PDA

View Full Version : Anyone heard a peep on Charles Clay?

Mr. Miyagi
08-09-2016, 06:36 PM
Big money free agent acquisition, supposedly going to take a big step forward second year in the system, blah blah blah. Has anyone heard or saw anything on this guy in TC making a catch or anything? I sure haven't seen crap.

YardRat
08-09-2016, 06:54 PM
I think he's only participating on a very limited basis.

Mace
08-09-2016, 06:57 PM
Supposedly he's been doing a lot of stretching. Unspecified injury.

Back on the field today :

- The Bills got a total of five players back from the non-practicing list with Watkins, K. Williams, Dareus, tight end Charles Clay

http://www.wkbw.com/sports/bills/7-bills-training-camp-observations-day-8-8816

feldspar
08-09-2016, 08:25 PM
Tyrod learns to throw to the middle if the field better, and any TE will see better numbers.

But, while Clay isn't the best blocking TE in the league, he can do it. We has the #1 running game in the NFL last year, remember. TE needs to bock too for that to happen.

Luisito23
08-09-2016, 09:07 PM
Clay's made out of Clay...Better sit him until the opener before he melts.

feldspar
08-09-2016, 11:28 PM
Clay's made out of Clay...

That's simply brilliant. Dunno how you can come up with this pure gold...

Maybe we can mold Clay. Whoooahhhh!!!

Mace
08-10-2016, 06:11 PM
Tyrod learns to throw to the middle if the field better, and any TE will see better numbers.

But, while Clay isn't the best blocking TE in the league, he can do it. We has the #1 running game in the NFL last year, remember. TE needs to bock too for that to happen.

They didn't call plays to the middle of the field, he was fine on the few they did. It was by design.

THATHURMANATOR
08-11-2016, 09:15 AM
Big money free agent acquisition, supposedly going to take a big step forward second year in the system, blah blah blah. Has anyone heard or saw anything on this guy in TC making a catch or anything? I sure haven't seen crap.

NO

feldspar
08-11-2016, 09:44 AM
They didn't call plays to the middle of the field, he was fine on the few they did. It was by design.

I know that, horn-dog.

But it was also by design for a reason. It's harder to throw in the middle of the field because there is a lot going on there, so it's harder to predict where defenders are going to be. If Tyrod is going to be the guy, he needs to earn that trust for Roman to call passing plays in the middle of the field more. I think he will this year.

Turf
08-11-2016, 10:00 AM
I think Roman sucks for the record. Especially calling QB running plays when the QB has an injury. I think he's an idiot. He has no hurry up offense, and isn't smart enough to run hurry up when down by two scores with 7 mins left in the game. A very simple indication to me that he's not very good.

feldspar
08-11-2016, 10:45 AM
I think Roman sucks for the record. Especially calling QB running plays when the QB has an injury. I think he's an idiot. He has no hurry up offense, and isn't smart enough to run hurry up when down by two scores with 7 mins left in the game. A very simple indication to me that he's not very good.

I like Roman.

All he did was help the 49ers to three consecutive conference title games (including one Super Bowl) in his four years with the 49ers. No losing seasons thus far. Much of that with Colin Kaepernick at QB, who just lost his job to Blaine freakin' Gabbert.

swiper
08-11-2016, 10:48 AM
I like Roman.

All he did was help the 49ers to three consecutive conference title games (including one Super Bowl) in his four years with the 49ers. No losing seasons thus far. Much of that with Colin Kaepernick at QB, who just lost his job to Blaine freakin' Gabbert.

The last sentence can't be underscored enough.

HAMMER
08-11-2016, 11:35 AM
Clay has a bad back, I expect mediocrity for years to come.

trapezeus
08-11-2016, 01:19 PM
clay is apparently eating well at buffalo's restaurants according to the bills facebook videos.

Night Train
08-11-2016, 01:50 PM
He was open plenty of times last year, only to see the ball go somewhere else.

Overpaid for sure. I want to see him make some catches this year. Bills reportedly rolling Taylor out to create a better passing lane and see the middle of the field. If so, slot WR's and Clay should see more chances. To be determined.

trapezeus
08-11-2016, 02:08 PM
hopefully they don't overly rely on the roll out, that will effectively take away one side of the field and someone like belichick will make passing nearly impossible. I actually trust roman's view on offense. I think so far, it seems like he's bringing taylor along at the right pace. its on taylor to make the jump as well as stay healthy.

Mace
08-11-2016, 05:49 PM
I know that, horn-dog.

:sad:

:psyche:

justasportsfan
08-11-2016, 07:19 PM

I still don't know what we have in Roman. His unit improved from the year before considering the mess he inherited unlike Rex who inherited the no.4 D

Mace
08-11-2016, 07:22 PM
I still don't know what we have in Roman. His unit improved from the year before considering the mess he inherited unlike Rex who inherited the no.4 D

It's that we're fine until we really NEED to pass, then it's not going to happen.

feldspar
08-11-2016, 07:58 PM
:sad:

:psyche:

C'mon, chump. "Horn-dog" isn't necessarily an insult. "Chump" might be, on the other hand, but not always.

Mace
08-11-2016, 07:59 PM
C'mon, chump. "Horn-dog" isn't necessarily an insult. "Chump" might be, on the other hand, but not always.

You're so mean to me.

feldspar
08-11-2016, 08:00 PM
You're so mean to me.

Yeah, but that's only because you got it coming.

Mace
08-11-2016, 08:03 PM
Yeah, but that's only because you got it coming.

There's that yes. Doesn't hurt my feelings though because you're that insignificant.

feldspar
08-11-2016, 08:11 PM
There's that yes. Doesn't hurt my feelings though because you're that insignificant.

Ouch.

I'd kick you in the shin if I could. Then we'd know something.

Mace
08-11-2016, 08:19 PM
Ouch.

I'd kick you in the shin if I could. Then we'd know something.

You'd know I had them replaced 10 years ago with steel because I knew someone would try it.

Yes, I walk funny, but it's worth it when someone kicks me in the shins.