PDA

View Full Version : Rumblings : Primer on 2016 training camp battles

Mace
07-29-2016, 05:39 PM
Not really sold on the guy that replaced Galliford as editor at Rumblings, but he put together a good primer imho, beefy read. Don't necessarily agree with all his conclusions but I think he put together a decent overview.

He covers 3rd CB, RT, 3rd safety, FB, 3rd WR, and has a reasonable take on Reggie Bush.

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2016/7/29/12312426/buffalo-bills-2016-training-camp-battles

stuckincincy
07-29-2016, 08:07 PM
Not really sold on the guy that replaced Galliford as editor at Rumblings, but he put together a good primer imho, beefy read. Don't necessarily agree with all his conclusions but I think he put together a decent overview.

He covers 3rd CB, RT, 3rd safety, FB, 3rd WR, and has a reasonable take on Reggie Bush.

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2016/7/29/12312426/buffalo-bills-2016-training-camp-battles

Decent article. The commentary on the OL position battles brings back the question as to why they bypassed that position in the draft.

Night Train
07-30-2016, 05:25 PM
That they trust in Vic is troubling. I've never been impressed with his views.

Mace
07-30-2016, 05:35 PM
That they trust in Vic is troubling. I've never been impressed with his views.

Well, I'm not impressed so much with his opinions either in most cases, but subtle diff trusting him on his sources. He's been from Buffalo to Nfl dot com and back.

YardRat
07-30-2016, 05:56 PM
---When did Robey add -Coleman to his name?
---I don't consider the slot-nickel back to be the 'third corner'...to me the third corner is the guy that steps in for one of the two outside corners, and IMO Moore, Butler and Seymour may be battling for that spot but Robey isn't an outside guy by any stretch.

---We can only hope and pray Mills makes a big leap forward.

---Duke is a likely cut, IMO, although I've liked the kid from the beginning we can't wait forever to see if the lightbulb comes on. Should've kept Rambo to at least compete.

---Same for Miller, as Mills, above. Otherwise another season with a woeful oline.

---What a bunch of nothing at WR. Sad.

Mace
07-30-2016, 06:50 PM
---When did Robey add -Coleman to his name?
---I don't consider the slot-nickel back to be the 'third corner'...to me the third corner is the guy that steps in for one of the two outside corners, and IMO Moore, Butler and Seymour may be battling for that spot but Robey isn't an outside guy by any stretch.

---We can only hope and pray Mills makes a big leap forward.

---Duke is a likely cut, IMO, although I've liked the kid from the beginning we can't wait forever to see if the lightbulb comes on. Should've kept Rambo to at least compete.

---Same for Miller, as Mills, above. Otherwise another season with a woeful oline.

---What a bunch of nothing at WR. Sad.

-Robey became Robey-Coleman this last week.
-I know what you're saying about CB, but nowadays that's 4th CB because teams spend so much time in nickel. I don't think Robey-Coleman & Seymour are going anywhere.
-I don't think Mills is going anywhere quick myself, still see him as a journeyman.
- Dez Lewis was getting 1st team reps without Watkins there at WR today, could be interesting.
- Not sold on Miller, but he deserves some growing pains. Would be good if he stays healthy.
- Liked Duke also, gave up on him. Blanton & Anderson were solid vet adds, I'm expecting Aaron Williams to go down, so you might see Duke as a system injury replacement later in the year anyway. No clue about Meeks or Dowling.

Fixxxer
07-31-2016, 07:33 AM
I think they missed a potential big battle and that is the kicker position.

Yesterday Carpenter missed two field goals (less than 50 yards) and the rookie Morgan was perfect. If this continues, Carpenter's job could be in jeopardy.

SpikedLemonade
07-31-2016, 07:15 PM
OK