PDA

View Full Version : Making the Leap: Bills CB Ronald Darby

MidnightVoice
07-08-2016, 11:47 AM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000673504/article/making-the-leap-bills-cb-ronald-darby

The NFL is a sink-or-swim league.

Buffalo Bills corner Ronald Darby swam from Day 1 of his pro career last season, like a shark fully comfortable in the deep, dark NFL waters.

At a position notoriously rough on rookies, Darby displayed the tenacity and mental aptitude not only to play in a Rex Ryan defense that demands a lot from cornerbacks, but to become one of the NFL's upper-echelon defensive backs in short order. ............

As a rookie, Darby ranked just outside the top corners in the NFL. In Year 2, he'll nudge his name further into the national conversation.

Darby was the bright spot on a disappointing Bills defense in 2015. Imagine what he might do if Buffalo generates an actual pass rush in 2016.

I expect quarterbacks to start looking elsewhere to throw the ball, negating some of Darby's chances to make plays. His passes defensed totals (he had 21 in 2015, fifth-most in the NFL) could take a dip, but his impact will take a leap. Darby should be touted as one of the next up-and-comers at corner and could earn his first Pro Bowl nod. He and Gilmore also will push for the honor of top corner tandem in the NFL by the year's end.

Mace
07-08-2016, 06:12 PM
Good stuff.

The Jokeman
07-08-2016, 07:36 PM
Sink or swim in second year? Way too high expectations.

Mace
07-08-2016, 09:01 PM
Sink or swim in second year? Way too high expectations.

If you read anything past that, Darby is making the leap ? The NFL IS a sink or swim league ? That's sort of the only time it was mentioned. Read the link maybe.

Night Train
07-09-2016, 07:11 AM
Off-season happy talk. It's an article.

I don't need anyone telling me the obvious. Darby is very good and was a great pick in the 2nd round.

Skooby
07-11-2016, 09:56 PM
If Darby plays any better this season versus last, we will win more games.