• Show
Clear All
  • swiper
    Legendary Zoner
    • Sep 2010

WGR: The best individual seasons during the Bills playoff drought

The best individual seasons during the Bills playoff drought

5) QB Drew Bledsoe, 2002 (14)

Bledoe’s first year in Buffalo was an offensive explosion for the Bills at the start. Through the first six games the team averaged over 32 points per game, scoring less than 31 only once
    Remember thinking "finally a decent replacement for Jim Kelly."
    Last edited by swiper; 06-29-2016, 03:29 AM.
  • Topas
    German smartass
    • Feb 2014

Re: WGR: The best individual seasons during the Bills playoff drought

Yes, I remember it. Bellicheat not only beat us on the field, also in the management. What else is new ... :-(

Comment

• Mr. Pink
      Peterman Sucks!
      • Mar 2006

Bledsoe is still the best QB this team has had since Kelly.

Don't understand the hate the guy gets around here from some people.

And, at that time, I was one who thought instead of trading for Bledsoe they should have just signed Jeff Blake.

Comment

• sukie
        Seriously?
        • Sep 2012

Originally posted by Mr. Pink View Post

And, at that time, I was one who thought instead of trading for Bledsoe they should have just signed Jeff Blake.
        The Pittsburgh 3rd stringers game

Comment

• Mr. Pink
          Peterman Sucks!
          • Mar 2006

Originally posted by sukie View Post
          The Pittsburgh 3rd stringers game
          The defense folded like a cheap suit in that game.

Third stringer Willie Parker ran for over 5 yards a carry that game.

Comment

• trapezeus
            Legendary Zoner
            • Oct 2004

Bledsoe turned the momentum of the game. at that point, we all kept saying he was a statue and held the ball too long. and he did it when we still had the game in our control. he got hit, fumbled and the play resulted in a TD for PITT. that's on Bledsoe and that had been his knock before buffalo and became painfully clear to us when he was on our team. he was a nice guy, but he didn't have it.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
              Peterman Sucks!
              • Mar 2006

Originally posted by trapezeus View Post
              Bledsoe turned the momentum of the game. at that point, we all kept saying he was a statue and held the ball too long. and he did it when we still had the game in our control. he got hit, fumbled and the play resulted in a TD for PITT. that's on Bledsoe and that had been his knock before buffalo and became painfully clear to us when he was on our team. he was a nice guy, but he didn't have it.
              I dunno if I'd say the game was in control, the Bills were losing at the time of that fumble.

Lindell missed a FG the previous drive.

What really iced that game for Pittsburgh was a 9 minute drive in the 4th quarter that ended with a FG.

Comment

• Ginger Vitis
                • Feb 2009

That game against the steelers.. I think the momentum changed when the bills were ahead 17-16 and Rian Lindell missed a 28 yard field goal with 2 minutes left in the 3rd quarter... I was at that game and you could feel the air being sucked out of the stadium when that happened

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                  Peterman Sucks!
                  • Mar 2006

Don't tell Coastal what the number 1 is.

Comment

• feldspar
                    • Mar 2007

What can you say?

The best Buffalo Bills season in 16 years ended in one of the most heartbreaking ways imaginable, losing to the Steelers' scrubs and missing the playoffs that way. That was the "best season" this century. Then again, it might just have been the worst as well...depends on how you look at it, I suppose.

Comment

• Ginger Vitis
                      • Feb 2009

This site is saying the 2004 bills were the greatest team not too make the playoffs between 2001 and the end of the 2010 season... the average score of the 6 game winning streak they went on was 38-15 but it was against one crappy team after another.. San Francisco..Miami... Cleveland were the 3 worst teams that year...
                      Last edited by Ginger Vitis; 06-29-2016, 11:35 AM.

Comment

• Zero
                        Primary Objective: Buffalo Bills- Super Bowl Champs
                        • Oct 2004

Originally posted by Mr. Pink View Post

x1000

Glad somebody said it. I've never understood why Bledsoe gets bashed as much as he does. Its a given that his game had plenty of warts (stood in the pocket too long, immobile, poor decision maker at times) but he had plenty of good games for us and would have got us into the playoffs were it not for a complete team collapse against the Steeler's B-team in the last game of the season. Correct me if I'm wrong but was that not the closest the Bills have been to sniffing playoffs during "the Drought"?

He was a class guy before, during and after his tenure with the Bills. Ultra competetive and tough as nails (played through a ruptued spleen)- they definitely don't make QB's like him anymore. Was active in the community to boot.

I know I'm coming across like I'm related to the guy (which I'm not) but I'm just genuinely perplexed by the hate.

Comment

• Ginger Vitis
                          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Zero View Post
                          Correct me if I'm wrong but was that not the closest the Bills have been to sniffing playoffs during "the Drought"?

You 're correct

Comment

• Ginger Vitis
                            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Zero View Post
                            x1000

Glad somebody said it. I've never understood why Bledsoe gets bashed as much as he does.

Because he wasn't that far removed from the Kelly years..... BIlls fans had very high standards in regards to a QB... And now we have lowered our standards... After watching the very mediocre and pedestrian QB play the last 12 years in hindsight like Mr Pink said Bledsoe was the best QB the bills have had since Kelly

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
                              Making Spirits Bright
                              • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Ginger Vitis View Post
                              Because he wasn't that far removed from the Kelly years..... BIlls fans had very high standards in regards to a QB... And now we have lowered our standards... After watching the very mediocre and pedestrian QB play the last 12 years in hindsight like Mr Pink said Bledsoe was the best QB the bills have had since Kelly
                              I've also heard people argue that the Bills shouldn't get credit for trading for him because he was too old (at 29) to be our long term QB. They don't think it was a valid attempt by the team to get a QB worth a darn.

The guy had probably his best career season in his first year with us, which no one remembers because of the collapse during week 17.

Comment

Working...
                              X