PDA

View Full Version : $12 Million a season for Stamkos ??

Skooby
06-21-2016, 12:46 PM
If that's the case, Stamkos will be a Sabre soon:

http://www.diebytheblade.com/2016/6/21/11989122/buffalo-sabres-going-absolutely-all-in-steven-stamkos

OpIv37
06-21-2016, 01:06 PM
For the immediate future, I'd take it,but long term I'm not so sure. He's gonna want a long term deal and it won't be worth letting one of our young guys walk.

DetDannyWilliams
06-21-2016, 01:19 PM
Murray said there have been no talks internally about an offer for Stamkos, so anything you see out there is false.

http://www.wgr550.com/Sabres-Murray-to-ask-Eichel-to-help-recruit-Vesey/22786036

Skooby
06-21-2016, 03:38 PM
Murray said there have been no talks internally about an offer for Stamkos, so anything you see out there is false.

http://www.wgr550.com/Sabres-Murray-to-ask-Eichel-to-help-recruit-Vesey/22786036

Stamkos to Sabres has been an ongoing rumor, where's there's smoke / there's fire.

OpIv37
06-21-2016, 04:16 PM

Or that's what Murray says publicly so Stamkos and his agent think no one is interested in giving him $12 mil a season and they reduce their price

Jry44
06-21-2016, 07:05 PM
Murry won't confirm any internal conversations regarding a player that's under contract with another team because it's tampering.

Both Darren Dreger and Bob McKenzie have connected Stamkos to the Sabres now. So there's definitely something to this.

Jry44
06-21-2016, 07:07 PM
Or that's what Murray says publicly so Stamkos and his agent think no one is interested in giving him $12 mil a season and they reduce their price

True. They could also be using the media to drive his price tag up on other teams. However Murray usually means what he says or leaks.

DetDannyWilliams
06-21-2016, 08:44 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">NHL/NHLPA announce cap floor of $54M, ceiling of $73M.</p>&mdash; Mike Harrington (@BNHarrington) <a href="https://twitter.com/BNHarrington/status/745417189809881089">June 22, 2016</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

- - - Updated - - -

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The cap was $71.4 million this past season. Teams like <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Sabres?src=hash">#Sabres</a> have to like it was only a small bump. Tight teams certainly nervous.</p>&mdash; Mike Harrington (@BNHarrington) <a href="https://twitter.com/BNHarrington/status/745417493070503936">June 22, 2016</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

coastal
06-22-2016, 06:07 AM
So if we would offer him $10 million, the add $1.6 million to get to $11.6 million.

SpikedLemonade
06-22-2016, 06:15 AM
So if we would offer him $10 million, the add $1.6 million to get to $11.6 million.

This "we" is not fooling anyone including The Digit PicassoTM.

coastal
06-22-2016, 06:47 AM
I enjoy my duality... quit trying to piss on us.

OpIv37
06-22-2016, 06:51 AM
True. They could also be using the media to drive his price tag up on other teams. However Murray usually means what he says or leaks.

Point is, a negotiation is about to take place and both sides are jockeying for leverage in said negotiation. Neither Murray (or any other interested GM) nor Stamkos' agent are going to let anything get released publicly unless they think it helps their negotiating position.

So, it's very difficult for any outsiders- media included- to know what's going on.

I worry about the long term consequences of giving Stamkos $12 mil a season, but Murray and the rest of the FO wouldn't be doing their jobs if they didn't come up with a contract number they were comfortable with and calling Stamkos' agent to see if they are close.

coastal
06-22-2016, 06:53 AM
Ok so let's jerk off for a second and assuming no major trades.

Kane - ROR - Stamkos
Girgensons - Eichel - Reinhart
Foligno - Larsson - Ennis
Deslauriers - COR - Gionta
Moulson, Fasching and Bailey providing depth. May need to bring in vet depth for center.

The top two lines would not be a lot of fun to play against. If Ennis has recovered and can stay healthy (big ifs), the third line would produce as well. If not then plug Moulson or Fasching in on that line. Fourth line sucks.

Chychrun Risto
McCabe Bogo
Gorges Pysyk
Franson

Reimer
Lehner

Id look to upgrade 2nd line left wing, 4th line center and second defensive pairing. Players in play.... Girgensons, Ennis, Bogo, Pysyk, next year's 1st, this year's second.

Skooby
06-22-2016, 07:28 AM
IF (BIG IF) Keith Tkachuk becomes ours, boom. How about if Vesey signs ?? DP with a double shot ?

Ok so let's jerk off for a second and assuming no major trades.

Kane - ROR - Stamkos
Girgensons - Eichel - Reinhart
Foligno - Larsson - Ennis
Deslauriers - COR - Gionta
Moulson, Fasching and Bailey providing depth. May need to bring in vet depth for center.

The top two lines would not be a lot of fun to play against. If Ennis has recovered and can stay healthy (big ifs), the third line would produce as well. If not then plug Moulson or Fasching in on that line. Fourth line sucks.

Chychrun Risto
McCabe Bogo
Gorges Pysyk
Franson

Reimer
Lehner

Id look to upgrade 2nd line left wing, 4th line center and second defensive pairing. Players in play.... Girgensons, Ennis, Bogo, Pysyk, next year's 1st, this year's second.

coastal
06-22-2016, 08:16 AM
IF (BIG IF) Keith Tkachuk becomes ours, boom. How about if Vesey signs ?? DP with a double shot ?

So if the Edmonton trade I outlined goes down...

Kane - ROR - Stamkos
Tkachuck - Eichel - Reinhart
Foligno - Larsson - Eberle
Deslauriers, COR, Gionta
Moulson, Bailey and Fasching providing depth. Still need a vet center.

No clue what to do on the backend...

Risto, McCabe, Gorges Franson, Nelson and Guhle... that's somewhat frightening.

SpikedLemonade
06-22-2016, 08:27 AM
I enjoy my duality... quit trying to piss on us.

OK, I now understand the we, who is the us?

Is there a 3rd, 4th or 5th team that you are also a fan of?

coastal
06-22-2016, 10:23 AM
Chicago Blackhawks... went to high school with Bowman and well...

Kaner is clocking all the *****es!

that and Duncan Keith is my kind of scum bag... and Toews pretty much rules... and Hossa... well Hossa is just as badass as they come!

Dr. Lecter
06-22-2016, 11:12 AM
The *****es that hang out with Kane need to be more careful, imo.

Skooby
06-22-2016, 11:16 AM
The *****es that hang out with Kane need to be more careful, imo.

He meets and beats, that's for sure.

Night Train
06-22-2016, 06:43 PM
Blood clots linger. I'd take a pass on Stamkos.

Spend the $ wisely. Sign RR, save $ down the road for Reinhart, Eichel etc. Gamble on Vesey. Get a puck carrying D-man via the draft or trade.

JMO.

Historian
06-23-2016, 07:04 AM
I wonder if Ennis even plays anymore