PDA

View Full Version : Tyrod has motivation

Skooby
08-03-2016, 05:21 PM
I'd like to be clear about this, Tyrod has the ability to pick his paycheck based on performance this season. If he does wonderfully and stats healthy, there's a better than average chance he hits the $20 Million mark. If he gets hurt or plays so so, it's probably likely we offer him low range contract in the $14 Million range until CJ gets ready or someone comes along. It's really all up to him, discuss.

HAMMER
08-03-2016, 05:28 PM
I'd like to be clear about this, Tyrod has the ability to pick his paycheck based on performance this season. If he does wonderfully and stats healthy, there's a better than average chance he hits the $20 Million mark. If he gets hurt or plays so so, it's probably likely we offer him low range contract in the $14 Million range until CJ gets ready or someone comes along. It's really all up to him, discuss.

That's about right.

Joe Fo Sho
08-03-2016, 05:51 PM
Tyrod has motivation

Eh, I just don't see it.

OpIv37
08-03-2016, 05:55 PM
"Player in contract year has motivation."

Wow, shocking news. My thoughts: Tyrod should call Drew Stafford for advice.

Mace
08-03-2016, 06:11 PM
More importantly I told him Bills fans were counting on him and he said "ok".

I think it was Tyrod Taylor anyway. He seemed in a hurry to get to the other customers at the pizza place. Looked a lot more Italian in person than I expected. But I heard the a guy say "nice throw Tyrod" when he tossed me key to the restroom.

OpIv37
08-03-2016, 06:20 PM

I think it was Tyrod Taylor anyway. He seemed in a hurry to get to the other customers at the pizza place. Looked a lot more Italian in person than I expected. But I heard the a guy say "nice throw Tyrod" when he tossed me key to the restroom.
So you think Italians can't do anything except make pizza? Racist.

sahlensguy
08-03-2016, 06:20 PM
Considering that his health is probably his biggest concern going forward, if he's motivated to make less plays with his legs, then I'm in.

sahlensguy
08-03-2016, 06:26 PM

Was at Rex?

Mace
08-03-2016, 06:33 PM

They throw a good restroom key also. He led me just enough to let me make a play on it over the kid trying to break up the toss.

- - - Updated - - -

Was at Rex?

That's what I thought, except he looked a lot shorter and more hispanic than I expected.

Skooby
08-03-2016, 11:00 PM

Say hi to OP in the restroom.

J/K.

jamze132
08-04-2016, 05:28 AM

Vino?

Skooby
08-04-2016, 03:38 PM
This seems about right:

LaC........

The Bills are able to come to terms with QB Tyrod Taylor, the template they are discussing is a bridge deal in the range of 2yrs, $30M

Crisis
08-04-2016, 03:43 PM
Bridge deal would be perfect for the team. I don't know why Tyrod would take that considering the risk of injury and seeing the deal Osweiler just got.

Typ0
08-04-2016, 03:46 PM

I kinda doubt Taylor does not get a contract in the next few days. Taylor has a lot to risk too his value is higher than he is being paid right now. Yes, with a great season it will go way up but waiting that long could be very costly if he ends his career this year he gets nothing....

sahlensguy
08-04-2016, 04:16 PM
Bridge deal would be perfect for the team. I don't know why Tyrod would take that considering the risk of injury and seeing the deal Osweiler just got.

What else is he going to do? He shouldn't sit out, and he shouldn't play for what he makes now. He needs to stay healthy but he also needs to play.

ghz in pittsburgh
08-04-2016, 05:47 PM

One hit and he could very well say bye-bye to any of the $15 million. And he has the style and body that is a big risk for this kind of hit...

OpIv37
08-04-2016, 05:56 PM
if we pay Tyrod before the end of the season, it's making the Fitz mistake all over again.

Night Train
08-04-2016, 06:03 PM
I want Taylor to progress and for Roman to give him more after his Rookie year as a starter.

Roll him out more and find the TE and slot receiver in the middle of the field.

Gilmore should never see big $ here and if a gamble is made early to extend Taylor, so be it. I'd rather they wait a bit but understand the thinking.

QB is the one and only position you overpay because half the starters in this league stink and there's no sure thing coming out of college. Look what Houston just did with Brock O. Miami last year with below average Tannehill and several other instances. Reality is good QB's are nowhere to be found.

And ALL QB's are one hit away from getting hurt. They take up a huge chunk of every teams cap. We all get that risk.

Skooby
08-04-2016, 06:39 PM
I think he needs to be paid the $30 Million for the next 2 seasons with a club option for a raise to $17.5 M / $19 M, a 4 year total. $25 Million Guaranteed.

sdbillsfan2
08-05-2016, 05:01 AM
I believe since there is now more video out there on Taylor , more teams will have a better opportunity to game plan on containing him. Lets be honest here. He's not going to scare anyone with his arm. Not every pass can be a long ball to Sammy. I say Tyrod may actually be less effective this yr. If he goes down .......well we all know EJ and Jones aren't much help.

sukie
08-05-2016, 05:32 AM
I want to root for players that are motivated AFTER signing contracts. Sheesh.

stuckincincy
08-05-2016, 01:03 PM
I want to root for players that are motivated AFTER signing contracts. Sheesh.

I hear ya. Many are, but many aren't. CIN former RT Andre Smith is a glaring example. IIRC, the old Boston Sox MLB Carl Yazstremski was another.

I think Taylor got something like 1.1M last year. That's a nice of chunk of change for part-time work. I'd guess that would motivate something like 99.9% of the planet's population.

sukie
08-05-2016, 01:10 PM
I hear ya. Many are, but many aren't. CIN former RT Andre Smith is a glaring example. IIRC, the old Boston Sox MLB Carl Yazstremski was another.

I think Taylor got something like 1.1M last year. That's a nice of chunk of change for part-time work. I'd guess that would motivate something like 99.9% of the planet's population.

I hear ya. I would love all the Bills to be proud athletes that want to be the best... Players! (Not financial guys)

BertSquirtgum
08-05-2016, 04:35 PM
Tyrod stinks.