PDA

View Full Version : Kane home to Vancouver?

OpIv37
07-26-2016, 04:39 PM
Heard one of the Vancouver media guys on the Power Play on SXM today.

He said:
1. Sabres are done with Kane and want to move him
2. Kane has always said privately that he wants to play for his hometown team
3. The Canucks feel they have vet leadership that could help Kane and would be interested if he did something to show maturity- counseling or something to that effect. They also think he would be held more accountable with friends and family nearby.

No word on return compensation. Thoughts.

Crisis
07-26-2016, 07:56 PM
He'd get into even more trouble playing in Vancouver. Look at Patty Kane whenever he's back in Buffalo.

He has no trade value right now, probably best to just ride it out and do what you can to make him stop being a dumbass off the ice.

mightysimi
07-26-2016, 08:36 PM
The compensation has to be at an all time low now. I wonder if they wait to see how he starts the season.

Skooby
07-27-2016, 11:14 AM
I bet someone just taking his salary without us needed to supplement it would be a dream scenario right now.

rbochan
07-27-2016, 11:45 AM
Just saw copies of the witness statements. This guy's a piece of ****.

Skooby
07-27-2016, 11:56 AM
Just saw copies of the witness statements. This guy's a piece of ****.

Validating my point, we need to get him out of town.

trapezeus
07-27-2016, 12:06 PM
they have to see the Vesey situation play out first. no one is banging on our door for kane. even the canucks. I think we sign Vesey and kane is gone. if not, we'll live with him until a team is desperate for wingers or if we miss the playoffs, get a desperate team a goal scorer and grit guy.

swiper
07-27-2016, 02:46 PM
they have to see the Vesey situation play out first. no one is banging on our door for kane. even the canucks. I think we sign Vesey and kane is gone. if not, we'll live with him until a team is desperate for wingers or if we miss the playoffs, get a desperate team a goal scorer and grit guy.

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php/233478-Sabres-acquire-rights-to-Vesey-for-3rd-Rounder-in-2016/page11

It's a shame Kane turns out like this.

Ginger Vitis
07-27-2016, 03:32 PM
Who is the vet leadership in Vancouver? The Sedin twins? lol they are not going to keep Kane in line.. Andrew Peeters said the other day he is sure their are Sabres players who have lost respect for Kane just like he was disliked in Winnipeg... Kudos to Mightysimi he predicted this would happen and it only took about 18 months or less for his prediction to come true...

Night Train
07-27-2016, 04:28 PM
Heard one of the Vancouver media guys on the Power Play on SXM today.

He said:
1. Sabres are done with Kane and want to move him
2. Kane has always said privately that he wants to play for his hometown team
3. The Canucks feel they have vet leadership that could help Kane and would be interested if he did something to show maturity- counseling or something to that effect. They also think he would be held more accountable with friends and family nearby.

No word on return compensation. Thoughts.

It's been speculated for a couple weeks and makes sense. Compensation probably isn't a big priority right now with the Sabres. The cap savings is the winning ticket with an obvious problem child. he brought this on himself and 3 bar incidents in a little over a year is a pattern.

The Jokeman
07-27-2016, 05:59 PM
http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php/233478-Sabres-acquire-rights-to-Vesey-for-3rd-Rounder-in-2016/page11

It's a shame Kane turns out like this.

It's obvious from the allegations Kane gets a bit handsy and argumentative when he drinks too much. Am I angry at him sure. Yet am not ready to run him out of town like Frankenstein's monster either. Instead get this kid some counseling and/or anger management classes instead of tossing him aside and make him someone else's problem. If after rehab he has another incident then I move on.

POTLAND PSILBYLO
07-27-2016, 06:36 PM
Let's huff n puff n hurry kane outta here

casdhf
07-28-2016, 04:29 AM
Vessey signing makes this more logical, for sure.

mightysimi
07-28-2016, 10:28 PM
How realistic is it you guys get Vesey? You would think he would have signed if he wanted to.

swiper
07-29-2016, 03:04 AM
He's waiting until free agency kicks in, so he can look around.

OpIv37
07-29-2016, 07:18 AM
How realistic is it you guys get Vesey? You would think he would have signed if he wanted to.

Well he clearly isn't going to sign with us before looking around. There's a chance that he looks around and realizes Toronto is a gauntlet, Boston is a **** show right now, and he won't get playing time in Chicago, and signs here.

Not much of a chance, but we can't completely rule him out yet.

Night Train
07-29-2016, 02:34 PM
I doubt Vesey even figures into the equation. Sabres already have some young guys ready to make the jump.

This is about Murray and and his feelings about the situation. He is pissed.

WagonCircler
07-30-2016, 10:47 AM
I doubt Vesey even figures into the equation. Sabres already have some young guys ready to make the jump.

This is about Murray and and his feelings about the situation. He is pissed.

If you read the arrest report, it's hard to blame him for being pissed off.

Terry P's head of security is an old friend of mine. I guarantee you that he has the straight scoop on whether what's in that report is true or not.

Having seen hundreds of incidents like this one myself, I can tell you that this absolutely has the ring of truth to it.

Some people just can't/shouldn't drink. Kane appears to be one of them. And his decision making is off the charts bad.

mightysimi
08-01-2016, 06:51 PM
I'm pretty sure I've said this before but I have spoken with a police officer who woke Kane up smashed behind a wheel more than once. Hope he gets his head on right.

JATMtheJATM
08-01-2016, 11:34 PM
My honest gut feeling is something you guys keep saying. The dude has issues drinking. He's not alone and he needs to figure it out.

Ginger Vitis
08-02-2016, 01:21 PM
http://www.msn.com/en-ca/sports/news/woman-sues-says-sabres-evander-kane-injured-her/ar-BBv9EHo?li=AAggNb9

So Kane is going the Rob Johnson route and living out of a hotel room..

swiper
08-03-2016, 03:05 PM
Evander Kane sued by woman claiming he injured her (http://nhl.nbcsports.com/2016/08/02/evander-kane-sued-by-woman-claiming-he-injured-her/)

gebobs
08-08-2016, 09:16 AM
Looks like GMTM didn't do his homework on this one.