PDA

View Full Version : Report: Tyrod Taylor Extension Could Come In-Season

DraftBoy
06-22-2016, 02:14 PM
http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2016/6/22/11999910/report-taylor-extension-could-come-during-the-season

WGR’s Sal Capaccio is reporting that the contract negotiations between the Buffalo Bills and the agency representing pending free agent quarterback Tyrod Taylor are continuing negotiations, and that "both sides are open to an in-season contract extension."

You may recall that earlier in the offseason, relations between the team and the agent were rather contentious. Taylor’s agent, Adisa Bakari, ran the gamut from making misleading comparisons to pinning the team’s failures on defense and coaching. While nothing he said was necessarily incorrect, it’s not a great idea to start negotiations by telling the GM that everything else he’s done has been awful.

YardRat
06-22-2016, 03:06 PM
If it's mid-season it's because he's playing well and the team will have to pony up top dollars.

EDS
06-22-2016, 03:31 PM
Hey, it worked out with Fitz . . .

Skooby
06-22-2016, 04:15 PM
First thing I thought of, lol.

Mace
06-22-2016, 04:25 PM
I want Taylor to work out, I really do. I really think he might if he can stay healthy, can get plays off quicker and develop his reads as it goes, he might well do so.

It just makes me queasy to invest big bucks without a bigger body of work, like 16 full games straight through and a winning record.

For that matter, it would probably make me queasy anyway after watching teams flail around with money problems trying to support their freshly extended high priced QB's. I wince at Brees' upcoming extension (like he didn't learn with the last one), at Flacco's cap number, argue with myself over what I'd even be willing to pay Luck to extend him if I were Irsay (I always win), Osweiler's contract with the Texans.

For all the gripes about not having a QB, nowadays, when you commit, you COMMIT. There's also a peculiar satisfaction with not being stuck with someone who's just good enough and just not good enough to stick yourself with for years (say....Cutler ) because you always feel a need for one more year of maybe that might be.

I'm escared.

Victor7
06-22-2016, 04:34 PM
No mid season !!! I mean unless he's on an absolute tear this make no sense. Let him play out the season to have more info on where he's at as a QB before creaming our pants early.

Night Train
06-22-2016, 04:49 PM
I have no opinion on when and if he gets his big $ here...but I do know he works his backside off and he's far more worth the gamble than a CB like Gilmore, who is easily replaced in the next draft.

SpikedLemonade
06-23-2016, 03:15 AM
No mid season !!! I mean unless he's on an absolute tear this make no sense. Let him play out the season to have more info on where he's at as a QB before creaming our pants early.

I am with you 100% on this one amigo.

swiper
06-23-2016, 03:57 AM

Like Fitzpatrick - anyone can play well in good September weather. Can he play like that in December though?

Luisito23
06-23-2016, 04:34 AM
Don't be stupid (yet again)...but, you know they will...:hurt:

Forward_Lateral
06-23-2016, 05:00 AM
This is a no win situation for the Bills. If Taylor is lighting it up, he's not going to want to sign an extension during the season, unless it's for a ton of $$$. If he's stinking it up, why would the Bills want to offer one?

If you let the season play out, and Tyrod has another good season the worst case scenario is you have to use a Franchise Tag on him if you can't come to a contract agreement. Might not be the most ideal situation, but I think it's the best option of the 3.

Mahdi
06-23-2016, 06:02 AM
The major question for Taylor above all else will be, can he win with his arm?

If Taylor constantly has to bail himself out with his legs then I don't think he would be a wise investment because he will get hurt eventually and even if he doesn't its been proven that running QBs don't have success long-term.

Russell Wilson is a QB who has mastered the correct balance. He uses his legs often enough to keep defenses aware of it and also uses it only when its a fairly safe route to the sideline.

If Taylor continues his development as a pocket passer he can be close to what Wilson is.

Joe Fo Sho
06-23-2016, 06:13 AM
I'll be on board with this if we beat the Ravens, Jets, Cardinals, Patriots twice, Dolphins and the Seahawks before our bye week. So long as he's a significant contributing factor to those wins. Otherwise, wait until the season is over and evaluate his body of work over the past 2 years.

mdcas22
06-26-2016, 05:53 AM
I think the Bill's fan base has TT much higher than the rest of the NFL, I've noticed that the NFL players voted there top 100 players and I don't see TT any where, Unless TT throws for 30 TD's and around 15 INTs he will not be getting a huge contract from any team never the less BuffaloBills. I hope I'm wrong about the guy but think that what we seen last year is all he has to offer, if he is asked to throw 35-45 times a game were in trouble but if he only throws 15-25 times kinda like he did last year his numbers will be identical to what they were in 2015 and that won't be good enough, all in on Chad Kelly in my eyes if thats the case.

Historian
06-26-2016, 08:05 AM
I think they need to sign him. He will be in the second year of this system.

Besides, there is NOBODY else.

Generalissimus Gibby
06-26-2016, 09:23 AM

I can see it now, Bills start 4-0, Taylor gets a fat contract and then by week 10 he is injured and the Bills make it seventeen