• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • stuckincincy
    Buffalo Bills Fan
    • Sep 2003

Pundit ranks top D-Lines - Buf at #11

Ranking the top 12 defensive lines in the NFL
    By Gregg Rosenthal Around The NFL Editor Published: June 29, 2016 at 06:26 p.m. Updated: June 30, 2016 at 11:27 a.m.

BUF at the #11 spot - not bad, considering question marks about Kyle Williams and potentially two rookie DL starters...

Which lines will thrive in 2016? Gregg Rosenthal runs through his list of the top defensive lines in the NFL. Do the Rams, Bengals, Jets, or Giants wind up on top?

BTW, NYJ's DT Richardson will sit out the opener for violation the personal conduct policy:

Jets defensive lineman Sheldon Richardson has been suspended for the first game of the 2016 regular season for violating the NFL Personal Conduct Policy.
    Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.
  • cookie G
    • Mar 2003

Re: Pundit ranks top D-Lines - Buf at #11

They probably dropped 10 spots in one year.

Rex is a genius.

Comment

• stuckincincy
      Buffalo Bills Fan
      • Sep 2003

Originally posted by cookie G View Post
      They probably dropped 10 spots in one year.

Rex is a genius.
      Water over the "damn", so to speak. I do think they really sold out for the pass rush in 2014, though.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
        Skoobasaurus-Rex
        • Oct 2011

Originally posted by stuckincincy View Post
        Ranking the top 12 defensive lines in the NFL
        By Gregg Rosenthal Around The NFL Editor Published: June 29, 2016 at 06:26 p.m. Updated: June 30, 2016 at 11:27 a.m.

BUF at the #11 spot - not bad, considering question marks about Kyle Williams and potentially two rookie DL starters...

Which lines will thrive in 2016? Gregg Rosenthal runs through his list of the top defensive lines in the NFL. Do the Rams, Bengals, Jets, or Giants wind up on top?

BTW, NYJ's DT Richardson will sit out the opener for violation the personal conduct policy:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...ended-one-game
        Richardson missing the game isn't going to make Buffalo's O-line look worse.

Comment

• stuckincincy
          Buffalo Bills Fan
          • Sep 2003

Originally posted by MitchMurrayDowntown View Post
          Richardson missing the game isn't going to make Buffalo's O-line look worse.
          Well, you aren't normally one to miss the big picture.

NYJ minus Richardson vs. CIN = enhanced possibility for NYJ loss = enhanced possibility for BUF's good fortune. CIN beats NYJ, it's both a division loss and a conference loss for the Jets.

Having a rough day today?
          Last edited by stuckincincy; 07-01-2016, 02:35 PM.

Comment

• Mace
            Haha...yeah you think so ?
            • Mar 2013

I think this is the first time in years I can honestly say I have no idea how the defense is going to turn out. I'm more than a Ryan skeptic, I don't like him, and I think most offenses have solved his brand of D.

At the same time, I have an intangible, and maybe ultimately stupid (I admit it) feeling, that adding his terrible brother (who I like even less) might have helped something or offset some flaw, and with some new players to build his system around and a year of exp from some of the vets, it might turn out way better than I expect.

So yes, I'm saying he took a top D and made it middlin, added his brother, a terrible coach on his own, added some rookies who are going to be confused, to work with some ill equipped resentful vets to face offenses that I believe solved his defenses already, and it might turn out surprisingly better than expected, though I'm nearly sure it won't.

I'm conflicted.

Comment

• OpIv37
              Acid Douching Asswipe
              • Sep 2002

We were first in sacks in 2014 and second in 2013. One year of Rex Ryan, and we're the #11 DL. This is regression, not progress.
              MiKiDo Facebook
              MiKiDo Website

Comment

• LVGrown
                Vegas Growed
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
                We were first in sacks in 2014 and second in 2013. One year of Rex Ryan, and we're the #11 DL. This is regression, not progress.
                Where did #1 and #2 get us? Same place that 30 or whatever we finished did.

Comment

• Mouldsie
                  • Aug 2012

Marcel Dareus, the $100 million nose tackle

Comment

Working...
                  X