Voting open for classic Bills games on youtube ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mace
    Haha...yeah you think so ?
    • Mar 2013

Voting open for classic Bills games on youtube ....

Article via Rumblings : http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2016...mes-on-youtube

Poll on Bills facebook page : https://www.facebook.com/BuffaloBill...54063432040659

I'd have to say 1 (rolling the Raiders), 3 (comeback game), and 5 (no punt vs. SF) from that list.
  • sudzy
    • Apr 2013

Re: Voting open for classic Bills games on youtube ....

The Raiders game and the comeback are my top 2 Bills games. But, my favorite Bills play of all time wasn't even a scoring play. It was Thurman running over Bryan Cox for a 1st down to ice the AFC Championship game.

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
      My battery is low and it's getting dark.
      • Apr 2004

Originally posted by sudzy View Post
      The Raiders game and the comeback are my top 2 Bills games. But, my favorite Bills play of all time wasn't even a scoring play. It was Thurman running over Bryan Cox for a 1st down to ice the AFC Championship game.
      Anyone have a video of that play?

Comment

• Historian
        2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
        • Dec 2002

Classic?

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
          Making Spirits Bright
          • Mar 2006

Originally posted by ParanoidAndroid View Post
          Anyone have a video of that play?
          I don't think that was from the AFC Championship game. The video below is the week 16 highlight from the 1993 season. The play in question I think starts at the 3:11 mark.

Here's a link to the highlights from the 1992 AFC Championship game. We won that game pretty soundly, 29-10. You can only insert 1 video per reply, so this is just a link.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
            My battery is low and it's getting dark.
            • Apr 2004

I love that Levy owned Shula and I love how many times we knocked Dan Marino out of the playoffs.

Comment

• YardRat
              Well, lookie here...
              • Dec 2004

YardRat Wall of Fame
              #56 DARRYL TALLEY
              #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• bleve
                • Mar 2005

I'd have to go with:

1990 Championship Game - Birth to first ever SB. Howie Long gasping for air telling Jim Kelly to slow down.

The Comeback.

The 1994 Championship Game - The whole country was pissed the Bills were going back.

Those were the days...
                Last edited by bleve; 06-26-2016, 12:23 PM.
                "You can't be a real country unless you have beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need beer."
                ~ Frank Zappa

Comment

• bleve
                  • Mar 2005

Originally posted by ParanoidAndroid View Post
                  I love that Levy owned Shula and I love how many times we knocked Dan Marino out of the playoffs.
                  I love when we beat Miami in any era...

"You can't be a real country unless you have beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need beer."
                  ~ Frank Zappa

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                    Peterman Sucks!
                    • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Historian View Post
                    Classic?

You know as well as I do "classic" means only stuff that happened since the 90s.

No one cares about 1970s football anymore, that's ancient history.

Comment

• Mace
                      Haha...yeah you think so ?
                      • Mar 2013

Originally posted by Mr. Pink View Post
                      You know as well as I do "classic" means only stuff that happened since the 90s.

No one cares about 1970s football anymore, that's ancient history.
                      Even the two 1960's championships would be fun to see, but if I'm not mistaken, I think the old games have to be reprocessed. Last I remember reading NFL films was in the process of doing that with 100 years of game footage. Might be they just don't have all of the footage available yet for certain timeframes.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                        Peterman Sucks!
                        • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Mace View Post
                        Even the two 1960's championships would be fun to see, but if I'm not mistaken, I think the old games have to be reprocessed. Last I remember reading NFL films was in the process of doing that with 100 years of game footage. Might be they just don't have all of the footage available yet for certain timeframes.
                        That very well could be the case.

It would be fun to even see the game that OJ broke 2000 yards.

Thing is any time the NFL does anything like this or acknowledges its past or does top player list, it's like 1970s and prior football for the most part, is unimportant or doesn't matter.

Comment

• Gibby
                          Power & Authority Demand Responsibility to the common good, and must never be abused.
                          • Jun 2006

Good list, but I would also want to see:

1966, Bills 58 Fish 24

1964 and 1965 AFL title games

Yes I know he proved to be a complete scumbag off the field, but how about the 1973 game against the Jests where OJ got over the 2000 yard mark

Patriots at Bills 2003

How about Kay Stephenson's win at Miami 1983 where we ended the streak against them there

How about the 1980 opener when the Bills snapped the Fish win streak

Oh and the 1995 game where we won the division title

and the Bills last playoff win when we got nearly 400 yards rushing against Miami

Comment

• YardRat
                            Well, lookie here...
                            • Dec 2004

I'd like to see the AFL Title games.
                            I remember watching OJ top 2000 against the Jets, but IMO that's a classic moment, not necessarily a classic game.
                            I was at the Miami game when the streak was broken, that is DEFINITELY on the list.
                            YardRat Wall of Fame
                            #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                            #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Gibby
                              Power & Authority Demand Responsibility to the common good, and must never be abused.
                              • Jun 2006

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
                              I'd like to see the AFL Title games.
                              I remember watching OJ top 2000 against the Jets, but IMO that's a classic moment, not necessarily a classic game.
                              I was at the Miami game when the streak was broken, that is DEFINITELY on the list.
                              On grass, snow beginning to flurry, two hundred yard performance in late December, sans competing for a playoff spot that is what football in December should be.

Comment

Working...
                              X