PDA

View Full Version : Rumor- Brandon Spikes might be coming to the Bills

Skooby
08-07-2016, 09:20 AM
I just had someone tell me that Brandon Spikes was coming back to the Bills, it's a rumor and not any solid source but I thought I'd mention it.

So again, it's a rumor and not anything solid like Reggie Bush will be a Buffalo Bills player.

YardRat
08-07-2016, 09:24 AM
I wanted to keep Spikes (and Schwartz) the first time around, unfortunately right now he probably won't have anywhere near the impact he had in '14 under Wrecks and his system. They are hurting at ILB at the moment.

DraftBoy
08-07-2016, 09:42 AM
His agent has confirmed via twitter that he has signed with the Bills.

SeatownBillsFan21
08-07-2016, 09:53 AM
Done deal welcome back Spikes.

IlluminatusUIUC
08-07-2016, 10:00 AM
Doesn't he have a pending suspension?

DraftBoy
08-07-2016, 10:03 AM

Technically served it last year.

Jan Reimers
08-07-2016, 10:03 AM
Think he served it last season.

Skooby
08-07-2016, 10:17 AM
His agent has confirmed via twitter that he has signed with the Bills.

I posted this right after getting the call, so that didn't take too long.

His Suspension was served as a FA, so he's good to go. It's a one year deal.

Skooby
08-08-2016, 07:02 AM
I write this up and about an hour later it gets announced yet if this got delayed, I get torn a new one. Where are all the F-ers that want to talk S- it ?? Can't come on here and give credit can you ?? POS's.

I'll give more cryptic stuff without real answers and watch you B------s squirm, you won't give credit when due but will give crap when not (even after a signing). Ungrateful JO's. Consider this the quick make-up for making you wait on Reggie, A-wipes.

Mahdi
08-08-2016, 07:17 AM
If he can stay out of trouble he is a great signing for this defense.

Both Lawsons are good run defenders so we lost a lot in that department. Spikes will bring in some toughness and strength against the run.

Most of all though, I just like his fire and attitude.

kscdogbillsfan1221
08-08-2016, 09:24 AM
I write this up and about an hour later it gets announced yet if this got delayed, I get torn a new one. Where are all the F-ers that want to talk S- it ?? Can't come on here and give credit can you ?? POS's.

I'll give more cryptic stuff without real answers and watch you B------s squirm, you won't give credit when due but will give crap when not (even after a signing). Ungrateful JO's. Consider this the quick make-up for making you wait on Reggie, A-wipes.

I gave you crap about Reggie Bush because of the 6 day delay

but yes, good work on this scoop Skoob

keep it coming. appreciated.

Skooby
08-08-2016, 09:47 AM

I appreciate that, way to step up and be cool. If I can get grief, I can get a little love.

justasportsfan
08-08-2016, 10:25 AM
I appreciate that, way to step up and be cool. If I can get grief, I can get a little love.

you got it skoobs. Good call on this.

Mr. Pink
08-08-2016, 10:57 AM
Bringing back Spikes makes me think that Raglands injury is a lot more serious than what is being publicly let on.

Seems as if Spikes is replacing Ragland for the year because Ragland won't be able to go.

Good signing though, similar type players, Ragland can learn from the bench, tape and observation of how Spikes plays the game at this level.

Mr. Pink
08-08-2016, 10:58 AM

Good call Skoobs on this and Bush.

You deserve the grief when you get it wrong but you also deserve props for getting it right!

:up:

The last buffalo fan
08-08-2016, 12:04 PM
Me likey Spikey!

BertSquirtgum
08-08-2016, 01:35 PM

You're a *****.

Mahdi
08-08-2016, 03:23 PM

Doesn't the 6 day delay mean he knew 6 days before anyone else? Kinda makes it a bigger call than Spikes...

Skooby
08-08-2016, 04:24 PM
Doesn't the 6 day delay mean he knew 6 days before anyone else? Kinda makes it a bigger call than Spikes...

I appreciate that, I took it that way as well but my wording on it being done and actually signed was poor. I wrote it fast after hearing it & it's my fault for not clarifying it properly. You'll notice on this one I wrote rumor and put all type of disclaimers in the post so no one could possible mistake this as anything but a possibility. I get all kinds of calls because I'm a huge fan and everyone I know, knows I want to hear anything going on (gossip). I enjoy it and hope it helps us get a glimpse of things to come, good or bad.

Thanks to all.

feldspar
08-08-2016, 04:50 PM
I appreciate that, I took it that way as well but my wording on it being done and actually signed was poor. I wrote it fast after hearing it & it's my fault for not clarifying it properly. You'll notice on this one I wrote rumor and put all type of disclaimers in the post so no one could possible mistake this as anything but a possibility. I get all kinds of calls because I'm a huge fan and everyone I know, knows I want to hear anything going on (gossip). I enjoy it and hope it helps us get a glimpse of things to come, good or bad.

Thanks to all.

Wording, nothing. You didn't know a thing about that, which is fine unless you claimed to. You had no inside inside scoop about Bush, just admit it. Everyone already knew the Bills had interest in him when you said he was already signed. Six days later he was signed. Now you're trying to say what?

You backtrack a lot, like when you said that you thought the Bills were going to sign Fitzpatrick. When that didn't happen and somebody called you on it, you claimed that what you meant was that you thought the Bills will sign a veteran QB, and not necessarily Fitz himself. Claimed the person couldn't read. But it was clear as day that you said you thought the Bills would sign Fitzy...don't make me go through the process of proving that. It's right there to see in your post.

Spikes was on the cusp.

Just don't pretend you are a huge insider with the scoop.

Don't mean to sound like an ass, because I like ya. But I can't just listen to this without saying something.

Skooby
08-08-2016, 05:08 PM
Wording, nothing. You didn't know a thing about that, which is fine unless you claimed to. You had no inside inside scoop about Bush, just admit it. Everyone already knew the Bills had interest in him when you said he was already signed. Six days later he was signed. Now you're trying to say what?

You backtrack a lot, like when you said that you thought the Bills were going to sign Fitzpatrick. When that didn't happen and somebody called you on it, you claimed that what you meant was that you thought the Bills will sign a veteran QB, and not necessarily Fitz himself. Claimed the person couldn't read. But it was clear as day that you said you thought the Bills would sign Fitzy...don't make me go through the process of proving that. It's right there to see in your post.

Spikes was on the cusp.

Just don't pretend you are a huge insider with the scoop.

Don't mean to sound like an ass, because I like ya. But I can't just listen to this without saying something.

It's cool about how you feel. My buddy works at the airport and told me that Spikes had just landed to sign with the Bills, that's how I found out. So in this instance, it wasn't an inside source but simply a tip from a buddy. Does that count in your handbook ?

feldspar
08-08-2016, 05:16 PM
It's cool about how you feel. My buddy works at the airport and told me that Spikes had just landed to sign with the Bills, that's how I found out. So in this instance, it wasn't an inside source but simply a tip from a buddy. Does that count in your handbook ?

Yeah, I guess in that instance it counts. I honestly didn't hear anything about the Bills being interested in Spikes until I read your post here. Makes sense. I'll give you that one on faith.

Spikes is a great pickup. Especially under the circumstances, I don't think we could have dreamed of doing better. Thought about him as a possibility before.