PDA

View Full Version : Speculation - Ragland injury serious

Skooby
08-07-2016, 10:48 AM
We signed 2 LB - Spikes / Hawthorne, so we will not be hearing good news about Ragland. Bills being very proactive to try and do well this season.

Yasgur's Farm
08-07-2016, 11:02 AM
Skooby... Fixed title... It was misleading.

Skooby
08-07-2016, 11:16 AM
Skooby... Fixed title... It was misleading.

We sign 2 LB on Sunday, this is common sense and not speculation.

The Jokeman
08-07-2016, 11:24 AM
We sign 2 LB on Sunday, this is common sense and not speculation.

Maybe because we had 2 LBs injured? As we also lost Kevin Reddick to a MCL sprain.
http://www.todayspigskin.com/pigskin-news/bills-kevin-reddick-mcl-sprain/

Skooby
08-07-2016, 11:28 AM
Maybe because we had 2 LBs injured? As we also lost Kevin Reddick to a MCL sprain.
http://www.todayspigskin.com/pigskin-news/bills-kevin-reddick-mcl-sprain/

If they couldn't get past the knee swelling to get a clear picture, his injury is going to keep him off the field for a while. I consider that serious and it's a Sunday, so the team is worried / working as well.

The Jokeman
08-07-2016, 11:36 AM
If they couldn't get past the knee swelling to get a clear picture, his injury is going to keep him off the field for a while. I consider that serious and it's a Sunday, so the team is worried / working as well.

He's obviously going to miss time but until we know the full report I'm not going to go "chicken little" over it. Besides it was nice that could add some veteran depth to help shore up the position.

Skooby
08-07-2016, 11:38 AM
He's obviously going to miss time but until we know the full report I'm not going to go "chicken little" over it. Besides it was nice that could add some veteran depth to help shore up the position.

It's not chicken little at all, his injury and our lack of depth at LB is forcing the team to go out and get 2 new LB's.

trapezeus
08-07-2016, 11:41 AM
Fully healthy with Rex as coach this was a 6 win team. I'm seeing them as a 4 win team at this point. In game coaching is a huge weakness now hampered by lack of depth on d.

Skooby
08-07-2016, 11:52 AM
Fully healthy with Rex as coach this was a 6 win team. I'm seeing them as a 4 win team at this point. In game coaching is a huge weakness now hampered by lack of depth on d.

We are tracking 13th in the conference right now as I have mentioned previously, so that's about a 5-6 win season. I would take the under on the win line at 8, it's not looking good for us.

swiper
08-07-2016, 12:05 PM
It's going to take these LBers some time to get into game shape. They were signed early so they could get there, just in case the injury is a bad one.

trapezeus
08-07-2016, 12:10 PM
Is 8 wins the Vegas line?

Ginger Vitis
08-07-2016, 01:09 PM
Bills being very proactive to try and do well this season.

You said 3 days ago the Bills FO is expecting to finish 12th in the conference this year lol

Skooby
08-07-2016, 01:43 PM
You said 3 days ago the Bills FO is expecting to finish 12th in the conference this year lol

Trying to do well doesn't mean they can't but analytics has made it look like we are F-D. It's 13th, with 3 teams being worse.

Yasgur's Farm
08-07-2016, 04:13 PM
We sign 2 LB on Sunday, this is common sense and not speculation.BS... Give me a link, tweet, fart noise... Anything. This is nothing but speculation... Even if it becomes fact in the future.

Yasgur's Farm
08-07-2016, 04:24 PM
That being said... Let me add to the speculation...

Rex Ryan-
Opening Statement: Obviously, last night, you know, we found out, you know, with Reggie (Ragland), you know, there’s something we had mentioned that we’re definitely concerned over the knee. We don’t have any specifics for you yet. Quite honestly, we’re going to let--we have to get the swelling out of there before we know exactly what it is. So however long that takes, we’re not real sure. But, with that being said there’s, obviously, with a knee there is a lot of concern. So we’ll have some guys come in, work some guys out tomorrow, see how that goes, you know, just in case. And quite honestly we lost three linebackers. We’re only down to three linebackers today for the scrimmage, the inside backers and really injuries in general. So, we’re just going to shorten up our scrimmage. I know we told you about we’re going to have a two minute— and we’re not gong to be able to do that because the numbers, we’re just so down there. We want to make sure we’re taking care of our players. We want to get some work done this is a big night for our players. And, you know, next step and, you know, the progression and, you know, next week, obviously, the preseason game. And, quite honestly, some starters will probably play tonight more than they’ll play even in that first preseason game. So, it’s a big night, but with that being said it’s going to be a much shorter night than it was, you know, last year.

YardRat
08-07-2016, 05:38 PM
Well, at least we're not talking about the woes at the RB position anymore.

DraftBoy
08-07-2016, 06:11 PM
Schefter is reporting that it's a partial ACL tear.

feldspar
08-07-2016, 06:18 PM

I made a thread saying that.

Skooby
08-07-2016, 06:25 PM

So does that make an late October / Early November return possible ?

DesertFox24
08-07-2016, 06:50 PM
Well there goes any reason for me to watch the preseason. Only reason I ever watch is to see young players who may start or play a lot.

Ugh oh well it is what it is. Pegula will clean house and it will be another three year rebuilding process.

Bills will be good in 2019 yes.

Typ0
08-07-2016, 06:57 PM
I doubt they will know anything until it's repaired and he gets in rehab. This Defense is in rough shape....

Typ0
08-07-2016, 07:00 PM
Well there goes any reason for me to watch the preseason. Only reason I ever watch is to see young players who may start or play a lot.

Ugh oh well it is what it is. Pegula will clean house and it will be another three year rebuilding process.

Bills will be good in 2019 yes.

Rex will last for another season after this one. He's on coast collecting as much $$$ as he can for retirement right now. Brought in Rob to get some more in the family....Rob will take the fall in the off season. These guys think they are smarter than everyone else that is why no one understands them ...

HHURRICANE
08-07-2016, 07:04 PM
BS... Give me a link, tweet, fart noise... Anything. This is nothing but speculation... Even if it becomes fact in the future.

Dude it's not looking good when the coach is saying its not looking good.

DraftBoy
08-07-2016, 07:13 PM
So does that make an late October / Early November return possible ?
Depends, the fact that it's a partial or full tear is relatively inconsequential to if the knee is still stable or unstable. The question about stability will determine the course of treatment and length of time out.

Yasgur's Farm
08-08-2016, 08:13 AM
Dude it's not looking good when the coach is saying its not looking good.Never said it looks good or bad... Just called it speculation because that's clearly what it was... He had no links or sources. Still nothing concrete... And certainly no recovery period suggested yet.

Skooby
08-08-2016, 08:59 AM
Never said it looks good or bad... Just called it speculation because that's clearly what it was... He had no links or sources. Still nothing concrete... And certainly no recovery period suggested yet.

The Bills went out and signed 2 LB on a Sunday and they couldn't even get a good MRI because of the amount of swelling, do you want to inspect the knees yourself to think there's isn't a major problem ?

- - - Updated - - -

Dude it's not looking good when the coach is saying its not looking good.

But it's speculation, LOL. I mean WTF ??

gebobs
08-08-2016, 09:18 AM
Frickin' leave this joint for three weeks and I come back to this? Egad.

Speaking of speculation, the speculation by one Nick Malize (http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2016/8/8/12401518/professional-evaluation-of-reggie-ragland-s-partially-torn-acl) is November at the earliest.

Skooby
08-08-2016, 09:41 AM
RR has a tear, this is serious and it's going to sideline him for a while:

http://www.upi.com/Sports_News/2016/08/08/Buffalo-Bills-LB-Reggie-Ragland-has-partial-ACL-tear/6271470631139/

Skooby
08-08-2016, 09:46 AM
Frickin' leave this joint for three weeks and I come back to this? Egad.

Speaking of speculation, the speculation by one Nick Malize (http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2016/8/8/12401518/professional-evaluation-of-reggie-ragland-s-partially-torn-acl) is November at the earliest.

How come realistic expectations are considered speculation ?? Late October / Early November is exactly what I figured as well. Can there be a few weeks earlier return ?? Sure, but there could be a few weeks later as well. Being realistic isn't speculation.

gebobs
08-08-2016, 10:22 AM
How come realistic expectations are considered speculation ??
Because it's based on assumptions and incomplete information.

Being realistic isn't speculation.

Being realistic is speculation too. It's just the most likely speculation which is why it's called realistic as opposed to optimistic or pessimistic.

Yasgur's Farm
08-10-2016, 05:06 AM
Skooby... now you're free to make a thread

Skooby
08-10-2016, 07:03 AM
Skooby... now you're free to make a thread

LOL. I tell you guys stuff & most of it shows up, sometimes in hours / sometimes in days. This was always serious from what I was told & the surgeon will determine how long he's out. I'm really upset about it and wanted him to come out storming, 2 of the 3 guys off the bus down for now and Washington wasn't running with the 1st squad. So much for 3 starters, Rex jinxed us & I don't really believe in jinxes.

swiper
08-10-2016, 07:28 AM
Ragland out for the year. Another OBD failure.

elroy16
08-10-2016, 07:49 AM
Ragland out for the year. Another OBD failure.

How?

gebobs
08-10-2016, 09:16 AM
How?

It's a fail. It's not their fault, but sometimes you fail regardless.

You have a job interview. You have two cars. One needs work so you drop it off at the mechanic thinking you can rely on the other to get to the appointed time. The next morning, you shine your shoes, get dressed, looking all spiffy. You crank the engine and....*sputter*.

Fail.

gebobs
08-10-2016, 09:19 AM
Because it's based on assumptions and incomplete information.

Being realistic is speculation too. It's just the most likely speculation which is why it's called realistic as opposed to optimistic or pessimistic.

As usual for the Buffalo Bills, the pessimistic view reigns supreme.

What a bunch of losers.

stuckincincy
08-10-2016, 09:29 AM
As usual for the Buffalo Bills, the pessimistic view reigns supreme.

What a bunch of losers.

Given that the team hasn't made the playoffs since the 1999 season, isn't that the realistic view? Years and years of coaching changes, front office changes, owner of one of the league's most chronic QB merry-go-round.

gebobs
08-10-2016, 09:50 AM
Given that the team hasn't made the playoffs since the 1999 season, isn't that the realistic view? Years and years of coaching changes, front office changes, owner of one of the league's most chronic QB merry-go-round.

Haha...indeed.

All joking aside though, the pessimism/realism/optimism here was about the injury and front office incompetence doesn't impact that unless Doug Whaley is performing the surgery. The speculation regarding how long he would be out ranged from the preseason to the whole season with the happy middle being a November return.

Whaley can't be held accountable for this but it sure doesn't help his reputation. Just about everything he touches turns to crap whether it's his fault or not. The sight of him makes me sick.

Skooby
08-10-2016, 11:34 AM
Ragland is no one's fault, things happen. I looked for previous knee injuries and couldn't find anything on him.

stuckincincy
08-10-2016, 12:03 PM
Haha...indeed.

All joking aside though, the pessimism/realism/optimism here was about the injury and front office incompetence doesn't impact that unless Doug Whaley is performing the surgery. The speculation regarding how long he would be out ranged from the preseason to the whole season with the happy middle being a November return.

Whaley can't be held accountable for this but it sure doesn't help his reputation. Just about everything he touches turns to crap whether it's his fault or not. The sight of him makes me sick.

Take the broader view. I'm not picking on Whaley, and the current crew. There has to be some reason why such a long playoff drought exists. My thought is that Wilson and now Pegula knew/know that that the Bflo. market is a cash cow. So far, the NFL is a no-risk investment. Getting 5 or 10 million easy profit from a franchise seems to me to be lucrative, with the added bonus of being the boss of a team. Most of us would enjoy that.

Nothing is going to change unless the comfortable cash cow is disturbed. And that's not buying the home tix.

That's what finally got through the noggin of CIN owner Brown. We all know about that franchise and how deeply it is run by the Brown family, the story of Paul Brown getting figuratively stabbed by Art Modell. Mikie finally turned over the day-to-day to his kids, who got the team out of the lost '90's. And did a bang-up job with talent acquisition.

Unfortunately, the old man's insistence on loyalty resulted in the appointment of coach-for-life Marvin Lewis. And we see what a failure he has been in big games.

Credit the Cincy fans, though. Sellouts are definitely not assured - Brown was one of those who agreed to that modification a few years back - don't recall the details - that cut his share of the gate and reduced the level of seats sold to make it a sellout for tv broadcasting. They still bite their fingernails...even with a franchise that made the playoffs for 6 years straight, the fans here aren't inclined to trusting them, so the Brown family frets the loss of the TV cash.

I doubt that BUF will ever be a contender until the fans stop buying tix. Good gosh - this is a club that drafted or traded RB after RB when they had good stock already on the club, knowing that new RBs are a time-honored method to gin up excitement.