PDA

View Full Version : Tonights HOF game canceled

Night Train
08-07-2016, 04:22 PM
Problems with paint on the field. Stands were already filling up.

Ouch...bad look for Roger G.

feldspar
08-07-2016, 04:57 PM
Unbelievable. Completely unbelievable. How many months did they have to prepare the ****ing field?

I was looking forward to watching that game tonight.

YardRat
08-07-2016, 05:03 PM
The league has become a joke.

Generalissimus Gibby
08-07-2016, 05:04 PM
Putin did it! What, everyone else blames him for everything even when there is no proof.

YardRat
08-07-2016, 05:34 PM
Putin did it! What, everyone else blames him for everything even when there is no proof.

Well, he is part of the new Axis of Evil...Trump, Putin, Kraft...

Generalissimus Gibby
08-07-2016, 05:49 PM

In all seriousness, back to your post about the league being a joke, I think its actually reached the point of being a farce. It was starting to be a joke twenty or even thirty years ago. Honestly, I think Goodell deserves this. I mean, sure its a low interest game competing against the world's premier sporting event taking place down in Rio and HOF games never are high ratings games, but its a great encapsulation of the incompetence and bungling of the Goodell era. This game became a farce a decade ago when the Pats got busted for cheating, and were punished by Goodell destroying all the evidence. I mean that kinda confirmed everything people were saying about the lack of fairness in the league, and was in line with every questionable call and non call the Refs have made since the late 90s from just give it to them and homerun throwback to the present. However, I think the league does not mind people focus on the in game rigging because although they love crafting and framing a good story, they know to most people it does not mean a whole lot and people will tune in and the league and its corporate partners will haul in the cash. I mean this is a league where star qbs rape women, Ben Rothlinsberger, punch out their wives and girl friends, and beat their kids. This says nothing of the concussion scandal. Will not having an HOF game be the end of the NFL? No. However, it might harbinger the end of the Goodell regime.

The HOF game will not be the end of the league, the concussion plague will.

Mace
08-07-2016, 05:51 PM

I thought it was Trump, Putin & Belichick.

Skooby
08-07-2016, 06:08 PM
They couldn't get the field paint straight ?? Seriously ?? I came home to turn the game on and have some drinks, geez that sucks.

YardRat
08-07-2016, 06:40 PM
I thought it was Trump, Putin & Belichick.

Kraft fits better, considering he gave Putin a SB ring.

Typ0
08-07-2016, 06:46 PM
What kind of lies are these? The paint is the problem???? Then scrape the paint off and play the game. Patch the turf. B O G U S ! ! !

stuckincincy
08-07-2016, 07:19 PM
What kind of lies are these? The paint is the problem???? Then scrape the paint off and play the game. Patch the turf. B O G U S ! ! !

It's FieldTurf.

Repairing FieldTurf requires sewing the patch in place.

..."The surface is composed of monofilament polyethylene blend fibers tufted into a polypropylene backing. The infill is composed of a bottom layer of silica sand, a middle layer which is a mixture of sand and cryogenic rubber, and a top layer of only rubber. The fibers are meant to replicate blades of grass, while the infill acts as a cushion. This cushioned intended to improve safety when compared to earlier artificial surfaces and allows players to plant and pivot as if they were playing on a grass field.[5]

Each square foot of turf contains approximately 3 kg (7 pounds) of sand and 1.5 kg (3 pounds) of cryogenic rubber. FieldTurf does not use shock absorbency pads below its infill. The backing of the turf is a combination of woven and non-woven polypropylene. These materials are permeable and allow water to drain through the backing itself.[6]"

Looks like somebody did the artwork with a glossy, cross-linking paint, with strong adherence to the polyethylene fiber. No mean feat that...in the coatings biz polyethylene is a pretty non-reactive (low-energy) material.

I'd go to the hardware store and get a belt sander or a floor sander with coarse grit media and abrade the daylights out of the coating, pierce it all over with awls and screwdrivers, and throw sand on it.

DetDannyWilliams
08-07-2016, 07:43 PM
maybe this is a good thing...this could get NFL talking about getting rid of preseason altogether! the games don't mean anything anyways! just another way to get players hurt! get rid of the preseason games and keep the players in TC

TacklingDummy
08-07-2016, 08:18 PM
maybe this is a good thing...this could get NFL talking about getting rid of preseason altogether! the games don't mean anything anyways! just another way to get players hurt! get rid of the preseason games and keep the players in TC

Get rid of preseason and extend the regular season by 2 games.

Generalissimus Gibby
08-07-2016, 09:27 PM
Get rid of preseason and extend the regular season by 2 games.

Nah, 18 game seasons would mean even more banged up players in the post season and the shortening of careers.

SpikedLemonade
08-08-2016, 05:06 AM
The league has become a joke.

AND the Bills are the punchline.

SpikedLemonade
08-08-2016, 05:09 AM
Nah, 18 game seasons would mean even more banged up players in the post season and the shortening of careers.

I disagree.

The CFL moved to a 2 pre-season game and 18 regular season game schedule years ago without any evidence of more banged up players in the post season or careers being shortened.

The fact the players are much bigger and much stronger does that.

The schedule is irrelevant.

Mike13
08-08-2016, 06:16 AM
NOW they give a **** about field conditions?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7DTNEa2E7w

trapezeus
08-08-2016, 06:27 AM
don't they have a proper outdoor stage for the inductions? why did they move it to the field anyway?

Night Train
08-08-2016, 02:49 PM

Talk has been reducing it to 2 games but expanding regular season to 18. Not sure 18 games is a good idea but $ dictates everything. Screw the cattle...er...players (owners thinking).

And to think when I was entering college back in 1978, there were 14 regular season games and 6 pre-season games ! Then they went 16 and 4. I just don't recall this many injuries. Too many roids, pills and insane workouts shaping a body that can't take the rigors of contact. A little fat, fast food and 12 packs of Labatt Blue worked better.

stuckincincy
08-08-2016, 08:09 PM
Ticket buyers at the (cancelled) game are angry. I don't blame them...

"What happened to the fans at Tom Benson Hall of Fame Stadium over the next 80 minutes was no accident," Doyel wrote. "It was intentional. It was deceitful. It was the Pro Football Hall of Fame keeping alive the façade, using its scoreboard to show a countdown to an 8 p.m. kickoff that would never happen, because there was money to be made."

"I've spent $50 since I got into the stadium," a Colts fan told Doyel 30 minutes before kickoff. "You're damn right I'm mad. I'm (expletive)."

A Packers fan added: "I spent $65 on this food," Liu says, gesturing to hot dogs and pizza and drinks he bought for his party of four. "How (expletive) do you think I am?"

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/angry-fans-at-the-hall-of-fame-game-felt-misled-as-they-bought-souvenirs-food/

swiper
08-10-2016, 04:55 PM
http://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/lawsuit_coming_this_week_after_canceled_nfl_hall_of_fame_game/s1_13156_21521407

Here comes the lawsuit.

DetDannyWilliams
08-28-2016, 11:11 AM

The NFL preseason isn’t for everyone. The casual fan really isn’t interested in watching training camp bodies play in a meaningless game.Though, it’s still a cash cow. Interest is there. Stadiums sell out. The cost of television (http://www.nextag.com/goto.jsp?p=67553&aff=y&origin=1101l8nV&clickSource={PUBREF}&url=%2Fnorob%2FClickTracker.jsp%3Fchnl%3Dmain%26tag%3D7218269065) rights remain relatively high.

In reality, it makes very little financial sense for the NFL to do away with the preseason altogether.
This hasn’t stopped rumors from circulating that suggest the 2016 NFL preseason might be the end of it all.

First off, the product itself stinks. With all due to respect to third and fourth stringers, we aren’t ponying up cash to watch them play. We surely aren’t doing so when it comes to a game that doesn’t count in the standings.
Secondly, preseason injuries continue to spoil it for the players and teams. Heck, just a couple days ago, Dallas Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo went down to a serious-looking injury -- one that’s going to keep him out for the next 6-10 weeks (more on that here (http://sportsnaut.com/2016/08/cowboys-season-shoulders-dak-prescott/)).
Should entire seasons and the aspirations of a team be destroyed due to a meaningless preseason game?
Finally, the preseason itself is too long. Most summers see at least two teams have to suit up for five games with the other 30 playing a total of four games. Doesn’t that seem like a little bit of overkill?

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/report-nfl-thinking-about-eliminating-preseason-games/ar-AAiadz7?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartanntp
<strike></strike>

<strike></strike>