PDA

View Full Version : Cordy Glenn Likely Out For Preseason - High Ankle Sprain

DraftBoy
08-08-2016, 01:00 PM
Per Ian Rapoport via Twitter.

He did add that there was not any structural damage which is a good thing.

trapezeus
08-08-2016, 01:09 PM
at least high ankle sprains don't end up being nagging injuries...oh wait.

jamze132
08-08-2016, 01:36 PM
High ankle sprains can limit a player all year.

Buffalogic
08-08-2016, 02:18 PM
Can't wait for the next episode of 'dropping like flies - a buffalo bills story'

Night Train
08-08-2016, 02:37 PM
Good excuse to hide him until the opener.

Find some excuses for Taylor, McCoy, Watkins, Clay, Dareus, Hughes and several others.

DraftBoy
08-08-2016, 02:43 PM
Good excuse to hide him until the opener.

Find some excuses for Taylor, McCoy, Watkins, Clay, Dareus, Hughes and several others.

So you don't want any starter taking pre-season reps? How are they supposed to get into game shape, build chemistry, or get their timing down? Those aren't things that can be accomplished just in practice throwing against air or a D that is only going 70% the majority of the time.

Night Train
08-08-2016, 03:20 PM
So you don't want any starter taking pre-season reps? How are they supposed to get into game shape, build chemistry, or get their timing down? Those aren't things that can be accomplished just in practice throwing against air or a D that is only going 70% the majority of the time.

Understand completely... but Marv used to hide starters and play 2nd,3rd units all the time. Now more than ever, this should be done.

Not comparing that superior talent level at all to this current unknown roster but these NFL players today have multiple OTA's, mini camps and practices trumping the past teams by a 3 to 1 margin.

The Free Agent/Cap age with large contract guarantees has made this quite the financial risk that didn't exist in the past. It's shifted significantly away from the owners to players. Good for several star players per roster.... but bad for NFL teams where quality depth is thinner than ever, especially at QB.

I'm not feeling sorry for the owners or the NFLPA who agree to these insane deals and create this situation...since they just pass on the cost to the fans in high ticket prices, concessions and parking fees.

In the end, we deserve better. I don't want to see a stand in for Seinfeld when I pay $100 for his comedy show. So I don't wish to hear how Manuel and Gillislee will carry us in a game where I paid full price to see Taylor and McCoy.

They can play with a little rust better than the backups.

EDS
08-08-2016, 03:27 PM
That stinks. I had a high ankle sprain in high school and it lingered for the entire basketball season, and I weight half of what Cordy weights.

mightysimi
08-08-2016, 03:43 PM
That stinks. I had a high ankle sprain in high school and it lingered for the entire basketball season, and I weight half of what Cordy weights.

But I'm sure you stayed off it in a walking boot for a month right? Or you just kept playing basketball and didn't rest it?

Mace
08-08-2016, 03:47 PM
Understand completely... but Marv used to hide starters and play 2nd,3rd units all the time. Now more than ever, this should be done.

Well, these aren't the 90's Bills, the game has changed, the team is still learning the schemes (Roman even said his always evolves), and playing with a little rust nowadays leads more often to...

injuries.

Skooby
08-08-2016, 03:50 PM
This is a serious issue.

EDS
08-08-2016, 04:21 PM
But I'm sure you stayed off it in a walking boot for a month right? Or you just kept playing basketball and didn't rest it?

I was on crutches for a few days, then rehab for ten days or so, then back to playing, albeit poorly. I do remember it not being a problem once track season rolled around.

Luisito23
08-08-2016, 05:08 PM
It's always gotta be either a key, or promising player that gets hurt on this team...it can never be a scrub.

OpIv37
08-08-2016, 07:25 PM
A lot of people on this site give the FO credit when they don't re-sign a guy who ends up getting injured. By that logic, those same people should be in this thread criticizing the Glenn signing.

Mace
08-08-2016, 07:29 PM
A lot of people on this site give the FO credit when they don't re-sign a guy who ends up getting injured. By that logic, those same people should be in this thread criticizing the Glenn signing.

I'm still kind of concerned we seem to keep drafting brittle guys. Doesn't have much to do with Glenn though, he's been a relative rock.

OpIv37
08-08-2016, 07:32 PM
I'm still kind of concerned we seem to keep drafting brittle guys. Doesn't have much to do with Glenn though, he's been a relative rock.

I'm simply pointing out the hypocrisy of the morons who think the FO somehow knows if a guy with no injury history will get injured.

That being said, they do have a tendency of drafting/signing guys with long injury histories then wondering what happened when they get hurt. Kevin Kolb, anyone?

Mace
08-08-2016, 07:52 PM
I'm simply pointing out the hypocrisy of the morons who think the FO somehow knows if a guy with no injury history will get injured.

That being said, they do have a tendency of drafting/signing guys with long injury histories then wondering what happened when they get hurt. Kevin Kolb, anyone?

I know, I just wonder about their scouting staff and your post made me think about it again.

Some injuries are always going to happen unpredictably in contact sports, but Preston Brown, Darby & Incognito to date seem like the only acquisitions in a while who have remained relatively robust.

No clue if that's a norm, but seems peculiar.

mysticsoto
08-08-2016, 08:59 PM
I miss Rusty...seems like we used to have a lot less injuries back when he was here...

Skooby
08-08-2016, 09:30 PM
Fisher curse.

SpikedLemonade
08-08-2016, 10:43 PM
THE EXCUSES FOR THIS SEASON HAVE NOW BEEN SET.

Topas
08-09-2016, 12:29 AM
I dont think we are finished yet, Spiked :-)

gebobs
08-09-2016, 06:23 AM
17 seasons and counting. yeehaw

trapezeus
08-09-2016, 06:26 AM
90's bills took the preseasons off because they already knew the system and had chemistry. they still practiced, they may not have played the preseason games, but they were in the practice sessions. this 2016 team was not good enough on both sides of the ball, they need the reps at this point.