• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DraftBoy
    Administrator
    • Jul 2002

Cordy Glenn Likely Out For Preseason - High Ankle Sprain

Per Ian Rapoport via Twitter.

He did add that there was not any structural damage which is a good thing.
    COMING SOON...
    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!
  • trapezeus
    Legendary Zoner
    • Oct 2004

Re: Cordy Glenn Likely Out For Preseason - High Ankle Sprain

at least high ankle sprains don't end up being nagging injuries...oh wait.

Comment

• jamze132
      Don’t hate…
      • Jun 2003

High ankle sprains can limit a player all year.

Comment

• Buffalogic
        Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin'
        • Feb 2006

Can't wait for the next episode of 'dropping like flies - a buffalo bills story'

Comment

• Night Train
          Retired - On Several Levels
          • Jul 2005

Good excuse to hide him until the opener.

Find some excuses for Taylor, McCoy, Watkins, Clay, Dareus, Hughes and several others.
          Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• DraftBoy
            Administrator
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Night Train View Post
            Good excuse to hide him until the opener.

Find some excuses for Taylor, McCoy, Watkins, Clay, Dareus, Hughes and several others.
            So you don't want any starter taking pre-season reps? How are they supposed to get into game shape, build chemistry, or get their timing down? Those aren't things that can be accomplished just in practice throwing against air or a D that is only going 70% the majority of the time.
            COMING SOON...
            Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
            We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Night Train
              Retired - On Several Levels
              • Jul 2005

Originally posted by DraftBoy View Post
              So you don't want any starter taking pre-season reps? How are they supposed to get into game shape, build chemistry, or get their timing down? Those aren't things that can be accomplished just in practice throwing against air or a D that is only going 70% the majority of the time.
              Understand completely... but Marv used to hide starters and play 2nd,3rd units all the time. Now more than ever, this should be done.

Not comparing that superior talent level at all to this current unknown roster but these NFL players today have multiple OTA's, mini camps and practices trumping the past teams by a 3 to 1 margin.

The Free Agent/Cap age with large contract guarantees has made this quite the financial risk that didn't exist in the past. It's shifted significantly away from the owners to players. Good for several star players per roster.... but bad for NFL teams where quality depth is thinner than ever, especially at QB.

I'm not feeling sorry for the owners or the NFLPA who agree to these insane deals and create this situation...since they just pass on the cost to the fans in high ticket prices, concessions and parking fees.

In the end, we deserve better. I don't want to see a stand in for Seinfeld when I pay $100 for his comedy show. So I don't wish to hear how Manuel and Gillislee will carry us in a game where I paid full price to see Taylor and McCoy.

They can play with a little rust better than the backups.
              Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• EDS
                • Jan 2003

That stinks. I had a high ankle sprain in high school and it lingered for the entire basketball season, and I weight half of what Cordy weights.

Comment

• mightysimi
                  Buckle me in on the highway of sin
                  • Mar 2010

Originally posted by EDS View Post
                  That stinks. I had a high ankle sprain in high school and it lingered for the entire basketball season, and I weight half of what Cordy weights.
                  But I'm sure you stayed off it in a walking boot for a month right? Or you just kept playing basketball and didn't rest it?

Comment

• Mace
                    Haha...yeah you think so ?
                    • Mar 2013

Originally posted by Night Train View Post
                    Understand completely... but Marv used to hide starters and play 2nd,3rd units all the time. Now more than ever, this should be done.
                    Well, these aren't the 90's Bills, the game has changed, the team is still learning the schemes (Roman even said his always evolves), and playing with a little rust nowadays leads more often to...

injuries.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                      Skoobasaurus-Rex
                      • Oct 2011

This is a serious issue.
                      Last edited by Skooby; 08-08-2016, 03:52 PM.

Comment

• EDS
                        • Jan 2003

Originally posted by mightysimi View Post
                        But I'm sure you stayed off it in a walking boot for a month right? Or you just kept playing basketball and didn't rest it?
                        I was on crutches for a few days, then rehab for ten days or so, then back to playing, albeit poorly. I do remember it not being a problem once track season rolled around.

Comment

• Luisito23
                          Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
                          • Apr 2003

It's always gotta be either a key, or promising player that gets hurt on this team...it can never be a scrub.
                          "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
                          ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
                          ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
                          ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

• OpIv37
                            Acid Douching Asswipe
                            • Sep 2002

A lot of people on this site give the FO credit when they don't re-sign a guy who ends up getting injured. By that logic, those same people should be in this thread criticizing the Glenn signing.
                            MiKiDo Facebook
                            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Mace
                              Haha...yeah you think so ?
                              • Mar 2013

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
                              A lot of people on this site give the FO credit when they don't re-sign a guy who ends up getting injured. By that logic, those same people should be in this thread criticizing the Glenn signing.
                              I'm still kind of concerned we seem to keep drafting brittle guys. Doesn't have much to do with Glenn though, he's been a relative rock.

Comment

Working...
                              X