X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DesertFox24
    • Jul 2005

Ugh...

Is it just me or is anyone else feel like this season is going to suck.

I just do not have any real optimism this year for some reason. Last year we came of 8-8 I will not count that week 17 win against pays for marone Rex was new thought we would have top 3 def.

This year yes it is great no new coordinators coaches or qb but with the schedule I just do not see 10 wins. I think we are looking at 7 or 8 wins. To many young guys in key positions in defense. Offense I just do not see a pass catching threat besides Sammy and clay that scares people. Teams will double Sammy put a safety on clay and play to stop the run.

I will still watch every game but I really do not see positivity happening. That coupled with the fact Rex and Doug probably fired when we win 7 is going to suck because we are going to rebuild yet again.

I did not want to hire Rex in the first place but since we did lets at least give him 4 years. Only way firing Rex and I would be ok with it is if Gregg Roman takes the job over full time. I actually think he will be one hell of a head coach one day sort of like Bruce arenas or Mike zimmer.
  • sahlensguy
    • Mar 2015

Re: Ugh...

Drink some Kool Aid.

Tyrod is going to pull it together in a contract year. Sammy will stay healthy. Clay will give a ****. Shady will be healthy. The D will gel without Mario and will be healthy. Carpenter will rebound. Etc...

Comment

• feldspar
      • Mar 2007

It's not just you, but it ain't me. I don't rule out a winning record. I really think it could go either way. At any rate, I expect things to be interesting no matter what. I'm psyched to see what happens. I plan on enjoying myself. I don't wait about 8 months for football season just to rain on my own parade when it finally is about to start.

I think we could be good this year.

And there is no way Whaley or Rex will be fired unless the team tanks in embarrassing fashion...even then, only maybe. That whole "make the playoffs or else" ultimatum was invented by the media. There is no truth to it, no matter who thinks what about it.

Comment

• sukie
        Seriously?
        • Sep 2012

9-7 is a winning record and underwhelming at the same time

Comment

• jimmifli
          • Nov 2006

My give-a-****ter isn't working as well as it used to. I'll watch but I'm not as emotionally invested as I once was.

They'll probably suck, it'd be nice if they didn't though.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
            Zero for Zero!
            • Mar 2003

4-12
            Originally posted by mysticsoto
            Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• feldspar
              • Mar 2007

Originally posted by jimmifli View Post
              I'll watch but I'm not as emotionally invested as I once was.
              Don't kid yourself...sure you will.

Comment

• trapezeus
                Legendary Zoner
                • Oct 2004

it's not that just what the original poster said, but its the fact that rex is so volatile and outspoken that if the wheels are kind of coming off early, they will completely come undone. if its going well early, his volatility and poor in game decisions can still sink us quickly.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                  Peterman Sucks!
                  • Mar 2006

They had a weaker schedule last year and didn't take advantage by building upon the success of the last Marrone year...

This year, they have a tougher schedule, loss of key personnel - no losing Mario and replacing him with basically no one since Lawson likely doesn't see the field in 2016 isn't making yourself better no matter how you wanna spin it. No backup RB really in the first 4 games. A QB who was exposed in the Pro Bowl as to why he didn't throw over the middle. No slot receiver of any value, lost Hogan and replaced him with...uh nothing. No nickel corner. And a blowhard at HC who got worse every season at his last stop.

3-6 into the bye. 6-10 or 7-9 overall.

Comment

• k-oneputt
                    • Jun 2009

Mario is addition by subtraction.
                    Plenty of runners to be the backup rb, not important in the beginning of the season.
                    Tyrod is a ?
                    Hogan is no big loss.
                    Not worried at all about cb as long is everyone is healthy.
                    Rex, ?????, time to put up.

If Tyrod plays 16 games they win 9 or 10. If he goes down and EJ comes in they are done.

Comment

• Swiper
                      • Sep 2010

Originally posted by DesertFox24 View Post
                      Is it just me or is anyone else feel like this season is going to suck.

I just do not have any real optimism this year for some reason. Last year we came of 8-8 I will not count that week 17 win against pays for marone Rex was new thought we would have top 3 def.

This year yes it is great no new coordinators coaches or qb but with the schedule I just do not see 10 wins. I think we are looking at 7 or 8 wins. To many young guys in key positions in defense. Offense I just do not see a pass catching threat besides Sammy and clay that scares people. Teams will double Sammy put a safety on clay and play to stop the run.

I will still watch every game but I really do not see positivity happening. That coupled with the fact Rex and Doug probably fired when we win 7 is going to suck because we are going to rebuild yet again.

I did not want to hire Rex in the first place but since we did lets at least give him 4 years. Only way firing Rex and I would be ok with it is if Gregg Roman takes the job over full time. I actually think he will be one hell of a head coach one day sort of like Bruce arenas or Mike zimmer.
                      I agree with most of what you posted. I agree about Ryan. I live in Jets territory. The fans have grown quietly (and that's not like them) confident since the Jets signed Wilkerson then Fitzpatrick. The Jets could be the AFC East dark horse now, if they are able to build on their last year.

As for the Bills, I too watch every game although I hate the Ryans, Whaley, the owner and his lackeys. Now that Fred is gone and the QBs all suck, there aren't really any players I like all that much either.

Comment

• Mace
                        Haha...yeah you think so ?
                        • Mar 2013

I'm looking forward to the season like always, I hope for the best but don't expect it. I'll always love the team but find them unlikable, though I like Roman and some of the players. That matters less than it might seem, though I despise him I hope for Ryans to be successful.

I have this peculiar feeling the offense will go backwards and the defense will improve. My thought would be 8-8, though I would say they could range from 6-10 to 9-7 depending.

I know neither Ryan or Whaley are going anywhere. I'm expecting stupid things to happen again, that's the nature of Rex, but I have a feeling too that Rob comes out of this looking better than expected.

I enjoy the buildup this time of the year.

Comment

• OpIv37
                          Acid Douching Asswipe
                          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by k-oneputt View Post
                          Mario is addition by subtraction.
                          Plenty of runners to be the backup rb, not important in the beginning of the season.
                          Tyrod is a ?
                          Hogan is no big loss.
                          Not worried at all about cb as long is everyone is healthy.
                          Rex, ?????, time to put up.

If Tyrod plays 16 games they win 9 or 10. If he goes down and EJ comes in they are done.
                          There is no such thing as addition by subtraction. One of the few bright spots over the past few years is that this team is pretty good at ditching problematic players. However, they're pretty bad at replacing them with someone equal or better.

Shaq MAY be Mario's replacement if he pans out, but he won't be healthy at the start of the season, and with no camp or preseason, it's likely that he will struggle for a few weeks upon his return. Until Shaq returns and contributes, we are worse off than we were with Mario.
                          MiKiDo Facebook
                          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Swiper
                            • Sep 2010

Shaq will be lucky to be a poor man's Mario Williams. Whatever certain self-loathing posters think, Williams earned his reputation by making sacks. Shaq Lawson has done exactly nothing. He needs to prove he's better than Dee Williams, Erik Flowers, and Ryan Denney. Until he gets on the field and does it, he's nothing other than an injured, wasted draft pick.

Comment

• Ingtar33
                              Dances With Buffaloes
                              • Sep 2002

when i saw the schedule i said "8-8"

frankly i've seen nothing that changes my mind on this assessment, and i think 8-8 will be performing better then expected. If we were playing this season 10 times in a row, i think we'd probably get a 7-9 or 6-10 more often then not. 10-6 is definately the absolute ceiling this team will have with this schedule; and if they manage to get there we should be looking at a 25-30mil/year QB in tyrod to do it, plus we should be hailing our head coach as a genious. I just don't think 10-6 is even reasonable to expect, I have problems finding 9 wins on our schedule.
                              My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X