30.New Orleans

31.Detroit

32.Houston

AFC East Rankings

1.Buffalo
2.NY Jets
3.New England
4.Miami

I am starting to get nervous. This idea that the Bills offensive line is about to make a big step is more than just wishful thinking by us. I hope these guys don't let us down...

ublinkwescore
07-25-2003, 09:56 PM
Next year, we'll be on top of that list - or at least top 3.

How in the hell did St. Louis get #1 - they would have forced RJ to retire.

Halbert
07-26-2003, 12:22 AM
After being arguably the worst in Bills history two years ago, number 7 is pretty impressive.

Shiny Chicken
07-26-2003, 12:44 AM
I must agree with Halbert

WG
07-26-2003, 01:36 AM
Not only that, we're clearly movin' up as ublink suggests!

I'm tellin' ya, we'll be in the top 3 by year's end...

BillsFever
07-26-2003, 01:51 AM
Originally posted by Halbert
After being arguably the worst in Bills history two years ago, number 7 is pretty impressive.

Worst in Bills history? That might've been the worst in the history of the NFL.

Are any of them scrubs like John Carmen, Corey Hulsey, and Kris Farris even on a team anymore? What a group of guys put together there.

WG
07-26-2003, 01:55 AM
What about Os and Fina?

Os was the walking wounded geriatric and Fina was the walking turnstyle!

Funny tho, this from some of those who poo-poo'd Brown's only playing time while being extremely critical in spite of a halfway decent performance nonetheless.

;)

BillsFever
07-26-2003, 01:56 AM
Originally posted by Wys Guy
What about Os and Fina?

Os was the walking wounded geriatric and Fina was the walking turnstyle!

Funny tho, this from some of those who poo-poo'd Brown's only playing time while being extremely critical in spite of a halfway decent performance nonetheless.

;)

I didn't mention them because they were barely on the field :snicker:

WG
07-26-2003, 02:29 AM
Os was on quite a bit that year! So was Fina!

It was towards the end of the season more. RJ had to play w/ the scrubs. VP did little more w/ returns from injuries.

BillsFever
07-26-2003, 02:34 AM
Os was on quite a bit that year! So was Fina!

Ostroski hurt his knee when Henry rolled into him, and missed most of 2001 season. He came back later in the year and looked like a pile of crap.

Fina was always on and off the field. That's why we had Kris Farris and John Carmen as our starters for a good chunk of the games.

Jennings also got injured that year. We had to take John Carmen off the practice squad.

That line made me wanna :puke:

Remember when our line looked like this?

Farris, Brown, Conaty, Hulsey, Carmen

Can it get any worse then that? Just think if Brown wouldn't have been in there... :eek:

WG
07-26-2003, 02:36 AM
Oh, I agree. But they did get plenty of playing time. I can find the links for you to the NFL.com game summaries. They list the starting lineups and the substitutions.

I agree though, it was a rotating patchwork of a line all season. Which made me wonder why everyone was so hard on RJ. I agree he had issues, but to evaluate him for the future based on that OL was wrong. Bledsoe would have gotten killed behind that OL as would most QBs.

BillsFever
07-26-2003, 02:38 AM
Oh, I agree. But they did get plenty of playing time. I can find the links for you to the NFL.com game summaries. They list the starting lineups and the substitutions.

I agree though, it was a rotating patchwork of a line all season. Which made me wonder why everyone was so hard on RJ. I agree he had issues, but to evaluate him for the future based on that OL was wrong. Bledsoe would have gotten killed behind that OL as would most QBs.

WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

Doug Flutie would've won us the Super Bowl :madcurse:

MDFINFAN
07-26-2003, 02:28 PM
Something's wrong with this list, how can Miami's OL be so low, they only sported the #1 rusher, allowed only 25 sacks, and are all back. Last year was their first year in Norv's O, and now they have more time in it and are only considered 23rd..Hmmm I don't think I would put too much stock in this review..Don't get me wrong, I don't think we have the #1 line or even a top 5, but I think we have a better OL than 23rd is all.

WG
07-26-2003, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by BillsFever

WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

Doug Flutie would've won us the Super Bowl :madcurse:

Naturally!

Flutie and Drew in '04!!!

The bumper sticker will read:

"Flew '04"

BillsFever
07-26-2003, 02:42 PM
I hope everybody knows I'm kidding about Flutie :lol:

baalworship
07-26-2003, 05:43 PM
The rankings are for 2003, not 2002. I actually ranked the AFC East EXACTLY the same as the person at FF Index before this came out.

AFC East

Buffalo

NY Jets

NE Patriots

Miami

From what I saw of Miami, they will have problems in pass-protection this year. The rushing yards came from a conservative offense and a great running back. Dolphin fans that were happy with the pass-protection for Lucas need to relook at the film for the Buffalo games. Miami's line made Chid Ahonotu, Newman & Friends look like all-stars.

23? I don't know. But Miami probably has the least talent on their line in the AFC East.

John Doe
07-26-2003, 06:18 PM
A big chunk of Williams' yardage came at the expense of a very poor Bills defense. With the upgrades we made this off-season the Miami offensive line will be exposed as being below average.

Tatonka
07-26-2003, 08:44 PM
ST louis is definately NOT the best.. not by a long shot.. they dont even have pace signed and his is not even close to signing.. even with him.. there is not way.

ublinkwescore
07-26-2003, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by MDFINFAN
Something's wrong with this list, how can Miami's OL be so low, they only sported the #1 rusher, allowed only 25 sacks, and are all back. Last year was their first year in Norv's O, and now they have more time in it and are only considered 23rd..Hmmm I don't think I would put too much stock in this review..Don't get me wrong, I don't think we have the #1 line or even a top 5, but I think we have a better OL than 23rd is all.

As soon as I saw St. Lowsy was ranked #1 - I automatically took it with a grain of salt.