• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DraftBoy
    Administrator
    • Jul 2002

Reggie Ragland Injury (Knee)

Buffalo Bills linebacker Reggie Ragland went down with a knee injury during practice Friday. An MRI on the knee was inconclusive, forcing the linebacker to seek a second opinion Monday.

Could the Buffalo Bills be without their top two 2016 draft picks when the season opens?

Second-round linebacker Reggie Ragland went down during Friday's practice with a non-contact knee injury while chasing down running back Reggie Bush.

The Bills are unsure of the extent of the injury, but coach Rex Ryan said he's "very concerned," per WKBW's Joe Buscaglia. As of now the team doesn't believe the injury involved ligament damage.

Ryan's concern is foreboding. There will certainly be an update to come on Ragland's status soon.

Rex added that Ragland injury "looked odd" because he wasn't hit. "But sometimes those can be the worse ones," he said, via ESPN.
    The dreaded non-contact injury.
    COMING SOON...
    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!
  • sahlensguy
    • Mar 2015

Re: Reggie Ragland Injury (Knee)

4-12

Comment

• Luisito23
      Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
      • Apr 2003

Just wake me up in 2018, or 19, or 20...
      "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
      ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
      ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
      ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

• Yasgur's Farm
        • Feb 2005

2 starting LB's and 1 of their back-ups are down... Maybe reason for return to 4-3.

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm View Post
          2 starting LB's and 1 of their back-ups are down... Maybe reason for return to 4-3.
          It'll never happen. Why? Because if the D is better than last year, people will wonder why Rex made the switch to the 3-4 and why he didn't switch back sooner when it didn't work. He can't risk that blow to his ego.
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Swiper
            • Sep 2010

The hits just keep on coming. Hopefully it's not too bad.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
              Skoobasaurus-Rex
              • Oct 2011

Rex should of jinxed them a little more and said 3 non-starters coming off the hospital bus. Whoever thinks our first pick is playing this season in any type of capacity has another thing coming, that's what I heard. Have at it OP, since we hit another wall today.
              Last edited by Skooby; 08-05-2016, 11:01 AM.

Comment

• OpIv37
                Acid Douching Asswipe
                • Sep 2002

Originally posted by MitchMurrayDowntown View Post
                Rex should of jinxed them a little more and said 3 non-starters coming off the hospital bus. Whoever thinks our first pick is playing this season in any type of capacity has another thing coming, that's what I heard. Have at it OP, since we hit another wall today.
                There isn't a whole lot left to say. I said earlier that in order to make the playoffs, this team will have to win 2-3 more games than last year's total of 8. This is not a deep team, so any regular missing significant time greatly decreases the likelihood of doing that. We already know Karlos Williams is out four games and Shaq is out at least 4. If Ragland misses any time..... Well, my initial thought when the schedule was released was 6-10. If these injuries keep piling up, that may prove to be optimistic.
                MiKiDo Facebook
                MiKiDo Website

Comment

• stuckincincy
                  Buffalo Bills Fan
                  • Sep 2003

CIN lost their #1, CB Wm. Jackson, to a torn pectoral. 2 TE's penciled in to replace Tyler Eifert got injured. Other clubs also have similar problems.

I'm trying to figure out why spates of camp injuries seem to be the norm now.

Camp is "softer" nowadays - fewer sessions, less contact.

Is it because players - vet and non-vet alike, aren't conditioning themselves, on their own, during the off-season?
                  Are the physiques of today's players stretching the limits of human body?

Any ideas?
                  Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• OpIv37
                    Acid Douching Asswipe
                    • Sep 2002

Originally posted by stuckincincy View Post
                    CIN lost their #1, CB Wm. Jackson, to a torn pectoral. 2 TE's penciled in to replace Tyler Eifert got injured. Other clubs also have similar problems.

I'm trying to figure out why spates of camp injuries seem to be the norm now.

Camp is "softer" nowadays - fewer sessions, less contact.

Is it because players - vet and non-vet alike, aren't conditioning themselves, on their own, during the off-season?
                    Are the physiques of today's players stretching the limits of human body?

Any ideas?
                    Probably all of what you mentioned plus some other stuff.

Some of it is perception too. 15 or 20 years ago, people in Buffalo wouldn't have known if Cincy's two backup TE's got hurt in camp. Now, we get real time updates of any injury anywhere in the league.
                    MiKiDo Facebook
                    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• stuckincincy
                      Buffalo Bills Fan
                      • Sep 2003

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post

Some of it is perception too. 15 or 20 years ago, people in Buffalo wouldn't have known if Cincy's two backup TE's got hurt in camp. Now, we get real time updates of any injury anywhere in the league.
                      Good point.
                      Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                        Skoobasaurus-Rex
                        • Oct 2011

Real time with Video & nearly instant diagnosis, info travels fast. All too accurate OP.

Comment

• trapezeus
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Oct 2004

I hope these injuries don't save rex from being judged if and when the team performs poorly. a fail is a fail. russ needs to go and everyone beneath him should come under fire.

Comment

• sukie
                            Seriously?
                            • Sep 2012

It'll never happen. Why? Because if the D is better than last year, people will wonder why Rex made the switch to the 3-4 and why he didn't switch back sooner when it didn't work. He can't risk that blow to his ego.
                            is the ego bigger than the need to remain employed? Perhaps.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                              Skoobasaurus-Rex
                              • Oct 2011

Originally posted by sukie View Post
                              is the ego bigger than the need to remain employed? Perhaps.
                              I answered that in another thread, the people in charge have a plan to stay in town.

Comment

Working...
                              X