PDA

View Full Version : Reggie Bush or Fred Jackson?

Mr. Miyagi
07-22-2016, 10:07 AM
We just need a hold over for a few games until Karlos comes back from 4 games and Jonathan Williams' potential suspension.

Freddie might be old but he has gas left for 4 games. At least he has rapport with our OL. Reggie Bush comes in cold, but with experience in Roman's system.

Aaron Williams is pushing for Freddie too, granted they're best buds.

Ginger Vitis
07-22-2016, 10:10 AM
Bush is telling the media he has been offered a veteran minimum deal by the Bills. Cant see Jackson coming back after what he said about whaley last year... So logically its Bush

OpIv37
07-22-2016, 10:27 AM
This is almost as bad as having to choose between Clinton and Trump.

Freddie was a great player for us and I'll always respect him. He's one of the few bright spots during an atrocious stretch of football for this team. But get over it, people. His time has passed.

SpikedLemonade
07-22-2016, 10:41 AM
Reggie if he can get Kim K. to Buffalo for a visit.

Buffalogic
07-22-2016, 10:46 AM
Let's add Ray Rice while we're at it!

stuckincincy
07-22-2016, 11:35 AM
Unless there's something about McCoy's health they aren't saying, they should stand pat and go with him and Gillislee and Wilder to start the season. They run Taylor like crazy anyways, and I hope they don't chew up a roster spot like they've done with their long-running kickoff fetish.

OpIv37
07-22-2016, 11:51 AM
Let's add Ray Rice while we're at it!

The local news in Balt reported yesterday that he said he'd donate his entire salary to charity if someone signed him.

Honestly, I don't get why he can't get signed. He did an awful thing. But:
Michael Vick killed dogs and went to jail for it
Donte Stallworth killed a dude driving drunk
Albert Haynesworth stomped a guy's face during a game
Big Ben rapes chicks

And none of them got blacklisted the way Rice has. Don't get me wrong- he deserves punishment for what he did. I just don't understand why he's become such a pariah whereas others who did things as bad or worse got second chances.

stuckincincy
07-22-2016, 12:43 PM
He's a 29 year-old RB with tons of rushing attempts in college and the pros. In his last season with BAL, he averaged 3.1 yards on 214 attempts for 660 yards. He is - or was - a decent pass catcher out of the backfield, if that's what you want.

I wouldn't waste a roster spot on him. He's not being "picked" on...he's a spent force, IMO.

Luisito23
07-22-2016, 12:48 PM
All those players you mentioned OP, had some kind of value at that time, which is why teams took a chance on them...

Rice is an over the hill player at a position where is the easiest to fill...

If he was in his prime, or an AP type of player, I guarantee you he would've been signed a long time ago...:tip:

Skooby
07-22-2016, 12:53 PM
He's a 29 year-old RB with tons of rushing attempts in college and the pros. In his last season with BAL, he averaged 3.1 yards on 214 attempts for 660 yards. He is - or was - a decent pass catcher out of the backfield, if that's what you want.

I wouldn't waste a roster spot on him. He's not being "picked" on...he's a spent force, IMO.

There's a hook to Ray Rice, therefore it's all over.

Night Train
07-22-2016, 02:15 PM
" What is NEITHER, Alex..."

YardRat
07-22-2016, 02:45 PM
Shouldn't have cut FJ last season to begin with, but that's water under the bridge.

I'm with train and cincy, pass on both. Go with McCoy, and give Gillislee and Wilder a chance.

feldspar
07-22-2016, 03:12 PM
Shouldn't have cut FJ last season to begin with, but that's water under the bridge.

I'm with train and cincy, pass on both. Go with McCoy, and give Gillislee and Wilder a chance.

Jonathan Williams won't be suspended during Karlos' absence anyway. He'll be there too, ask me. He's innocent until proven guilty, and these DUI cases are easily delayed by lawyers. I'll be interested to see him play.

swiper
07-22-2016, 03:32 PM
The local news in Balt reported yesterday that he said he'd donate his entire salary to charity if someone signed him.

Big Ben rapes chicks

And none of them got blacklisted the way Rice has. Don't get me wrong- he deserves punishment for what he did. I just don't understand why he's become such a pariah whereas others who did things as bad or worse got second chances.

Rice is where the NFL decided to put it's foot down.

BertSquirtgum
07-22-2016, 09:26 PM
Fred Jackson is so old and slow. Reggie Bush is a much better choice.

HHURRICANE
07-22-2016, 10:59 PM

Big Ben rapes chicks

Roger got publicly humiliated by this guy. I'm sure every team knows that bringing him back would guarantee Roger's wrath.

YardRat
07-23-2016, 04:09 AM
Jonathan Williams won't be suspended during Karlos' absence anyway. He'll be there too, ask me. He's innocent until proven guilty, and these DUI cases are easily delayed by lawyers. I'll be interested to see him play.

Possibly...if so, another reason to not pull the trigger and bringing somebody else in...just roll with who we have now.

Mace
07-23-2016, 05:47 PM
If worse really comes to worse, well they have all of camp to bring in younger backs for a look. There are always younger backs.

You just have to freaking scout them.

POTLAND PSILBYLO
07-23-2016, 06:16 PM
Can Listenbee be converted to RB? Gillislee and Listenbee anybody?

feldspar
07-23-2016, 06:39 PM
If worse really comes to worse, well they have all of camp to bring in younger backs for a look. There are always younger backs.

You just have to freaking scout them.

Nah, I don't think that's necessary in a serious way. Of course, they should ALWAYS be scouting to prepare for any scenario, and I'm sure they are. McCoy is the man. Then we have Gillislee, Jonathan Williams, and James Wilder Jr...who else? Maybe they'll bring someone else in. Obviously they are exploring that, since we're hearing about Reggie Bush.

Karlos getting suspended isn't the worst thing in the world for the team. We still have our main man, who is a top 5 RB in this league IMO. And we have a stable of potential already behind him even without Karlos. A much worse situation is in Pittsburgh, where Le'Veon Bell is facing a four game suspension for a not showing up for a drug test.

Mace
07-23-2016, 07:17 PM
Nah, I don't think that's necessary in a serious way. Of course, they should ALWAYS be scouting to prepare for any scenario, and I'm sure they are. McCoy is the man. Then we have Gillislee, Jonathan Williams, and James Wilder Jr...who else? Maybe they'll bring someone else in. Obviously they are exploring that, since we're hearing about Reggie Bush.

Karlos getting suspended isn't the worst thing in the world for the team. We still have our main man, who is a top 5 RB in this league IMO. And we have a stable of potential already behind him even without Karlos. A much worse situation is in Pittsburgh, where Le'Veon Bell is facing a four game suspension for a not showing up for a drug test.

Oh yeah ? Says you.

That's the best I can do.

mdcas22
07-24-2016, 08:57 AM

bingo right here. Williams will not receive any discipline until next season if any so he McCoy and Gillislee will handle the load in fact I look for The rookie to have more of a impact this year than Karlos anyways.

SpikedLemonade
07-24-2016, 09:05 AM
Reggie if he can get Kim K. to Buffalo for a visit.

Kim Kardashian or Kim Pegula?

What say you?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHp7sq1Tzn0

SpikedLemonade
07-25-2016, 05:35 AM
I am going with Kim K.

Buffalogic
07-25-2016, 06:43 AM

Big Ben rapes chicks

Video footage

Woodman
07-25-2016, 10:46 AM
give Gillislee and Wilder a chance.

This is the proper course.

Victor7
07-25-2016, 12:52 PM
I think Gilleslie did quite well last year. Williams should be able to play and there's Wilder too. I don't think we really need anybody. But if they are gonna bring someone wither way I'd go with Fred. For the little time he'll play he would be more than sufficient. Not to mention all the other things he brings to the table.

With that said the chances of that happening are probably around 0.2% considering how bad it ended between him and douchebag extraordinaire Doug Whaley.