PDA

View Full Version : Reggie Ragland Injury (Knee)

DraftBoy
08-05-2016, 10:08 AM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000680676/article/rex-ryan-very-concerned-after-lb-reggie-ragland-injures-knee

Could the Buffalo Bills be without their top two 2016 draft picks when the season opens?

Second-round linebacker Reggie Ragland went down during Friday's practice with a non-contact knee injury while chasing down running back Reggie Bush.

The Bills are unsure of the extent of the injury, but coach Rex Ryan said he's "very concerned," per WKBW's Joe Buscaglia. As of now the team doesn't believe the injury involved ligament damage.

Ryan's concern is foreboding. There will certainly be an update to come on Ragland's status soon.

Rex added that Ragland injury "looked odd" because he wasn't hit. "But sometimes those can be the worse ones," he said, via ESPN.

The dreaded non-contact injury.

sahlensguy
08-05-2016, 10:15 AM
4-12

Luisito23
08-05-2016, 10:26 AM
Just wake me up in 2018, or 19, or 20...:opiv:

Yasgur's Farm
08-05-2016, 10:38 AM
2 starting LB's and 1 of their back-ups are down... Maybe reason for return to 4-3.

OpIv37
08-05-2016, 10:43 AM
2 starting LB's and 1 of their back-ups are down... Maybe reason for return to 4-3.

It'll never happen. Why? Because if the D is better than last year, people will wonder why Rex made the switch to the 3-4 and why he didn't switch back sooner when it didn't work. He can't risk that blow to his ego.

swiper
08-05-2016, 10:53 AM
The hits just keep on coming. Hopefully it's not too bad.

Skooby
08-05-2016, 10:57 AM
Rex should of jinxed them a little more and said 3 non-starters coming off the hospital bus. Whoever thinks our first pick is playing this season in any type of capacity has another thing coming, that's what I heard. Have at it OP, since we hit another wall today.

OpIv37
08-05-2016, 11:06 AM
Rex should of jinxed them a little more and said 3 non-starters coming off the hospital bus. Whoever thinks our first pick is playing this season in any type of capacity has another thing coming, that's what I heard. Have at it OP, since we hit another wall today.

There isn't a whole lot left to say. I said earlier that in order to make the playoffs, this team will have to win 2-3 more games than last year's total of 8. This is not a deep team, so any regular missing significant time greatly decreases the likelihood of doing that. We already know Karlos Williams is out four games and Shaq is out at least 4. If Ragland misses any time..... Well, my initial thought when the schedule was released was 6-10. If these injuries keep piling up, that may prove to be optimistic.

stuckincincy
08-05-2016, 11:42 AM
CIN lost their #1, CB Wm. Jackson, to a torn pectoral. 2 TE's penciled in to replace Tyler Eifert got injured. Other clubs also have similar problems.

I'm trying to figure out why spates of camp injuries seem to be the norm now.

Camp is "softer" nowadays - fewer sessions, less contact.

Is it because players - vet and non-vet alike, aren't conditioning themselves, on their own, during the off-season?
Are the physiques of today's players stretching the limits of human body?

Any ideas?

OpIv37
08-05-2016, 12:14 PM
CIN lost their #1, CB Wm. Jackson, to a torn pectoral. 2 TE's penciled in to replace Tyler Eifert got injured. Other clubs also have similar problems.

I'm trying to figure out why spates of camp injuries seem to be the norm now.

Camp is "softer" nowadays - fewer sessions, less contact.

Is it because players - vet and non-vet alike, aren't conditioning themselves, on their own, during the off-season?
Are the physiques of today's players stretching the limits of human body?

Any ideas?
Probably all of what you mentioned plus some other stuff.

Some of it is perception too. 15 or 20 years ago, people in Buffalo wouldn't have known if Cincy's two backup TE's got hurt in camp. Now, we get real time updates of any injury anywhere in the league.

stuckincincy
08-05-2016, 12:40 PM

Some of it is perception too. 15 or 20 years ago, people in Buffalo wouldn't have known if Cincy's two backup TE's got hurt in camp. Now, we get real time updates of any injury anywhere in the league.

Good point.

Skooby
08-05-2016, 12:57 PM

Real time with Video & nearly instant diagnosis, info travels fast. All too accurate OP.

trapezeus
08-05-2016, 01:00 PM
I hope these injuries don't save rex from being judged if and when the team performs poorly. a fail is a fail. russ needs to go and everyone beneath him should come under fire.

sukie
08-05-2016, 01:36 PM
It'll never happen. Why? Because if the D is better than last year, people will wonder why Rex made the switch to the 3-4 and why he didn't switch back sooner when it didn't work. He can't risk that blow to his ego.

is the ego bigger than the need to remain employed? Perhaps.

Skooby
08-05-2016, 01:38 PM
is the ego bigger than the need to remain employed? Perhaps.

I answered that in another thread, the people in charge have a plan to stay in town.

YardRat
08-05-2016, 02:39 PM
lol...Good thing we won the off season, because so far training camp is kicking the **** out of us.

Skooby
08-05-2016, 02:41 PM
lol...Good thing we won the off season, because so far training camp is kicking the **** out of us.

If Rex or anyone says anything the playoffs, I'll freaking snap. We are tracking 13th in the conference via my folks, this was before Ragland went down.

Mace
08-05-2016, 04:27 PM

He doesn't know how to run anything but his own defense, isn't flexible or adaptable, or you'd have seen better defense last year.

sudzy
08-05-2016, 05:22 PM
Will any of the 2016 draft class make it to week one?

DesertFox24
08-05-2016, 05:52 PM
Any new updates hopefully nothing major but knowing this team it is an acl. Meaning our 4.7 coverage limited lb will now be a 5.0 terrible coverage guy or Brandon spikes and will nt be able to play against pats

Mace
08-05-2016, 06:35 PM
Any new updates hopefully nothing major but knowing this team it is an acl. Meaning our 4.7 coverage limited lb will now be a 5.0 terrible coverage guy or Brandon spikes and will nt be able to play against pats

Well, I'm not sure it's anything to jump up and down about, but they still have Zach Brown, and Lorenzo Alexander is having a good camp if it's a short term injury and they do some juggling.

Goobylal
08-05-2016, 11:54 PM

Did the surgery go poorly or is his recovery going poorly?

justasportsfan
08-06-2016, 05:47 AM
https://youtu.be/0mqqTt0_QMQ

Skooby
08-06-2016, 08:04 AM
MRI inconclusive, more tests Monday.

feldspar
08-06-2016, 01:03 PM
I wanna know now, dammit.

swiper
08-06-2016, 01:56 PM
Ragland Will Get Second Opinion (http://www.wgr550.com/Ragland-Will-Get-Second-Opinion/22835544)

Mace
08-06-2016, 05:58 PM
I wanna know now, dammit.

I was going to go into his knee with the scope for an update, but the police made me leave. Well ok, I didn't really have the right equipment, just a pocketknife and a magnifying glass, but that also kept me from additional charges.

BertSquirtgum
08-06-2016, 09:31 PM
The Buffalo Bills are cursed. There's no other logical explanation for the amount of bad luck this team has.

Luisito23
08-06-2016, 09:47 PM
The Buffalo Bills are cursed. There's no other logical explanation for the amount of bad luck this team has.

I came to that same conclusion years ago...:err:

stuckincincy
08-06-2016, 09:57 PM
I came to that same conclusion years ago...:err:

The only thing that finally convinced small-market Cincy owner Brown to make a decent go of it was ten years of crappy ticket sales. Even now, the mistrust among fans is such that sellouts are chronically iffy.

As long as BUF fans pack the house year after year, expect no substantive change.

SpikedLemonade
08-07-2016, 06:04 AM
NOT a concern.

Our staff and fans are Faith Healers ==>http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php/233883-Any-Faith-Healers-Here-Bills-Fans-Who-Are-Faith-Healers

Skooby
08-07-2016, 09:10 AM

Truer a word nary spoke.