sabres have to have an indication that he will. Money certainly won't be the issue.

Dr. Who
06-20-2016, 02:26 PM

Have to think GMTM has a pretty strong indication he is going to sign, otherwise the trade doesn't make a lot of sense.

JATMtheJATM
06-20-2016, 02:40 PM
This is exciting. Even if Vesey doesn't sign, it's great to see murray taking swings at getting better.

YardRat
06-20-2016, 02:43 PM
A third rounder is certainly worth the risk...I'm still concerned about his alleged preference for Boston, though.

DetDannyWilliams
06-20-2016, 02:54 PM
wonder if this was the deal what GMTM was talking about at the trade deadline that he couldn't get done just yet

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Murray says he has interest in a &quot;hockey deal,&quot; couldn&#39;t get it done today but laid some framework for the summer for a possible deal.</p>&mdash; Buffalo Sabres (@BuffaloSabres) <a href="https://twitter.com/BuffaloSabres/status/704419858440712193">February 29, 2016</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

DetDannyWilliams
06-20-2016, 03:02 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">BUF GM on trading for Vesey rights: &quot;Why not us? Why not give it a shot? We have a spot in our Top 6 for him. We had four 3rd-round picks.&quot;</p>&mdash; Bob McKenzie (@TSNBobMcKenzie) <a href="https://twitter.com/TSNBobMcKenzie/status/744996043180244992">June 20, 2016</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

- - - Updated - - -

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">More Tim Murray: &quot;If I could&#39;ve traded (rental) Jamie McGinn for Vesey&#39;s rights at deadline, I&#39;d have done it. We&#39;ll give it our best shot.&quot;</p>&mdash; Bob McKenzie (@TSNBobMcKenzie) <a href="https://twitter.com/TSNBobMcKenzie/status/744996379714457600">June 20, 2016</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

trapezeus
06-20-2016, 03:22 PM
could the sabres talk to him at all prior to the trade? they are capped by rookie deal on him. So it really comes down to where Vesey wants to be. having eichel is a huge benefit to maybe gauging if he would want to sign. I don't know if that's allowed with the CBA, but you have to imagine the sabres had some intel on likelihood of signing.

coastal
06-20-2016, 03:29 PM
Sounds like a case of the ugliest girl at the prom trying to get a date.

ICRockets
06-20-2016, 04:14 PM
Sounds like a case of the ugliest girl at the prom trying to get a date.

You almost make me hope the Sabres never win a Stanley Cup just so you don't get to fraudulently celebrate the occasion.

Crisis
06-20-2016, 05:58 PM
Huge if he signs.

Vesey-Eichel-Reinhart hnnggg

WagonCircler
06-20-2016, 07:21 PM
I don't know if anyone mentioned it, but Eichel and Vesey also have the same agent.

SpikedLemonade
06-20-2016, 11:21 PM
Joe McDonaldESPN Staff Writer

http://a.espncdn.com/i/columnists/mcdonald_joe_m.jpg
Peter Donatelli, who represents Jimmy Vesey, had this to say about the Buffalo Sabres acquiring the rights of his client from the Nashville Predators: "In our opinion, the only thing that has happened is now the Sabres have stepped into the shoes of Nashville for exclusive rights [to negotiate] until Aug. 15. However, at this time, it doesn't change Jimmy Vesey's intention to become a free agent on Aug. 15."

coastal
06-21-2016, 05:22 AM
He's not signing here.

Toronto or Boston. Not just that but not sure he's a top 6.

Dude
06-21-2016, 05:55 AM
I know the Sabres have a ton of picks, but I still can't believe that GMTM would essentially give one away for nothing. He wouldn't have made this trade if he didn't think he could sign the kid.

coastal
06-21-2016, 06:06 AM
Well believe it... because he just did.

The Jokeman
06-21-2016, 06:36 AM

And things could change in the next 40 something days that he might elect to sign here. Maybe more talks with Eichel will convince him. I get he feels he wants to sign with his hometown team in Boston but if the kid is as smart as one would think his Harvard education would a lot him a team like Buffalo that seems to be on it's way up makes more sense. Of course if he wants to reunite with his dad and brother in Toronto that's another story but to me that's too much pressure on him to succeed IMO. Of course I'm a biased Sabres fan and want him here.

trapezeus
06-21-2016, 07:11 AM
you have to dismiss most of what coastal says because its nonsense.

that being said the Vesey signing isn't a sure thing, but I'd give up one of 4 3rd rounders to show the guy a level of commitment and have a focused pitch to sell him the sabres exclusively. put him up in housing, have him near eichel, have eichel's positive experience of being on the team, have a fan support day where people show him some outpouring of support that makes him see what playing for the sabres means and then if he still wants to go to free agency, know that you made your best pitch possible. the sabres aren't competing on money. he's going to make $900k where ever he goes.

coastal
06-21-2016, 08:10 AM
Like I said... ugliest girl at the prom wondering why no one wants to get stinky fingers with her.

Skooby
06-21-2016, 08:50 AM
He's signing a rookie contract, regardless of how anyone wants to look at it. I'm certain that wherever he decides to go will be based on the opportunity available there and some type of assurance that he will be playing in the NHL, not the minors. That all being said, I've been watching videos of his play and he's good but not on Jack's scale.

I hope the Sabres bring in some big name FA that make the team more attractive and successful for the other role players. We need some help, it's not all going to come from within.

trapezeus
06-21-2016, 09:40 AM
I would rather get better younger contracts and see how this team adapts to those players than to get two high priced stars that require longer term so when reinhart, eichel and a few other young players are due, we don't have the means to keep them.

Dude
06-21-2016, 09:50 AM
Oh cool. So GMTM is a personal friend? Can you ask him to post here?

Skooby
06-21-2016, 10:00 AM
I would rather get better younger contracts and see how this team adapts to those players than to get two high priced stars that require longer term so when reinhart, eichel and a few other young players are due, we don't have the means to keep them.

Our best years came about when we had Briere and Drury were here, after they left we had nothing left. We need an injection of major talent and mix it in with our youth to learn / grow together, lets not forget the past.

coastal
06-21-2016, 10:57 AM
Oh cool. So GMTM is a personal friend? Can you ask him to post here?
I don't think Murray has a friend in this world.

doesnt matter though.. he admittedly came out and said he had the pick to blow so why not try to negotiate with him exclusively.

The player's agent responded by saying the Sabres are Nashville... c u Aug 15th.

swiper
06-21-2016, 11:01 AM

Go tongue your Canadian friends ass some more.

swiper
06-21-2016, 11:03 AM
you have to dismiss most of what coastal says because its nonsense.

No we can hold it to tell him, once again, what an idiot he is when GMTM signs this player.

coastal
06-21-2016, 11:10 AM
No we can hold it to tell him, once again, what an idiot he is when GMTM signs this player.
Who called ROR last year... almost the exact trade?

Looks like if we can trade up to four I will have called that exact trade as well.

dont u have a Medicaid patients butthole to scope?

SpikedLemonade
06-21-2016, 12:26 PM
Like I said... ugliest girl at the prom wondering why no one wants to get stinky fingers with her.

But, but, the GM is an excellent driver....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LU1A0sHWYQg

SpikedLemonade
06-21-2016, 12:28 PM
Go tongue your Canadian friends ass some more.

Looks like someone is getting jealous.

gebobs
06-21-2016, 01:15 PM

Drop her off at Harbour and Yonge. Short walk home from there.

DetDannyWilliams
06-21-2016, 01:22 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">How Jack Eichel could be helpful to Sabres&#39; recruitment efforts &amp; more from today&#39;s presser: <a href="https://t.co/AkYr4F6NiP">https://t.co/AkYr4F6NiP</a> <a href="https://t.co/dZOS0Cs7DH">pic.twitter.com/dZOS0Cs7DH</a></p>&mdash; Buffalo Sabres (@BuffaloSabres) <a href="https://twitter.com/BuffaloSabres/status/745335362374012928">June 21, 2016</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

gebobs
06-21-2016, 02:08 PM
Signing Vesey is a long shot, just as it's a long shot for him to be an impact player in the bigs. But dropping a 3rd rounder for him is worth it IMHO.

I'd bet dollars to donuts he signs with Boston. Lotsa luck. That ship is sinking while the Sabres are just gathering steam.

Still, if I was in his shoes, I'd want to play in my hometown too, but I'm a sucker for loyalty.

gebobs
06-21-2016, 02:30 PM
And things could change in the next 40 something days that he might elect to sign here. Maybe more talks with Eichel will convince him. I get he feels he wants to sign with his hometown team in Boston but if the kid is as smart as one would think his Harvard education would a lot him a team like Buffalo that seems to be on it's way up makes more sense. Of course if he wants to reunite with his dad and brother in Toronto that's another story but to me that's too much pressure on him to succeed IMO. Of course I'm a biased Sabres fan and want him here.

That's certainly true. The Sabres get the inside edge now that they are the only team that can talk to Vesey. It may not be enough, but it's worth a shot. Faint heart never won fair lady.

YardRat
06-21-2016, 03:21 PM
Murray didn't sound too confident about being able to sign him in today's presser. Considering the value of a third rounder in the NHL and Buffalo having four of them to play with, it's still worth the risk and effort.

swiper
06-21-2016, 04:13 PM
Who called ROR last year... almost the exact trade?

Looks like if we can trade up to four I will have called that exact trade as well.

dont u have a Medicaid patients butthole to scope?

You're a legend in (only) your mind. Everybody else sees the inner idiot in you. Surf's up, tide's out.

swiper
06-21-2016, 04:15 PM
Murray didn't sound too confident about being able to sign him in today's presser. Considering the value of a third rounder in the NHL and Buffalo having four of them to play with, it's still worth the risk and effort.

Murray said it was a gamble. This player is not going to be looked upon in a very good light by any team if he shuns two NHL teams that tried to sign him.

The Jokeman
06-21-2016, 04:40 PM
Murray said it was a gamble. This player is not going to be looked upon in a very good light by any team if he shuns two NHL teams that tried to sign him.

It's just odd that his agent keeps saying he wants to explore UFA. I mean if he really wants to play for one specific team you'd think he'd tell his agent to maybe get his rights traded there instead of alienating himself to fans and possible future GMs. That said his situation kinda reminds me of the Drouin in Tampa and that seems to have died down.

SpikedLemonade
06-21-2016, 05:37 PM
<twitterwidget class="twitter-tweet twitter-tweet-rendered" id="twitter-widget-0" data-tweet-id="745335362374012928" style="position: static; visibility: visible; display: block; transform: rotate(0deg); max-width: 100%; width: 500px; min-width: 220px; margin-top: 10px; margin-bottom: 10px;"></twitterwidget> <script async="" src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

That assburger is a tool whether he tries or not.

<iframe id="rufous-sandbox" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" allowfullscreen="true" style="position: absolute; visibility: hidden; display: none; width: 0px; height: 0px; padding: 0px; border: none;"></iframe>

SpikedLemonade
06-21-2016, 05:38 PM
I'd bet dollars to donuts he signs with Boston.

All those keystrokes and you got this part right.

Congrats!

SpikedLemonade
06-21-2016, 05:40 PM
Murray didn't sound too confident about being able to sign him in today's presser.

The fact he can talk in full sentences is quite an accomplishment for him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bp9AClR8qCY

SpikedLemonade
06-21-2016, 05:44 PM
This player is not going to be looked upon in a very good light by any team if he shuns two NHL teams that tried to sign him.

Yeah, that is the way the NHL works.

GMs hold grudges rather than accumulate talent.

Speaking of good light, do you use a coal miners head gear light when you are digit deep in an anus or do you a lazer light?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FA3Royf9_zM

SpikedLemonade
06-21-2016, 05:46 PM
It's just odd that his agent keeps saying he wants to explore UFA. I mean if he really wants to play for one specific team you'd think he'd tell his agent to maybe get his rights traded there instead of alienating himself to fans and possible future GMs. That said his situation kinda reminds me of the Drouin in Tampa and that seems to have died down.

Yeah, you get it.

Too bad the Sabres GM does not.

Dude
06-21-2016, 07:39 PM
I don't think Murray has a friend in this world.

doesnt matter though.. he admittedly came out and said he had the pick to blow so why not try to negotiate with him exclusively.

The player's agent responded by saying the Sabres are Nashville... c u Aug 15th.
OK, so you don't know for sure what GMTM is thinking. It's just sour grapes from whatever. I bet you still boycott baseball because of the strike in the 90s.

You should just move on like everyone else has.

coastal
06-21-2016, 07:48 PM
OK, so you don't know for sure what GMTM is thinking.i know what he's saying. I know what Vessey's agent is saying. All signs so far point to Murray throwing this pick away.

It's just sour grapes from whatever.why would u think that. Just because it's counter to the fanboy bandwagon of Vessey being Eichel's next great linemate, doesn't mean it's sour grapes.

I bet you still boycott baseball because of the strike in the 90s.baseball sucks.

You should just move on like everyone else has.move on from what?

Dude
06-21-2016, 07:55 PM
I think that because you **** on everything this team does.

chernobylwraiths
06-22-2016, 05:06 AM
Vesey's agent HAS to say that. Agents are lawyers are politicians. None feed from the top.

I feel the at least Murray has an inkling that he might have a change with Vesey, and Eichel might be the reason.

He certainly isn't getting any more money from anyone else. It will all be about who gives him the best opportunity and has players he will want to play with.

Dude
06-22-2016, 05:10 AM
Exactly.

SpikedLemonade
06-22-2016, 05:34 AM
It will all be about who gives him the best opportunity and has players he will want to play with.

OR simply location.

trapezeus
06-22-2016, 06:23 AM
when spikedlemonade is confident on something, the exact opposite is sure to happen.

see: bills can't stay in buffalo after ralph.

SpikedLemonade
06-22-2016, 06:39 AM
when spikedlemonade is confident on something, the exact opposite is sure to happen.

see: bills can't stay in buffalo after ralph.

What a ridiculous comment.

My position was much deeper than that and in the end Buffalo got lucky with a dumb fracker willing to pay $400K more than an aging rock star and a now buffoon presidential candidate.

As I told Coastal, a poster on HF who is a part-time professional scout has been saying for 3-4 months now that Vesey will be signing with the Bruins after August 1st. He is from that area and despite the Leafs hiring his father, he wants to play in Boston given the money is the same for him everywhere. Excuse me for accepting the trusted opinion of an insider rather than the hopes and dreams of a desperate fan base.

coastal
06-22-2016, 06:49 AM
I think that because you **** on everything this team does.
No I don't... I was the fanboy leading the ROR trade and subsequent signing.

Murray went all in on ROR and glad he did.

Hes a badass hockey player man.

Skooby
06-22-2016, 07:31 AM
No I don't... I was the fanboy leading the ROR trade and subsequent signing.

Murray went all in on ROR and glad he did.

Hes a badass hockey player man.

We need a few more boys for a bad ass team.

coastal
06-22-2016, 08:19 AM
We need a few more boys for a bad ass team.
Yes we do... and the pieces that can be used to make that happen...

- obviously our 8th overall
- Girgensons
- Bogo
- Pysyk
- Ennis
- free agency for someone like Yandle or Stamkos.

SpikedLemonade
06-22-2016, 08:31 AM
Yes we do... and the pieces that can be used to make that happen...

- obviously our 8th overall
- Girgensons
- Bogo
- Pysyk
- Ennis
- free agency for someone like Yandle or Stamkos.

This Yandle which according to the fan boys here must be signing as a FA with the Panthers now that they have traded for his rights....

http://www.tsn.ca/panthers-acquire-rights-to-d-yandle-from-rangers-1.511668

JATMtheJATM
06-22-2016, 08:32 AM
http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/16403467/sabres-jimmy-vesey-shortlist-free-agency-likely

So, vesey has the sabres on his shortlist (no surprise)
Vesey likely to test free agency (no surprise again)
But the vesey camp will listen to what the sabres have to say.

Worth the shot.

SpikedLemonade
06-22-2016, 09:56 AM
http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/16403467/sabres-jimmy-vesey-shortlist-free-agency-likely

So, vesey has the sabres on his shortlist (no surprise)
Vesey likely to test free agency (no surprise again)
But the vesey camp will listen to what the sabres have to say.

Worth the shot.

The only shot that is worth it is the one Pegula finally takes kill off your imbecile GM.

coastal
06-22-2016, 10:15 AM
lulz

coastal
06-22-2016, 10:20 AM
This Yandle which according to the fan boys here must be signing as a FA with the Panthers now that they have traded for his rights....

http://www.tsn.ca/panthers-acquire-rights-to-d-yandle-from-rangers-1.511668
So the Panthers give up a 6th round pick which becomes a 4th ONLY if Yandle signs? They gave that up for a top 4 D and power play QB heading into the prime of his career...

v.

Murray giving up a 3rd round pick and a promise to a kid to be a top 6 forward when no one knows if he's anything more than a 4th liner...

#GMTMautism

Skooby
06-22-2016, 11:19 AM
So the Panthers give up a 6th round pick which becomes a 4th ONLY if Yandle signs? They gave that up for a top 4 D and power play QB heading into the prime of his career...

v.

Murray giving up a 3rd round pick and a promise to a kid to be a top 6 forward when no one knows if he's anything more than a 4th liner...

#GMTMautism

We had like 4 - 3rd round picks, there comes a point where it's coin tosses at that point right ??

trapezeus
06-22-2016, 11:23 AM
the 3rd round isn't going to have many ready to day players. the sabres need a few ready today players and Vesey is viewed to be that guy. and spiked, it's totally fair that your pessimism first and hatred for buffalo but some strange masochistic love for the bills has come up numerous time where you are wrong. and then you don't like being called out on it.

Skooby
06-22-2016, 11:36 AM
the 3rd round isn't going to have many ready to day players. the sabres need a few ready today players and Vesey is viewed to be that guy. and spiked, it's totally fair that your pessimism first and hatred for buffalo but some strange masochistic love for the bills has come up numerous time where you are wrong. and then you don't like being called out on it.

Who likes being called out ?

JATMtheJATM
06-22-2016, 01:14 PM
The only shot that is worth it is the one Pegula finally takes kill off your imbecile GM.

Your obsession with murray is really creepy. Like, no joke. It's fuggin weird how you obsess over him.

SpikedLemonade
06-23-2016, 03:08 AM

v.

#GMTMautism

http://www.tsn.ca/panthers-yandle-agree-on-seven-year-deal-1.513788

SpikedLemonade
06-23-2016, 03:11 AM
Your obsession with murray is really creepy. Like, no joke. It's fuggin weird how you obsess over him.

Thank you for the diagnosis doctor. Just stick to what you know which is not hockey but rather the weather in GP.

coastal
06-23-2016, 05:11 AM
http://www.tsn.ca/panthers-yandle-agree-on-seven-year-deal-1.513788
Autism boy hasn't closed Vessy yet?

maybe if he promises he gets penalty kill and power play time on top of playing with Jack, then he'll sign.

Historian
06-23-2016, 07:00 AM
I feel the at least Murray has an inkling that he might have a change with Vesey, and Eichel might be the reason.

Yea, because he's going to need a new roommate once Moulson is picked by Las Vegas in the expansion draft...

:couch:

JATMtheJATM
06-23-2016, 08:32 AM
Thank you for the diagnosis doctor. Just stick to what you know which is not hockey but rather the weather in GP.

I think I got a leg up in both departments over a few posters here.

gebobs
06-23-2016, 08:59 AM
Boston better hope they land Vesey. It would go a ways to shore up their abysmal drafts of the past several years.

JATMtheJATM
06-23-2016, 09:07 AM
Boston better hope they land Vesey. It would go a ways to shore up their abysmal drafts of the past several years.

It's funny that spiked always knocks murray while Don Sweeney has gone full milbury

SpikedLemonade
06-23-2016, 10:42 AM
Autism boy hasn't closed Vessy yet?

maybe if he promises he gets penalty kill and power play time on top of playing with Jack, then he'll sign.

He is trying to work out how much to pay him despite the fact that every team can only pay him so much...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkSx3b2hUfk

SpikedLemonade
06-23-2016, 10:44 AM
I think I got a leg up in both departments over a few posters here.

In terms of the weather in GP you are right.

Then again you have the advantage of just opening your window and looking outside.

- - - Updated - - -

Agreed.

SpikedLemonade
06-23-2016, 10:50 AM
It's funny that spiked always knocks murray while Don Sweeney has gone full milbury

I am not defending Don Sweeney but he has only been on the job for one year and did not intentionally tank the team for 3 years so he would look so smart with high "can't miss" draft picks.

Tanking would never fly in Boston because there are other things for people to do there.

Dude
06-23-2016, 10:52 AM
I am not defending Don Sweeney but he has only been on the job for one year and did not intentionally tank the team for 3 years so he would look so smart with high "can't miss" draft picks.

Tanking would never fly in Boston because there are other things for people to do there.Eichel is a can't miss pick, no doubt about that. Boston would love to have him. Everyone else has moved on.

SpikedLemonade
06-23-2016, 10:59 AM
Everyone else has moved on.

Every Sabres fan has moved on to ease the guilt of their GM's unethical behaviour.

Nonetheless, it rests on your conscience, oh yea...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RgY6-r5BO8

JATMtheJATM
06-23-2016, 11:12 AM

Tanking would never fly in Boston because there are other things for people to do there.

3 years of tanking? What are you, slow?

- - - Updated - - -

In terms of the weather in GP you are right.

Then again you have the advantage of just opening your window and looking outside.

- - - Updated - - -

Agreed.

Nah, hockey as well. I'm not smartest hockey fan here, but I got you and your pet beat pretty well, so I'll take it

SpikedLemonade
06-23-2016, 11:28 AM
...so I'll take it

I'm sure do and often.

JATMtheJATM
06-23-2016, 11:29 AM
I'm sure do and often.

You sure do and often?

gebobs
06-23-2016, 11:30 AM
Tanking would never fly in Boston

They tanked in 1997. Bye bye Adam Oates, Rick Tocchet, and Bill Ranford. Hello Joe Thornton!

JATMtheJATM
06-23-2016, 11:48 AM
They tanked in 1997. Bye bye Adam Oates, Rick Tocchet, and Bill Ranford. Hello Joe Thornton!

I don't think spiked understands what tanking really is. But if it allows him to polish his pole while ranting about murray, it's worth it, I suppose.

Like I said, it's actually getting weird now.

gebobs
06-23-2016, 11:52 AM
I don't think spiked understands what tanking really is.

Apparently, he thinks it's a nice diversion during the long winter in Buffalo after football is done. :headscrat

SpikedLemonade
06-23-2016, 11:58 AM
You sure do and often?

You know what I meant child.

SpikedLemonade
06-23-2016, 11:59 AM

You think that was intentional?

I guess you think they were idiots for only doing it for one year rather than three then?

JATMtheJATM
06-23-2016, 11:59 AM
You know what I meant child.

Well, I'm happy for you coming to terms with your sexuality. Still doesn't redeem you as a quality person.

SpikedLemonade
06-23-2016, 12:02 PM
Well, I'm happy for you coming to terms with your sexuality. Still doesn't redeem you as a quality person.

No it doesn't.

Having raised 3 children to successful adults does.

Please tell me about your children.

Homosexuals can adopt in Michigan right?

coastal
06-23-2016, 12:14 PM
Homosexual goalies need their own bathroom

JATMtheJATM
06-23-2016, 12:23 PM
No it doesn't.

Having raised 3 children to successful adults does.

Please tell me about your children.

Homosexuals can adopt in Michigan right?

And yet, here you are, posting dumb things on a message board to get a reaction. I mean, it works, in a "you look really pathetic" sort of way, not in a "you really have our number" way.

Dude
06-23-2016, 12:45 PM
Every Sabres fan has moved on to ease the guilt of their GM's unethical behaviour.

Nonetheless, it rests on your conscience, oh yea...I feel bad for you that it still bothers you this much. Your free healthcare can probably get you some counseling.

SpikedLemonade
06-23-2016, 01:16 PM
I feel bad for you that it still bothers you this much. Your free healthcare can probably get you some counseling.

Actually our healthcare system can get Canadians some covered counselling but not in this circumstance.

Our system expects us to be able to deal with asswipes on our own without counselling.

Skooby
06-23-2016, 01:50 PM
Actually our healthcare system can get Canadians some covered counselling but not in this circumstance.

Our system expects us to be able to deal with asswipes on our own without counselling.

Is there really any sane person here ?? We're disputing a terrible team that failed miserably for years now, it's actually kind of sad. I think we all need grief counseling, especially Bruins fans.

SpikedLemonade
06-23-2016, 03:57 PM
Is there really any sane person here ?? We're disputing a terrible team that failed miserably for years now, it's actually kind of sad. I think we all need grief counseling, especially Bruins fans.

We got all the mental health assistance we needed when we won the cup in 2011.

POTLAND PSILBYLO
06-23-2016, 05:50 PM

And if you miss that mark...?

- - - Updated - - -

We got all the mental health assistance we needed when we won the cup in 2011.
We!

Typ0
06-24-2016, 07:10 PM
I got lost in all the attacks in this thread. My take on this trade is that the Sabres intend on signing him in free agency. The agent was just stating they intend on testing the players market value in free agency. The pick to go all in on this guy is a big statement. Nicely done. They increased their potential to get a guy they think really fits in. Impressive. I hope it works out.

SpikedLemonade
06-24-2016, 08:36 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjTB6EG3xGo

swiper
06-25-2016, 03:40 AM
Using the same lame joke over and over is Canadian ******ry.

gebobs
06-25-2016, 05:53 AM
You think that was intentional?

I guess you think they were idiots for only doing it for one year rather than three then?

Was it intentional? The talent dump would indicate yes. They got their generational talent. Things turn around pretty quickly when you're first overall and a guy like Thornton was available.

SpikedLemonade
06-25-2016, 05:59 AM
Using the same lame joke over and over is Canadian ******ry.

Once you pay me a cover charge to hear/read my comedy, I may give a crap about your opinion.

Until then shut the F up Ass Assistant to the Ass DoctorTM

SpikedLemonade
06-25-2016, 06:03 AM
Was it intentional? The talent dump would indicate yes. They got their generational talent. Things turn around pretty quickly when you're first overall and a guy like Thornton was available.

Buddy, Thornton never got us to the promise land.

You may remember he was run out of town over leadership and play-off performance issues.

That season leading to draft pick I watched each and every game. It was torture. I assure you that it was a terrible team but it was not tanking intentionally.

The home Bruins fans never once rooted for the visiting team to beat the Bruins either by cheering, signs or attire.

gebobs
06-25-2016, 06:08 AM
Buddy, Thornton never got us to the promise land.

Did I say that? No. It was a tank for Thornton and all your whining doesn't change that fact.

The home Bruins fans never once rooted for the visiting team to beat the Bruins either by cheering, signs or attire.

Well, that's a bold claim. Irrelevant to the point but bold nonetheless. What fans do or don't supposedly do has zero bearing on the matter. Keep rationalizing, pal.

DetDannyWilliams
06-25-2016, 12:14 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">&quot;I think it was a great move to acquire Vesey&#39;s rights so we can show him how much we want him in Buffalo.&quot; <a href="https://t.co/OClq1mFjJf">pic.twitter.com/OClq1mFjJf</a></p>&mdash; Buffalo Sabres (@BuffaloSabres) <a href="https://twitter.com/BuffaloSabres/status/746758304421023745">June 25, 2016</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

SpikedLemonade
06-25-2016, 12:48 PM
Show him the B.E.R.M.

JATMtheJATM
07-01-2016, 09:09 AM
Guys, seems vesey could be open to signing with buffalo.
http://sabres.buffalonews.com/2016/07/01/vesey-agent-hope-meet-sabres-open-anything/

coastal
07-01-2016, 09:58 AM
Now if Murray can trade for Fowler... then it's on!

Dr. Who
07-01-2016, 10:18 AM
Now if Murray can trade for Fowler... then it's on!

On principle, I don't think Trolling Leafs' fans should be thanked, but you're correct here, so . . .

Skooby
07-01-2016, 10:22 AM
On principle, I don't think Trolling Leafs' fans should be thanked, but you're correct here, so . . .

They need to enjoy the tea bag, that's about all.

JATMtheJATM
07-02-2016, 11:24 AM
Guys, seems vesey could be open to signing with buffalo.
http://sabres.buffalonews.com/2016/07/01/vesey-agent-hope-meet-sabres-open-anything/

And now today vesey is back on his waiting till august 15 to decide.

This guys already a headache. At this point, forget it

Skooby
07-02-2016, 12:22 PM
And now today vesey is back on his waiting till august 15 to decide.

This guys already a headache. At this point, forget it

Good for him, I wish him luck wherever he plays. I want him here on a rookie deal, that way we get a cheap look at him without major obligations. If he's not ready, we shelve him in the AHL until further notice.

JATMtheJATM
07-02-2016, 12:41 PM
Good for him, I wish him luck wherever he plays. I want him here on a rookie deal, that way we get a cheap look at him without major obligations. If he's not ready, we shelve him in the AHL until further notice.

I don't wish him ill, but his constant waffling and demands. Eh, I'd walk

coastal
07-02-2016, 12:55 PM
Because he doesn't believe in what Pegs and Murray are selling?

k

JATMtheJATM
07-02-2016, 02:06 PM
Vesey still is coming to buffalo next week so pegula and murray can pitch the sabres to him.

http://nhl.nbcsports.com/2016/07/02/vesey-will-get-the-sabres-best-pitch-next-week-but-he-still-intends-to-go-free-agency-on-aug-15/?utm_network=twitter&utm_post=5981915&utm_source=TW%20%40NBCSports&utm_tags=srm%5Bhockey%5D

trapezeus
07-02-2016, 06:13 PM
Leaf fan is getting bitter that they aren't really very much better than last year.

coastal
07-02-2016, 06:44 PM
Leaf fan is getting bitter that they aren't really very much better than last year.
Dude... jammer is the one acting like a spurned school girl.

Mace
07-02-2016, 07:18 PM
Vesey still is coming to buffalo next week so pegula and murray can pitch the sabres to him.

http://nhl.nbcsports.com/2016/07/02/vesey-will-get-the-sabres-best-pitch-next-week-but-he-still-intends-to-go-free-agency-on-aug-15/?utm_network=twitter&utm_post=5981915&utm_source=TW%20%40NBCSports&utm_tags=srm%5Bhockey%5D

I'm pretty confident that if there is any chance at all, Murray brings it. Vesey might be fighting it, but when GMTM tilts his glasses and shows a little leg with that come hither raised eyebrow as he toys with a checkbook and pouts a little, Vesey will hm, consider himself wooed.

Skooby
07-02-2016, 07:27 PM
Dude... jammer is the one acting like a spurned school girl.
Did your team get better ?

Mr. Pink
07-03-2016, 09:06 AM
Looking at the Buffalo News today, it's not looking promising for the Sabres to sign Vesey at all, much less before August 15th.

http://sabres.buffalonews.com/2016/07/02/vesey-boston-globe-im-still-going-go-free-agency/

Said Vesey to Hall of Fame Globe writer Kevin Paul Dupont, "I’m still going to go to free agency and explore all my options".

JATMtheJATM
07-03-2016, 10:29 AM
Looking at the Buffalo News today, it's not looking promising for the Sabres to sign Vesey at all, much less before August 15th.

http://sabres.buffalonews.com/2016/07/02/vesey-boston-globe-im-still-going-go-free-agency/

Said Vesey to Hall of Fame Globe writer Kevin Paul Dupont, "I’m still going to go to free agency and explore all my options".

That's what kinda irritated me. If you wanna go to free agency, fine. But on July 1, his agent was pretty much saying "we want to hear what buffalo can give us" and them all the sudden, he's back to square one. He's waffling, and at a certain point, it's kinda like, ok dude. Make up your mind

That said, I follow Kevin Paul dupont on twitter, and only for entertainment. He has zero clue of the sport. So I don't trust him very much. He once said goaltending in hockey is the easiest position in sports, as you just have to stand there. Oh...

DetDannyWilliams
07-07-2016, 10:09 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">New at [BN] Hockey: With <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Sabres?src=hash">#Sabres</a> meeting Vesey today, are <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Blackhawks?src=hash">#Blackhawks</a> a stealth contender on Aug. 15? <a href="https://t.co/NJMAnRH0vM">https://t.co/NJMAnRH0vM</a></p>&mdash; Mike Harrington (@BNHarrington) <a href="https://twitter.com/BNHarrington/status/751049489029431296">July 7, 2016</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

- - - Updated - - -

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Shipping up to Boston: Another executive charter departed Buffalo at 11:01 a.m. with arrival at Logan Airport scheduled for 12:06 p.m.</p>&mdash; John Vogl (@BuffNewsVogl) <a href="https://twitter.com/BuffNewsVogl/status/751070828113059840">July 7, 2016</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

DetDannyWilliams
07-07-2016, 10:09 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">“He’s everything you look for in a player.&quot; - Sabres prospect Paul Geiger on four-year college foe Jimmy Vesey. <a href="https://t.co/dkEwh3HKIJ">https://t.co/dkEwh3HKIJ</a></p>&mdash; John Vogl (@BuffNewsVogl) <a href="https://twitter.com/BuffNewsVogl/status/751071653250142209">July 7, 2016</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

gebobs
07-07-2016, 10:26 AM
Looks good with that logo.

OpIv37
07-07-2016, 12:14 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">“He’s everything you look for in a player." - Sabres prospect Paul Geiger on four-year college foe Jimmy Vesey. <a href="https://t.co/dkEwh3HKIJ">https://t.co/dkEwh3HKIJ</a></p>— John Vogl (@BuffNewsVogl) <a href="https://twitter.com/BuffNewsVogl/status/751071653250142209">July 7, 2016</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Please tell our prospects to stop saying things that are going to drive his price up and make it more likely that he hits FA.

trapezeus
07-07-2016, 12:45 PM
it goes both ways. if the system is all praise to you, you should feel wanted. and lastly, it's not about money. he is capped at just under $1MM as a rookie. sabres can afford it. it's his choice. if family or hometown is more important to him, then there isnothing the sabres can offer to change his mind. but if he wants to contend and be a meaningful player for an interesting run at the ground floor, buffalo is the easy choice. and he's got his pal telling him the same thing. if Vesey tells us to screw off, he will easily be one of the most hated players.

OpIv37
07-07-2016, 01:07 PM
it goes both ways. if the system is all praise to you, you should feel wanted. and lastly, it's not about money. he is capped at just under $1MM as a rookie. sabres can afford it. it's his choice. if family or hometown is more important to him, then there isnothing the sabres can offer to change his mind. but if he wants to contend and be a meaningful player for an interesting run at the ground floor, buffalo is the easy choice. and he's got his pal telling him the same thing. if Vesey tells us to screw off, he will easily be one of the most hated players.

I would laugh if he wastes away in Boston's rebuild while the Sabres win a Cup.

gebobs
07-08-2016, 11:18 PM
Vesey's agent on Sabres' visit: 'The meeting went very well'
https://sabres.buffalonews.com/2016/07/08/vesey-agent-sabres-meeting-went-well/

The Sabres made their promotional pitch. Jimmy Vesey liked what he heard.

The next step requires something that’s often in short supply: patience.

Buffalo General Manager Tim Murray, coach Dan Bylsma and Jerry Forton, the assistant director of scouting who has a prior relationship with Vesey, met with the prospect Thursday in Boston. They didn’t demand to know whether he’ll sign before becoming an unrestricted free agent Aug. 15. They just wanted to show Vesey what the organization is all about.

Jerry is a friend from the old neighborhood and he was the goalie on varsity soccer with me at Canisius HS. I thought he got canned by the Sabres a while ago but I guess they brought him back.

gebobs
07-08-2016, 11:22 PM
Please tell our prospects to stop saying things that are going to drive his price up and make it more likely that he hits FA.

He's going to get the rookie max wherever he goes. Money is not the issue, right?

JATMtheJATM
07-09-2016, 12:34 AM
He's going to get the rookie max wherever he goes. Money is not the issue, right?

I believe he's in line for mega bonus bucks though

Jry44
07-09-2016, 07:01 AM
I believe he's in line for mega bonus bucks though

Which we know will be absolutely no issue with the Sabres. Pegula never hesitates to open up the check book.

coastal
07-09-2016, 07:36 AM
The kid is a big signing in the larger scheme of things... opens up the possibility to trade for someone like Fowler or Bishop and really go for it THIS year.

We have Girgs, Ennis, a 2017 1st round pick and (2) 2017 2nd round picks as trade pieces.

miss out on Vessey and we're still a top 6 LW shy... and does that open up a Nash scenario later in the summer?

Yasgur's Farm
07-09-2016, 10:48 AM
The need for LW is serious... I think we're 2 LW's short of a good 4 lines.

JATMtheJATM
07-09-2016, 10:52 AM

I've seen some people tossing out the idea of zemgus on the left wing.

JATMtheJATM
07-09-2016, 11:05 AM

Ok, so it's kane, foligno, moulson, deslauriers. Yeah, left side is a touch weak. Larsson can also play the left wing as can girgs.

And perhaps I'm being optimistic, but there's no way moulson can have as bad a year this year as he did last year.

JATMtheJATM
07-09-2016, 11:16 AM
And finally, if I'm GMTM, I check out brandon pirri. 80 points in 166 career games. Bout 39 points over the course of a full season. He's a UFA. plays left wing. If vesey doesn't sign.... he's a middle 6 winger would could help your depth. Just a thought

The Jokeman
07-11-2016, 03:26 PM
And finally, if I'm GMTM, I check out brandon pirri. 80 points in 166 career games. Bout 39 points over the course of a full season. He's a UFA. plays left wing. If vesey doesn't sign.... he's a middle 6 winger would could help your depth. Just a thought

Good stats and still young at 25. The only concern is his ability to avoid injury. Yet if looking for a one/two year stop gap I'd roll the dice. Yes that a hint he could also be Las Vegas bound though looking over our roster Larsson could be the odd man out too.

JATMtheJATM
07-11-2016, 11:20 PM
Good stats and still young at 25. The only concern is his ability to avoid injury. Yet if looking for a one/two year stop gap I'd roll the dice. Yes that a hint he could also be Las Vegas bound though looking over our roster Larsson could be the odd man out too.

60 games of him beats what we have now. We need depth, he's younger..... seems good to me.

JATMtheJATM
07-13-2016, 08:27 AM
Vesey watch. Pegulajet heading to Boston today and heading right back to buffalo

Yasgur's Farm
07-13-2016, 08:39 AM
Vesey watch. Pegulajet heading to Boston today and heading right back to buffaloInteresting... Gotta link for us? IMO, that could only mean 1 thing... Contract signing and press conference.

Yasgur's Farm
07-13-2016, 08:45 AM
Got it right here...
http://flightaware.com/live/flight/XSR960/history/20150104/1630Z/KBFI/KSFO
13-Jul-2016 LJ45 From Laurence G Hanscom Fld (KBED) To Buffalo Niagara Intl (KBUF) 01:10PM EDT 02:08PM EDT Scheduled
13-Jul-2016 LJ45 From Buffalo Niagara Intl (KBUF) To Laurence G Hanscom Fld (KBED) 11:25AM EDT 12:20PM EDT Scheduled

That's just a 50 minute layover.

JATMtheJATM
07-13-2016, 08:45 AM
Interesting... Gotta link for us? IMO, that could only mean 1 thing... Contract signing and press conference.

I felt perhaps they were going to show him buffalo, facilities and such

Yasgur's Farm
07-13-2016, 08:47 AM
I felt perhaps they were going to show him buffalo, facilities and suchDon't harsh my mellow man!

JATMtheJATM
07-13-2016, 09:01 AM
Don't harsh my mellow man!

Wouldn't that be a good sign in its own right? Hell, it could be nothing

Dr. Lecter
07-13-2016, 09:02 AM
It could also be him picking one of his daughters who was visiting friends in Boston

Yasgur's Farm
07-13-2016, 09:10 AM
Stop shaking me... I don't want to wake up.

JATMtheJATM
07-13-2016, 09:31 AM
http://tipofthetower.com/2016/07/13/buffalo-sabres-rumors-jimmy-vesey/

This article, which is nothing concrete, thinks it's vesey touring the facilities

Yasgur's Farm
07-13-2016, 09:44 AM
OK... Who on here is that writer? Seems like he took his material from this thread.

gebobs
07-13-2016, 09:46 AM
I hear he's coming in for the Italian Festival. The kid apparently has a hankering for fried dough. ;-)

Yasgur's Farm
07-13-2016, 10:17 AM
Arrived on schedule... http://flightaware.com/live/flight/XSR960/history/20160713/1525Z/KBUF/KBED/tracklog

JATMtheJATM
07-13-2016, 11:05 AM
Apparently vesey has a game in that pro league tonight so it's assumed he's staying put

gebobs
07-13-2016, 12:01 PM
Apparently vesey has a game in that pro league tonight so it's assumed he's staying put

Yup...Harlow plays McDonough and they are both 3-1. McDonough has some talent: Keith Yandle, Brian Boyle, Johnny Gaudreau, Kyle Palmieri, and the Hayes brothers, Kevin and Jimmy.

gebobs
07-13-2016, 12:03 PM
Still on the ground as of 2:35p...maybe they're looking for a pen? ;-)

Dr. Lecter
07-13-2016, 12:06 PM
Still on the ground as of 2:35p...maybe they're looking for a pen? ;-)
I hope the fax machine isn't jammed.

Yasgur's Farm
07-13-2016, 12:12 PM
delayed... departed AT 2:38... http://flightaware.com/live/flight/XSR960/history/20160713/1710Z/KBED/KBUF

gebobs
07-13-2016, 12:14 PM
I hope the fax machine isn't jammed.

Mmmmmm...mimeograph copies!

swiper
07-14-2016, 11:00 AM
As optimistic as I want to be with this, it sounds like Vesey wants to play for the Bruins very badly.

http://www.wgr550.com/Vesey-says-he-plans-on-meeting-with-Boston-in-Augu/22811396

“I’ve said it all along that Boston is definitely on my list of teams that I’d like to talk to. It’s a team that I’ve rooted for all my life, and it’s a team that I watched win the Stanley Cup in 2011,” he said.

JATMtheJATM
07-14-2016, 11:22 AM
As optimistic as I want to be with this, it sounds like Vesey wants to play for the Bruins very badly.

http://www.wgr550.com/Vesey-says-he-plans-on-meeting-with-Boston-in-Augu/22811396

Not surprised, but while the hometown pull might be strong, th team is being run very poorly. It's possible that has a negative influence on him

gebobs
07-18-2016, 05:48 AM
Yup...Harlow plays McDonough and they are both 3-1. McDonough has some talent: Keith Yandle, Brian Boyle, Johnny Gaudreau, Kyle Palmieri, and the Hayes brothers, Kevin and Jimmy.

McDonough 5 - Harlow 4, OT

gebobs
07-18-2016, 05:49 AM

His family is trying to dissuade him from making that mistake. I think they would rather see him in Buffalo if he doesn't go with the Leafs.

coastal
07-18-2016, 06:08 AM
His family is trying to dissuade him from making that mistake. I think they would rather see him in Buffalo if he doesn't go with the Leafs.
Where r u getting that from?

gebobs
07-18-2016, 06:19 AM
Where r u getting that from?

I saw it in another article that also had the quote that Swiper posted. I think it said something like they didn't want him to sign with a team just because he was a fan.

WagonCircler
07-18-2016, 07:16 AM
I was checking Twitter every day. Driving myself crazy. I finally just had to stop.

The latest round of speculation that he is as good as signed with Boston was based on one interview he did with a Boston weblogger.

I think he said exactly what he had to say ("I'm definitely going to talk to them..."). What else could he say.

Anyway, it's clear that no matter what happens, it won't happen before August 15, so I decided to just stop searching Twitter for encouraging signs.

If he signs here, great. If he doesn't, the Sabres will be just fine. Either way, I think it was a good gamble on Murray's part.

JATMtheJATM
07-18-2016, 08:16 AM
I was checking Twitter every day. Driving myself crazy. I finally just had to stop.

The latest round of speculation that he is as good as signed with Boston was based on one interview he did with a Boston weblogger.

I think he said exactly what he had to say ("I'm definitely going to talk to them..."). What else could he say.

Anyway, it's clear that no matter what happens, it won't happen before August 15, so I decided to just stop searching Twitter for encouraging signs.

If he signs here, great. If he doesn't, the Sabres will be just fine. Either way, I think it was a good gamble on Murray's part.

That's how I see it. I'm glad murray took the gamble and so far, he seems interested, but wants to weigh his options. He was impressed with the sabres brass when they visited him.

I think it's really between buffalo and boston. If they don't get him, they'll be fine

Skooby
07-18-2016, 10:01 AM
That's how I see it. I'm glad murray took the gamble and so far, he seems interested, but wants to weigh his options. He was impressed with the sabres brass when they visited him.

I think it's really between buffalo and boston. If they don't get him, they'll be fine

You'd think he'd want to be his old line mate with all the success they had together, it'd probably make the transition that much easier for him. You'd think playing with a future superstar would almost assuredly make his career that much better, that has to weigh into this versus playing for the home team.

JATMtheJATM
07-18-2016, 10:30 AM
You'd think he'd want to be his old line mate with all the success they had together, it'd probably make the transition that much easier for him. You'd think playing with a future superstar would almost assuredly make his career that much better, that has to weigh into this versus playing for the home team.

You'd think, but just as well, maybe playing at home is better for him.

Like I said, if we get him, great, but he's not a future mega star or anything. He looks like a second line winger, and while those are nice, we can survive without him.

Skooby
07-18-2016, 10:51 AM
You'd think, but just as well, maybe playing at home is better for him.

Like I said, if we get him, great, but he's not a future mega star or anything. He looks like a second line winger, and while those are nice, we can survive without him.

He'd be a solid 2nd line winger, which as previously mentioned is something we are lacking. It's not make or break but he seems like a character player with very nice awards, so the more the merrier (potentially).

swiper
07-18-2016, 11:01 AM
I saw it in another article that also had the quote that Swiper posted. I think it said something like they didn't want him to sign with a team just because he was a fan.

Imagine the Sabres telling any one of us that they want us.

"Mom. Dad. Sorry to break this to you, but I'm signing with Buffalo."

His parents or Eichel are not going to dissuade him from signing in Boston. Like it or not the Bruins are a team steeped in tradition. I'd be shocked if he didn't sign with them in mid-August.

Dr. Lecter
07-18-2016, 11:01 AM
Not to mention it would be nice to have a player for two years on his entry level deal, especially with the cap situation getting tight.

gebobs
07-18-2016, 11:18 AM

No doubt.

His parents or Eichel are not going to dissuade him from signing in Boston. Like it or not the Bruins are a team steeped in tradition. I'd be shocked if he didn't sign with them in mid-August.

I think the Leafs and the B's have the inside track. Buffalo and Chicago are dark horses. Buffalo's a bit darker.

gebobs
07-18-2016, 11:29 AM
You'd think he'd want to be his old line mate with all the success they had together

Who is that?

JATMtheJATM
07-18-2016, 11:53 AM

"Mom. Dad. Sorry to break this to you, but I'm signing with Buffalo."

Oh, for sure. And if he signs with boston, best of luck to him.

One thing is for certain. They need to close the college draft pick loophole allowing them to go to free agency. If you don't sign, they shold have to re enter the draft.

- - - Updated - - -

Who is that?

Eichel. In the pro league

Skooby
07-18-2016, 12:36 PM
Who is that?

Vesey & Eichel played together, look where it got them in the past & could get them in the future. If it doesn't mean anything to Vesey, cool. That being said, Jack could lobby for him to be on his line and have a valid case of previous experience. I'm not sure Vesey could ask for a much better compadre, seriously something to contemplate.

gebobs
07-18-2016, 12:48 PM
Vesey & Eichel played together

When have they played together other than in the summer pro league? World juniors?

gebobs
07-18-2016, 12:52 PM
Eichel. In the pro league

That's fine but I'd hardly characterize that as "his old line mate with all the success they had together". I get that they're pals and all and Vesey himself has said it would be nice to see a familiar face in the locker room next year.

Buffalogic
07-19-2016, 08:46 AM
If Boston wants him, they get him.

It would be like one of us signing in Boston after cheering for Buffalo our whole lives.

gebobs
07-19-2016, 09:12 AM
If Boston wants him, they get him.

It would be like one of us signing in Boston after cheering for Buffalo our whole lives.

Or signing with Chicago after cheering for the Sabres.

trapezeus
07-19-2016, 09:23 AM
a pro player has to know their careers are short. teams don't show loyalty to you. so you need to get the most money you can in what can be a short career. the money in his first contract is fixed at $900k. but putting up gaudy numbers with a talented team will make the second contract that much better than being on a dysfunctional team where you struggle. These kids have played for a lot of teams from their early days. they should know how to remove the hometown team excitement from what is in the best interest for them financially.

It is true the sabres are only promise and haven't shown anything yet, but I think the bruins and sabres are moving in clearly opposite directions that a non-sabres bruins fan would agree to.

Yasgur's Farm
07-19-2016, 09:40 AM
a pro player has to know their careers are short. teams don't show loyalty to you. so you need to get the most money you can in what can be a short career. the money in his first contract is fixed at $900k. but putting up gaudy numbers with a talented team will make the second contract that much better than being on a dysfunctional team where you struggle. These kids have played for a lot of teams from their early days. they should know how to remove the hometown team excitement from what is in the best interest for them financially.

It is true the sabres are only promise and haven't shown anything yet, but I think the bruins and sabres are moving in clearly opposite directions that a non-sabres bruins fan would agree to.Exactly... And him being relatively older only adds to what you've said.

OpIv37
07-19-2016, 10:00 AM
No doubt.

I think the Leafs and the B's have the inside track. Buffalo and Chicago are dark horses. Buffalo's a bit darker.

The Leafs make zero sense. If he wants to win right away, Chicago makes the most sense followed by Buffalo. If he wants to play for his hometown team, then it's Boston. The Leafs aren't local and aren't good.

The only possible advantage the Leafs could have is playing time, but I feel like he'd get plenty of that in Boston or Buffalo too.

It's a choice I'm glad I don't have to make. I can't imagine being 19 or 20 and being given a choice between playing for a Buffalo team that has aged out and needs to rebuild or a Boston team that's up and coming.

gebobs
07-19-2016, 10:12 AM
The Leafs make zero sense. If he wants to win right away, Chicago makes the most sense followed by Buffalo. If he wants to play for his hometown team, then it's Boston. The Leafs aren't local and aren't good.

The Leafs make no sense? How do you you figger?

His whole family is now in Toronto. His brother was drafted two years ago by the Leafs. His father is a scout. I think his mother drives the zamboni.

They just drafted Auston Matthews along with four others in the top 70 picks.

The Leafs aren't good fer sure, but they are rebuilding and they're probably just a year behind Buffalo in that respect.

POTLAND PSILBYLO
07-19-2016, 03:54 PM
The only time the leafs are good is when they have a former sabre. So he should sign here and then go to Toronto in 4 years. Deal.

swiper
07-19-2016, 04:20 PM
Exactly... And him being relatively older only adds to what you've said.

Exactly nothing. He couldn't be more wrong. A kid plays hockey his whole life for the hopes he gets one chance to play for his favorite team. IF, IF he gets that chance he seizes upon it. You clowns have to get over this incorrect notion that Terry Pegula is the only onel that can pay Vesey the money he wants.

Dr. Lecter
07-19-2016, 04:32 PM
Exactly nothing. He couldn't be more wrong. A kid plays hockey his whole life for the hopes he gets one chance to play for his favorite team. IF, IF he gets that chance he seizes upon it. You clowns have to get over this incorrect notion that Terry Pegula is the only onel that can pay Vesey the money he wants.

Please quote the post that somebody here said that

Or if it's multiple posts please point those out.

Unless, of course, you are the clown making **** up.

Again

JATMtheJATM
07-19-2016, 06:44 PM

I don't think anyone believes that.

What the sabres can offer vesey is a spot on a very young team that is about to become one of the better teams in the conference. Vesey can step right in and accelerate that. If the allure of playing for the home team is too much, so be it. Or playing for Toronto where he has family ties.

It's not the end of the world of he doesn't sign. Buffalo is still tending up and boston is still trending down.

The college free agent loophole must be addressed

WagonCircler
07-19-2016, 06:45 PM
Taking all of this information, speculation and inborn Buffalo pessimism into account, while bracing myself for the inevitable disappointment, there's just one thing that doesn't make sense to me, and that I can't ignore.

The Eichel factor.

Not so much that they'd be great line mates or that it would be a comfort for Vesey to walk into a locker room with a familiar face.

The thing that keeps me from completely shutting down all hope is the idea of Murray doing this without any kind of heads-up from either Eichel or his (also Vesey's) agent.

That's the part of this that makes no sense to me.

Whether it's a 30 second phone message that goes something like "Jack....it's Tim Murray. Is your buddy Jimmy dead set on playing for his hometown team, or should I make a run at him? Call me back." or a text from Eichel to Murray "TM, it's Jack. If u go after Vesey, he'll sign."

I just find it hard to believe that something like this didn't happen in advance.

I'm 99% sure he'll be a Bruin. But I just can't close the book.

Skooby
07-19-2016, 07:41 PM
The only time the leafs are good is when they have a former sabre. So he should sign here and then go to Toronto in 4 years. Deal.
Crazy but accurate.

swiper
07-20-2016, 02:59 AM
Please quote the post that somebody here said that

Or if it's multiple posts please point those out.

Unless, of course, you are the clown making **** up.

Again

Post 176.

Try to keep up.

Yasgur's Farm
07-20-2016, 08:43 AM
:yap:

:blahblah:

:blah:

:yawn:

:rolleyes:

trapezeus
07-20-2016, 09:14 AM
my post was 176. and swiper is assuming that kids just want to play for their hometown team. that's what fans want.

kids who are groomed to play professional hockey have worn a lot of jerseys and have gotten over the fan aspect of it. I think they respect the NHL team they rooted for. but if he is immature and just wants to play for his hometown team, his advisors should be tipping off the fact that money is equal at all the team with his entry level contract.

he needs to put himself in a situation where he can make money at RFA time or Unrestrictred FA time. Being in boston at this time is a gamble. perhaps he wants to take that. but Toronto, buffalo and Chicago has more star power, more chance to be viewed as a key cog and more likely to get a bigger payout than a team that listlessly seems to be moving along. his stats should look better on the other 3 teams.

Yasgur's Farm
07-20-2016, 09:27 AM
Yup...

gebobs
07-20-2016, 09:31 AM
my post was 176. and swiper is assuming that kids just want to play for their hometown team. that's what fans want.

kids who are groomed to play professional hockey have worn a lot of jerseys and have gotten over the fan aspect of it. I think they respect the NHL team they rooted for. but if he is immature and just wants to play for his hometown team, his advisors should be tipping off the fact that money is equal at all the team with his entry level contract.

he needs to put himself in a situation where he can make money at RFA time or Unrestrictred FA time. Being in boston at this time is a gamble. perhaps he wants to take that. but Toronto, buffalo and Chicago has more star power, more chance to be viewed as a key cog and more likely to get a bigger payout than a team that listlessly seems to be moving along. his stats should look better on the other 3 teams.

I think both you guys are right. First off, you are exactly right that Vesey should put his homerism aside and consider what is best for his career. In that case, Boston might not be the best choice. In fact, I'm not sure what the best choice would be. Which of these teams if any will be still ascendant or with whom will he strike the best stats by the time his entry-level contract runs out or when he becomes UFA? It's hard to tell. Will he be able to consider his options objectively? That would be a tall order for anyone much less a 23-year-old with stars and dollar signs in his eyes.

On the other hand, there is little precedent that I know of for the situation. It would be like if the Heisman Trophy winner could negotiate with any team. Would OJ have signed with the 12-2 Cowboys, the 13- Colts, or the hometown Niners who sucked but were on the rise?

And Jatm is right: the college free agent loophole must be addressed. And you can bet your bottom dollar that once it is the best player will be a Sabres fan.

gebobs
07-20-2016, 09:45 AM
Some other recent collegiate free agents...

Mike Reilly, grew up in Minnesota, signed with the Wild.
Justin Schultz, grew up in BC, signed with the Oil, but then they did him a favor and sent him to the Pens.
Kevin Hayes, Boston native, signed with the Rags, plays in the same league as Vesey and Eichel over the summer.
Tyler Bozak, from Regina SK, signed with the Leafs.
Torey Krug, Michigan native, signed with the Bs.

Skooby
07-20-2016, 10:20 AM
Some other recent collegiate free agents...

Mike Reilly, grew up in Minnesota, signed with the Wild.
Justin Schultz, grew up in BC, signed with the Oil, but then they did him a favor and sent him to the Pens.
Kevin Hayes, Boston native, signed with the Rags, plays in the same league as Vesey and Eichel over the summer.
Tyler Bozak, from Regina SK, signed with the Leafs.
Torey Krug, Michigan native, signed with the Bs.

Well then it looks like Vesey is a Bruin.

JATMtheJATM
07-20-2016, 10:57 AM
Well then it looks like Vesey is a Bruin.

How many of them lived up to the hype. All are pretty good, but none are stars.

Also, while not drafted, Danny dekeyser signed with the wings after growing up in michigan.

Red wings fans thought he was the second coming of lidstrom

Yasgur's Farm
07-20-2016, 11:03 AM
Well then it looks like Vesey is a Bruin.Why?

Schultz - Edmonton is not in British Columbia... It's in Alberta. Vancouver would be hometown team.
Hayes - Obviously the Rangers are not in Boston
Bozak - Saskatchewan would consider Edmonton or Winepeg as hometowns before Toronto
Krug - How do you consider a Michigan native calling Boston hometown.

That tells me 80% of that list signed outside of their hometown influence.

Yasgur's Farm
07-20-2016, 11:11 AM
And actually... Mike Reily was born in Chicago. Can you say Blackhawks?

That makes 5 of 5... 100%

gebobs
07-20-2016, 12:14 PM
Why?

Schultz - Edmonton is not in British Columbia... It's in Alberta. Vancouver would be hometown team.
Hayes - Obviously the Rangers are not in Boston
Bozak - Saskatchewan would consider Edmonton or Winepeg as hometowns before Toronto
Krug - How do you consider a Michigan native calling Boston hometown.

That tells me 80% of that list signed outside of their hometown influence.

And actually... Mike Reily was born in Chicago. Can you say Blackhawks?

Your Score: 100%

Bozak: Some Canadian teams have wide ranging and inter-regional fanbases. Certainly, the Leafs and the Habs. There are probably as many Leafs fans as senators fans in Ottawa. It's not any more surprising to find Leaf fans in Vancouver as it is to find native Buffalonians who are die-hard Raiders fans. He was never drafted.

Reilly: Yes, he was born in Chicago but he bled Gopher maroon and gold. He grew up in Minnesota and played his entire amateur career there (with the exception of one year playing Junior A in BC). Went to Minnesota like his two older brothers and his father. At any rate, no surprise he didn't want to go to Columbus. Does Buffalo have enough to attract Vesey? I wonder.

Schultz: Drafted by Anaheim but they couldn't sign him. He was courted by 26 teams but the Oilers sent Gretzky and Coffey to woo him. Though Kelowna is closest to Vancouver, at the time he was growing up, the Canucks sucked.

Hayes: He was probably a Bs fan growing up. Drafted by Chicago and didn't want to get buried there. Apparently, he was swayed to sign with NY by former mate Chris Kreider. Chicago got a compensatory pick for him. Any chance we get one? Wouldn't be much I guess since he was a 3rd rounder.

Krug: Can't imagine that he was a Bruins fan.

Score...
Definite homers: Reilly
Not homers: Krug, Hayes
Who knows: Bozak and Schultz

There's hope yet.

Yasgur's Farm
07-20-2016, 01:21 PM
Now that makes a lot more sense gebobs than drawing the conclusion that it's a done deal for Boston.

JATMtheJATM
07-20-2016, 01:28 PM
Are we not including dekeyser?

JATMtheJATM
07-20-2016, 03:37 PM
http://www.wgr550.com/pages/22815397.php?contentType=4&contentId=18800211

swiper
07-21-2016, 06:10 PM

That is what you want. That is not what he wants. He said as much. But you just keep dreaming stuff up that makes you happy.

Night Train
07-21-2016, 07:41 PM
I like the gamble of trading a 3rd rounder to have him talk to us a couple times without being rushed.

Still, I went to rookie camp a couple weeks ago and saw Bailey, Carrier and Baptiste playing like they could make a serious push for a spot on the Sabres. Vesey would be another nice addition but 20 some goals at Harvard and playing in the NHL is night and day. Offer him the max entry deal and a nice bonus and let him pick his team. They did their best.

I could care less what the media heads have to say. If he picks another team, the Sabres didn't "Fail".

Let them cry. Perspective. I like the teams direction.

swiper
07-21-2016, 09:43 PM
I like the gamble of trading a 3rd rounder to have him talk to us a couple times without being rushed.

Still, I went to rookie camp a couple weeks ago and saw Bailey, Carrier and Baptiste playing like they could make a serious push for a spot on the Sabres. Vesey would be another nice addition but 20 some goals at Harvard and playing in the NHL is night and day. Offer him the max entry deal and a nice bonus and let him pick his team. They did their best.

I could care less what the media heads have to say. If he picks another team, the Sabres didn't "Fail".

Let them cry. Perspective. I like the teams direction.

Agree. I don't think anyone thinks the Sabres failed in taking this shot. It's a good gamble to take. While he clearly likes the idea of playing for Boston, he's no doubt using it (or trying to) as a bargaining chip. So I don't think it's a definite "no." But he's keeping his cards close to his vest. Personally I can wait a couple of weeks.

He sounds sincere in his want to play with Boston. Other people here are dreaming up esoteric reasons why he won't sign there. If the money is equal in all places, as it likely will be, there is little reason to think he won't sign with Boston. I'm sure they're telling him he will be used as a cornerstone to rebuilding the team to a power house. Whether he buys it is another thing. But it will be sold that way.

In any case I think this was a good gamble by Murray.

gebobs
07-22-2016, 07:40 AM
Vesey would be another nice addition but 20 some goals at Harvard and playing in the NHL is night and day.

32 goals. That's a lot for college.

By comparison, Eichel (only a freshman though) had 24. Drury had a few 30 goal seasons. Oates had one 30 goal year. St. Louis's best year was 29.

Former Sabre Mike Donnelly holds the NCAA record with 59. He had a few nice seasons late in his career playing with Wayne and Luc in LA and then quickly faded away.

swiper
07-23-2016, 11:54 AM
On the Buffalo Sabres …
Matthew Sekeres (https://twitter.com/mattsekeres/status/756693099523350528): Hearing that the Sabres willingness to trade Evander Kane (http://www.hockey-reference.com/players/k/kaneev01.html?utm_campaign=Linker&utm_source=direct&utm_medium=linker-) could depend on whether they are able to sign Jimmy Vesey.

LINK (http://mynhltraderumors.com/nhl-rumors-toronto-maple-leafs-vesey-evander-kane-avs-islanders/2016/07/23/)

JATMtheJATM
07-23-2016, 03:12 PM
32 goals. That's a lot for college.

By comparison, Eichel (only a freshman though) had 24. Drury had a few 30 goal seasons. Oates had one 30 goal year. St. Louis's best year was 29.

Former Sabre Mike Donnelly holds the NCAA record with 59. He had a few nice seasons late in his career playing with Wayne and Luc in LA and then quickly faded away.

One has to wonder what eichel would have done with another season in boston...

swiper
07-24-2016, 04:30 PM
Fluto Shinzawa of the Boston Globe (https://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/bruins/2016/07/23/fluto-shinzawa-the-louis-blues-are-good-shape-despite-key-departures/UH9T50mI2GLa3nwrBwEaiJ/story.html?p1=Team_LeadArticle): The Bruins have about $66 million committed towards the cap, and could they be looking to build some space for Jimmy Vesey when he becomes a free agent in mid-August?

Vesey will have a $925,000 base salary, but potentially up to $2.85 million in performance bonuses. Teams like the Bruins will be cautious with their salary cap ceilings as they may not want to risk bonus overages for next season.

LINK (http://mynhltraderumors.com/rumors-notes-bruins-pens-leafs-coyotes-and-preds/2016/07/24/)

JATMtheJATM
07-24-2016, 08:14 PM
LINK (http://mynhltraderumors.com/rumors-notes-bruins-pens-leafs-coyotes-and-preds/2016/07/24/)

Same deal as panarinennenenne

swiper
07-30-2016, 04:40 PM
posted on 07/29:

Matthew Coller on ESPN (http://espn.go.com/nhl/insider/story/_/id/17164360/which-team-sign-harvard-star-jimmy-vesey-first-contract-nhl?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter): The Sabres made their best efforts to sign Jimmy Vesey, but he still plans on becoming a free agent on August 15th. The list of interested teams won’t be short. With all teams offering likely offering the same entry-level deal, it will come down to which teams make the best sales pitch. Will Vesey be looking to win sooner than later? Coller looks at Vesey’s short-list and Wild cards, selling points and drawbacks.

Short List:
Buffalo Sabres

Selling point: Jack Eichel (http://www.hockey-reference.com/players/e/eicheja01.html?utm_campaign=Linker&utm_source=direct&utm_medium=linker-)
Drawback: Market size

Toronto Maple Leafs

Selling point: The future
Drawback: Pressure

Boston Bruins

Selling point: Hometown
Drawback: Closing window to win

New York Rangers

Selling point: Star power
Drawback: Cup chances

Chicago Blackhawks

Selling point: Stanley Cup(s)
Drawback: Cap troubles

Coller picks the Blackhawks as the most likely landing spot for Vesey from the ‘short list.’

Wild Cards: Pittsburgh Penguins, New Jersey Devils, New York Islanders, Los Angeles Kings and Edmonton Oilers. Coller picks the Penguins from the list of ‘wild card’ teams.

Jimmy Murphy (https://twitter.com/MurphysLaw74/status/758807750050590722): “The better the <s style="font-family: Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif; font-size: 14px; line-height: 24px; box-sizing: border-box;">#</s>Preds get, the more I think Jimmy Vesey already knew what team he wanted to play for when he decided to opt out of Nashville … Regarding last tweet on Vesey, yes he can (https://twitter.com/MurphysLaw74/status/758807969437933570) change his mind, but to leave a team with a great present and future must mean he had mind set.”

http://mynhltraderumors.com/nhl-rumors-jimmy-vesey-washington-capitals-ny-islanders/2016/07/29/

swiper
07-31-2016, 10:06 AM
Two weeks. Sounds like Chicago & Boston in front of Buffalo.

Skooby
08-01-2016, 11:13 AM
I heard we had a snowballs chance but that was from someone on here, personally speaking he goes home go Boston to talk chowder.

The Jokeman
08-02-2016, 04:33 PM
Two weeks. Sounds like Chicago & Boston in front of Buffalo.

Going to Chicago be bad for NHL as it could start a cycle of college kids choosing to stay in school and sign with better teams once they graduate or in essence circumvent the draft process.

JATMtheJATM
08-02-2016, 06:10 PM
Going to Chicago be bad for NHL as it could start a cycle of college kids choosing to stay in school and sign with better teams once they graduate or in essence circumvent the draft process.

That process has already begun. It's a loophole the NHL must address

The King
08-02-2016, 07:35 PM
I heard we had a snowballs chance but that was from someone on here, personally speaking he goes home go Boston to talk chowder.

If he waits it has to be Boston.

JATMtheJATM
08-03-2016, 01:09 AM

That's what it feels like. He's pretty good, so enjoy

Skooby
08-03-2016, 03:44 AM
That's what it feels like. He's pretty good, so enjoy

He's good, but not Jack good by any means but a potential NHL solid player.

swiper
08-03-2016, 03:46 AM

He has to wait (for any team except Buffalo). So Boston is not a given.

casdhf
08-03-2016, 04:04 AM
Chicago

Yasgur's Farm
08-04-2016, 06:04 PM
11 days

swiper
08-04-2016, 08:05 PM
Are we really counting down to this? Are things in Sabresland that slow? Tired of reading about Kane's drunken touchy-touchies?

casdhf
08-05-2016, 08:43 AM
Yes. What else is there to talk about?

JATMtheJATM
08-05-2016, 10:20 AM

Where nylander will end up?

Dr. Lecter
08-05-2016, 11:01 AM
Why isn't Risto signed?

The King
08-05-2016, 11:26 AM
He has to wait (for any team except Buffalo). So Boston is not a given.

Correct but it's the same offer everywhere. So something is making him wait and not sign with Buffalo. You dont get many opportunities to choose where you go. This could be his only chance to play at home.

casdhf
08-05-2016, 12:46 PM
Correct but it's the same offer everywhere. So something is making him wait and not sign with Buffalo. You dont get many opportunities to choose where you go. This could be his only chance to play at home. I think he just wants to see what is out there. That is the smart play, even if he returns and decides to stick with Buffalo. I would say the Sabres have a legit shot.

Skooby
08-05-2016, 01:42 PM
I think he just wants to see what is out there. That is the smart play, even if he returns and decides to stick with Buffalo. I would say the Sabres have a legit shot.

One of 6, so maybe 17%.

JATMtheJATM
08-05-2016, 02:05 PM
Why isn't Risto signed?

This. I haven't heard much lately about this or girgs

swiper
08-05-2016, 04:11 PM

Well then...

Yasgur's Farm
08-09-2016, 04:51 PM
6 days

swiper
08-10-2016, 03:31 AM

gebobs
08-10-2016, 06:04 AM

Haha...I don't expect him to sign with anyone right away. He needs to at least give the appearance of propriety.

But I have to be honest. When this popped up in my usercp, I was hoping against hope that I would see that he signed with the Sabs.

We all know now, even if we don't want to think about it, that he's not going to sign here. By now, he's talked to all the teams he wants to on the sly. His decision is probably all but made up and if it was for Buffalo it would be a done deal.

JATMtheJATM
08-10-2016, 08:17 AM
Haha...I don't expect him to sign with anyone right away. He needs to at least give the appearance of propriety.

But I have to be honest. When this popped up in my usercp, I was hoping against hope that I would see that he signed with the Sabs.

We all know now, even if we don't want to think about it, that he's not going to sign here. By now, he's talked to all the teams he wants to on the sly. His decision is probably all but made up and if it was for Buffalo it would be a done deal.

I don't think so. The NHL is not lax about tampering. Remember the new Jersey fiasco a few years ago? And he won't sign now. He's been so vocal about going to free agency, he wouldn't switch it up now

gebobs
08-10-2016, 09:10 AM
I don't think so. The NHL is not lax about tampering.

And I doubt a GM willing to skirt those rules is going to be lax either. I wouldn't put anything past Don Sweeney to get a leg up on the competition. All he has to do is get an old friend of his, who isn't in the Boston organization, to set up a discrete meeting or even a phone call, just a friendly conversation.

Remember the new Jersey fiasco a few years ago?

The Stevens/Shanahan mess?

JATMtheJATM
08-10-2016, 10:04 AM
And I doubt a GM willing to skirt those rules is going to be lax either. I wouldn't put anything past Don Sweeney to get a leg up on the competition. All he has to do is get an old friend of his, who isn't in the Boston organization, to set up a discrete meeting or even a phone call, just a friendly conversation.

The Stevens/Shanahan mess?

Kovalchuk contract. New Jersey initially lost their first round pick, which was a lottery pick. They eventually got it back, but it was the last pick of the first round. A heavy fall.

gebobs
08-10-2016, 10:08 AM
Kovalchuk contract. New Jersey initially lost their first round pick, which was a lottery pick. They eventually got it back, but it was the last pick of the first round. A heavy fall.

OK, but that wasn't for tampering.

JATMtheJATM
08-10-2016, 10:24 AM
OK, but that wasn't for tampering.

Ehh. Circumventing the cap. I (maybe mistakenly) Consider that the same area. Tampering with the cap.

gebobs
08-10-2016, 10:47 AM
Ehh. Circumventing the cap. I (maybe mistakenly) Consider that the same area. Tampering with the cap.

That would hace gotten a groan from me on the Range. :-)

Talking to a prospect out of turn is nothing like flaunting contract rules. Contracts are public. Tampering is done on the sly...and it's done all the time. Let me give you a related example. It's against the rules for the NHL to recruit players while they are in school. When Ryan Sittler was at Nichols, it was an open secret that he was getting taken out for dinners on a weekly basis by scouts.

"We're not recruiting. Just a friendly conversation is all." Wink wink nudge nudge.

I would be surprised as hell if Bruins haven't reached out to him even going back to before the Preds traded his rights. And come on...the Leafs! What do you think they're talking about when he's having dinner with his father and brother? The Red Sox pennant race?

And aside from Eichel, he's playing this summer with guys on most of the teams that are going to try to sign him. Mark Fayne and Adam Clendening for the Oil. Scott Darling for the Hawks. Keith Yandle, Kevin Hayes, and Chris Kreider for the Rags. Jimmy Hayes for the Bruins. The only team not represented is the Leafs.

The one thing the GMTM got for that third round pick, aside from the right to openly speak with Vesey without fear of tampering, was a demonstration of commitment. And of those, I think the latter is more important at this point. Hopefully, it will be the difference, but I'm not too optimistic.

JATMtheJATM
08-10-2016, 11:10 AM
That would hace gotten a groan from me on the Range. :-)

Talking to a prospect out of turn is nothing like flaunting contract rules. Contracts are public. Tampering is done on the sly...and it's done all the time. Let me give you a related example. It's against the rules for the NHL to recruit players while they are in school. When Ryan Sittler was at Nichols, it was an open secret that he was getting taken out for dinners on a weekly basis by scouts.

"We're not recruiting. Just a friendly conversation is all." Wink wink nudge nudge.

I would be surprised as hell if Bruins haven't reached out to him even going back to before the Preds traded his rights. And come on...the Leafs! What do you think they're talking about when he's having dinner with his father and brother? The Red Sox pennant race?

And aside from Eichel, he's playing this summer with guys on most of the teams that are going to try to sign him. Mark Fayne and Adam Clendening for the Oil. Scott Darling for the Hawks. Keith Yandle, Kevin Hayes, and Chris Kreider for the Rags. Jimmy Hayes for the Bruins. The only team not represented is the Leafs.

The one thing the GMTM got for that third round pick, aside from the right to openly speak with Vesey without fear of tampering, was a demonstration of commitment. And of those, I think the latter is more important at this point. Hopefully, it will be the difference, but I'm not too optimistic.

Alright, that's fair. They aren't the same thing. But a groan?? Sir....

I guess the overall message is the same though. The NHL would come down hard on anyone tampering with the process, I believe.

That said, I do not think vesey will be a sabre later this month. You are very right about that

swiper
08-10-2016, 11:27 AM

gebobs
08-10-2016, 12:11 PM

DON'T GET ME STARTED AGAIN!!!

swiper
08-10-2016, 12:22 PM
DON'T GET ME STARTED AGAIN!!!

LOL. Hope you enjoy your time back home. Please have a Labatt's for me.

Yasgur's Farm
08-10-2016, 02:00 PM
Neither Sabres nor Bruins are in preferred top 3 according to this article... http://www.csnne.com/boston-bruins/sources-boston-bruins-not-a-favorite-to-sign-jimmy-Vesey

According to one of those sources, however, Vesey’s top three preferred spots are currently the Chicago Blackhawks, the New York Rangers and the New Jersey Devils.
Hope they're wrong.

JATMtheJATM
08-10-2016, 03:46 PM
http://www.hockeyfeed.com/nhl-news/highly-touted-free-agent-not-likely-to-sign-with-one-team?ref=justin

Click bait source says....

Night Train
08-10-2016, 04:01 PM
https://twitter.com/Matt_Bove/status/763471340301082630

swiper
08-10-2016, 04:10 PM
So, in other words, no one still knows.

swiper
08-10-2016, 04:26 PM
<button class="user-actions-follow-button js-follow-btn follow-button btn" type="button" style="color: rgb(41, 47, 51); font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: bold; font-stretch: inherit; font-size: 14px; font-family: inherit; margin: 0px; overflow: visible; cursor: pointer; border: 1px solid rgb(225, 232, 237); padding: 4px 12px 9px; border-radius: 4px; position: relative; vertical-align: top; background: linear-gradient(rgb(255, 255, 255), rgb(245, 248, 250)) no-repeat rgb(245, 248, 250);"> Follow</button>

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/746097377774346240/Qok5s-P2_bigger.jpgNick FilipowskiVerified account‏@NICK_WKBW (https://twitter.com/NICK_WKBW)

More from Vesey reps: Everything said or read until that time is speculation. (2/2) #Sabres (https://twitter.com/hashtag/Sabres?src=hash)

Follow
https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/746097377774346240/Qok5s-P2_bigger.jpgNick FilipowskiVerified account‏@NICK_WKBW (https://twitter.com/NICK_WKBW)

Just received from Vesey reps: There are no front runners. Jimmy will go through the process and Buffalo will be part of that process. (1/2)

Yasgur's Farm
08-13-2016, 02:00 PM
2 days

YardRat
08-13-2016, 02:09 PM
Time for a new thread.

swiper
08-14-2016, 04:22 AM

swiper
08-14-2016, 04:18 PM
Paul Hamilton has not ruled out the Sabres.

. (WGR 550) -- The day that Jimmy Vesey has been waiting for is almost upon us. Monday is when the Hobey Baker award winner is no longer property of the Sabres and an unrestricted free agent.

The Sabres made their pitch to Vesey after the NHL Entry Draft and Tim Murray told him they would leave him alone, but would be available if he wanted to talk.

That time has apparently come as TSN is reporting that the Sabres are back talking with Vesey making a last minute pitch and are very much still in the mix.

http://www.wgr550.com/Vesey-is-set-to-become-a-free-agent-but-Sabres-are/22843219

Skooby
08-14-2016, 09:57 PM
We might be talking but is he listening ? Since his salary isn't going to change, endorsement deals are all that are left. So large market teams like the Rangers make major cents, see what I did there ?