PDA

View Full Version : Shameful

The_Philster
09-15-2002, 09:51 AM
Anyone see Outside the Lines this morning? They talked about the care that NFL players get on some teams. Former Jags C Jeff Novak had a bruised shin that turned really bad. They did little to help him and made him play through it. Eventually, they performed surgery on it in the trainers' room.....with other players around....overall a terrible environment for this. It did little to correct the problem as he bled out the wound that was never properly closed and had to go to the hospital.....after playing in a road game. He was standing on the tarmac after getting off the team bus waiting for the plane to taxi over when Brian DeMarco saw how bad he was bleeding and called for an ambulance. His leg was infected and his career was pretty much over. He sued the physician who performed the surgery and won...but a judge overturned the decision. :shakeno: Eventually it was settled out of court.
Then there was OJ McDuffie who had an MRI taken on his toe which said he had torn ligaments. The team took their own which said there weren't any and he took shots the rest of the season to get through the games. After the season, he had it looked at again and found that the ligaments were, indeed, torn.
They should have transcripts of the show up sometime in the next 24 hours for anyone who wants the whole story.
Related (http://espn.go.com/gen/s/2002/0912/1431170.html)

Shiny Chicken
09-15-2002, 11:12 AM
any report anywhere on how the Bills doctors were rated?

The_Philster
09-15-2002, 11:21 AM
They weren't in the bottom 6 is all I know for sure. I'm sure it's no big surprise that the Bengals and the Cardinals are the two worst.

Shiny Chicken
09-15-2002, 11:22 AM
I would guess that they're near the top... at least I would hope

The_Philster
09-15-2002, 11:29 AM
Top 6 teams
Baltimore, Dallas, Denver, Oakland, Philadelphia and the New York Jets -- in which 100 percent of players expressed a high level of confidence in their doctors.

Shiny Chicken
09-15-2002, 11:33 AM
I saw that... Iwas wondering if there was any other source that perhaps gave info on other teams