X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • feldspar
    • Mar 2007

Ragland appears to have partial ACL tear per Schefter

Initial MRI on Bills Reggie Ragland’s knee revealed what appears to be partial ACL tear; team confident it's not fully torn, per team source

We should know more after the second opinion.
    Last edited by feldspar; 08-07-2016, 06:03 PM.
  • Luisito23
    Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
    • Apr 2003

Re: Ragland appears to have partial ACL tear per Schefter

What's the usual timeline for recovery?...or is it a season ending injury?
    "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
    ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
    ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
    ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

• HHURRICANE
      • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Luisito23 View Post
      What's the usual timeline for recovery?...or is it a season ending injury?
      I think it's the equivalent of being 3 months pregnant or 9 months pregnant. Your going to have surgery eventually.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
        Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

This team is ****** cursed. Why can't we catch a ****** break???

Comment

• Turf
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi View Post
          Stupid GM.
          Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• Zero
            Primary Objective: Buffalo Bills- Super Bowl Champs
            • Oct 2004

Tank it

Comment

• stuckincincy
              Buffalo Bills Fan
              • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Zero View Post
              Tank it
              Yep.

But that won't work with a team that has a fan base that sells out year after year. Pegula bought the Bills for the same reason he bought the Sabres - a good place to park money and get a steady if unspectacular rate of return, as well as the fun of owning a major league sports franchise.

Nothing is likely to change unless fans stop forking over their cash for an inferior product.
              Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• feldspar
                • Mar 2007

For what it's worth, Kiko Alonso partially tore his ACL last year in week 2 of the regular season. He was out six weeks, including the bye week, which he came back directly after. So he missed five games.

If Reggie Ragland's injury is anything like Kiko's, he might only miss a game or two.

We'll know more soon...

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                  Skoobasaurus-Rex
                  • Oct 2011

Originally posted by feldspar View Post
                  For what it's worth, Kiko Alonso partially tore his ACL last year in week 2 of the regular season. He was out six weeks, including the bye week, which he came back directly after. So he missed five games.

If Reggie Ragland's injury is anything like Kiko's, he might only miss a game or two.

We'll know more soon...
                  Its going to be 2-3 months, late October / November. If the current injuries all time out properly, we should be able to field an all-new team mid-season or so. Figure we could be healty late season.

Comment

• John Doe
                    Florida Man
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by HHURRICANE View Post
                    I think it's the equivalent of being 3 months pregnant or 9 months pregnant. Your going to have surgery eventually.
                    Not necessarily. Thurman Thomas had a similar injury in college and still has not had surgery.

Comment

• jamze132
                      Don’t hate…
                      • Jun 2003

Wait and see. Be glad the Bills don't employ the New York Mets training staff! If so, he'd get a couple days rest and then try playing through it.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                        Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                        • May 2003

Originally posted by feldspar View Post

We'll know more soon...
                        But Kiko has never come back to anywhere near his rookie form. Whether or not it's the knee, who knows? But he hasn't been the same player he was before the injury.
                        Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• trapezeus
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Oct 2004

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi View Post
                          answer: russ brandon

Comment

• Mahdi
                            • Mar 2004

I have a partial tear in my ACL right now and I can say it will probably be at least 8 weeks before Ragland can play again, maybe 10.

The swelling alone takes weeks to come down and then there is also very limited range of motion in the knee where it can only be bent half-way or less.

You also lose a lot of muscle in your calf and quad due to the inactivity.

I play soccer on the 2/3 of the ACL I have so its possible to play LB like that but there is a bigger risk that at some point the whole ACL will tear.

Comment

• feldspar
                              • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Jan Reimers View Post
                              But Kiko has never come back to anywhere near his rookie form. Whether or not it's the knee, who knows? But he hasn't been the same player he was before the injury.
                              He had two different injuries. Obviously, the first one was much worse and caused him to miss the whole season with the Bills. I'm not talking about that one. I'm not trying to compare two different players either. Just saying that it's possible that ACL tear could mean six weeks out in some cases, if that's in fact what Ragland has.

Comment

Working...
                              X