• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Skooby
    Skoobasaurus-Rex
    • Oct 2011

Rex & Whaley want to be retained, so we drafted players for future use only

The news I heard is Rex & Whaley are trying to do things to save their jobs. Our picks were based on future use / development more than use this season. That way they have a solid argument that we will get better next season, next season.

P.S. Here's a quote / link to Whaley's blabber:

"At least three [starters]," Whaley said, via NFL Media. "Shaq Lawson is going to walk in off the bus starting. Reggie Ragland and then Adolphus Washington -- all three of those guys will start right off the bus. And we're excited for some guys from the fourth through sixth rounds that will contribute for us."

Have at it OP, I did this because I'm sick of this crap. Plan on the local / national press questioning everything soon, it's obvious we can't field a NFL starting team & drafting dudes first with known shoulder issues isn't really helping the team today. I'm really upset about this.
    Last edited by Skooby; 08-05-2016, 01:41 PM.
  • MitchMurrayDowntown
    Skoobasaurus-Rex
    • Oct 2011

Re: Rex & Whaley want to be retained, so we drafted players for future use only

The bus carrying all 3 of those guys together to be able to start is scheduled to arrive around May 2017, so be prepared.
    Last edited by Skooby; 08-05-2016, 01:41 PM.

Comment

• stuckincincy
      Buffalo Bills Fan
      • Sep 2003

RWS sellouts year after year. Case closed.
      Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• Ginger Vitis
        • Feb 2009

Are your sources telling you Whaley/Rex know they are going to lose and not make the playoffs in 2016? And 2017 is the year?

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
          Skoobasaurus-Rex
          • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Ginger Vitis View Post
          Are your sources telling you Whaley/Rex know they are going to lose and not make the playoffs in 2016? And 2017 is the year?
          Yes. We are being tracked to finish 12th in the conference, only San Diego / TN / Cleveland to finish worse (In that order 14-16). I'm actually quite upset about this, it's sickening. That doesn't mean we couldn't do better but the management has basically planned for the future, looking past this season. The odds on Whaley or Rex being let go are low, the owner already has all this news.

So OP is onto something even though he supposedly knows "nothing", he's perpetually preparing us for stuff like this. I'm still hopefully because of the homer in me but TBH, we looked pretty F-d.

P.S. Ragland going down today makes it even worse, Pegula was there as well.
          Last edited by Skooby; 08-05-2016, 02:35 PM.

Comment

• Ginger Vitis
            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by MitchMurrayDowntown View Post
            Yes. We are being tracked to finish 12th in the conference, only San Diego / TN / Cleveland to finish worse (In that order 14-16). I'm actually quite upset about this, it's sickening. That doesn't mean we couldn't do better but the management has basically planned for the future, looking past this season. The odds on Whaley or Rex being let go are low, the owner already has all this news.

So OP is onto something even though he supposedly knows "nothing", he's perpetually preparing us for stuff like this. I'm still hopefully because of the homer in me but TBH, we looked pretty F-d.

Why does the Bills front office think after 8-8 last year they are going to take 2 steps back and finish 12th/13th this year?Shaq Lawsons injury? Dareus being out of shape? Inevitable Taylor gets hurt and Manuel will have to play? Players look like crap in minicamps and training camp?

Comment

• RobRyanFan
              • Feb 2016

I noticed that. Terry was in a golf cart directly in front of where Ragland got injured.

Comment

• YardRat
                Well, lookie here...
                • Dec 2004

Losing isn't usually the best business model to follow if you're trying to keep your job in professional sports.
                YardRat Wall of Fame
                #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Mace
                  Haha...yeah you think so ?
                  • Mar 2013

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
                  Losing isn't usually the best business model to follow if you're trying to keep your job in professional sports.
                  Kind of like how masses of fans staying away from games to punish a team for losing isn't a good business model for making a team successful or keeping it.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                    Peterman Sucks!
                    • Mar 2006

Dunno why they would go with that model for building the team, I think they're pretty safe regardless what happens this year barring a 3 or 4 win collapse. I've been called negative all over this board over the years and I don't even see that being a possibility. The team has enough talent to be a middling team, like always, and pick around 14th in the draft in 2017.

However they're gonna have a huge selling point coming into next year basically saying we're going into the 2017 season with two first round high caliber talent rookies. Don't think Shaq Lawson sees the field this year.

Next year is gonna be the measuring stick on if Whaley and Ryan stay. And I can see them both staying even if we don't make the playoffs then. Say a 9-7 finish and one game out of the last wild card. 2018 will likely be the playoffs or they're fired year.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                      Skoobasaurus-Rex
                      • Oct 2011

In other words, "Just wait until 2017." That's when it will all come together.
                      With top pick Shaq Lawson gone for two months and second-rounder Reggie Ragland out for the season, Rex Ryan already can make a case for another year.

Sorry it took so long to show up.
                      Last edited by Skooby; 08-11-2016, 11:54 AM.

Comment

• stuckincincy
                        Buffalo Bills Fan
                        • Sep 2003

Thanks, Mitch...good article.
                        Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• feldspar
                          • Mar 2007

I might be better off googling my favorite movies, and read the posts from people who gave them one star.

That might be a better use of my time rather than reading this **** from you fabulous people in the know.
                          Last edited by feldspar; 08-11-2016, 12:32 PM.

Comment

• Goobylal
                            • Jan 2004

How do you get that they drafted players for future use? Ragland was going to be a starter until he went down. They already named Washington a starter. And they thought Lawson could play the season with his shoulder issue and get it fixed afterwards. Those are the top three players. After that it's a crapshoot whether they'll contribute.

Comment

• Swiper
                              • Sep 2010

Originally posted by Ginger Vitis View Post
                              He has to check with his research department before he can answer that.

Comment

Working...
                              X