PDA

View Full Version : Miami Dolphins: Dion Jordan - What a Mess

swiper
07-31-2016, 06:49 AM
Always nice to see the Bills are not the only dysfunctional organization some times:

(http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/07/31/dolphins-to-put-dion-jordan-on-non-football-injury-list/)Dolphins to put Dion Jordan on non-football injury list (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/07/31/dolphins-to-put-dion-jordan-on-non-football-injury-list/)

The Dolphins have welcomed back defensive end Dion Jordan (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/8384/dion-jordan). But he’s still not getting his $1.7 million roster bonus.Per a league source, the team will be placing Jordan on the non-football injury list due to a knee problem that required arthroscopic surgery.

Jordan failed a physical on Saturday.

The move allows the team to retain the $1.7 million roster bonus that Jordan otherwise would have received on Monday. But for his suspensions under the substance-abuse, the payment would have been fully guaranteed.

Jordan still wouldn’t have gotten the money, as a practical matter. The team, according to the source, would have retained the amount in order to partially recoup the $3.35 million in signing bonus money forfeited by Jordan due to his latest suspension. To date, the Dolphins have recovered none of the money.

They nevertheless have Jordan in the plans for 2016. He’s believed to be a few weeks away from being able to practice, and the intention is to give him a chance to make the roster and start earning money — even if a lot of it will be kept by the organization.

Dion Jordan was the 3rd overall pick in the 2013 draft. The DE out of Oregon was ranked as the best DE coming out of that draft. In that draft two OTs were taken in front of Jordan: Eric Fischer to KC & Luke Joeckel to Jax. The next two DEs taken at #5 & 6: Ezekiel Ansah to Detroit and Barkevious Mingo to Cleveland. At #9 the Jets took Dee Milliner while the Bills took EJ Manuel at #16. NE didn't have a pick: Minnesota used that selection to get Cordarrelle Patterson.

So the Bills weren't the only AFC East team to pull up short in the 1st round in 2013.

YardRat
07-31-2016, 07:01 AM
Granted, but just once it would be nice to say we did better than our division rivals instead of continually having to rely on "See? They ****ed up too..."

Ginger Vitis
07-31-2016, 07:13 AM
The Dolphins traded up from 12 to 3 and gave the Raiders a 2nd round pick to move up to 3 and take Jordan... I remember at that time reading a scouts take on Jordan who played with ALonzo at Oregon " Jordan will go top 5 and Alonzo will go in the 2nd round but it was ALonzo who made all the plays at Oregon and not Jordan"

Skooby
07-31-2016, 07:48 AM
I feel bad for the guy but not for Miami, we are going to pound them hard again twice this season.

sahlensguy
07-31-2016, 01:53 PM
For the record, I wanted Cordarrelle Patterson at #8. In hindsight, not the best value at 8. What it would have done though is prevented the trade for Sammy Watkins. I'd take those picks and Patterson any day over EJ and Kiko and Watkins.

mdcas22
07-31-2016, 02:17 PM
For the record, I wanted Cordarrelle Patterson at #8. In hindsight, not the best value at 8. What it would have done though is prevented the trade for Sammy Watkins. I'd take those picks and Patterson any day over EJ and Kiko and Watkins.

could have stayed at 9 and got Odell then last year had a dominate o-lineman at 19.

sahlensguy
07-31-2016, 02:24 PM
could have stayed at 9 and got Odell then last year had a dominate o-lineman at 19.

You can lose track to how many ways Whaley has screwed the first round pooch.

mdcas22
07-31-2016, 02:38 PM
You can lose track to how many ways Whaley has screwed the first round pooch.

I just don't like the Watkins trade, Sammy had a history of injury through out college and it has continued in the pro's so far. Maybe this will be the year he stays healthy all year and proves he was worth the trade.

sahlensguy
07-31-2016, 02:54 PM
I just don't like the Watkins trade, Sammy had a history of injury through out college and it has continued in the pro's so far. Maybe this will be the year he stays healthy all year and proves he was worth the trade.

The trade was a wreckless gamble. Unless Whaley actually believed that EJ, following his rookie season, was a viable playoff caliber qb, that is.

Did Whaley actually believe that???

mdcas22
07-31-2016, 04:31 PM
The trade was a wreckless gamble. Unless Whaley actually believed that EJ, following his rookie season, was a viable playoff caliber qb, that is.

Did Whaley actually believe that???

if he did he needs to be fired.

Ginger Vitis
07-31-2016, 06:07 PM
Since the 2013 draft is being discussed I remember when the Bill were on the clock at 16 I wanted them to take Tyler Eifert.. And try and get Matt Barkley in the 3rd

Mace
07-31-2016, 06:22 PM
Granted, but just once it would be nice to say we did better than our division rivals instead of continually having to rely on "See? They ****ed up too..."

Just like you to take a glass half full and make it ah, less fuller.