PDA

View Full Version : Manny Lawson

BillsOwnAll
08-01-2016, 07:44 AM
On NFLN they're inside bills TC and showed Lawson doing footwork drills, seems to be okay.

Goobylal
08-01-2016, 07:53 AM
It's an upper body injury. Shouldn't affect his footwork.

Ginger Vitis
08-01-2016, 08:17 AM
Jamie Dukes just said the Bills have a " Superbowl roster" WTF? he has never ever had a nice thing to say about the Bills

Skooby
08-01-2016, 08:17 AM
If Manny is out there doing footwork, it's a good sign versus being hidden and working out gingerly.

Skooby
08-01-2016, 08:19 AM
Jamie Dukes just said the Bills have a " Superbowl roster" WTF? he has never ever had a nice thing to say about the Bills

If our top players stay healthy (odds like hitting the lottery it seems), we have a very talented roster and should do really well. The team itself is set to really jump up if our D returns to a Rex type form (solid / top 5), that and our offense improves as expected.

There's no reason we shouldn't be top 12 on both sides of the ball, maybe top 5 on one of those. If by some miracle we hit top 7 on both, it will enough to get us late in the playoffs. Maybe even a home game in the playoffs. We need some luck.

Ginger Vitis
08-01-2016, 08:26 AM
If our top players stay healthy (odds like hitting the lottery it seems), we have a very talented roster and should do really well.

The only thing Dukes said is he expects Taylor to "take another step forward" and that is what will propel them to a playoff berth

Speaking of Taylor NFLN just showed live footage of Bills camp and Taylor looks like a midget when standing next to Cardale Jones.. And NFLN showed a podcast interview where Taylor was in a Tshirt and shorts being interviewed and he is skinny by NFL QB standards slight frame and skinny legs

Your claim the Bills will bring a in vet QB by the start of the season better be true because that guy is going to have to play and start games

Skooby
08-01-2016, 08:32 AM
The only thing Dukes said is he expects Taylor to "take another step forward" and that is what will propel them to a playoff berth

Speaking of Taylor NFLN just showed live footage of Bills camp and Taylor looks like a midget when standing next to Cardale Jones.. And NFLN showed a podcast interview where Taylor was in a Tshirt and shorts being interviewed and he is skinny by NFL QB standards slight frame and skinny legs

Your claim the Bills will bring a in vet QB by the start of the season better be true because that guy is going to have to play and start games

That's where the health part comes in and it's probable that we are going to need a go to / back-up QB that doesn't hand games away in minutes to opposing teams (sorry EJ). Getting a vet RB became a priority (after Karlos 4 games sus) and there were several choices, so we targeted a guy that should be able to help on special teams & provide RB depth.

Tyrod needs to go out of bounds quicker and / or slide after accomplishing his goal (first down... Etc) to avoid injury. Think what would happen if Cardale ran in Taylor ?? Yeah, so that why we need someone else at QB.

swiper
08-01-2016, 08:40 AM
Why should I care about what Jamie Dukes has to say about anything?

SpikedLemonade
08-01-2016, 08:56 AM
If our top players stay healthy (odds like hitting the lottery it seems), we have a very talented roster and should do really well. The team itself is set to really jump up if our D returns to a Rex type form (solid / top 5), that and our offense improves as expected.

There's no reason we shouldn't be top 12 on both sides of the ball, maybe top 5 on one of those. If by some miracle we hit top 7 on both, it will enough to get us late in the playoffs. Maybe even a home game in the playoffs. We need some luck.

Coo coo

justasportsfan
08-01-2016, 12:43 PM

Hate to play OP here, but if you are depending on rookies to put you in the top 12, I'm worried. Maybe we'll improve from 19 but I don't think we sniff top 5 even with a healthy Kyle.

Scumbag College
08-01-2016, 01:12 PM
One thing getting overlooked on the Bills defensive roster are the upgrades at CB that were made and Aaron Williams seemingly ready to go. If teams go four or five wide against the Bills, I feel better with C. White and Moore/Seymour out there vs. Butler and Brooks. If the Bills drop two safeties and play man in 4 WR sets (Rex's M.O.) , then in theory a healthy Kyle, Dareus, and Hughes rushing should be a huge upgrade from last years half-assed Mario effort and having opposing QBs target whomever Brooks or Butler were covering.

Whaley definitely looked bad picking an injured Shaq, but made some under the radar signings at DB that are immediate upgrades from the 2015 roster. Looking back, would have liked to take a chance on Nkemdiche now knowing Shaq's injury status.

elroy16
08-01-2016, 01:42 PM
Hate to play OP here, but if you are depending on rookies to put you in the top 12, I'm worried. Maybe we'll improve from 19 but I don't think we sniff top 5 even with a healthy Kyle.

The post you quoted didn't even mention any rookies.

People aren't looking for rookies to put the defense over the hump, they're expecting familiarity with the defense along with Rex making adjustments to what they to.

justasportsfan
08-01-2016, 08:27 PM
The post you quoted didn't even mention any rookies.

People aren't looking for rookies to put the defense over the hump, they're expecting familiarity with the defense along with Rex making adjustments to what they to.

Who exactly are our top and talented players on D that the post I quoted was talking about? If we do have them then why did the FO and coaching staff state we drafted 3 starters if we have a talented roster already?

elroy16
08-02-2016, 08:36 AM
Who exactly are our top and talented players on D that the post I quoted was talking about? If we do have them then why did the FO and coaching staff state we drafted 3 starters if we have a talented roster already?

I'm not sure who they were referencing, but my guess would be Dareus, Gilmore, Darby, AW, Kyle, and Hughes.

I think they three rookies all fit holes. Shaq fills the hole Mario left. I believe Manny should be able to hold that spot down until Shaq is healthy. I'm curious what they do with Manny after that.

Ragland fills a need in the middle after Bradham left.

The d-line rotates quite a bit, so Washington should see a bunch of snaps. I'm not sure about him being a starter, but he'll play enough to have an impact.

I think the D will improve, but I also think getting into the top 5 is a stretch.

ghz in pittsburgh
08-02-2016, 09:24 AM
I'm not sure who they were referencing, but my guess would be Dareus, Gilmore, Darby, AW, Kyle, and Hughes.

I think they three rookies all fit holes. Shaq fills the hole Mario left. I believe Manny should be able to hold that spot down until Shaq is healthy. I'm curious what they do with Manny after that.

The d-line rotates quite a bit, so Washington should see a bunch of snaps. I'm not sure about him being a starter, but he'll play enough to have an impact.

I think the D will improve, but I also think getting into the top 5 is a stretch.

That's such an under statement - me think it is a need before and after Bradham left.

justasportsfan
08-02-2016, 12:54 PM
I'm not sure who they were referencing, but my guess would be Dareus, Gilmore, Darby, AW, Kyle, and Hughes. What did they do last year?

The d-line rotates quite a bit, so Washington should see a bunch of snaps. I'm not sure about him being a starter, but he'll play enough to have an impact. . They are rookies. None of which were touted to be as good as Von Miller or Marrio Williams himself coming out of college.

thats what I think will happen.

streetkings01
08-04-2016, 12:01 PM
Torn pec.......likely out most if not all of the season.

Joe Fo Sho
08-04-2016, 12:14 PM
Torn pec.......likely out most if not all of the season.

I heard it was just a partial tear and that he hopes to be back for week 1.

streetkings01
08-04-2016, 12:17 PM
I heard it was just a partial tear and that he hopes to be back for week 1.Thouht I just heard on the John Murphy Show it was torn pec. I added the last part due to players usually missing most if not all of the season after tearing the pec. Hopefully I misunderstood.

Mace
08-04-2016, 04:26 PM
Partial it seems. So much for bruised.

"It's not torn, it's a partial tear," Lawson said. "It's not hanging. There's still meat on the bone."

http://pro32.ap.org/article/bills-lb-lawson-expected-back-week-1

swiper
08-04-2016, 04:29 PM
Mace is the place with the helpful hardware man. I think.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/KNo9lW6SIOI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

swiper
08-05-2016, 11:05 AM
That's such an under statement - me think it is a need before and after Bradham left.

Bradham was an outside linebacker.

stuckincincy
08-05-2016, 12:04 PM
Thouht I just heard on the John Murphy Show it was torn pec. I added the last part due to players usually missing most if not all of the season after tearing the pec. Hopefully I misunderstood.

That's what teams like to say.

Here's a blurb form today's Cincinnati Enquirer:

..."William Jackson III had a smile on his face in the Cincinnati Bengals locker room on Thursday, a “glide in his stride” as head coach Marvin Lewis said. The first-round draft pick is injured, having torn a pectoral
muscle on Monday that will require surgery, but Lewis said the team anticipates him having a chance to play this year after rehab. “He sees some light at the end of the tunnel, and that’s a good thing,” Lewis said."...