PDA

View Full Version : TOO THE TYROD PEOPLE THINKING HE IS THE ANSWER...

mdcas22
07-09-2016, 04:28 PM
I'm asking the question to all these people that think TT had such a great year last year and is the answer going forward, it doesn't bother ya'll that TT didn't crack the top 100 voted by his peer's? It bothers me because if he is clearly gonna demand 15 - 20 million a year you would think he would at least be in the 100's.

here's the list if you haven't seen it yet.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NFL_Top_100_Players_of_2016

TacklingDummy
07-09-2016, 04:45 PM
Doesn't bother me and I don't think he's the answer.

BillsImpossible
07-09-2016, 04:55 PM
Please correct too to to.

Mace
07-09-2016, 05:09 PM
Please correct too to to.

I'd like to see too corrected to to, too.

No, it doesn't bother me and I don't even know if he's the answer.

If he plays 16 decent games and gets us to the playoffs, he can miss it again next year two.

YardRat
07-09-2016, 05:17 PM
If you two want too corrected to to too, I might be able to do that.

Mace
07-09-2016, 05:45 PM
If you two want too corrected to to too, I might be able to do that.

Changed my mind, it looks better like that in solid caps.

afropick
07-09-2016, 05:48 PM
well to(i am not participating), answer the question i am not sure it is an he's the answer thing as it is as much people are hoping, and see the potential. as far as the top 100 goes the lowest ranked qb was derek carr at 100 who had almost 4000yds and 32 td's where as tyrod had 3000yds and 20 tds. but if you ask any defender who defended him last year they will probably tell you the were terrified of him. give him another year in the offense and then lets pass judgement. because i think he has the potential to be the answer!

YardRat
07-09-2016, 05:55 PM
Hey afro :beers: welcome to the Zone.

bleve
07-09-2016, 09:13 PM
Holy Crap. I to thought TT was the answer, I'm so sorry. Everything is cleared up now.

feldspar
07-10-2016, 06:57 AM
I'm asking the question to all these people that think TT had such a great year last year and is the answer going forward, it doesn't bother ya'll that TT didn't crack the top 100 voted by his peer's? It bothers me because if he is clearly gonna demand 15 - 20 million a year you would think he would at least be in the 100's.

here's the list if you haven't seen it yet.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NFL_Top_100_Players_of_2016

Well, cheer up.

Literally half the players on this year's top 100 list were not on the list last year. It doesn't mean all that much.

I don't know many people who are convinced that Tyrod is the answer quite yet, including the Bills. That's why they haven't given him a big long-term contract yet. The overwhelming consensus is that we need to see more from him, at least from where I sit. Nobody is anointing him.

Personally, I saw enough out of him last year to have some measure of hope...but that's as far as it goes for me. Giving him a chance this year is well worth it IMO.

mdcas22
07-10-2016, 08:13 AM
you would be surprised on other boards how many members think the QB position is fixed. I'm in the category that thinks he has shown us all he has and is not good enough.

I do however think he makes for a great backup on any team.

afropick
07-10-2016, 08:49 AM
to pass judgement either way is too soon he had an just above average season last year and what differentiates his season from just average to below is his rushing yds and 6 int's! he most definitely has to improve his yd's, td's, and quick decision making process.

mdcas22
07-10-2016, 09:04 AM
to pass judgement either way is too soon he had an just above average season last year and what differentiates his season from just average to below is his rushing yds and 6 int's! he most definitely has to improve his yd's, td's, and quick decision making process.

I don't think we can say above average when you only thrown 20 TD's its more like a mistake free season. I think Roman is the kind of coach that protects his QB's with his play calling. he did the same thing with Kapernick in San Fran. If this continues we will be a 500 club at best, it is clearly a passing league and the rule changes over the years makes you have to throw the ball more to be very successful. There is no way we win anything with the idea that you run run run , last year we led the league in rushing yet still looked mediocre. Even if the defense improve's its clear by passed season that the offense must be able to come from behind in order to win consistently. TT will be in his 6th season so he must be able to throw 30 plus TD's for us to even have a chance at a playoff shot. I don't think he can do it.

afropick
07-10-2016, 09:27 AM
I don't think we can say above average when you only thrown 20 TD's its more like a mistake free season. I think Roman is the kind of coach that protects his QB's with his play calling. he did the same thing with Kapernick in San Fran. If this continues we will be a 500 club at best, it is clearly a passing league and the rule changes over the years makes you have to throw the ball more to be very successful. There is no way we win anything with the idea that you run run run , last year we led the league in rushing yet still looked mediocre. Even if the defense improve's its clear by passed season that the offense must be able to come from behind in order to win consistently. TT will be in his 6th season so he must be able to throw 30 plus TD's for us to even have a chance at a playoff shot. I don't think he can do it. first i said JUST above average and i explained why it was JUST above average and specifically said he needs to up his td's. maybe i should switch JUST with SLIGHTLY. if you can have a the top rushing attack, top 10 defense, 25 td-30 td's, 6-10 int's, 3500-4000 passing yds, then i think a team could very very competitive.

afropick
07-10-2016, 09:31 AM
and just to add in there i saw small signs of improvement toward the end of the season, also saw signs of the same little mistakes and fear of throwing over the middle, plus saw greg open the offense up a little bit more so hopefully another year in the offense plus the training camp all to himself maybe we see growth.

Night Train
07-10-2016, 09:38 AM
So let's review..

He didn't rate well on some paper beauty contest.. check

We don't know if TT is good enough yet... after HIS FIRST YEAR ! (stunning)...check

He will play 2016 for a new contract, as he should...check

Why must some tell us " the Butler did it ! " 7 minutes into a 2 hour mystery movie, then get angry when most prefer to be patient and watch the whole movie play out ?

Sorry..but I'm rooting for him two...to...too...ah crap....WATCH THE MOVIE !!

mdcas22
07-10-2016, 09:46 AM
So let's review..

He didn't rate well on some paper beauty contest.. check

We don't know if TT is good enough yet... after HIS FIRST YEAR ! (stunning)...check

He will play 2016 for a new contract, as he should...check

Why must some tell us " the Butler did it ! " 7 minutes into a 2 hour mystery movie, then get angry when most prefer to be patient and watch the whole movie play out ?

Sorry..but I'm rooting for him two...to...too...ah crap....WATCH THE MOVIE !!

I don't think anyone is rooting against him, we all hope he comes out in 2016 and throws 40 td's and has 5000 yards passing, but most think he will not and Roman will have to give him the rein's in order to see if he can do it. last year Roman kept a leash on TT.

gebobs
07-12-2016, 06:03 AM
A. Who gives a flying fart about lists? Years ago, I saw a list that had Titanic as the best movie of the 20th century.

B. In this case, they are right. Upside, he's a decent starter, nothing great. More likely, he's a gimmick. 38-year-old Tom Brady is going to school him twice like he has schooled every Bills QB for the past 16 years.

feldspar
07-12-2016, 07:58 AM
A. Who gives a flying fart about lists? Years ago, I saw a list that had Titanic as the best movie of the 20th century.

Citizen Kane is typically always #1 or close to it...personally, that movie wouldn't even show up in my list of top 100 movies.

But Cam Newton was #1 on the players' top 100 list for the 2015 season. But if you look at his numbers from 2014, you'll see that Tyrod Taylor's 2015 stats were better than Cam's 2014 stats...and they both started the same number of games, too. What does that mean? You decide. Not that much, probably.

B. In this case, they are right. Upside, he's a decent starter, nothing great. More likely, he's a gimmick. 38-year-old Tom Brady is going to school him twice like he has schooled every Bills QB for the past 16 years.

Or maybe Tom Brady will only school him once, as he's currently suspended for the first Bills-Patriots matchup.

Mr. Miyagi
07-12-2016, 08:09 AM
It's widely acknowledged that the top 100 list is made for tv to fill dead time only. Very few players were actually surveyed and it's strictly subjective opinion and not based on any kind of stats so it's meaningless.

Bill Cody
07-12-2016, 08:20 AM
No truth Rex didn't make the top 32 list

Bill Cody
07-12-2016, 08:23 AM

Yeah that's crazy. It's excruciatingly long and the boat keeps sinking.....little too close to home as a Bills fan

Bill Cody
07-12-2016, 08:25 AM
I'm asking the question to all these people that think TT had such a great year last year and is the answer going forward, it doesn't bother ya'll that TT didn't crack the top 100 voted by his peer's?

Not sure...how big are his hands again?

swiper
07-12-2016, 06:01 PM
you would be surprised on other boards how many members think the QB position is fixed. I'm in the category that thinks he has shown us all he has and is not good enough.

I do however think he makes for a great backup on any team.

One of the many reasons this board is better than the others.

John Doe
07-12-2016, 07:17 PM
Right now, for all practical purposes, Taylor is the answer - until proven otherwise.

Pinkerton Security
07-13-2016, 07:39 AM
Im sorry that you base your perception of people on what other people think.

TOO answer your question, No, I dont give 2 flying s***s what this dumb players poll says, it's still too early to tell what kind of player Tyrod truly is.

Victor7
07-13-2016, 09:52 AM
Who gives a **** about the top 100 list ?
Its like using the Pro Bowl for measuring greatness. They are both popularity contests.

As for TT I don't recall too many people anointing him already. Most posters are cautiously optimistic but perfectly aware that it could've all been a one year wonder.

This is the year we find out more.

Typ0
07-18-2016, 05:46 AM
After the last decade of QBs if you aren't happy to see TT in a Bills uniform I suggest you get some reality counseling.

gebobs
07-18-2016, 05:59 AM
After the last decade of QBs if you aren't happy to see TT in a Bills uniform I suggest you get some reality counseling.

1998: If you aren't happy to see Flutie in a Bills uniform I suggest you get some reality counseling.
2002: If you aren't happy to see Bledsoe in a Bills uniform I suggest you get some reality counseling.
2005: If you aren't happy to see Holcomb in a Bills uniform I suggest you get some reality counseling.
2007: If you aren't happy to see Edwards in a Bills uniform I suggest you get some reality counseling.
2009: If you aren't happy to see Fitz in a Bills uniform I suggest you get some reality counseling.
2014: If you aren't happy to see Orton in a Bills uniform I suggest you get some reality counseling.

Pinkerton Security
07-18-2016, 08:18 AM
1998: If you aren't happy to see Flutie in a Bills uniform I suggest you get some reality counseling.
2002: If you aren't happy to see Bledsoe in a Bills uniform I suggest you get some reality counseling.
2005: If you aren't happy to see Holcomb in a Bills uniform I suggest you get some reality counseling.
2007: If you aren't happy to see Edwards in a Bills uniform I suggest you get some reality counseling.
2009: If you aren't happy to see Fitz in a Bills uniform I suggest you get some reality counseling.
2014: If you aren't happy to see Orton in a Bills uniform I suggest you get some reality counseling.

Flutie - 17 wins, 8 losses in 1998 and 1999
Bledsoe - Had an amazing first half of the year, then became nothing, so fair point
Holcomb - NO ONE was excited about this
Edwards - VERY FEW were excited about this
Fitz - is still a quality starter in the NFL, if not an elite one
Orton - was only serviceable - no one said he was a standout. Simply better than EJ

Too early to tell on Tyrod, period, so your point is taken

gebobs
07-18-2016, 09:04 AM
Holcomb - NO ONE was excited about this

Shiva was.

Edwards - VERY FEW were excited about this

Hmmmm...dunno about that. Seemed to me there was quite a bit when he led us fast out of the gate in '08.

mdcas22
07-24-2016, 10:33 AM
It's widely acknowledged that the top 100 list is made for tv to fill dead time only. Very few players were actually surveyed and it's strictly subjective opinion and not based on any kind of stats so it's meaningless.

the list is created and voted by the players themselves, these are guys seeing 1st hand head to head what the players are.

- - - Updated - - -

One of the many reasons this board is better than the others.

agree 100%

Generalissimus Gibby
07-24-2016, 11:38 AM

What, no love for Robosack, or Todd the Eternal Backup Collins? Also, where is JP Loserman?

Seriously though, 1997 was not necessarily all Collin's fault. Flutie was enjoyable to watch. BTW, last word on the whole QB controversy that ensued, IF Flutie had won at Miami in 1998 in the wildcard or Robosack won the wildcard at Tennessee (both decided by Refs) there would be no controversy. As for Bledsoe, well he was washed up but he is still better than anything we have had since. However, I am not quite ready to write off Taylor just yet. Also, you forgot EJ

stuckincincy
07-27-2016, 08:40 PM
Cardale Jones will right this ship. :jig:

mdcas22
07-31-2016, 02:14 PM
Right now, for all practical purposes, Taylor is the answer - until proven otherwise.

of coarse he is, if he played d-end they would bring in 15 and take a look, not the QB position, at least bring in some competition.

John Doe
07-31-2016, 03:40 PM
of coarse he is, if he played d-end they would bring in 15 and take a look, not the QB position, at least bring in some competition.

Bring in competition to split the reps like last year? There is not much of a point to it this year. He won the job and performed fairly well in his first year as a starter - why go through that again?

Now they want to see what Taylor can do as the clear #1 heading into camp. I want to see it too.

BertSquirtgum
07-31-2016, 04:04 PM
TT is a black JP Losman. We have already seen his ceiling so I hope the Bills are planning on drafting a QB next draft.

mdcas22
07-31-2016, 04:27 PM
Bring in competition to split the reps like last year? There is not much of a point to it this year. He won the job and performed fairly well in his first year as a starter - why go through that again?

Now they want to see what Taylor can do as the clear #1 heading into camp. I want to see it too.

you never can have enough talent at any position esp. the QB position. any team that settles for what it already has unless its a tom brady Arron Rodgers guy thats already produced will not make the playoffs. Don't be surprised if the Bill's land in last place this year in the afc east.

- - - Updated - - -

TT is a black JP Losman. We have already seen his ceiling so I hope the Bills are planning on drafting a QB next draft.

Bingo... you nailed it, J.P did the very same thing and we all no how that ended up.

John Doe
07-31-2016, 04:36 PM
you never can have enough talent at any position esp. the QB position. any team that settles for what it already has unless its a tom brady Arron Rodgers guy thats already produced will not make the playoffs. Don't be surprised if the Bill's land in last place this year in the afc east.

Bingo... you nailed it, J.P did the very same thing and we all no how that ended up.

If you think that bringing in one of the journeymen that are available will vault the team into first place, then more power to you.

mdcas22
07-31-2016, 05:32 PM
If you think that bringing in one of the journeymen that are available will vault the team into first place, then more power to you.

don't want the guy to take TT's place I wan't a reliable back up for when he go's down with injury like last year, and its gonna happen.. TT is just to small, they have him listed at 6' but my cousin is 6' 2" and said at a signing session that he looked way down at TT, said he didn't think he was 5' 10..

John Doe
07-31-2016, 05:49 PM
don't want the guy to take TT's place I wan't a reliable back up for when he go's down with injury like last year, and its gonna happen.. TT is just to small, they have him listed at 6' but my cousin is 6' 2" and said at a signing session that he looked way down at TT, said he didn't think he was 5' 10..

Maybe the Bills should bring your cousin in for a look. He's probably better that what was available in the free-agent market.

mdcas22
07-31-2016, 06:07 PM
Maybe the Bills should bring your cousin in for a look. He's probably better that what was available in the free-agent market.

no doubt'''