JATMtheJATM
07-01-2016, 08:51 AM
Joe yerdon just tweeted it too.

WagonCircler
07-01-2016, 09:16 AM
Love it! He has always killed us.

Mr. Pink
07-01-2016, 09:19 AM
I might be in the minority but I think Okposo is a better signing for the Sabres than Stamkos.

Okposo also provides some scoring, albeit not as much as Stamkos, but adds a physical presence that Stamkos doesn't really add.

And a top line of Eichel, ROR, Okposo is pretty intimidating.

Skooby
07-01-2016, 09:21 AM
Holy *****, where's the Leaf lickers now huh ??? How did Rainman do you F-ers ?? Lick my Sack you F-in Commies.

/ Rant.

JATMtheJATM
07-01-2016, 09:24 AM
Dude..... chill. Save it for IF vesey signs today (rumors he could)

Skooby
07-01-2016, 09:39 AM
As you know:
http://sabres.buffalonews.com/2016/07/01/vesey-agent-hope-meet-sabres-open-anything/

I'll be screaming for tea bagging then.

Ginger Vitis
07-01-2016, 09:48 AM
Okposo $42 million for 6 years? or is it 7

DraftBoy
07-01-2016, 09:49 AM
7 years per ESPN.

Skooby
07-01-2016, 09:52 AM
He's only 28 years old, man this is so great.

DetDannyWilliams
07-01-2016, 10:07 AM
hopefully this gets Moulson going...also Okoposo is the godfather of Moulson's kids

Jan Reimers
07-01-2016, 10:12 AM
hopefully this gets Moulson going...also Okoposo is the godfather of Moulson's kids

I think Moulson will be going. . . out of Buffalo.

Mr. Pink
07-01-2016, 10:14 AM
I think Moulson will be going. . . out of Buffalo.

I was gonna say this.

What purpose does Moulson serve on the Sabres anymore?

I know he can't be traded because no one is gonna want a 5 million dollar 4th liner and I'm unsure on how waivers would work with him if they tried to send him down to Rochester. Or what the buy out amount would be on him.

But there is no reason for him to be up on this team.

Ginger Vitis
07-01-2016, 10:14 AM
This is Craig Rivets top 3 lines

Reinhart..Eichel...Vesey
Kane... OReilly... Okposo
Ennis.. Girgensons... Bailey

WagonCircler
07-01-2016, 10:16 AM

Reinhart..Eichel...Vesey

I think Kane will be gone.

Skooby
07-01-2016, 10:20 AM

This. Kane is going to be moved, he's a DB.

Mr. Pink
07-01-2016, 10:21 AM

I would be completely shocked if Kane is gone.

It would make Murray and Pegula look completely foolish and stupid. They traded for a guy, giving up plenty of assets, that they knew was frankly a head case. To dump him after a season because, well, he's still a headcase doesn't make a whole lot of sense and would reflect badly upon their initial evaluation of him.

rbochan
07-01-2016, 10:23 AM
Kane and Moulson for a bag of pucks.
Get it done GM(TM)!

OpIv37
07-01-2016, 10:23 AM

Reinhart..Eichel...Vesey
Why would he put all the kids on the top line and the vets on the 2nd line?

Skooby
07-01-2016, 10:24 AM

It would make Murray and Pegula look completely foolish and stupid. They traded for a guy, giving up plenty of assets, that they knew was frankly a head case. To dump him after a season because, well, he's still a headcase doesn't make a whole lot of sense and would reflect badly upon their initial evaluation of him.

Kane is jailbait, he is a real Dumb*** and in the grand scheme of things needs to go. I can see several more negative events coming up over the summer & then it'll look brilliant on the management's part.

swiper
07-01-2016, 10:31 AM
Okposo $42 million for 6 years? or is it 7

OpIv37
07-01-2016, 10:38 AM
Since Kane's been a Sabre, he flaked on practice after the NBA all star game and he investigated for some sex charge that turned out to be nonsense. That's it.

Meanwhile, everyone hating on him seems to forget that ROR celebrated his contract with the Sabres by drunk driving through a Tim Horton's.

WagonCircler
07-01-2016, 10:46 AM

It would make Murray and Pegula look completely foolish and stupid.

That ship has sailed, regarding Kane.

What would make them look even more foolish and stupid would be the inevitable next time this happens.

chernobylwraiths
07-01-2016, 10:48 AM
Since Kane's been a Sabre, he flaked on practice after the NBA all star game and he investigated for some sex charge that turned out to be nonsense. That's it.

Meanwhile, everyone hating on him seems to forget that ROR celebrated his contract with the Sabres by drunk driving through a Tim Horton's.

Are you trying to say that a drunk driving charge is MUCH bigger than a possible rape or at the least a sexual misconduct charge?

JATMtheJATM
07-01-2016, 10:49 AM
Are you trying to say that a drunk driving charge is MUCH bigger than a possible rape or at the least a sexual misconduct charge?

I think he means the incident from last summer which turned out to be a fat nothing.

As far as this incident goes, it's ugly

OpIv37
07-01-2016, 10:52 AM
I'm saying the charge doesn't matter because it turned out to be false. If it were true, of course it would be a bigger deal.

I'm not one of those people who thinks athletes have to be saints and role models. I'm just pointing out that Kane is getting a lot of hate when O'Reilly did something worse and no one seems to give a ****.

Personally, I think it's racism....against O'Reilly. People don't care cuz they see his Irish last name and just assume he's getting a DUI at some point.

Skooby
07-01-2016, 11:07 AM
I'm saying the charge doesn't matter because it turned out to be false. If it were true, of course it would be a bigger deal.

I'm not one of those people who thinks athletes have to be saints and role models. I'm just pointing out that Kane is getting a lot of hate when O'Reilly did something worse and no one seems to give a ****.

Personally, I think it's racism....against O'Reilly. People don't care cuz they see his Irish last name and just assume he's getting a DUI at some point.

This looks like a problem, like it might stick. It's in perpetuity that these things keep coming up as well but hey maybe he can get off everytime right ??

swiper
07-01-2016, 11:14 AM
Mitch stop using such big words.

Mr. Pink
07-01-2016, 11:17 AM
That ship has sailed, regarding Kane.

What would make them look even more foolish and stupid would be the inevitable next time this happens.

No it looks even worse giving up on him after one year and dumping him now when his value is low, especially when they should have known what they were signing up for when they traded for him to begin with.

Skooby
07-01-2016, 11:40 AM
No it looks even worse giving up on him after one year and dumping him now when his value is low, especially when they should have known what they were signing up for when they traded for him to begin with.

There's a difference between giving up and doing what's best for the team, this dude is not going to change and there's a better than average chance he gets himself suspended. We took a chance on him based on new scenery, he still is the same deal. Unless he finds God or comes to Jesus and says likewise, you shop him out of town.

Mr. Pink
07-01-2016, 11:54 AM
There's a difference between giving up and doing what's best for the team, this dude is not going to change and there's a better than average chance he gets himself suspended. We took a chance on him based on new scenery, he still is the same deal. Unless he finds God or comes to Jesus and says likewise, you shop him out of town.

Nah, you hold on to him for another season or two and see if he can right the ship, if he can't then you dump him. You look stupid as an organization just giving up on him after one year and make people wonder why you even bothered getting him in the first place.

The real lesson to take is don't trade for guys who are headcases in the future.

DraftBoy
07-01-2016, 11:57 AM
Not to get away from the Kane talk, but does anybody have any opinion on the Okpaso numbers?

I know some claimed he would be overpaid, it's a 6 per year average overpaying for him?

OpIv37
07-01-2016, 11:58 AM
His value is low right now. For what we'd get in return, it's worth taking the risk that he won't **** up again.

OpIv37
07-01-2016, 12:00 PM
Not to get away from the Kane talk, but does anybody have any opinion on the Okpaso numbers?

I know some claimed he would be overpaid, it's a 6 per year average overpaying for him?
He's a top six forward. 20+ goal guy but he gets a lot of assists. Seems like going rate these days. If they overpaid, it certainly wasn't egregious.

Skooby
07-01-2016, 12:40 PM
He's a top six forward. 20+ goal guy but he gets a lot of assists. Seems like going rate these days. If they overpaid, it certainly wasn't egregious.

Since OP said this, we stole him.

WagonCircler
07-01-2016, 12:57 PM
Since Kane's been a Sabre, he flaked on practice after the NBA all star game and he investigated for some sex charge that turned out to be nonsense. That's it..

Here's what I think the difference is between the previous accusation and this one: This incident happened in public, and in a part of town where there are not just plenty of surveillance cameras, but even more Millennials with phones that take video.

If he really did throttle a woman--he's a goner.

Skooby
07-01-2016, 01:40 PM
Here's what I think the difference is between the previous accusation and this one: This incident happened in public, and in a part of town where there are not just plenty of surveillance cameras, but even more Millennials with phones that take video.

There's a chance of a conduct clause and us getting rid of him without obligations, not sure the mechanisms but there's something.

mightysimi
07-01-2016, 02:34 PM
Lots of assists because Tavares was on the ice. I suppose he could have the same effect with Eichel but Eichel is not Tavares yet. I was worried when I heard Winnipeg wanted him because I am always skeptical of guys who play with top notch players. 20 goals/60+pts is not terrible though. Just have to hope he can continue to produce without JT.

YardRat
07-01-2016, 03:01 PM
I like Lecter's Plan B better.
That being said, the contract for Okposo is probably market value, so it's not an 'OMG! We paid WHAT?!' scenario.
Keep Kane...he's young, he'll mature, and I'd hate to re-live (sorry for a Bill's reference in a Sabres thread) a Marshawn-type trade (and results).

JATMtheJATM
07-01-2016, 03:08 PM
Lots of assists because Tavares was on the ice. I suppose he could have the same effect with Eichel but Eichel is not Tavares yet. I was worried when I heard Winnipeg wanted him because I am always skeptical of guys who play with top notch players. 20 goals/60+pts is not terrible though. Just have to hope he can continue to produce without JT.

He played more with Nielson. Didn't play with Tavares as much.

OpIv37
07-01-2016, 04:08 PM

Two things:
First, if there's video, why don't we know about it yet, especially if there are multiple videos?

Second, from what I read, he's accused of following a woman and grabbing her by the arm or shoulder. Don't get me wrong- that's terrible behavior. But it's a far cry from "throttling" a woman.

I have a hard time believing that there's video of an NHL player "throttling" a woman from weeks ago and nothing has happened. No news stories, no public release of the video, no charges filed.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, the Sabres have some guys who can score as well.

OpIv37
07-01-2016, 04:09 PM
I like Lecter's Plan B better.
That being said, the contract for Okposo is probably market value, so it's not an 'OMG! We paid WHAT?!' scenario.
Keep Kane...he's young, he'll mature, and I'd hate to re-live (sorry for a Bill's reference in a Sabres thread) a Marshawn-type trade (and results).

Pretty sure the team could still afford Lecter's scenario if they wanted.

mightysimi
07-01-2016, 04:57 PM
He played more with Nielson. Didn't play with Tavares as much.

Really? Granted I don't get as many eastern conference games but every time I saw him he was with Tavares. If not, that is good news for you guys.

Skooby
07-01-2016, 05:46 PM
Really? Granted I don't get as many eastern conference games but every time I saw him he was with Tavares. If not, that is good news for you guys.

He will have more assists than goals, I'd expect ~55 points with ~20 goals.

OpIv37
07-01-2016, 05:54 PM
He will have more assists than goals, I'd expect ~55 points with ~20 goals.

That's about his going rate. He doesn't need to score 30 if he puts up 20 and 50-60 assists. Career, he's a .88 point per game player and those numbers are consistent with that.

ckg927
07-02-2016, 02:02 AM
Couple of notes:

First, the deal's front-loaded; Okposo will be paid $8M/season for the first 2. The middle 3 years, it'll be $6M/season. And $4M/season for the last 2(as per John Vogl of the News.)

Second, the chance to win a Cup in Buffalo sold Okposo on the Sabres...

http://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/1053372-chance-to-win-stanley-cup-sold-okposo-on-sabres

ckg927
07-02-2016, 02:05 AM
Just one more thing: Tim Murray basically told Evander Kane to grow the hell up...

http://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/1053400-sabres.gm-murray-unhappy-with-kane-s-latest-legal-trouble

gebobs
07-02-2016, 05:29 AM

Signing Okposo sends a clear message to Vesey. The Sabres are in to win.

JATMtheJATM
07-02-2016, 08:41 AM

Any coincidence that vesey is warming up to buffalo very strongly now?

Skooby
07-02-2016, 12:19 PM
Any coincidence that vesey is warming up to buffalo very strongly now?

We are fielding a very talented team.

ckg927
07-02-2016, 12:50 PM

And it should send a clear message to the rest of the NHL: The rebuild is over. Buffalo is ready to take care of business.

JATMtheJATM
07-02-2016, 01:32 PM
We are fielding a very talented team.

The sabres have about as talented of a group of forwards in the NHL as anyone. Get some depth at D. and a good backup...

WagonCircler
07-03-2016, 01:47 PM
Two things:
First, if there's video, why don't we know about it yet, especially if there are multiple videos?

We didn't see the Ray Rice video for months.

Second, from what I've read, he grabbed her by the throat to shove her into a car.

I'm not even taking a side on whether it's true or not. All I'm saying is that if it is true, it's a way different situation than his last accuser.

But what all of this adds up to is a careless, immature player who regularly shows terrible judgement and puts himself in situations where this type of thing will keep occurring.

Here's a guy who was forced out of his last team under dubious circumstances (within his own locker room) who made a really stupid decision to party it up in Toronto and miss practice with his new team. Yet, despite being paid millions, he takes paid gigs at bars in a district famous for exactly the type of trouble he should be staying away from.

I was thrilled when we traded for him. Now I just want the Sabres to get whatever they can for him before his stupidity claims what's left of his trade value.

JATMtheJATM
07-03-2016, 01:52 PM
We didn't see the Ray Rice video for months.

Second, from what I've read, he grabbed her by the throat to shove her into a car.

I'm not even taking a side on whether it's true or not. All I'm saying is that if it is true, it's a way different situation than his last accuser.

But what all of this adds up to is a careless, immature player who regularly shows terrible judgement and puts himself in situations where this type of thing will keep occurring.

Here's a guy who was forced out of his last team under dubious circumstances (within his own locker room) who made a really stupid decision to party it up in Toronto and miss practice with his new team. Yet, despite being paid millions, he takes paid gigs at bars in a district famous for exactly the type of trouble he should be staying away from.

I was thrilled when we traded for him. Now I just want the Sabres to get whatever they can for him before his stupidity claims what's left of his trade value.

His last accuser was not the woman though. She never once, from what I've read, suggested kane did anything wrong.

WagonCircler
07-03-2016, 01:56 PM
http://wivb.com/2016/06/27/buffalo-police-release-details-on-crime-reports-filed-against-sabres-evander-kane/

Crime reports from two women were filed against Kane, according to sources. Police released the reports on Monday afternoon, detailing what Kane was accused of.

In one complaint, one of the woman told police Kane threatened and made derogatory comments about her. While outside, the complainant stated that Kane grabbed her throat and “tried pushing her into his car.”

The second report, filed by another woman, says Kane grabbed the second woman by her arms and tried to force her out of the bar.

WagonCircler
07-03-2016, 02:02 PM
His last accuser was not the woman though. She never once, from what I've read, suggested kane did anything wrong.

I'm not sure what you mean by that.

If she claimed he never did anything wrong, she wouldn't be an accuser.

JATMtheJATM
07-03-2016, 02:09 PM
I'm not sure what you mean by that.

If she claimed he never did anything wrong, she wouldn't be an accuser.

I'm just saying, it was the hospital cause when she came in, she wasnt sure what happened. Hence why the investigation turned up nothing

I agree with you on this though. I liked kane when he came over. Now? Trade if ya can

DetDannyWilliams
07-07-2016, 02:58 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Newest Sabre cracks a smile with our GM.<br><br>Watch his introductory press conference: <a href="https://t.co/BXq8S7yGFh">https://t.co/BXq8S7yGFh</a> <a href="https://t.co/RIsE1fDBNs">pic.twitter.com/RIsE1fDBNs</a></p>&mdash; Buffalo Sabres (@BuffaloSabres) <a href="https://twitter.com/BuffaloSabres/status/751098259863703552">July 7, 2016</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Mr. Pink
07-11-2016, 02:05 PM
Okposo's a pretty classy dude and a player to look forward to playing here.

http://www.theplayerstribune.com/kyle-okposo-nhl-thank-you-long-island/

Letter is more Islanders related but does end with Sabres talk.

"The next chapter in my life begins now. I’m not the same 19-year-old kid I was when I stepped into the arena at Harbor Yard in Bridgeport, and thankfully I don’t have the same haircut. I’ll be bringing my family to Buffalo and I’m so excited to put some roots down in the 716. I’m looking forward to getting involved in the community and having my kids grow up in Western New York.

The Sabres are a great organization and I couldn’t be happier. All I want to do is give the city a Stanley Cup. I’m excited for the journey and the challenge. I’ll see you all in October.

Let’s get it, Buffalo."